Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Bane Origin Scenes Deleted?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Bane Origin Scenes Deleted? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Bane Origin Scenes Deleted? - 8/8/2012 10:32:56 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
spolier alert! - 8/8/2012 10:32:56 AM   
walsh170585

i thought empire might want to put a gentle spoiler alert on this news post for those that havent seen the movie yet!!!!

it doesnt give away that much but for those wantig to see the movie fresh without any outside info, this could be a spoiler.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
spolier alert! - 8/8/2012 10:33:46 AM   
walsh170585

i thought empire might want to put a gentle spoiler alert on this news post for those that havent seen the movie yet!!!!

it doesnt give away that much but for those wantig to see the movie fresh without any outside info, this could be a spoiler.

Post #: 3
Your fault - 8/8/2012 10:37:42 AM   
cormac_c

If you haven't seen the film, why would you click on a news story like this? You'd only have yourself to blame if you spoiled it.

Post #: 4
Your fault - 8/8/2012 10:44:16 AM   
jamiemulls

It clearly says "Bane's Origin" in the title of the news story ... do you really need a spoiler tag as well or are you really that pedantic?

Post #: 5
no spoilers - 8/8/2012 11:08:09 AM   
gusbuster

There arent any spoilers in this piece. What's talked about is entirely within the basic plot laid out in the trailer and the film synopsis. Nobody likes spoilers, but it seems to me you're more likely to have a film ruined by movie marketing companies than Empire, who are generally pretty sensitive about not spoiling films for readers. It's not helpful to cry Spoiler! too often.

Post #: 6
Does Nolan do deleted scenes? - 8/8/2012 11:55:55 AM   
jimmyriddler

Interesting seeing as Nolan usually makes a point of how efficient he is when shooting. Obviously things like this are always going to happen when they go to the edit, but it's rare to actually hear details of what was shot but wasn't included with Nolan - Hemming will get a slap on the wrist! Looking on the extras from previous Blu rays and dvds Nolan doesn't seem to include much deleted scene extras, so I guess it's unlikely we'll actually see the scene play out?

Post #: 7
If you haven't seen it yet, then ... - 8/8/2012 12:07:24 PM   
Nicky C

... don't f*cking read about it. Does this mean we might see the first 'extended cut' of a Chris Nolan movie on Blu Ray? I'd love to see a 3-hour director's version. That would stimulate my geek gland into a sopping nerdfroth.

Post #: 8
Nolan doesn't like deleted scenes - 8/8/2012 3:16:49 PM   
lankeymarlon

Nolan isn't one for including deleted scenes in the Blu-Ray/DVD releases of his films. He might have a bit in the extras where they discuss filming the deleted scene but he is a strong believer in, the fact that he has told everything he wanted to tell within his film and so there shouldn't be parts of the story that weren't in the film.

But you never know. I am personally hoping he will release a Trilogy set with hours and hours of extra footage/ interviews/ scenes.

Post #: 9
banes missing scene - 8/8/2012 4:37:13 PM   
scott0072

that scene is in the script- cut from the theatrical version- Tom Hardy

Post #: 10
Nolan doesn't like deleted scenes - 8/8/2012 5:01:34 PM   
Nicky C

Fair enough, but if he shot them then I want to see them. If they're not on the disc and we know they exist, then we have no choice but to hold a people's court on the matter. Either that or we go to war with Matthew Modine. I'm flexible.

Post #: 11
Biggest flaw! - 8/8/2012 6:01:49 PM   
krazyivan666

I felt, having seen it 3 times now, the biggest flaw with the film was not giving Bane any background... The only background we ARE given is the one we later attribute to Talia, fair enough... but why then does Bane tell Batman "I was born in the darkness, molded by it... I didn't see the light until I was already a man" if he WASN'T the child born in the pit?! The purpose of the mask is mearly hinted at, his super-strength not explained, his motives, his past..... I know something of the comics, not a great deal, but what I know plus what they told us left too much to figure out, with no solid conclusion. Any scenes of his past or his origin may have greatly enhanced the threat and menace of his character and were missed from the finished film... as awesome as it was anyway!!

Post #: 12
Worthless origin - 13/8/2012 2:25:01 PM   
Pelle

There was no origin story or background for The Joker either and that worked out just fine.

Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Bane Origin Scenes Deleted? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI