Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

The 50 Greatest Sports Movies

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> The 50 Greatest Sports Movies Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The 50 Greatest Sports Movies - 24/7/2012 1:34:11 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
RE: Rocky - third place - 24/7/2012 1:55:18 PM   
Whistler

BASEketball should totally be in here. Okay it's not a real sport, but it is a sport movie. And it's funny as shit Otherwise a pretty damn solid list. (Rocky 2-4 should be included as well, but maybe that's being a bit greedy...)
Post #: 2
RE: What the Hell!? - 25/7/2012 12:42:13 AM   
Evil_Bob

quote:

It's all largely an excuse for Chaplin to show off his legendary slapstick skills and rubbery physical abilities while poking fun at sports clichés and underdog stories, but it's still more entertaining than most of the films it skewers.

How exactly does Chaplin, in 1915, skewer films that are very very far from being made and poking fun at sports clichés that do not yet exist?

How dare you call me inhumane. Right you fucker. I'm going to do the washing up.

Post #: 3
See Also - 15/9/2012 6:42:49 PM   
bnicholson50

Karate Kid, The Waterboy, The foot fist way, Hot rod, Caddy Shack, The mighty ducks, coach carter, blades of glory, mean machine, leatherheads, the ringer, nacho libre, kicking and screaming, baseketball, remember the titans, brians song, don king: only in america, cinderella man, million dollar baby, somebody up there likes me, the boxer, knuckle, bend it like beckham, fever pitch, zidane

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 4
Underdog film - 18/6/2014 6:51:58 PM   
Imperion

Dodgeball certainly remains one of the classic underdog films, not just for its inspirational value, but its usual comedy, too. And perhaps some of the others could make this list too: http://www.ranker.com/list/best-movies-about-underdogs/ranker-film

< Message edited by Imperion -- 18/6/2014 7:10:19 PM >

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> The 50 Greatest Sports Movies Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI