Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

First date in London...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> First date in London... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
First date in London... - 22/7/2012 9:51:37 PM   
Spiked

This Friday I have a first date, in London. I really like the girl so obviously want it to go well, however I probably did a wrongen' in suggesting a Friday night - as it will likley be busy everywhere which isn't very nice, and come become uncomfortable, right? Nothin could be worse than leaving her alone for twenty minutes whilst I fight to get a drink at a bar!

So I'm writing to get advise from anybody who may have been in similar situations recently? What bars would you reccomend which are nice inside, where the background music is minimal and you can hear every word of conversation, and where it wont be busy!

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: First date in London... - 23/7/2012 8:50:19 AM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spiked

I probably did a wrongen' in suggesting a Friday night -

Assuming it is this coming Friday then even worse as it's the opening ceremony of the Olympics and London will be heaving with even more tourists! I'd steer well clear of the main tourist spots, in fact I'd steer well clear of London full stop!

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to Spiked)
Post #: 2
RE: First date in London... - 23/7/2012 9:21:45 AM   
Skiba

Yeah, good luck with that in central London! I'd suggest going either a bit Norf or Sarf to avoid it. There's a bar called Imbibe, which is very close to Southwark station, and it's just shy of the river. http://www.imbibe-bar.com/ It'll be full of office-types, but they'll clear by about 7.30ish. Nice place, and they usually have some half-decent music playing...not the shitty pop-dance stuff a lot of places play.

Have a good time, all the time.

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 3
RE: First date in London... - 23/7/2012 11:24:45 AM   
Rebenectomy

I assume there'll be some sort of firework display as part of the opening ceremony, so perhaps finding a decent outdoor viewing area and take a picnic blanket, some booze, something to play music on and some snacks is an option.

Body Hair Beautiful: An Armpits for August Special
http://www.lipstogetherandblow.com/2013/07/body-beautiful.html

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 4
RE: First date in London... - 23/7/2012 8:58:45 PM   
Sumintelligentguy

Variety of bars and the like on Upper Street in Islington.

Slim Jims is not bad - the ceiling is decorated with bras!
Also, The Arc which is close by.

"Snake? Snaaaake? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!?"

R.I.P. Punchy

(in reply to Rebenectomy)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> First date in London... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI