Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Fire walk with me

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> Fire walk with me Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Fire walk with me - 23/7/2012 5:01:02 PM   
Woger

Walking on hot coals in a car park sounds like something Alan partridge would organise.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/jul/21/tony-robbins-coal-walk-burn

Eddie: "Weve been burgaled"
Richie: You may have been, but I have never in my life. As a christian I am so tightly clenched, oh you mean burgaled
- - -
There were originally five horsemen of the apocalypse. Jack Bauer said he would travel by foot
Post #: 1
RE: Fire walk with me - 7/1/2013 6:10:51 AM   
directorscut

GODDAMN MISLEADING TITLE BOLLOX.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to Woger)
Post #: 2
RE: Fire walk with me - 7/1/2013 8:01:52 AM   
jonson

Are people really that stupid? Walking on coals that are 1200 degress Fahrenheit and they don't expect to get burnt.
And seriously, why would you trust Baldrick if he said it was safe?

Edit: I just read it happened in America. I'm not surprised now.

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 3
RE: Fire walk with me - 7/1/2013 8:10:41 AM   
matty_b

I wish I could remember the title of the book, but I did read a scientific explanation as to why you can walk over hot coals if you do it quickly enough. Something to do with the heat transference to the top of the coal being relatively slow, which is why they get used for fires.

Might have been bollocks though.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 4
RE: Fire walk with me - 7/1/2013 10:37:09 AM   
steffols

quote:

"First one person, then a couple minutes later another one, and there was just a line of people walking on that fire. It was just bizarre, man,"

First proper laugh of the week.

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,
So walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 5
RE: Fire walk with me - 7/1/2013 3:16:11 PM   
Woger

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

I wish I could remember the title of the book, but I did read a scientific explanation as to why you can walk over hot coals if you do it quickly enough. Something to do with the heat transference to the top of the coal being relatively slow, which is why they get used for fires.

Michael Aspel used to present a paranormal themed show back in the day, walking on coals was one thing they covered. Thee was someone doing it live and Aspel started talking to a skeptic and he siad he could do it no problem and then went and one it. From what I remember it has something to do with the ash on the coals that delays heat transfer for a while and the skin on peoples feet is thick enough to also delay heat transfer for a little bit. The two of these combined allow people to be able to run quickly, not saunter along as if your window shopping in Amsterdam.

Richie: You may have been, but I have never in my life. As a christian I am so tightly clenched, oh you mean burgaled
- - -
There were originally five horsemen of the apocalypse. Jack Bauer said he would travel by foot

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 6
RE: Fire walk with me - 7/1/2013 6:26:38 PM   
Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: Woger

quote:

Michael Aspel used to present a paranormal themed show back in the day, walking on coals was one thing they covered. Thee was someone doing it live and Aspel started talking to a skeptic and he siad he could do it no problem and then went and one it. From what I remember it has something to do with the ash on the coals that delays heat transfer for a while and the skin on peoples feet is thick enough to also delay heat transfer for a little bit. The two of these combined allow people to be able to run quickly, not saunter along as if your window shopping in Amsterdam.

Are you talking about Strange But True? Because that show was the shit. That and 999 with Michael BBC Buerk. Fuck the CITV nostalgia weekend, I demand a weekend of tv showing these on loop.

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to Woger)
Post #: 7
RE: Fire walk with me - 7/1/2013 6:36:56 PM   
sanchia

They are no Peter Duncan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtQRiLDy03I

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 8
RE: Fire walk with me - 7/1/2013 8:37:33 PM   
Mister Coe

... elbat elbacimfoF a si sisT...

Say what now?

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 9
RE: Fire walk with me - 8/1/2013 11:27:55 AM   
Chief

I'd like to try it but I'd be a bit afraid of tripping up and face planting.

(in reply to Woger)
Post #: 10
RE: Fire walk with me - 8/1/2013 2:04:03 PM   
Woger

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sway

quote:

quote:

Are you talking about Strange But True? Because that show was the shit. That and 999 with Michael BBC Buerk. Fuck the CITV nostalgia weekend, I demand a weekend of tv showing these on loop.

That's the one, think it might have just had one series.

- - -

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 11
RE: Fire walk with me - 8/1/2013 6:53:37 PM   
Sway

quote:

That's the one, think it might have just had one series.

One?! It had four of the bad boys!

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to Woger)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> Fire walk with me Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI