Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Animation Poll

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Lists and Top 10s >> RE: Animation Poll Page: <<   < prev  13 14 15 [16] 17   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Animation Poll - 27/2/2013 11:53:05 PM   
elab49

At least Triplets doesn't have a selfish demanding cow that only thinks of herself holing the film below the waterline 

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 451
RE: Animation Poll - 28/2/2013 12:02:20 AM   
elab49

I seem to be living in a state of perpetual confusion. I thought the Hunting Trilogy had to be split - really pleased to see it as a single entry 

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 452
RE: Animation Poll - 28/2/2013 12:16:11 AM   
elab49

If Toy Story 3 is the highest Toy Story I'm going to accidentally delete that thread. 

quote:

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 453
RE: Animation Poll - 28/2/2013 12:17:42 AM   
elab49

I am genuinely offended that film is sitting one place above When the Wind Blows. I want names!

quote:

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 454
RE: Animation Poll - 28/2/2013 12:50:41 AM   
rawlinson

And we're done. Thanks everyone who took part.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

If Toy Story 3 is the highest Toy Story I'm going to accidentally delete that thread. 

lol. You will be pleased.

quote:

I seem to be living in a state of perpetual confusion. I thought the Hunting Trilogy had to be split - really pleased to see it as a single entry

People voted for it as both, so instead of holding things up by trying to figure out replacements, anyone who voted for them as individual entries had them combined and I used the highest placed entry as their position for the trilogy, then just bumped up everything that was beneath it.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 455
RE: Animation Poll - 28/2/2013 12:53:35 AM   
elab49

Brilliant stuff, thank you 

Now, since I'm the only one around I'm just going to temp ban you and swap 1 and 2 round before anyone knows any different. That should work better

quote:

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 456
RE: Animation Poll - 28/2/2013 12:57:08 AM   
rawlinson

Gimli's going to be thrilled with this list.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 457
RE: Animation Poll - 28/2/2013 1:07:26 AM   
scarface666brooksy!!

WALL-E Up! Totoro Toy Story

I'll do a full run-down of the list sooner or later when I can be bothered but overall quite a good list Thanks for all the hard work Rawls!

My Aussie Film Thread - Film #7 - Patrick (1978)

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 458
RE: Animation Poll - 28/2/2013 1:09:26 AM   
rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: scarface666brooksy!!

WALL-E up Totoro

A cult film in the making.

Welcome. It was a fun list, just a shame it closed before everyone had chance to see Wreck-It Ralph.

(in reply to scarface666brooksy!!)
Post #: 459
RE: Animation Poll - 28/2/2013 1:11:43 AM   
rawlinson

One more thing, I'm going to push the deadlines back for the other ongoing polls. I've finished up this and the animation poll within the last 24 hours and I just need a little break from it. I'm still doing the Oscar stuff to the deadline, just not the more intense listings for a little bit.

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 460
RE: Animation Poll - 28/2/2013 1:13:01 AM   
scarface666brooksy!!

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

quote:

WALL-E up Totoro

Welcome. It was a fun list, just a shame it closed before everyone had chance to see Wreck-It Ralph.

You sick bastard

I just wish I'd made my list bigger. I was going to vote for heaps of Simpsons eps but I find it hard to rank films alongside TV shows or songs so I didn't do it. Wreck-It Ralph might have made my Top 50 if I'd gone that far, lovely film

Just realised I could have voted for the Christmas Community episode

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 461
RE: Animation Poll - 28/2/2013 1:13:50 AM   
Harry Tuttle

Nice work rawls .

A fairly predictable top 10 (for this forum), there's probably only Duck Amuck that I wouldn't have predicted being there. There's a few films I want to check out now though and a number of films/shorts I'm absolutely kicking myself for not including.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 462
RE: Animation Poll - 28/2/2013 1:14:16 AM   
scarface666brooksy!!

quote:

One more thing, I'm going to push the deadlines back for the other ongoing polls. I've finished up this and the animation poll within the last 24 hours and I just need a little break from it. I'm still doing the Oscar stuff to the deadline, just not the more intense listings for a little bit.

Perfectly fine, you deserve a break Plus it gives me time to watch more films for all the polls (I'm still trying to find time to watch Dr. Caligari and films for my Aussie thread!)

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 463
RE: Animation Poll - 28/2/2013 1:15:09 AM   
rawlinson

quote:

quote:

quote:

WALL-E up Totoro

You just made my "list" bigger.

quote:

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN How the hell did I forget that?

Post #: 464
RE: Animation Poll - 28/2/2013 1:17:01 AM   
rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

Nice work rawls .

A fairly predictable top 10 (for this forum), there's probably only Duck Amuck that I wouldn't have predicted being there. There's a few films I want to check out now though and a number of films/shorts I'm absolutely kicking myself for not including.

Cheers.

Duck Amuck was the number one when we did the shorts poll way back when, so I was more surprised that it wasn't higher.

quote:

Perfectly fine, you deserve a break Plus it gives me time to watch more films for all the polls (I'm still trying to find time to watch Dr. Caligari and films for my Aussie thread!)

Yeah, I was thinking that in the time leading up to the new deadline we could all maybe pimp a few films we want others to check out.

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 465
RE: Animation Poll - 28/2/2013 1:20:39 AM   
scarface666brooksy!!

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

WALL-E up Totoro

You just made my "list" bigger.

< Message edited by scarface666brooksy!! -- 28/2/2013 1:21:16 AM >

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 466
RE: Animation Poll - 28/2/2013 1:21:31 AM   
scarface666brooksy!!

quote:

quote:

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN How the hell did I forget that?

I feel your pain And technically we could have voted for the 8-bit ep as well!

quote:

quote:

Yeah, I was thinking that in the time leading up to the new deadline we could all maybe pimp a few films we want others to check out.

True true. I have about eighty films on my watch later list on Youtube for the weird poll so at least I can make a dent now on watching them

< Message edited by scarface666brooksy!! -- 28/2/2013 1:23:04 AM >

Post #: 467
RE: Animation Poll - 28/2/2013 1:21:41 AM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

quote:

Nice work rawls .

Cheers.

Duck Amuck was the number one when we did the shorts poll way back when, so I was more surprised that it wasn't higher.

I didn't see that so wasn't aware it was so highly regarded (it is fantastic though). That being in the top 10 and Totoro being outside it was probably the only surprise for me. Not that it's a bad thing of course, it's just I've been around long enough to get an idea of what the posters round here rate (apart from Duck Amuck).

Still can't get over The Simpsons Movie's placing though. There's a genuine chance I won't be able to sleep tonight

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 468
RE: Animation Poll - 28/2/2013 1:32:31 AM   
scarface666brooksy!!

quote:

Totoro being outside it was probably the only surprise for me.

This. Happy with the Top 10 otherwise though

quote:

Still can't get over The Simpsons Movie's placing though. There's a genuine chance I won't be able to sleep tonight .

And this again. I'm just going to ignore the fact it made the list (btw just saw your Gone Baby Gone review. glad to see you liked it)

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 469
RE: Animation Poll - 28/2/2013 1:36:24 AM   
rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL:

If all this list has achieved is putting the imagery of Wall-E buttfucking Totoro into your mind then it's been a roaring success.

quote:

True true. I have about eighty films on my watch later list on Youtube for the weird poll so at least I can make a dent now on watching them

If you can find Devil's Story, then give it a try. Opening scene has a deformed man in a Nazi outfit bursting out of a tent, getting the tent rope caught around his foot and dragging it a few feet before he realises.

quote:

I didn't see that so wasn't aware it was so highly regarded (it is fantastic though). That being in the top 10 and Totoro being outside it was probably the only surprise for me. Not that it's a bad thing of course, it's just I've been around long enough to get an idea of what the posters round here rate (apart from Duck Amuck).

Yeah, that's actually one of the reasons why I like bigger lists, it allows the oddities to creep in lower down.

quote:

Still can't get over The Simpsons Movie's placing though. There's a genuine chance I won't be able to sleep tonight .

< Message edited by rawlinson -- 28/2/2013 1:37:03 AM >

Post #: 470
RE: Animation Poll - 28/2/2013 1:42:58 AM   
scarface666brooksy!!

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL:

If all this list has achieved is putting the imagery of Wall-E buttfucking Totoro into your mind then it's been a roaring success.

I think we may have differing definitions of "roaring success"

quote:

If you can find Devil's Story, then give it a try. Opening scene has a deformed man in a Nazi outfit bursting out of a tent, getting the tent rope caught around his foot and dragging it a few feet before he realises.

That sounds amazing I shall try find it. If you can get a hold of a film called Wedding Trough/Vase De Noces give it a shot. It's actually banned here in Australia because it has a scene where a guy has sex with a pig. How the film manages to be one of the most tedious and boring films of all time escapes me

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 471
RE: Animation Poll - 28/2/2013 6:14:59 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

Way too many to comment on but a few thoughts

Quiet Please is T&J finest, really hoped it'd make the top 20.
Too much Ghibli
I hate, hate, hate The Snowman
Tex Avery is always good
The Pirates!, A Town Called Panic, W&G, Man Who Planted Trees, Belleville, Pixar, Beauty and the Beast, Roger Rabbit, When The Wind Blows, all the Disney =

For a second I thought Spirited Away was going to be number one. I would have cried.

Top notch stuff, Rawls.

< Message edited by Gimli The Dwarf -- 28/2/2013 6:18:05 AM >

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

Post #: 472
RE: Animation Poll - 28/2/2013 1:26:59 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

I think we may have differing definitions of "roaring success"

If nightmare fuel is gained, or one of the professionally offended people who make up so much of the internet takes pretend offence to draw attention to themselves, then it's a roaring success. And I think at least the first succeeded.

quote:

Too much Ghibli
I hate, hate, hate The Snowman

I think pretty much every Ghibli feature made the list. Shows how awesome they are. And if you hate The Snowman then you hate greatness. That simple, G'.

Post #: 473
RE: Animation Poll - 3/3/2013 10:36:00 AM   
MovieAddict247

Aw, man - I missed all of this.

I'd have liked Monsters Inc in the top ten, and I wouldn't have guessed Wall-E for number one.

And A Town Called Panic and You Only Move Once (my favourite episode of The Simpsons) should have been way higher....

Thanks for doing this Rawls.

VOTE NOW for your favourite vocalist - Empire's Favourite Voices

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 474
RE: Animation Poll - 3/3/2013 5:04:04 PM   
rawlinson

No probs.

I had a feeling the top three would be what they are, I just couldn't predict the order. The big surprise for me was TS3 topping Toy Story.

(in reply to MovieAddict247)
Post #: 475
RE: Animation Poll - 4/3/2013 12:34:57 PM   
AxlReznor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gimli The Dwarf
Too much Ghibli

There is no such thing.

I'm surprised at the contempt for some of the Disney films showed by someone who came up with the idea of an animation poll, though. I mean, really... how could one not adore their 90's second renaissance after the dark dark years of the 70's and 80's?

I think the strangest thing about this list is how few of the damn things on the countdown there were that I'd actually heard of.

And I'll continue to say that Innocence is a better movie than the original Ghost In The Shell to my grave.

(in reply to Gimli The Dwarf)
Post #: 476
RE: Animation Poll - 4/3/2013 12:57:43 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: AxlReznor

I'm surprised at the contempt for some of the Disney films showed by someone who came up with the idea of an animation poll, though. I mean, really... how could one not adore their 90's second renaissance after the dark dark years of the 70's and 80's?

But by that standard you could just randomly pick any artist from any artform and say how can anyone not adore their work. There's no such thing as objective quality when it comes to art (Except for people like Drooch) and loving animation doesn't demand that you have to love the work of the most popular animation studio. In most cases I greatly prefer their films from the 70s and 80s - Aristocats, Robin Hood, The Black Cauldron, Great Mouse Detective especially, to anything they produced in the 90s because the work of that decade feels pretty but hollow.

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 477
RE: Animation Poll - 4/3/2013 6:16:58 PM   
Rinc

quote:

The big surprise for me was TS3 topping Toy Story.

I'm surprised by that too but when watching them again last year I thought TS3 was better. The animation was far better and it just had an emotional core that the original couldn't match.

I should have voted really!

Really enjoyed reading through this, makes you realise how much great animation there is. You Only Move Once should have been higher too.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 478
RE: Animation Poll - 8/3/2013 12:31:02 AM   
a_ri

Oooooohhh!!! I can't believe I missed this poll! :(
Any way, thank you rawlinson!! Really great job!!! There are many of them that I haven’t watched yet and the list will help me find them easily…

But... no Yamamura in the list? And no “Dream of a ridiculous man”? And “Harpya”, “Tale of tales”, “The cameraman's revenge”, “The hand”, “Dimensions of dialogue”, so low? Why??

Ok, I stop with desperate question marks.
Thanks again!! I’ll stay tuned…

http://filmittome.blogspot.gr/

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 479
RE: Animation Poll - 8/3/2013 10:09:02 AM   
elab49

I had Kafka's Country Doctor on my list, but access is the answer for a lot of these.

But as to why so low? Well - because you didn't put in a list

quote:

(in reply to a_ri)
Post #: 480
Page:   <<   < prev  13 14 15 [16] 17   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Lists and Top 10s >> RE: Animation Poll Page: <<   < prev  13 14 15 [16] 17   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI