Colorado Shooting

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> Colorado Shooting Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Colorado Shooting - 21/7/2012 12:16:48 PM   
spartacus533

Sorry Empire, but are you just going to ignore this movie-related tragedy entirely or are you just waiting a few days before releasing a 'Top 10 Movie-related tragedies' or something equally exploitative?
Not only is it poor journalism to not even report it, it's disrespectful especially considering the actions of other entertainment publications and websites.

< Message edited by spartacus533 -- 21/7/2012 12:37:47 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Colorado Shooting - 21/7/2012 12:20:58 PM   
Rgirvan44

What a nasty little post.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to spartacus533)
Post #: 2
RE: Colorado Shooting - 21/7/2012 12:21:13 PM   
elab49

It begs the question how you expect them to - it's a movie magazine not current affairs. All they could do is pass on Nolan's statement, which they did immediately via the Twitter account. You'd hardly expect them to have a reporter out on the scene. And it's more respectful, IMO, to avoid the type of gossip on some other sites.

There is a discussion thread in News and Hot Topics.

< Message edited by elab49 -- 21/7/2012 12:22:23 PM >

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

Post #: 3
RE: Colorado Shooting - 21/7/2012 4:01:45 PM   
paul_ie86

quote:

ORIGINAL: spartacus533

it's disrespectful especially considering the actions of other entertainment publications and websites.

Tasteful like Deadline's "How will this affect The Dark Knight Rises box office?"?

My Group Project's facebook page. Please like

Post #: 4
RE: Colorado Shooting - 21/7/2012 5:26:35 PM   
AmityBodega1977

quote:

Sorry Empire, but are you just going to ignore this movie-related tragedy entirely or are you just waiting a few days before releasing a 'Top 10 Movie-related tragedies' or something equally exploitative?
Not only is it poor journalism to not even report it, it's disrespectful especially considering the actions of other entertainment publications and websites.

I think you'll find that Helen O'Hara of Empire did in fact express hers and Empire's shock about this terrible incident and sent our prayers and sympathies to the victims families. The Empire Staff are good people.

Post #: 5
RE: Colorado Shooting - 22/7/2012 3:42:40 PM   
RobotDevil

I think it's actually to their credit not to try to turn a tragedy into "The top entertainment story of the year" (like this: http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/28369361#.T8_MPcW9p8G ).

I had Korean Barbecue for lunch - I cannot look at a Dr Moreau pigbaby.

(in reply to AmityBodega1977)
Post #: 6
RE: Colorado Shooting - 22/7/2012 9:59:36 PM   
sanchia

The psychologists say you should downplay such things to stop others from thinking it is a good idea and causing copycats to spring up.

I actually have more respect for Empire for not jumping on the whole "we don't actually have anything to report so will make stuff up" bandwagon which seems to be occurring at this time.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to RobotDevil)
Post #: 7
RE: Colorado Shooting - 22/7/2012 10:51:53 PM   
MonsterCat

lol misplaced indignation.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 8
RE: Colorado Shooting - 23/7/2012 11:21:51 AM   
piccolo135

quote:

What a ridiculous post. For starters you are complaining both that there isn't a post, and that there shouldn't be a post.

Why should Empire post an article anyway? This horrendous act should be kept as the doings of a mad man with serious issues, not the media debacle it has become surrounding the Dark Knight Rises film. Therefore it is non of Empire's business to report on such. And in doing so would be fairly insensitive anyway.

Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> Colorado Shooting Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI