Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Would you ever emigrate?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> RE: Would you ever emigrate? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Would you ever emigrate? - 1/8/2012 10:06:35 PM   
Skiba

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry0Bv1HQRD4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Have a good time, all the time.

(in reply to Sumintelligentguy)
Post #: 31
RE: Would you ever emigrate? - 2/8/2012 4:36:25 PM   
bobanders

Absolutely. Grew up in a country other than my own, finally moved back. Such different experiences living in these two countries (Canada/US) that I cant believe to imagine the change from Canada to Europe and Asia.

Think it'd be really interesting to move across the globe, hope to do it someday too. Gotta finish school first though

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 32
RE: Would you ever emigrate? - 2/8/2012 4:40:34 PM   
paul_ie86

I would, yes.

My Group Project's facebook page. Please like

(in reply to bobanders)
Post #: 33
RE: Would you ever emigrate? - 3/8/2012 1:47:40 PM   
great_badir

Hell, I found it difficult moving to a neighbouring county, let alone another country.

No. I like to holiday, but I'm always glad to be back home. As superdan said on page 1, there's a lot wrong with this country, but there's also a lot right with it. For my lifestyle, anyway. I'm much too rooted with family and friends to upheave my life so drastically.

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 34
RE: Would you ever emigrate? - 7/8/2012 1:40:35 AM   
lulu karma

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harley Quinn

I'd love to live in the US Nashville, Savannah, Orlando or Miami but due to the nightmare of getting a visa it's virtually impossible.

Nashville is actually not that great. My betrothed is in Savannah for work right now. Very nice place. Orlando and Miami are beautiful but very touristy.

I would not move somewhere else. I like living in the US. I like to travel, but this is where I want to live. It only took decades to realize that. Americans are my people. Free freak show every day.

I feel like I'm Han Solo, and you're Chewie and she's Ben Kenobi and we're in that fucked-up bar.

This is the captain speaking. It appears we are going down. Now may be the time to reflect upon your life and pray to whatever deity you believe in. We know you have your choice of airlines and apparently you made the wrong one.

The eyes are the nipples of the face.

(in reply to Harley Quinn)
Post #: 35
RE: Would you ever emigrate? - 7/8/2012 8:24:04 AM   
Magenta

We applied to emigrate to Canada I have family there and we have been out there on holiday many times, and my best friend emigrated to British Columbia near the Kamloops ten years ago.
We were turned down and as it happened they calculated our points wrong and we were told we could apply again and it should go through.
By then though I had lost interest and if we did go I'd have to be near Vancouver because boy where my friend lives it's so boring,one small cinema,no theatre,no museums , no significant art galleries, I am outdoorsy but there's only so much walking,camping,cycling one can do I need my arts,entertainment and culture.
We have friends who emigrated to Australia some others to New Zealand and a friend who went to South Africa,they have all come back to England.
I myself lived in South Africa for ten years I loved it but it was never my intention to stay.
My phylosophy is... it's never about where you are it's about who your with..
Oh and also the Australians and the Canadians don't share our sense of Humour either!

ďIf you die first, I am definitely going to eat you, but the question is, if I die, what are you going to do? Bon appťtit... Eat or die. "

(in reply to lulu karma)
Post #: 36
RE: Would you ever emigrate? - 7/8/2012 12:27:52 PM   
superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: lulu karma

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harley Quinn

I'd love to live in the US Nashville, Savannah, Orlando or Miami but due to the nightmare of getting a visa it's virtually impossible.

Nashville is actually not that great. My betrothed is in Savannah for work right now. Very nice place. Orlando and Miami are beautiful but very touristy.

I would not move somewhere else. I like living in the US. I like to travel, but this is where I want to live. It only took decades to realize that. Americans are my people. Free freak show every day.

If I was going to move to the US it would either have to be one of the more relaxed Southern states like NC (as I like the accent), or Seattle as the weather would make me feel at home

(in reply to lulu karma)
Post #: 37
RE: Would you ever emigrate? - 8/8/2012 3:08:22 AM   
ilovebeerme

It works well for some folks and not so well for others. Personally, itís the best decision Iíve ever made. Some people miss family and friends too much, but Iíve not found that aspect too hard. I do miss them but I have Skype and you make new friends. The old ones arenít going to disappear and itís amazing how many folk donít mind the thought of a few weeks free accommodation in Sydney. I do miss a cold Christmas. Christmas here is great fun but itíll never be quite the same. No big deal and certainly not a reason not to give it a shot.

From a career and financial point of view, Australia has provided me with opportunities that the UK never would have. I guess that is partly due to the GFC not really impacting Australia and partly due to the industry Iím in (engineering). Either way Iím ten years ahead of where Iíd be if Iíd stayed in Edinburgh. If anybody was in a career rut in the UK then Iíd recommend Australia to them in a heartbeat. There are loads of jobs and they pay extremely well.

From a day to day point of view Iím happier and healthier than Iíve ever been. I love the sunshine and the outdoors. Iím not into beaches particularly but I do love swimming in the sea. I love the fact that when we plan to go walking or rock climbing we actually manage to do it 95% of the time and donít have to cancel due to bad weather. I love eating breakfast outside in the middle of winter and I love eating outside pretty much all the time from September to May. Some of that is cause I moved and some of it is the change in attitude I had when I moved. Either way it all started by buying a plane ticket.

Living in a different place isnít a solution for anything. You are still you and you still get up to go to work and have to cook dinner and do the washing. Itís not a problem solver but it can provide huge opportunity and help to lift you out of a rut. Itís a breath of fresh air. Shakabuku.

I may not stay here but I doubt Iíll ever live in the UK again. Been looking at work opportunities in Brazil and Vietnam. So maybe there for a couple of years. I loved Vancouver when I was there last year. Singapore is amazing and worth moving to for the mud crab alone. Big world out there.

My advice to anybody thinking about it is to go for it. If you donít like it you can always go back.

Like food and wine? Come join the conversation at http://kitchendecanted.com/

Latest post - Chicken with Thai basil and chili

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 38
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> RE: Would you ever emigrate? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI