Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Your Sister's Sister

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> Your Sister's Sister Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Your Sister's Sister - 1/8/2012 8:54:17 PM   
ElephantBoy

One of the indie highlights of the year so far.

All three of the leads (Mark Duplass, Emily Blunt and Rosemarie DeWitt) are excellent and have finely weighted and believeable characters.

It is a very funny film, but the humour comes from a natural every day place, it never really feels forced and the way the story plays out is credible and the darker moments are nicely woven in.

It kind of reminds me a bit of Told Solendz at his more brutally honest and akward mixed with Woody Allen's knack of having fregments colide and create something unexpected.

The skill of it overall is that it seems at times to be setting itself up for certain clitches, but because it is so well scripted and performed than even if it does fall into them it still works some how. Great film!
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> Your Sister's Sister Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI