Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

No Bill Murray For Ghostbusters 3?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> No Bill Murray For Ghostbusters 3? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
No Bill Murray For Ghostbusters 3? - 3/8/2012 1:57:29 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Shame - 3/8/2012 1:57:29 AM   
tommypocket

Shame Murray won't be there - would have been brilliant to have him struggling to run around, sighing and disinterestedly mumbling his lines, occasionally shooting despondent 'I don't want to be here' looks into the camera ala Tim from 'The Office'...

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
RE: No Bill Murray For Ghostbusters 3? - 3/8/2012 4:26:26 AM   
JoseJones

I've read many articles about this movie and several Dan Akroyd interviews on the subject. (So, I'm an expert and a know it all and now you can hate me LOL) First, before people get all huffy and puffy at Bill Murray HE HAS read those scripts and talked extensively with Dan -- you haven't... So, if Bill thinks this project is crap then it probably is crap. There are tons of comedic possibilities for this project and turning these guys into disabled old fogies is not... funny. Anyways, the First Ghostbusters became a Bill Murray vehicle sadly because John Belushi passed away. They took John's lines and fed them to Bill Murray with some improv I'm sure. Freeing them to hire Danny Glover (that is a joke) to play Bill's character. Anyways, much like a child who doesn't want to wear the costume his mommy bought for him at Holloween Bill is saying "I don't want to be a Ghostbuster"... LOL So let Bill be anything he wants. My take on this, and mind you, this is only my opinion, is that Ghostbusters is NOT a franchise and the second one should never have been made. So, paying 12 dollars to see Ghostbusters 3 is not on my "To Do" list, sorry. I love Dan Akroyd as a fan, not in any fruity or awkward way, you know where one man stares inappropriately at another man and doesn't look away... But, I think maybe Dan should come up with a better idea. Something new. Also, man, I just hope where ever John Belushi is at these days I hope he's resting at peace, you know with relaxed posture lots of smiles maybe with the spiritual equivalent of a hash pipe fired up bright. LOL Amen.

Post #: 3
please not ben stiller!!! - 3/8/2012 6:14:21 AM   
mclane1

not ben stiller, vince vaughan etc. please- lets have some new talent or go the otherway and get some a-list, reynolds, cooper??

Post #: 4
- 3/8/2012 7:37:16 AM   
dunkah

Dan Aykroyd thought it was time to make Blues Brothers 2000.

Post #: 5
Ghost Busters RIP... - 3/8/2012 9:01:54 AM   
logan 5

With Bill Murray staying well clear it is finally time to leave well alone - like Waynes World Bill and Ted etc... these films reflect a certain point / generation in popular film culture and should be left alone to occupy their rightful place in our hearts and minds and not to have their greatness diluted and potentially ruined by poor poor remakes... now Debbie Does Dallas that's a different matter all together...

Post #: 6
No Murray, No point!. - 3/8/2012 9:23:41 AM   
Moronifighter

No disrespect to the other actors but Ghost Busters without Bill is just not right and will never work, my prediction- It's going to be shit, mark my words

Post #: 7
It's not the end of the world - 3/8/2012 10:43:47 AM   
SideEye

As a massive fan of Ghostbusters I would have loved to see him in it but it isn't the end of the world. The main characters are all old now so it would never have been the same. There is plenty of fresh meat out there that can take over the proton packs. Jonah Hill would make a great Ghostbuster. They need to bring this series into the 21st century, I'd like to see the original characters training up a group of young, funny apprentices so that they can retire or take a back seat to the action. Also focus on the script and effects, and leave 3D out of it please!!

Post #: 8
FLASHMAN - 3/8/2012 11:00:11 AM   
Frank Comiskey

The old guys should have been set up to rescue the next generation of ghostbusters, if-at-all..................does nobody remember that Ghostbusters 2 tanked, even though it was released a full five years after the first one come out in (19)84.............so, think about it..............it's nearly 30 years since this idea was actually funny.

I predict Murray will do regardless of the script, if they offer him the Earth AND the chance to do a dream project of his chosing....................if memory serves, he only agreed to do the original Ghostbusters, when Columbia agreed to film his own adaptation of Somerset Maugham's WW1 story, The Razor's Edge, which was ok, but bombed.

Post #: 9
Oh dear God no.... - 3/8/2012 11:24:49 AM   
Paddy Kieran

"please not ben stiller!!!
not ben stiller, vince vaughan etc. please- lets have some new talent or go the otherway and get some a-list, reynolds, cooper??"

never.... NEVER...let Ryan Reynolds or Bradley Cooper near this film...funny comedians only or it will suck donkeyballs

< Message edited by Paddy Kieran -- 3/8/2012 11:26:44 AM >

Post #: 10
All this effort ... - 3/8/2012 11:35:59 AM   
Nicky C

... could have produced several NEW projects, could it not? How much times is being wasted on a sequel that nobody asked for?

Post #: 11
Murray Being A Stuck In The Mud - 3/8/2012 12:30:01 PM  1 votes
burtbondy

A surprising the best Hollywood buy apocalyptic and a genuine classic and some of this one of the best spills, spills, special effects mone of that that this no surprising the best the biggest film of the best Hollywood buy at theme of this no summer made. Add to this one of the time, it is was trills, spills, special effects mone of this truly at this oney could buy a genuine of 1984. A summer blockbuster blockbusters ever with humor, this theme time, truly apocalyptic finale, it is one of the best

Post #: 12
RE: Murray Being A Stuck In The Mud - 3/8/2012 1:34:03 PM   
sidownes

quote:

ORIGINAL: burtbondy

A surprising the best Hollywood buy apocalyptic and a genuine classic and some of this one of the best spills, spills, special effects mone of that that this no surprising the best the biggest film of the best Hollywood buy at theme of this no summer made. Add to this one of the time, it is was trills, spills, special effects mone of this truly at this oney could buy a genuine of 1984. A summer blockbuster blockbusters ever with humor, this theme time, truly apocalyptic finale, it is one of the best

pardon?

(in reply to burtbondy)
Post #: 13
- 3/8/2012 1:40:09 PM   
Cyberleader

Make all the new Ghostbusters women. Why? Well, why make a sequel if you've got no new ideas and you're just remaking the original. I adore the original in this case, so they better not squander it...

Post #: 14
DON'T FUCKING MAKE IT!! - 3/8/2012 2:28:53 PM   
drico

Murray is the heart and soul of Ghostbusters.....if they're gonna make onther one, do it on Murray's terms no matter what he demands....don't just fucking make another one for the sake of it........Ackroyd is an idiot saying "it's time". It clearly isn't if ur leaving out the the vital ingredient that made Ghostbusters incredible. The only way it can be done without Murray is when those of us who remember and still watch the old films are long gone, dust in the wind and then u have the permission to shit all over it for a new dickless generation who'll watch it in their recall booths whilst bawking at the mediocrity of slimer's cg.

I like Dan Ackroyd but in this case he can go suck a lemon.....or Murray's cock if it'll get him on board. over and out.

< Message edited by drico -- 3/8/2012 2:30:10 PM >

Post #: 15
RE: FLASHMAN - 3/8/2012 3:28:21 PM   
NCC1701A

quote:

ORIGINAL: Frank Comiskey

The old guys should have been set up to rescue the next generation of ghostbusters, if-at-all..................does nobody remember that Ghostbusters 2 tanked, even though it was released a full five years after the first one come out in (19)84.............so, think about it..............it's nearly 30 years since this idea was actually funny.

I predict Murray will do regardless of the script, if they offer him the Earth AND the chance to do a dream project of his chosing....................if memory serves, he only agreed to do the original Ghostbusters, when Columbia agreed to film his own adaptation of Somerset Maugham's WW1 story, The Razor's Edge, which was ok, but bombed.

Ghostbusers 2 did not tank it held the record as having the biggest three- day opening weekend gross in history. It was also the 8th top grossing film worldwide of 1989.

Trench: I'll be back.

Church: You've been back enough. I'll be back.

[leaves]

Trench: Yippee-ki-yay.

The Expendables 2 (2012)

(in reply to Frank Comiskey)
Post #: 16
Kinda maybe this Isn't a bad thing. - 3/8/2012 5:05:35 PM   
mytvisevil

I know they weren't amazing action stars in the original ones but if this helps reduce the chance of a 'let's round up the old gang for one more adventure' style plot then it can only be a good thing in my opinion.

And there are so many good opportunities for casting young blood- hell let's just reunite the Superbad cast!

Post #: 17
Kinda maybe this Isn't a bad thing. - 3/8/2012 5:15:12 PM   
mytvisevil

double post- sorry

< Message edited by mytvisevil -- 3/8/2012 5:16:10 PM >

Post #: 18
RE: Oh dear God no.... - 3/8/2012 5:57:54 PM   
mclane1

no problem (but reynolds is actually very funny and would be great in the venkman role being sarky and dry), but please please PLEASE please dont let this be a BEN STILLER movie!!!!!!!!!!
quote:

ORIGINAL: Paddy Kieran
never.... NEVER...let Ryan Reynolds or Bradley Cooper near this film...funny comedians only or it will suck donkeyballs

If the cash is there, we do not care.

(in reply to Paddy Kieran)
Post #: 19
RE: - 3/8/2012 5:59:35 PM   
mclane1

you are quite simply mad and strange :)
quote:

ORIGINAL: Cyberleader
Make all the new Ghostbusters women. Why? Well, why make a sequel if you've got no new ideas and you're just remaking the original. I adore the original in this case, so they better not squander it...

If the cash is there, we do not care.

(in reply to Cyberleader)
Post #: 20
RE: Kinda maybe this Isn't a bad thing. - 3/8/2012 6:01:01 PM   
TheSpleen

Let's look at the careers and choices of them all. I see Murray picking decent work with a good eye to what a good script is (Mainly). If he thought the script sucked then that's that.

I'm not keen on the passing of the torch to younger Ghostbusters but let's face it it's gonna happen.

Perhaps this is just a ploy to kick Bill up the arse a bit and say 'We're going with or without you' to make him maybe change his mind. Besides, I thought they all had to agree to do it?

(in reply to mytvisevil)
Post #: 21
Probably gonna be naff - 3/8/2012 6:15:04 PM   
jrewing1000

Let's face it. Ghostbusters 2 wasn't exactly a great movie. What makes people think 3 is going to be any different. Another pointless sequel. Come up with something new!!

Post #: 22
Reboot instead. - 3/8/2012 7:52:48 PM   
maxberman

Get Tomas Alfredson at the helm, Dan Weiss and David Benioff to write. Cast DeCaprio as Venkman, Adrien Brody as Egon and Jonah Hill as Stanz. Wally Fister shoots. Steven Scott designs and I'm the concept artist. Boom.

Post #: 23
RE: Reboot instead. - 3/8/2012 9:41:22 PM   
Lucky Day

Just give Adam Sandler the Venkman part. Sorted.

(in reply to maxberman)
Post #: 24
Wild Bill - 4/8/2012 12:11:04 AM   
makeminemedia

Bill Murray has a long history of not telling people if he's going to star in their movies and then just showing up the first day of shooting. Like Lost in translation. I remember "extreme ghostbusters" which was hilarious and involved the next generation. (One of them was in a wheel chair) If you want to get the next generation involved like Jason Reitman direct, have McLovin as nerdy fan boy and don't try and replace the original cast. Find a new dimension.

Post #: 25
RE: No Bill Murray For Ghostbusters 3? - 5/8/2012 2:22:57 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: mclane1

you are quite simply mad and strange :)
quote:

ORIGINAL: Cyberleader

That's actually not a bad idea.

< Message edited by MonsterCat -- 5/8/2012 2:27:12 PM >

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

Post #: 26
RE: No Bill Murray For Ghostbusters 3? - 5/8/2012 7:30:29 PM   
Alex DeLarge

Simple solution. Get Wes Anderson on as director and you've got Murray on board!

In all seriousness though, a GB film without him will serverly lack in what made the originals so special. The others are great too but it's Venkman's razor sharp wit that made the script stand out.

If you're going to introduce a new wave of Ghostbusters then I think they should keep in ming that they don't all have to be kids. This might be a bit of a fan-boy casting but Simon Pegg not only has the comic chops but the I think he'd fit in really well with the others. Leave out eejits like Reynolds and Cooper. They don't have the finesse for the tone that should be conveyed. Great REAL comedians, not people that have happened to star in a few comedies.

And if Sandler gets anywhere near this project then there is no hope at all...

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 27
Is it really that big of a deal? - 6/8/2012 8:46:56 AM   
AMart911

Maybe I'm wrong on this, but am I really the only one who doesn't mind. Let's be honest, Murray was hilarious, but he seems more focused now on doing something else. And to be honest, it seems like he's kind of lost love for these type of comedies. Maybe he just doesn't want to do another.

Post #: 28
Let me clarify. - 6/8/2012 8:51:56 AM   
AMart911

Before anyone gets angry. It just seems that Bill is more content to do these arthouse type comedies and just isn't interested rehashing characters he's alread done. They shoud accept his decision and as Akroyd said hand it to a new generation and tell their story.

Post #: 29
- 6/8/2012 10:29:00 AM   
Craigmustdie

In regards to the younger generation I'd like Joel McHale in the snarky Venkman role, Will Ferrell as the Aykroyd type bumbling nice guy, Ben Stiller as the uptight Ramis style science nerd, and then, given that poor old Ernie Hudson was pretty much the token black guy, have Community's Donald Glover as the fourth, maybe make a point of him being the token person of colour in the script.

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> No Bill Murray For Ghostbusters 3? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI