Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Douglas Fairbanks Sr.....

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Golden Oldies >> Douglas Fairbanks Sr..... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Douglas Fairbanks Sr..... - 21/7/2012 11:06:25 AM   
williamholdenfan

Hi all,

I'm Madeleine(Maddy)fairly new to the Empire film boards.I'm 24 and love classic films(my favourite decades are 20's 30's,40's and 60's).

I have become a recent devotee of Douglas Fairbanks Sr after seeing him in The Thief Of Bagdhad.Is there anything this man couldn't do?LOL.He did all his own stunts,was gorgeous,sooo sexy and when on screen you can't take your eyes off him.I'm about to watch him and real life wife Mary Pickford in Taming Of The Shrew,looks very good.So any other fans of Doug Sr here?

< Message edited by williamholdenfan -- 21/7/2012 11:07:33 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Douglas Fairbanks Sr..... - 18/9/2012 8:31:04 AM   
siegfried

Love Fairbanks' films. The Thief Of Bagdad was a stunner; Robin Hood is great fun, and makes an interesting comparison with the 1938 version with Errol Flynn; The Black Pirate was one of the earliest films to be made in colour, and still looks gorgeous.
I agree, he had a great personality, which is one of the main reasons why his films are still watchable and enjoyable today. They have a genuine charm and innocence which has been largely lost in much of today's cinema.

"Premeditated murder is one thing, but I will not have lying in this house."

Marriage is one of those things that is best gotten over with in youth - like chicken pox.

Not only is there no God, but try getting a plumber on weekends.

(in reply to williamholdenfan)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Golden Oldies >> Douglas Fairbanks Sr..... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI