Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: First film you saw on Video

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: First film you saw on Video Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: First film you saw on Video - 23/7/2012 11:20:26 PM   
Shifty Bench

I still have some Betamax tapes but don't have a player for them. I have loads of shows from the early 90s on there including cartoons taped during the Summer holidays.

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 31
RE: First film you saw on Video - 24/7/2012 1:47:20 AM   
NinjaShortbread212

To answer the OP, I honestly can't remember but will hazard a guess at it being the Care Bears or a Disney film.

Art

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 32
RE: First film you saw on Video - 24/7/2012 6:32:12 PM   
snaze1

I also remember my dad moaning about some of the titles available back in the early 80's when we got our first video.
I myself was rather pleased at 12 to get to finally see Texas chainsaw massacre, The exorcist, The Brood and many other horror classics!

(in reply to NinjaShortbread212)
Post #: 33
RE: First film you saw on Video - 24/7/2012 7:34:27 PM   
mutronics

Watership Down was the first, I cried. Not long after, my mates dad's copy of the Evil Dead, still one of my favourites. Think I was about nine at the time.

(in reply to snaze1)
Post #: 34
RE: First film you saw on Video - 24/7/2012 7:42:36 PM   
directorscut

quote:

ORIGINAL: fuzzy

Think we had our first VCR around '83/84 I think. The make was Akai and looked a bit like this:

Gotta love the 80s.

We probably rented films every weekend but can't for the life of me remember which was the first. Thinking of it, could've been a neighbour's pirate copy of Jedi.

I like how this looks way more futuristic than a Blu-ray player.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 35
RE: First film you saw on Video - 25/7/2012 12:36:00 PM   
fuzzy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: fuzzy

Think we had our first VCR around '83/84 I think. The make was Akai and looked a bit like this:

Gotta love the 80s.

We probably rented films every weekend but can't for the life of me remember which was the first. Thinking of it, could've been a neighbour's pirate copy of Jedi.

My grandfather's looked a bit like that. When I was a kid I couldn't tell if I was pressing play or launching a NASA rocket

Know what you mean. Pressing 'eject' on one of these bad boys was a mini event to a 6 year old in the 80s. The noise it made would regularly scare the life out of the dog, and could probably be heard from the kitchen.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 36
RE: First film you saw on Video - 25/7/2012 1:25:32 PM   
great_badir

Can't remember the first film I saw on video, but the very first thing I saw on video was some channel 4 program my dad recorded about The Prisoner and Portmeirion, that I seem to remember was presented by Jools Holland.

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 37
RE: First film you saw on Video - 28/7/2012 2:05:39 PM   
wahmeiman

Return Of The Jedi on pirate VHS or possibly E.T.
I remember the elation when I got to watch Ghostbusters then Gremlins on the same day sometime in 1985 too.

(in reply to great_badir)
Post #: 38
RE: First film you saw on Video - 28/7/2012 4:18:30 PM   
snaze1

Not the first but i do remember watching Ghostbusters and The last starfighter in the same evening "on pirate"

(in reply to wahmeiman)
Post #: 39
RE: First film you saw on Video - 28/7/2012 10:56:57 PM   
mackey

Jaws 2 was the very first film we rented - we'd seen Jaws on tv already but wanted that anyway, unfortunately the video shop's one copy had been rented by someone else so we got part 2 instead - a load of the neighbours came in to watch it too!

I know that look; it's the same look my father gave me when I told him I wanted to be a ventriloquist.

(in reply to snaze1)
Post #: 40
RE: First film you saw on Video - 29/7/2012 4:58:36 PM   
ElephantBoy

Think mine was something like the first Burton Batman, not too sure had lots of Video's around the time.

Still keep some of mine like Clerks, Terminator, The Oppiste of Sex and The Amater which I got recently as it is only availble on video in the UK. Also still have a lot of WCW wrestling Vids which I will keep.

(in reply to mackey)
Post #: 41
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: First film you saw on Video Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI