Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Media Player recommendations

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Knowledge Base >> Media Player recommendations Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Media Player recommendations - 3/8/2012 12:37:09 PM   
mattjtemp

Hello!

I have an Asus O player, it has a remote control, connects to the Tele and my NAS drive and I can watch home movies, music, films all very well.

But I find the OS clunky and would like to be able to browse you tube, email/web etc and would like a Zune or iTunes approach to the music, I like the D-Link boxee but wondered if anyone had recommendations on this as I always end up buying in haste and repenting at leisure.

Any suggestions will be gratefully googled.

'I need your clothes, your boots, and your unicycle'
Post #: 1
RE: Media Player recommendations - 3/8/2012 6:04:37 PM   
gingerdaniel

I have fully invested in Apple's wares and i have an Appletv, as i already had the other idevices it fits seamlessly in for streaming my content to the tv as well as using netflix, youtube and being able to mirror from my phone/pad means i can also watch 4od/itvplayer and other app based streaming services!

For the 100 it costs it's a nice little addition (although i got mine brought over from the US, saving me a few notes).

However, as i say, i'm invested, so all my media is itunes based and i don't have any issues, some of your files may need to be converted which can take time, but once setup it's a doddle.

Oh and i can control the Appletv from my phone/pad too, the remote you get with it is a bit shit, especially when you want to search on youtube and type.

Do you run? Check THIS out

(in reply to mattjtemp)
Post #: 2
RE: Media Player recommendations - 3/8/2012 6:35:27 PM   
mattjtemp

Thanks, my step dad is all apples up but though we have ipods and iTunes we have all sorts of naughty file types, I guess my ideal would be a decent firmware update for the o player to allow more flexible browsing and a usb keyboard.

'I need your clothes, your boots, and your unicycle'

(in reply to gingerdaniel)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Knowledge Base >> Media Player recommendations Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI