Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Warner Bros Predict A Shining Prequel

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Warner Bros Predict A Shining Prequel Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Warner Bros Predict A Shining Prequel - 30/7/2012 8:55:27 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 30/7/2012 8:55:27 AM   
Whistler

I hate this current trend of trying to answer every question from every movie ever made.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
bad idea - 30/7/2012 9:22:56 AM   
waggle

The story should be left alone.I enjoyed the book,film wasn't too shabby thanks to Jack Nicholson's performance.As for a prequel no somethings should ne left for your imagination.Not sure about King's sequel although I haven't read anything of his in years.

Post #: 3
Leave it the f*ck alone! - 30/7/2012 9:24:11 AM   
Nicky C

Hollywood needs to stop sh*tting on the family silver.

Post #: 4
Don't make this - 30/7/2012 10:54:19 AM   
jamiemulls

As someone else has said, the beauty of the original is that they leave it for you to ponder on the history of the hotel. The power of the imagination is infinitely more terrifying than any half-baked prequel will ever be and all it will do is sully the film/book's legacy.

Post #: 5
Exactly! - 30/7/2012 11:12:53 AM   
Nicky C

There's nothing scarey about an answered question. The unknown is what MAKES the whole damn picture!

Post #: 6
Leave it alone - 30/7/2012 11:35:13 AM   
ronniem

"Writer/producer Laeta Kalogridis (Shutter Island) and her partners Bradley Fischer (Black Swan) and James Vanderbilt (Zodiac) have been tasked with hammering out a potential direction for the film to take." ...why don't they get together and get busy "hammering out" an original idea...

Post #: 7
RE: Warner Bros Predict A Shining Prequel - 30/7/2012 12:38:17 PM   
MonsterCat

Get Peter Hyams to do it and should be a workman like film that's perfectly decent but ultimately a bit pointless.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

Post #: 8
- 30/7/2012 1:33:04 PM   
BenTramer

You could do a Godfather Part II structure where you start out with Stephen King's Dr Sleep story with Danny Torrance in the present and then cut back to the past with The Grady's or The Donner Party or a Native American curse on the land. You could also fill in what the Torrances lives were like before they got to the hotel and fill in the blanks there. Some prequels are good. It would all depend on the quality of the script, if they can't get it right, they should leave it alone. Let's see what they come up with.

Post #: 9
RE: - 30/7/2012 1:39:04 PM   
sowasred2012

quote:

ORIGINAL: Whistler

I hate this current trend of trying to answer every question from every movie ever made.

Yes! This! Hollywood is wringing every last dollar out of answering questions nobody was either asking or bothered about. It's like Hollywood is now Lost, and now we're getting a ton of 'How did Jack get his tattoos?' and 'Where did the Dharma bus come from?' episodes.

Nobody cares!

Poor people are crazy, Jack. I'm eccentric.

http://www.srmason.co.uk/blog/
http://www.twitter.com/sowasred2012

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 10
RE: RE: - 30/7/2012 2:00:18 PM   
Angelus

No thanks.

"Your toast has been burnt, and no amount of scraping will remove the black parts!"

(in reply to sowasred2012)
Post #: 11
Is King checking in? - 30/7/2012 7:14:34 PM   
MaxRenn

Is King going to be involved? If I recall, he originally wasn't that happy with Kubrick's movie.

Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Warner Bros Predict A Shining Prequel Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI