Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Jonathan Rhys Meyers Is Dracula

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Jonathan Rhys Meyers Is Dracula Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Jonathan Rhys Meyers Is Dracula - 25/7/2012 10:24:33 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 25/7/2012 10:24:33 AM   
clarkkent

An American show set in England? Ugh, those accents are going to make it unbearable.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Terrible choice - 25/7/2012 11:17:47 AM   
jamiemulls

He was crap in The Tudors and will be crap in this. Totally the wrong choice - this guy is not remotely scary and acts like a dead fish - for God's sake if they're going to do another vampire film please make Anno Dracula by Kim Newman and cast someone decent and genuinely scary as CD.

Post #: 3
Terrible choice - 25/7/2012 11:28:54 AM   
jamiemulls

He was crap in The Tudors and will be crap in this. Totally the wrong choice - this guy is not remotely scary and acts like a dead fish - for God's sake if they're going to do another vampire film please make Anno Dracula by Kim Newman and cast someone decent and genuinely scary as CD.

Post #: 4
- 25/7/2012 7:00:54 PM   
iain81

They always cast someone awful as Dracula. Gary Oldman played him well-ish, but since then he's been played badly by a host of unsuitable actors- Roxburgh, Butler, etc. Now Meyers? No real menace to one of the best villains in our culture. Also, what's with the crap Americanised reimagining? The book has never been out of print and is bloody good; why not just film it?

Post #: 5
While I'm here... - 25/7/2012 7:06:21 PM   
iain81

I'd love to see a movie or TV show that went back to the disgusting aspect of the vampire. They're pretty vile. Too much mesmerism and pouting these days not enough undead smell and fluid swapping. The vampire has become a romantic figure rather than the hideous creature Stoker brought to life. Cronenberg's Dracula anyone?

Post #: 6
Oh Dear. - 25/7/2012 7:49:15 PM   
Cyberleader

As a huge fan of Dracula, all I can do is vomit at this idea. The English accents will be appalling...And (sarcastically...) wow, who'da thunk it, Dracula's going to be american in this...we all know all too well by now that 'american series' means 'sexy american leads' for, Christ almighty, can you imagine if american's were made to 'relate' to folk from other countries???!!! think their brains would explode. Or, rather, I don't because I'm not so small minded and patronising. THAT'S what the studios think. Hope this bombs. Said it.

Post #: 7
Terrible choice - 25/7/2012 10:23:04 PM   
jamiemulls

Post #: 8
BEG to differ - 26/7/2012 4:57:10 AM   
garnetgal

I am thrilled with NBC's choice in casting him, and I am thrilled in general that they are taking a chance on putting Dracula out there. So cool. Why does everyone think Dracula needs to be all gore? Not that I have a problem with scary, but a little romance is not a bad thing. There have been more blood and gore vampire movies out there lately than you can shake a stake at. And PS :NBC is an American network. Get over the accents. Would you expect a Japanese network making a Japanese show to have English accents? Just be glad that ANY network is supporting this genre we know and love. And, PLEASE leave your hateful comments OUT of this regarding Americans. There are ignorant, small minded people everywhere in the world and statements like that are suggestive that you are indeed one of them.
aaaaathankyou...and goodnight.

Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Jonathan Rhys Meyers Is Dracula Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI