Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Moore > all the rest

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Moore > all the rest Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Moore > all the rest - 1/8/2012 12:05:58 AM   
BatSpider

Moore: style, essential Britishness, humour, and his lack of brawn meant a credible vunerability in fight scenes therefore greater reliance on ruthlessness. Also had an under-rated serious side, brought by having the best villains.
Connery: boring as mahogany, wife beater style, actually screamed like a girl in one of the movies (can't remember which one).
George Lazenby: 15 seconds, no impression.
Dalton: two good Bond movies, but was never going to have wider appal.
Brosnan: could have been a decent Bond, but given very little depth, overdid the preening, and the movies were all crap.
Craig: pouts like a bitch sucking on a wasp, and touch is so heavy he couldn't trap a football with a bag of cement. Not given any credible challenges yet.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 31
I've really got high hopes for this now... - 1/8/2012 8:05:48 AM   
partybee

especially after TDKR didn't quite itch the scratch I was hoping it would.

Post #: 32
RE: I've really got high hopes for this now... - 1/8/2012 10:34:09 AM   
elab49

Ah, Batspider. We meet again. You've been reminded of the appropriate tone on this board on more than one occasion. Either chose to observe it, and report improper remarks/attacks made towards you, or start thinking about where you may have to post in future. Someone else trolling/attacking does not give anyone carte blanche to ignore site rules themselves.

Ericpickle/Donnchadh - Eric, people are allowed to be unimpressed with trailers without a silly remark aimed back at them. And Donnchadh - your post was solely made to aim a personal attack at another poster and has been removed. Empire rules for posting can be found in the Empire Online sub-forum and we'd be grateful if you woul take heed of them. Personal attacks are not welcomed on this Board.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to partybee)
Post #: 33
RE: I've really got high hopes for this now... - 1/8/2012 11:53:49 AM   
NCC1701A

can't wait to see this.

Trench: I'll be back.

Church: You've been back enough. I'll be back.

[leaves]

Trench: Yippee-ki-yay.

The Expendables 2 (2012)

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 34
RE: I've really got high hopes for this now... - 1/8/2012 1:54:09 PM   
evilpickle4

2 points. The first - Eric? Try Specsavers. The second - Who gave you Judge duties on the Empire forum? This is all called dialogue. Some is informative. Some is silly. Now that you all know what a Troll is you seem to assume that everything you don't like to read can be classed as Trolling. Last word on the point - grow up.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

Ah, Batspider. We meet again. You've been reminded of the appropriate tone on this board on more than one occasion. Either chose to observe it, and report improper remarks/attacks made towards you, or start thinking about where you may have to post in future. Someone else trolling/attacking does not give anyone carte blanche to ignore site rules themselves.

Ericpickle/Donnchadh - Eric, people are allowed to be unimpressed with trailers without a silly remark aimed back at them. And Donnchadh - your post was solely made to aim a personal attack at another poster and has been removed. Empire rules for posting can be found in the Empire Online sub-forum and we'd be grateful if you woul take heed of them. Personal attacks are not welcomed on this Board.

The Pickle is coming.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 35
RE: I've really got high hopes for this now... - 1/8/2012 2:10:35 PM   
BatSpider

quote:

No worries man, cheers. I just wanna be legit an keeping it real.

"Baby, you make me wish I had THREE hands!"

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 36
RE: I've really got high hopes for this now... - 1/8/2012 2:11:44 PM   
elab49

quote:

Who gave you Judge duties on the Empire forum?

Empire did. I appreciate you may be viewing this through the main page, but if you go to the forum you'll see the ID is in Moderator green. And I obviously apologise for the Freudian slip on the pickles thing.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

(in reply to evilpickle4)
Post #: 37
RE: I've really got high hopes for this now... - 1/8/2012 2:11:57 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: evilpickle4

Who gave you Judge duties on the Empire forum?

Empire?

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to evilpickle4)
Post #: 38
RE: I've really got high hopes for this now... - 1/8/2012 2:15:29 PM   
elab49

I've got the feeling people who post under articles can't see either Mod green or many posts. Which is why they keep repeating themselves and things get lost. Personally I'd lock it there and just have the link in here so people could use the full forum functions for posting. It could only improve things. 

quote:

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 39
RE: I've really got high hopes for this now... - 1/8/2012 2:16:53 PM   
superdan

quote:

I've got the feeling people who post under articles can't see either Mod green or many posts. Which is why they keep repeating themselves and things get lost. Personally I'd lock it there and just have the link in here so people could use the full forum functions for posting. It could only improve things. 

100% agree. I've never understood why there's essentially 2 separate formats for these threads.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 40
RE: I've really got high hopes for this now... - 1/8/2012 2:19:18 PM   
st3veebee

Looks good. Can't wait.

Craig is lookin kinda old in some shots though.. nowhere near Moore in aVtaK of course, and it also makes him look a little more grumpy which is kinda cool I guess. Hope Bardem and Fiennes deliver!

Latest Films:

Two days in New York: 4/5

Prometheus: 3.5/5

Abe Lincoln: VH 3/5

Twin Peaks: FWWM 3.5/5

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 41
FLASHMAN - 1/8/2012 5:17:19 PM   
Frank Comiskey

Bond Is Back! The trailer implication is that we will see a mission in the old style, but they are charting a new course to keep it fresh for the makers & the viewers, so this will not happen, but they seem to have learned from the utter fiasco that was Quantum - half the thrills come from verbal needling between Jimmy & The Baddie and that element looks very special indeed...............the blonde hair might be a clue.............a relative of Max Zorin?...............better still, if the war of attrition is against MI6, then there might be a link to M........................frankly, who cares????????????

Post #: 42
This Isn't The IMAX trailer - 3/8/2012 5:45:25 AM   
KingButtMonkey

This still isn't the IMAX trailer-are you able to get an HD copy of that?

Post #: 43
Looks brilliant. - 3/8/2012 7:21:25 AM   
kelles99

Looks brilliant. Mendes seems to have taken it to a new level. Cant wait for this!!
In terms of sheer emotional heft (I cried at the end more than I ever have), Nolan's nailed it I think DK remains the superior film - a tighter, more accessible film.

This isn't to suggest DKR isn't completely brilliant but it's certainly more of a 'superhero movie' than DK, which was rooted in something more like reality. DKR's tone is far more closely shared with BB, the odyssean travails (God I sound like a twat) and grand scale of action clearly separate from the world we know. I'm too tired to think of a proper conculsion but you know, food for thought...
watch london olympics 2012 live in HD
Hats off, Mr Nolan and particular mention to newcomers Anne Hathaway and Joe GL. The regular ensemble were reliably good, if Oldman's role wasn't as interesting here as it was in DK.
watch london olympics 2012 live in HD
Comparing to Avengers without resorting to film/movie: I think the Avengers is perhaps miraculously *less flawed* than DKR and ends upwatch london olympics 2012 live in HD
being more fun but DKR has far more substantial human drama. I smiled more watching TA but DKR made me cry.

Post #: 44
RE: Looks brilliant. - 3/8/2012 9:54:02 AM   
Wild about Wilder

Gonna try & set myself a challange & try & do a Likely Lads & avoid trailer till movie comes out?
FAT CHANCE if you go to the Cinema as much as I do BUT! I'm gonna give it a go anyway.

(in reply to kelles99)
Post #: 45
Skyfall - 3/8/2012 4:45:18 PM   
nursey1994

Just watched the new trailer......BLOODY HELL I WANT A TICKET NOW!! Sorry. It looks stunning. The blond do on Bardem was a bit of a shock, but good god the film is looking just amazing.....true class. Love the bit when he lands on the blown train (adjusts cuffs....)

Post #: 46
the bulls**t i heard... - 4/8/2012 11:33:19 AM   
dsysa06

Can't believe the tabloids were saying that Mendes commissioned rewrites to write out action in favour of character driven dialogue scenes in a bid for an oscar... Complete horses**t! Can't wait.

Post #: 47
well, that looks rather brilliant doesn't it?! - 5/8/2012 12:55:45 AM   
leroythemasochist

Oh my goodness... there's nothing quite like James Bond looking pretty much on top of his game to get the excitement levels up into the red.
Craig looks awesome, as does the action and the cast is superb.
I cannot wait for this, and in my birthday month too!

Now there was that other chap wasn't there? American, a spy, amnesiac... wasn't he meant to be better than 007? Hmmm, looks like Mr Greengrass and Jason Bourne were misinformed. shame, never mind boys.

Post #: 48
Trailer thought... - 9/8/2012 11:21:44 PM   
Pritesh3k

At 2:09 in this trailer, id anyone else spot that Bond has a patch of blood on his right shoulder, where he was shot by Naomie Harris off the top of a train...connected scene maybe? Just food for thought...

Post #: 49
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Moore > all the rest Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI