Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

The Dark Knight Rises OST

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Special Forums] >> Soundtrack Reviews >> The Dark Knight Rises OST Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Dark Knight Rises OST - 23/7/2012 12:50:33 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 23/7/2012 12:50:33 PM   
sleepwalker

Great soundtrack, this trilogy has managed to create a soundtrack as iconic and recognisable as some of the classics from the 80's and 90's, especially in a sub genre that lacks great scores (cough spiderman, cough x-men) but I'm not impressed to hear that this is a third of the total score, too many repeated themes, literally note for note in some cases. Still I have no doubt ill buy the next cd that comes out!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Batman Begins and Dark Knight are better - 24/7/2012 2:30:39 PM   
TPM007

Not as good as the previous two Bat scores.The first half seems too...I'm not sure what word I'm looking for...slow, uninteresting. I seem to prefer Zimmers work more when he collaborates (The Rock, Gladiator, etc). However, as the Empire review states, this is only a third of the full score, and some of the bonus tracks that are available ('No Stoned Unturned', 'Risen From Darkness') do show there is much more unreleased goodness. Best track on the album? 'Why Do We Fall?' is awesome.

Oh and @sleepwalker:

Surely you haven't heard the brilliant X-Men First Class Score

< Message edited by TPM007 -- 24/7/2012 2:32:42 PM >

(in reply to sleepwalker)
Post #: 3
RE: Batman Begins and Dark Knight are better - 9/12/2012 12:31:15 PM   
carleslempner

The Dark Knight Rises feels fresh even though it is based on the previous Batman scores. It rises to a new level of excitement for me. Overall this score is nothing short of great. It has what you would expect from Hans Zimmer. I love this score and it feels so right, yet I canít say it is the best score of the year so far (even though I want to).

I love the cinema!

(in reply to TPM007)
Post #: 4
RE: The Dark Knight Rises OST - 24/4/2013 2:30:35 AM   
dreamextractor

Zimmer is the man

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Special Forums] >> Soundtrack Reviews >> The Dark Knight Rises OST Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI