Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Paradise: Sequel to Prometheus

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Paradise: Sequel to Prometheus Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Paradise: Sequel to Prometheus - 24/7/2013 10:49:43 AM   
Ghidorah

quote:

ORIGINAL: pete_traynor

So is there going to be a 2nd film, or just a comic version ? Thought they would have announced their intentions for a cinematic sequel at Comic Con.

http://www.prometheus2-movie.com/news/1000

With a reported production budge of $130M and a total gross of $403M, Id have thought theyd have gone for a green light on a second. Even with marketing costs, they probably still made $200M+ on Prometheus. But not sure what the bean counters regard as an actual success these days.

Remember Paradise is still in pre production stage. The script isn't final but Scott has already casted one additional actor. Once his current film has finished post production then I'm sure we will hear more.

(in reply to pete_traynor)
Post #: 61
RE: Paradise: Sequel to Prometheus - 24/7/2013 11:56:44 AM   
pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ghidorah

quote:

ORIGINAL: pete_traynor

So is there going to be a 2nd film, or just a comic version ? Thought they would have announced their intentions for a cinematic sequel at Comic Con.

http://www.prometheus2-movie.com/news/1000

With a reported production budge of $130M and a total gross of $403M, Id have thought theyd have gone for a green light on a second. Even with marketing costs, they probably still made $200M+ on Prometheus. But not sure what the bean counters regard as an actual success these days.

Remember Paradise is still in pre production stage. The script isn't final but Scott has already casted one additional actor. Once his current film has finished post production then I'm sure we will hear more.

I hope so.

While (for me personally) Prometheus was ultimately a failure, it was at least a grand failure. It had big themes on its mind and stupendous production values. Id rather sit through something like that again than most of whats doing the rounds these days.

If they manage to nail the script to go with the design this time bonus! But Im up for a sequel for sure!

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 62
RE: Paradise: Sequel to Prometheus - 24/7/2013 1:31:38 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Whilst I'm not a fan of comic books in general, a comic book sequel almost makes more sense story wise than a movie. For a start it means they could take more risks. I think one of the biggest drawbacks of Prometheus was that it didn't take enough risks.

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to pete_traynor)
Post #: 63
RE: Paradise: Sequel to Prometheus - 29/7/2013 4:55:52 PM   
Private Hudson

Ok so Prometheus wasn't anywhere near as good as Aliens or Alien but I actually did enjoy it and as Pete says it did go for something a bit bigger and wider in terms of scale than most movies and the look of it was just fantastic.

I am quite interested to see what happens in the next film and find out more about The Engineers and the whole backstory.

Watch my spoof movie of FULL METAL JACKET here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCGRWVvM-Zo&feature=plcp&context=C31ca298UDOEgsToPDskJ4_UorjolrWTaxEGMj5GO0

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 64
RE: Paradise: Sequel to Prometheus - 28/8/2013 3:17:59 PM   
Hadleys_Hope

It's hard to know if this will ever get off the ground. With Prometheus just doing ok at the box office but not pulling in the massive figures expected by todays standards, it wouldn't surprise me if this is a non runner.

The film itself was so incredibly hyped up that it was inevitable that it would disappoint. Poor writing on Lindellofs part didn't help and the whole is it a prequel isn't it? Very confusing.

Hope they do bring it out of the ashes but it's going to be difficult to generate as much interest this time around and that could be damaging!

(in reply to Private Hudson)
Post #: 65
RE: Paradise: Sequel to Prometheus - 25/6/2014 8:21:22 AM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Frustrating!

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/ridley-scotts-next-will-be-the-martian-and-where-that-leaves-prometheus-2-206

Although I've heard The Martian is a good book and i'm sure we'll get a good sci fi movie out of it, time is running out for Prometheus 2. At least with Scott at the helm, guy has so many projects lined up and only so much time.

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to Hadleys_Hope)
Post #: 66
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Paradise: Sequel to Prometheus Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI