Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 16/9/2012 8:46:32 PM   
TheGodfather

Ted
If you`d describe Seth MacFarlane`s feature film debut as a 100 long live-action version of Family Guy, you wouldn`t be too far off.
It has the rude (but fun) and black humour of the brilliant animation tv show and the nods towards popular cultur.
The teddy bear itself is beautifully made and often looks very "real". The interaction between Ted and Mark Wahlberg is very good. That is what the film is about: their chemistry and the jokes that we can put in the category "the ruder the better". And it works, because for the almost the complete (sometimes it hits the brakes a bit) 100 minutes we`ve very very much enjoyed ourselves.
The whole thing isn`t too subtle but the cursing teddybear guaranteed is a fun night out.

7,5/10

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 31
LAUGH??? - 1/10/2012 7:01:38 PM   
ROTGUT

Useless American styled sitcom hi-jinks with added profanity.
Childish fart jokes, sex jokes etc, etc, etc.... yawn........ Why can’t anyone make a half decent knockabout comedy anymore? And I'm not talking about blasted Adam Sadler either!!!! How the hell does he keep getting work??? This deserves a big fat zero but the prompt keeps telling me to stick a rating in....

Post #: 32
Outstanding - 20/10/2012 10:29:48 PM   
soulfood

One of Best Movie of 2012. (Essntial Viewing if you love Comedy )

Post #: 33
Great fun - 10/11/2012 12:33:56 AM   
Coyleone

Really liked it quite a lot. Thought it was a really fun way to pass a couple of hours and I enjoyed it immensely. It's a hell of a lot better than anything Macfarlane has done for tv for ages. Found myself laughing pretty much all the way through. Wahlberg seems to really shine in comedy films, probably because he's having fun and not just phoning it in like he does with most of these crap roles he gets. Found all the Flash Gordon stuff funny and most of the jokes were good. Really surprised me since Macfarlane's recent stuff on tv has been really poor. Not quite as good 21 Jump Street as far as comedy's go for the year, but it's right behind it.

Post #: 34
I feel like I'm taking crazy pills! - 29/11/2012 12:21:02 PM   
guysalisbury

I can't believe how much people have been raving about this film! It just isn't funny! Marky Mark's acting is at an all time low and the Boston accent he attempts is so annoying. The only reason I carried on watching was because of the epic beauty of Miss Kunis. It's not the worst film I've ever seen but it is pretty bad!

Post #: 35
- 4/12/2012 11:41:39 PM   
philshepp

A few good (OK, very good) lines with long stretches of dullness inbetween. How can a film about a talking teddy bear from the creator of Family Guy be so boring? We fast-forwarded the end

Post #: 36
RE: - 7/12/2012 8:48:27 PM   
theoriginalcynic

Watching Ted. I honestly don't get it. With this and the last two seasons of Family Guy Seth MacFarlane has lost it. Painfully unfunny.

(in reply to philshepp)
Post #: 37
RE: Outstanding - 7/12/2012 8:49:11 PM   
theoriginalcynic

quote:

ORIGINAL: soulfood

One of Best Movie of 2012. (Essntial Viewing if you love Comedy )

Said no one ...sane

(in reply to soulfood)
Post #: 38
Teddy Bore - 11/12/2012 2:32:06 AM   
Normal Control

Ok I saw this as an in-flight movie so maybe that's not a good place to judge it, but it still made me want to chuck plane food at fellow passengers. The worst thing was how lame it was. The jokes and one-liners seemed telegraphed, and became totally predictable.

Post #: 39
watchable crap - 17/12/2012 2:56:46 PM   
chris wootton

But 4 star funny? Really really not even close. I think I managed a smile once

Post #: 40
Funny - 25/12/2012 8:24:38 AM   
Magicbigp

If you like family guy then you will find this the years best comedy .
I laughed all the way through.
It is Peter griffin in a teddy bear but who cares , very funny

Post #: 41
If You Can Afford To Sacrifice Humour For Heart, You'll... - 28/3/2013 4:18:49 PM   
blaud

First things first; Ted was not as funny as I hoped or expected. Being a fan of Family Guy, I hoped that MacFarlane would have at a different, more universal type of humour. Whilst it can be said that Ted features a different kind of humour, it's still very much a Family Guy spinoff at heart, being all at once crass, filthy and immature. Despite this, there's a surprising charm to be gleaned from Ted. Setting itself apart from other Apatow-esque frat-pack style comedies, Ted has a very warm story, and the humour coasts by as an added extra. Performances are largely as expected; serviceable and solid. MacFarlane's vocal performance as Ted is endearing and the character himself is a loveable little thing, so kudos to McFarlane for creating a flawed character that is still easy to love. There are a few occasions when narrative suffers for the sake of idiocy, and a few subplots are a little unnecessary (Norah Jones?), but Ted succeeds on its' own terms, being a touching comedy-drama as opposed to an outright comedy. This renders its' target demographic a little uncertain, but Ted is definitely worth watching, and you never know, you might even shed a tear or two.

Post #: 42
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI