Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Bryan Singer Talks X-Men: First Class 2

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Bryan Singer Talks X-Men: First Class 2 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Bryan Singer Talks X-Men: First Class 2 - 2/8/2012 8:12:53 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Lesser is more. - 2/8/2012 8:12:54 AM   
Fallen Giant

I just want to see more of Michael Fassbender's Magneto and less of those bloody annoying "X-Kids".

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Please no - 2/8/2012 8:21:40 AM   
gibbsy01

Please...Really!! This guy ruined the X-Men franchise... scrap the whole thing and start again.

If they can save the Bat Man, then you know there's hope for the X-Men.

Post #: 3
RE: Lesser is more. - 2/8/2012 11:02:04 AM   
mpe102

I thought McAvoy was also pretty cool in First Class, but agree that the kiddie storyline is tedious.

Post #: 4
NO MORE! - 2/8/2012 11:15:08 AM   
Gingerdc

yes we gonna add new things to the film! Ok 1. Don't you even dare! 2. Stick to the originality of the comics! 3. You killed X-Men! After seeing first class you completly changed the story of what was what! So future generations are gonna believe that what happenend! Thanks a bunch for ruining my childhood by killing The X-Men franchise! Many thanks

Post #: 5
Singer For His Supper - 2/8/2012 11:21:12 AM   
BenTramer

Ooh, I think Bryan Singer has been stung into X-Men action again by the superior X-Men: First Class. That's far better than any X-Men movie he made and one of the best superhero movies of all-time. Singer's Superman wasn't great either, so I'm not too enthused hearing him going back to comic books again. Give us the First Class sequel instead..

Post #: 6
Please yes!! - 2/8/2012 1:28:46 PM   
waltham1979

Am I the only one who loved First Class? I've been reading X-Men since I started watch Euro Trash as a kid to get my Friday night jollies and yes whilst it strayed from the comics some what; I just thought it was fantastic!!

Post #: 7
Yes cant wait - 2/8/2012 2:28:39 PM   
dholleyuk

Also Bryan Singer did not kill X-men he made it main stream, also to thoses saying he is only coming back due to xmen first class. He did PRODUCE it and also was wrote the STORY along wih Sheldon Turner.

So if it was not for him first class would not have turned out as well as it did.

Lets remember people X-Men Last Stand, the film that really sucked!!!

Post #: 8
- 2/8/2012 6:48:24 PM   
Guinevere

Just put Gambit in it please. And not Taylor Kitsch Gambit. Josh Holloway Gambit!

Post #: 9
Says the man that brought us 'Superman Returns!' - 2/8/2012 7:16:47 PM   
GALLYMOO

Singer's changed his tune after abandoning X3 for an overblown turkey of a movie...give CAMERON a shot of X-MEN....Imagine the weaponry and effects...it'll put the others to shame!

Post #: 10
Great news! - 3/8/2012 12:03:48 PM   
ronniem

To the idiots saying Singer should stay away from this...You do know he's the one who brought the XMen to the big screen and showed everyone that superhero films can also have substance. The only one he wasn't involved with was 'The Last Stand'. And we all know how THAT turned out. Get your facts straight before blindly ranting like imbeciles.

Post #: 11
RE:Says the man that brought us 'Superman Returns! - 3/8/2012 12:11:13 PM   
ronniem

You conveniently ignore the fact that he's ALSO the man who brought us 'XMen', 'X2' and 'First Class'. The only reason why 'Wolverine' and 'The Last Stand' were no good was because Bryan Singer WAS NOT involved with them. As long as he's involved you're guaranteed a solid XMen film.

Post #: 12
Read it - 4/8/2012 3:06:37 PM   
danielthompson99

Was confused, as I normally get with possible future storylines. Does this mean we get to see Rachel Summers ? (Alt future child of Jean Grey and Scott Summers.....you can see why I get so confused ?!?!?)
Good that this is a Kitty Pryde story. Ellen Page again please!

Post #: 13
I love first class just not the franchise - 4/8/2012 3:18:49 PM   
DeadCell79

I really liked first class. I felt it was done pretty well infact. But my distain for the franchise as a whole is because I feel they have messed it up to a degree that it boarders on the verge of crimes against humanity in terms of how loose they all are. If they can reboot Spiderman so close to the pervious franchise then they can do the same with X-Men no question about it.

The only hope I see at the moment is if they build ontop of first class eventually moving passed and neglecting the previous X-men movies entirely as if they didn't happen at all.

Or in a ideal world Marvel getting the rights back and starting from Scratch.

As for Singer. You just have to look at X3 to see him coming back on board is a good thing.

< Message edited by dead_cell79 -- 4/8/2012 3:20:43 PM >

Post #: 14
Continuity, Schmontinuity - 7/8/2012 7:22:46 AM   
Ulmaceae

I really hope it's not to hamstrung by trying to link in with the original Singer films. Make a great standalone movie

Post #: 15
Revive the Dark Phoenix Saga! - 9/8/2012 6:24:23 AM   
cruser779

There's nothing I'd like more than to completely erase Ratner's X-Men movie from the pages of history. The Dark Phoenix saga is one of the greatest comic stories ever penned, it deserved better. Remember the movie: Professor X gets offed, Mystique looses her powers, Cyclops hardly gets any screen time and dies off camera, Vinnie Jones as Juggernaut, the whole freakin movie revolves around Wolverine, there's a bunch of mutants around Magneto that nobody cares about, and was the Angel character really necessary? Maybe it can be rebooted in a couple years, we can only hope.

I believe Singer can make great X-Men movies, lets just hope he doesn't make another great one like X2, and completely jump ship to make a terrible movie like Superman Returns. Oh, and one more thing, let's not include Hugh Jackmans Wolverine in anymore X-Men movies, it's getting annoying. There are other interesting X-Men out there with backstories to tell.

Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Bryan Singer Talks X-Men: First Class 2 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI