Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Disappointing Gigs

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Audiophile >> RE: Disappointing Gigs Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Disappointing Gigs - 23/8/2012 6:42:40 PM   
ChickMagnet

October 2002 At Sheffield Uni (The Octagon) - I'd gone to see JJ72 (who were fucking awesome), and they had a support band on called the Lost apparently (I googled it because they were so bad I tried to block the memory out), main reason I hated it? Lead singer genuinely had a rant about the acoustics in the venue complaining that the crowd couldn't hear their music properly - prompting an audible WHAT. THE. FUCK. shouted by myself, singer stared in my general direction for about 2 minutes, before going back to playing and promptly breaking strings on his guitar, never have I been so happy to see a band go off stage, except until I saw Mogwai at Leeds Academy last year, THAT was a waste of money.

(in reply to great_badir)
Post #: 31
RE: Disappointing Gigs - 23/8/2012 11:05:34 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: ChickMagnet

October 2002 At Sheffield Uni (The Octagon) - I'd gone to see JJ72 (who were fucking awesome), and they had a support band on called the Lost apparently (I googled it because they were so bad I tried to block the memory out), main reason I hated it? Lead singer genuinely had a rant about the acoustics in the venue complaining that the crowd couldn't hear their music properly - prompting an audible WHAT. THE. FUCK. shouted by myself, singer stared in my general direction for about 2 minutes, before going back to playing and promptly breaking strings on his guitar, never have I been so happy to see a band go off stage, except until I saw Mogwai at Leeds Academy last year, THAT was a waste of money.

Oh fuck, what happened there?

I saw them play the Brixton Academy and I had a really good time.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to ChickMagnet)
Post #: 32
RE: Disappointing Gigs - 24/8/2012 12:05:12 PM   
ChickMagnet

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

quote:

Oh fuck, what happened there?

I saw them play the Brixton Academy and I had a really good time.

Nothing specific, they just called it in, so many people ended up walking out as they got bored.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 33
RE: Disappointing Gigs - 24/8/2012 12:19:12 PM   
great_badir

quote:

they just called it in

In many respects, a band going through the motions is quite often worse than a band making mistakes, being under rehearsed or plagued by technical problems. It's like you're paying to watch someone not be bothered.

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to ChickMagnet)
Post #: 34
RE: Disappointing Gigs - 24/8/2012 1:00:39 PM   
horribleives

I've seen Mogwai about ten times and they've never been less than awesome (none more so than their rock-tastic show at Primavera last year). I don't think I could handle a disappointing Mogwai gig.

< Message edited by horribleives -- 24/8/2012 1:01:02 PM >

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to great_badir)
Post #: 35
RE: Disappointing Gigs - 6/9/2012 8:02:33 PM   
BigKovacs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rhubarb

When I saw Bob Dylan in London a couple of years ago, the woman in the row in front bought a book with her!

I saw him play in Camden in about 2007 and he was fucking awful.

Gamertag: Cambo1979.

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 36
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Audiophile >> RE: Disappointing Gigs Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI