Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Paradise: Sequel to Prometheus

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> Paradise: Sequel to Prometheus Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Paradise: Sequel to Prometheus - 1/8/2012 8:58:42 PM   
Rgirvan44

http://collider.com/prometheus-2-sequel-2014/185603/

So have at it people. What would you want to see, and what would you rather forget? Should Scott return? Who do you want to write it?

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

Post #: 1
RE: Paradise: Sequel to Prometheus - 1/8/2012 9:25:30 PM   
homersimpson_esq

Somebody wants a mammoth thread...

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 2
RE: Paradise: Sequel to Prometheus - 1/8/2012 9:26:25 PM   
Rgirvan44

Wait till you see the actual review once I finish it off....

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 3
RE: Paradise: Sequel to Prometheus - 1/8/2012 9:29:51 PM   
Deviation

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

Wait till you see the actual review once I finish it off....

If...you finish it off.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 4
RE: Paradise: Sequel to Prometheus - 1/8/2012 9:55:38 PM   
Cool Breeze

They have to ditch Damon Lindelof for a start and get someone who can write a decent script.

Ridley should return because for all the films faults,it was still a visually stunning experience.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 5
RE: Paradise: Sequel to Prometheus - 1/8/2012 10:02:52 PM   
Gazz

As I said over on BadassDigest it's good news to me. Prometheus was a bit of a mess, but an admirable one that attempted to do things that few summer blockbusters do, challenge its audience and engage them. Unfortunately a lot of it's questions were wrapped around some poor writing and downright suicidal editing choices (the entire 3rd act is a jumble of scenes bumping into each other). But I thought the final note was brave and promised to take the audience to places where the Alien series has never been before. And I'm down for that ride.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 6
RE: Paradise: Sequel to Prometheus - 2/8/2012 1:03:08 AM   
KnightofZyryab

As much as I thought Prometheus was a confused and ultimately disappointing film, I would still be interested to see a sequel. If anything it would benefit from the absence of Lindelof and new writers with the ability not to write gaping plot holes into a script.

Imminent viewings : The Place Beyond the Pines

Read my blog at: http://alcentrodelaberinto.blogspot.com/

(in reply to Gazz)
Post #: 7
RE: Paradise: Sequel to Prometheus - 2/8/2012 2:17:28 AM   
vad3r

Just make Alien 5.

Single Virgin Mod Candidate 2013

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives
To paraphrase the great man himself:

Vad3r won't go anywhere near this.

(in reply to KnightofZyryab)
Post #: 8
RE: Paradise: Sequel to Prometheus - 2/8/2012 9:17:16 AM   
pete_traynor

So it begins... again! Should be fun this thread.

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 9
RE: Paradise: Sequel to Prometheus - 6/8/2012 2:11:24 PM   
Beno

We must remember here that Prometheus is a whole brand new franchise that has spun off from Alien and its beginings. The story that will follow Rapace and Fassbender can be truly great if done right what with all the unanswered questions and mysteries surrounding the Engineers.

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

(in reply to pete_traynor)
Post #: 10
RE: Paradise: Sequel to Prometheus - 6/8/2012 4:39:19 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: Beno

We must remember here that Prometheus is a whole brand new franchise that has spun off from Alien and its beginings. The story that will follow Rapace and Fassbender can be truly great if done right what with all the unanswered questions and mysteries surrounding the Engineers.

Its not a brand new franchise.Its a prequel to Alien.And the plot was pretty much a retread of AVP ( Minus Predators obviously ).

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 11
RE: Paradise: Sequel to Prometheus - 6/8/2012 8:46:05 PM   
Ghidorah

I remember years ago Ridley Scott wanted to direct an Alien Expanded Universe film. The idea was to follow the Ripley Clone and explore this futuristic universe we haven't seen before. I never liked the idea but that because I hated Alien Resurrection in the first place. Ripley clone isn't interesting and we could of had a Super human Alice from the Resident Evil films in a futuristic setting. Sorry but what made the first film worked is the way the films tries to ground itself in reality. Doing a sequel to a silly film many us want to ignore is insane. The idea could of been acomplish in the same universe, not in Ressurection timeline and with a brand new character.

Before i saw Prometheus i did a mistake of doing Alien/Aliens/Alien 3 marathon. I was under the impression Prometheus was going to be Alien Expanded Universe. While Prometheus is EU but it didn't have the horror elements or the down to Earth characters. There was unlikely to be combination of terror from Weyland Corp + Giga Alien AGAIN but Prometheus felt like an ADVENTURE SCi FI. There was too many short cuts like undiscovered relics on an unexplored planet can easily be found or no one is upset half the crew got the shit kicked out of them in the hanger.
Prometheus never really explored threats either. The black goo monsters had little screen time and makes the black goo pointless as a sub plot, The Space Jockies on that planet were killed by three Xenomrphs and not the black goo mutations. The surviving Space Jockey had little screentime to be a major threat and that leave David being the film main villain.

The script for Prometheus in thoery should already been written. The Alien Prequel was originally two parters and you could tell what some of the changes were to make it less Alien prequel. The only thing remained the were three dead Space Jockies with chest bursters wounds in the pilot room. Will this concept will be explored or treated as an easter egg remains to be seen.

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 12
RE: Paradise: Sequel to Prometheus - 7/8/2012 3:06:59 PM   
Wild about Wilder

When Scott was on Kermode & Mayo he said he saw it as taking 3 movies before it got to Alien so it means this would have to be a Trilogy, I didn't think it was that bad especially from a visual point of view just needs some new writers.

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 13
RE: Paradise: Sequel to Prometheus - 8/8/2012 12:07:32 PM   
st3veebee

As this is a positive post it will be ignored: I really like the sound of a sequel. RIdley needs to direct so we are least guaranteed a beautiful film and a new scriptwriter could mean a great film.

Bring it on.

Latest Films:

Two days in New York: 4/5

Prometheus: 3.5/5

Abe Lincoln: VH 3/5

Twin Peaks: FWWM 3.5/5

(in reply to Wild about Wilder)
Post #: 14
RE: Paradise: Sequel to Prometheus - 12/8/2012 9:27:37 PM   
Ghidorah

I'd came across a video clip of Prometheus containing important plot details. Far as I'm aware this haven't been explored very well in film but some here must be already aware of. It's also play a big part in Peter weyland story to become immortal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=choUJPjO5_A&feature=fvwp

The video shows behind of scenes stills of the survivinig Engineer and the Engineer at the beginning of the film. I originally thought the surviving Engineer was wearing a spacesuit and is naturally super strong. However viewing the photos I'd noticed the Space suit is the creature skin and means the Engineers not only engineering life but they also engineering themselves. This raised a lot of questions like did they originally engineered themselves to have large muscles and then of couse they removed their sexual organs. Did they engineer themselves to reach imortality?

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 15
RE: Paradise: Sequel to Prometheus - 13/8/2012 1:32:06 PM   
AxlReznor

I'm extremely excited at the prospect of a sequel to Prometheus. It's one of my favourite films of the year, and I can't wait to see more of Noomi Rapace and Michael Fassbender.
I think the thing that made me enjoy it more than most people seem to have is that I didn't actually discuss the film at all before watching it. I read the features in Empire, and I saw the trailers and viral marketing, but other than I kept well away from it. I think this helped me go into the cinema with only the smallest idea of what kind of film I was going to be seeing, and no preconceived notions of what I wanted the film to be. So that's what I'll be doing with Paradise... I'll keep up to date, but I'll try not to let my own ideas get in the way.

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 16
RE: Paradise: Sequel to Prometheus - 13/8/2012 2:13:51 PM   
Rgirvan44

Something is being announced on the 10.11.12

The Blu Ray is released days before this date.

Wonder what it could be? Unlike others, I am not so sure that they will be releasing an extended version of the film outside of the 1st Oct Blu (if there is one at all).

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 17
RE: Paradise: Sequel to Prometheus - 13/8/2012 4:29:45 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

Something is being announced on the 10.11.12

The Blu Ray is released days before this date.

Wonder what it could be? Unlike others, I am not so sure that they will be releasing an extended version of the film outside of the 1st Oct Blu (if there is one at all).

Probably be a Paradise press release or panel on that day. Has Scott actually confirmed he will return to direct yet? If not, that could be the news they chose to drop on that date.

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 18
RE: Paradise: Sequel to Prometheus - 16/11/2012 7:50:19 AM   
Sotto Voce

After just rewatching Prometheus, I really hope the sequel doesn't reveal that the engineers decided to kill us because we're violent and destroying the ecosystem. That would be rubbish.
(Probably what James Cameron would write).

All things digested have a similar hue.

Post #: 19
RE: Paradise: Sequel to Prometheus - 16/11/2012 10:10:23 AM   
pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sotto Voce

After just rewatching Prometheus, I really hope the sequel doesn't reveal that the engineers decided to kill us because we're violent and destroying the ecosystem. That would be rubbish.

It’s pretty much set in stone now for most people I think. They wanted mankind eradicated for killing Jesus, who was an engineer emissary… quite why he wasn’t 9ft tall and grey though is beyond me.

(in reply to Sotto Voce)
Post #: 20
RE: Paradise: Sequel to Prometheus - 19/11/2012 4:44:58 PM   
gazpop

quote:

ORIGINAL: pete_traynor

quote:

It’s pretty much set in stone now for most people I think. They wanted mankind eradicated for killing Jesus, who was an engineer emissary quite why he wasn’t 9ft tall and grey though is beyond me.

You jest sir, you jest! Tell me you're jesting please.....

Yeah, that's real fine expensive gear you brought out here, Mr. Hooper.'Course I don't know what that bastard shark's gonna do with it-might eat it I suppose. Seen one eat a rockin' chair one time. Hey chieffy, next time you just ask me which line to pull

Post #: 21
RE: Paradise: Sequel to Prometheus - 20/11/2012 6:16:21 AM   
Overmind

quote:

ORIGINAL: gazpop

quote:

quote:

It’s pretty much set in stone now for most people I think. They wanted mankind eradicated for killing Jesus, who was an engineer emissary quite why he wasn’t 9ft tall and grey though is beyond me.

You jest sir, you jest! Tell me you're jesting please.....

You guys are scaring me .....

"All suspects are to be considered guilty, period. Or else they wouldn't be suspects would they?" -TROOPS

(in reply to gazpop)
Post #: 22
RE: Paradise: Sequel to Prometheus - 20/11/2012 11:40:59 AM   
pete_traynor

Afraid not Gaz! It would appear that when they state it was 'about 2000 years ago' that they decided to eradicate us, that is what they were getting at. Pretty sure it was eluded to in the mammoth making of on the BD. But it is definitely a theory that many are starting to accept as the probable reasoning for the engineers decision. But like so much in the film, it's hardly set in stone so we can just dismiss it here if we see fit.

In other news… could this sequel act as the link to Bladerunner that I'm suddenly hearing so much about! Like space Jesus… I am not kidding. I only cottoned on to all this yesterday (probably been about for months though!) but some keen eyed consumers spotted this on the UK BD Steelbook of Prometheus. It's written by Weylend about a familiar sounding someone!

http://www.slashfilm.com/is-prometheus-set-in-the-blade-runner-universe/

There was also apparently discussions where Scott was to have the company in Prometheus be Weyland-Tyrell! Think they even went as far as proposing that one of Weylands guards on the Prometheus was none other than Roy Batty. Did see a piece of concept art that had him in Weyland military fatigues yesterday but can't track it down now. Obviously, not THE Batty as the time lines don't mesh. But perhaps a far more advanced Nexus was intended to protect Weylend… didn't do a very good job though if he is in there somewhere

< Message edited by pete_traynor -- 20/11/2012 11:42:48 AM >

(in reply to Overmind)
Post #: 23
RE: Paradise: Sequel to Prometheus - 20/11/2012 4:30:16 PM   
Private Hudson

quote:

ORIGINAL: st3veebee

As this is a positive post it will be ignored: I really like the sound of a sequel. RIdley needs to direct so we are least guaranteed a beautiful film and a new scriptwriter could mean a great film.

Bring it on.

I agree with you. I thought Prometheus was okay. It wasn't the best movie ever but it obviously had a lot to live up to with Alien and Aliens, but I liked the ideas behind it and the look of the movie.

The big thing for me is that I want to know more about The Engineers and indeed Weyland Corp. so it can't have been that bad a movie. Plus in David, we have another brilliant sci-fi robot who must have legs to be in a few more movies.

Unsure of the Shaw character. I would have liked Vickers to have survived, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Watch my spoof movie of FULL METAL JACKET here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCGRWVvM-Zo&feature=plcp&context=C31ca298UDOEgsToPDskJ4_UorjolrWTaxEGMj5GO0

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 24
RE: Paradise: Sequel to Prometheus - 20/11/2012 4:32:27 PM   
Private Hudson

Ooh I don't want an Alien/Prometheus/Blade Runner crossover.

Leave alone!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCGRWVvM-Zo&feature=plcp&context=C31ca298UDOEgsToPDskJ4_UorjolrWTaxEGMj5GO0

Post #: 25
RE: Paradise: Sequel to Prometheus - 21/11/2012 4:48:06 PM   
Sotto Voce

quote:

Afraid not Gaz! It would appear that when they state it was 'about 2000 years ago' that they decided to eradicate us, that is what they were getting at. Pretty sure it was eluded to in the mammoth making of on the BD. But it is definitely a theory that many are starting to accept as the probable reasoning for the engineers decision. But like so much in the film, it's hardly set in stone so we can just dismiss it here if we see fit.

In other news… could this sequel act as the link to Bladerunner that I'm suddenly hearing so much about! Like space Jesus… I am not kidding. I only cottoned on to all this yesterday (probably been about for months though!) but some keen eyed consumers spotted this on the UK BD Steelbook of Prometheus. It's written by Weylend about a familiar sounding someone!

http://www.slashfilm.com/is-prometheus-set-in-the-blade-runner-universe/

There was also apparently discussions where Scott was to have the company in Prometheus be Weyland-Tyrell! Think they even went as far as proposing that one of Weylands guards on the Prometheus was none other than Roy Batty. Did see a piece of concept art that had him in Weyland military fatigues yesterday but can't track it down now. Obviously, not THE Batty as the time lines don't mesh. But perhaps a far more advanced Nexus was intended to protect Weylend… didn't do a very good job though if he is in there somewhere

quote:

That idea doesn't really fill me with entheusiasm. Why would it take them over 2000 years to get around to wiping out the humans?

Post #: 26
RE: Paradise: Sequel to Prometheus - 21/11/2012 7:22:45 PM   
pete_traynor

I presume whatever the outbreak was that was captured on the engineer playback gizmo is what stopped them. When that last surviving engineer is woken he simply picks up where they left off... I think Not sure why they just didn't dispatch another attack ship from their home world though...

(in reply to Sotto Voce)
Post #: 27
RE: Paradise: Sequel to Prometheus - 21/11/2012 7:55:32 PM   
Private Hudson

Yeah you think the first thing he would ask is "How long have I been in that bloody capsule"

Post #: 28
RE: Paradise: Sequel to Prometheus - 22/11/2012 8:12:13 AM   
Sotto Voce

quote:

I presume whatever the outbreak was that was captured on the engineer playback gizmo is what stopped them. When that last surviving engineer is woken he simply picks up where they left off... I think Not sure why they just didn't dispatch another attack ship from their home world though...

Maybe its some breakaway group of engineers that wants to wipe out the humans. Those on the homeworld might not be so hostile.

So Shaw and David head to the homeworld, possibly with some nasty cargo, though you'd think they'd remove any goo ampules from the ship before takeoff. Meanwhile maybe another expedition is sent to investigate what happened to Prometheus and they run into the proto-xenomorph. Maybe David is a plant for one of Weyland's rivals (Yutani?). Writes itself, really.

Post #: 29
RE: Paradise: Sequel to Prometheus - 22/11/2012 10:06:52 AM   
pete_traynor

quote:

quote:

Maybe its some breakaway group of engineers that wants to wipe out the humans. Those on the homeworld might not be so hostile.

So Shaw and David head to the homeworld, possibly with some nasty cargo, though you'd think they'd remove any goo ampules from the ship before takeoff. Meanwhile maybe another expedition is sent to investigate what happened to Prometheus and they run into the proto-xenomorph. Maybe David is a plant for one of Weyland's rivals (Yutani?). Writes itself, really.

Wasn't Shaw a Yutani employee at one point? In the viral film Quiet Eye, her transmission to Weyland comes from the Yutani company. But don't think they'd have her turn out to be a Yutani stooge knowingly. Unless they had implanted data transmitters in her without here knowing… or something like that.

< Message edited by pete_traynor -- 22/11/2012 10:07:27 AM >

(in reply to Sotto Voce)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> Paradise: Sequel to Prometheus Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI