Delta Heat (1992)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Delta Heat (1992) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Delta Heat (1992) - 5/8/2012 3:56:32 PM   
Phubbs

Missed this classic cop duo action thriller, I think everyone did. Even though it was made in 1992 you would think it was an 80's film looking at the state of Anthony Edwards and his wardrobe. His hair cut is really something to been seen, on top of that the earring that he sports is truly unthinkable.

I really can't think of many less likely or worthy to be cast in a cop buddy action flick than Edwards, the man is not the right type for action films. I still ponder how he got cast in 'Top Gun'. His partner in this is Lance Henriksen who as usual is on top form hamming it up something chronic as a Southern swamp dwelling Dixie with an alligator obsession (he lost his hand to one).

The film is clearly suppose to be along the same lines as 'Beverly Hills Cops'. There is the obligatory smart ass humour throughout which isn't really that funny, chirpy little tunes of the South to give that quirky not too serious feeling and pretty much everything else you might expect from this type of film. Odd thing is there isn't that much action in the film.

An original double team in the form of a slick Hollywood cop who dresses like an 80's reject and scruffy looking 'Crocodile Dundee' type from down South. I give the film that but otherwise its pretty poor stuff with not much to recommend unless you really love Henriksen and his characters (his second film based in the Bayous of New Orleans).
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Delta Heat (1992) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI