Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

FIFA 13

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> FIFA 13 Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
FIFA 13 - 20/7/2012 7:38:13 PM   
Sutty

FIFA 13 is due out in around 6 or 7 weeks. Aside from the odd tweak I'm sure it is all but done. But what would you like to see in this years effort? I loved FIFA 12 so any changes for me would be minor. For instance...

1. I'm hoping that Portsmouth start league 1 with the 10 point deficit they have been given by the FA.
2. Rangers start in Scottish division 3. Again as per the SPL ruling recently.
3. There are no "blank faces" for youth players. Minor point but it looks rubbish when it is just a sillouette.
4. More variance in the players available for transfer/loan/freebies. Nearly always the same players available, ie Milner from City, Flamini from AC Milan.
5. A more creative transfer process. Perhaps enticing players with perks as well as pay.
6. The ability to choose pre season games.
7. Clubs coming in for you mid season to manage them.
8. Better direct free kicks. Never have mastered them...
9. Perhaps some touchline antics from managers when fouls committed or goals scored. Incorporated with the goal celebrations.
10. A better, slightly more involving, youth system.
11. Blue Square conference league.
12. International games making some players unavailable, ie African Cup of Nations.

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.
Where there is darkness, light."

"When you're pushed, killin's as easy as breathin'"
Post #: 1
RE: FIFA 13 - 23/7/2012 11:30:50 AM   
jediwarrior

Yeah I'd like the manager mode to be made better, it's the only thing I play now. Would like if a team came in for your player and offered £6million, you should be able to say to them bid say £8 mill and we'd might sell. Also be good if you could throw in a player to loan and transfer money when bidding for players

< Message edited by jediwarrior -- 23/7/2012 1:46:56 PM >

GAMERTAG: hothtrooper

The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish.

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 2
RE: FIFA 13 - 23/7/2012 11:42:09 AM   
themightyhutch

Funny you should say that...

http://www.gamesradar.com/fifa-13-updated-impressions-advancing-club-and-country/

(in reply to jediwarrior)
Post #: 3
RE: FIFA 13 - 25/7/2012 7:21:47 PM   
Sutty

Sounds like there are going to be some great changes there! Love the integration of the international element on manager mode. Looking forward to this already!

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.

(in reply to themightyhutch)
Post #: 4
RE: FIFA 13 - 26/7/2012 9:01:04 PM   
Skiba

quote:

ORIGINAL: themightyhutch

Funny you should say that...

http://www.gamesradar.com/fifa-13-updated-impressions-advancing-club-and-country/

Those do sound good as I think that FIFA 12 was massively flawed, particularly manager/career mode. It seems that they're going to sort out the awful transfers. It'd be nice, if you're playing as a lower league team, if you could take a player from a club in a higher league on loan, and not have to pay their whole fucking wages! You should be able to pay a percentage, or even nothing at all. The game scheduling was often terrible. There'd be times when you didn't have a game for two weeks, then you've got three in seven days! If you've got a small squad, that's a nightmare.

Then there's the gameplay...I don't think the new defending system is all that. Well, it's not a sophisticated as they made it out to be. It just seemed like players' starting positions were worse. There seems to be a few "set" ways to score, much like the FIFA's of the 90s and early 00s. There's nearly always a goal in 45th minute, there's always a goal for the opponent after you've scored (or at least a very good chance). There just seemed too much that was out of your control.

Maybe I'm just bitter because this is the first time, since going online in 2007, that I've lost more games than I've won online!

Have a good time, all the time.

Post #: 5
RE: FIFA 13 - 26/7/2012 9:15:28 PM   
Scott_

quote:

ORIGINAL: Skiba

Maybe I'm just bitter because this is the first time, since going online in 2007, that I've lost more games than I've won online!

FIFA 12 online is fucking annoying though, the AI seems to decide you need to play without a defence for a few games and other times it's "You have lost your connection with the EA Servers. Sucks to be you asshole". I like the H2H seasons thing they introduced in 12, I always manage to avoid relegation in the last game and it feels good but it's too much work trying not to rage quit!

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 6
RE: FIFA 13 - 26/7/2012 9:32:01 PM   
Skiba

I don't think I've sworn so much at a game before...with the exception of maybe Mirror's Edge! Yep H2H was a good addition...managed to get to Div 3 but always get relegated apart from one season.

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 7
RE: FIFA 13 - 9/8/2012 1:19:39 AM   
Sutty

FIFA 13 will allow you, should you be asked, to manage on the international stage as well as club stage depending on how you are doing. Countries such as Iceland, Italy, or even jolly old England could come knocking at your managerial door. Presumably juggling international duties for your players will come in to play too. There will also be in game updates on other games that may be relevent to your progress. This has been done in FIFA 12 but the difference being that it will now be done verbally "from the studio" by, I think, Jeff Stelling.

Transfers will be imporved too. You will be able to offer players plus cash and you won;t find the likes of David Silva or Van Persie signing for Stoke or some such nonsense.

The menu hubs have also apparently been vastly improved.

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 8
RE: FIFA 13 - 9/8/2012 5:39:36 PM   
Skiba

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sutty

FIFA 13 will allow you, should you be asked, to manage on the international stage as well as club stage depending on how you are doing. Countries such as Iceland, Italy, or even jolly old England could come knocking at your managerial door. Presumably juggling international duties for your players will come in to play too. There will also be in game updates on other games that may be relevent to your progress. This has been done in FIFA 12 but the difference being that it will now be done verbally "from the studio" by, I think, Jeff Stelling.

Transfers will be imporved too. You will be able to offer players plus cash and you won;t find the likes of David Silva or Van Persie signing for Stoke or some such nonsense.

The menu hubs have also apparently been vastly improved.

Gearing up to be pretty special I think. I had a lot of time on my hands this year so I think I've put in something like fifty seasons on manager mode! Sounds like it's going down the Football/Champ Manager route (sort of) which is all kinds of good.

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 9
RE: FIFA 13 - 21/8/2012 8:08:50 PM   
Skiba

Who's on the cover has never really bothered me but here it is:

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 10
RE: FIFA 13 - 21/8/2012 8:13:13 PM   
Scott_

I love that EA held a press conference for that.

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 11
RE: FIFA 13 - 21/8/2012 8:45:07 PM   
Skiba

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scott_

I love that EA held a press conference for that.

I was a staunch supporter of the campaign to get Heskey on the FIFA 12 cover! Now that would've been a worthy press conference

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 12
RE: FIFA 13 - 27/8/2012 2:12:35 AM   
Sutty

there have apparently been some tweaking of the controls...

First touch will be more difficult and therefore realistic as well as weight of passing and shooting etc. I hope they don;t improve the already succesful format in to a failure...

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 13
RE: FIFA 13 - 27/8/2012 1:07:31 PM   
Scott_

quote:

there have apparently been some tweaking of the controls...

First touch will be more difficult and therefore realistic as well as weight of passing and shooting etc. I hope they don;t improve the already succesful format in to a failure...

Sounds good to me, the player stats might actually matter this year. FIFA 12 is all about speed and/or strength = win but now with the first touch and attacking intelligence we might some decent games of football.

Demo drops on September 11th. I'm looking forward to that, I'm just about done with FIFA 12 so it can't come quick enough!

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 14
RE: FIFA 13 - 13/9/2012 7:27:50 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

No Nou Camp in Fifa13 tut..tut.
Rumours doing the rounds that no licensed Napoli will be in the game either.

< Message edited by OPEN YOUR EYES -- 13/9/2012 7:28:24 PM >

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 15
RE: FIFA 13 - 13/9/2012 8:08:32 PM   
themightyhutch

Liking the demo but I'm annoyed the computer still feels a bit cheaty on 45 minutes or 90 minutes. Otherwise the whole look and feel of the game is top stuff.

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 16
RE: FIFA 13 - 13/9/2012 11:25:20 PM   
Skiba

quote:

Liking the demo but I'm annoyed the computer still feels a bit cheaty on 45 minutes or 90 minutes. Otherwise the whole look and feel of the game is top stuff.

Hmmm, yeah, I know what you mean. Think it works the other way though too...my first game I was 3-1 down to Arsenal with City with only 3mins left. I found it very easy to get back to 3-3. Not sure that's significant or not. But yeah, I like the feel of it and the differing touches, and the way the loose balls seem more realistic. Not sure it looks any better than previous games but that's not major issue at all.

Post #: 17
RE: FIFA 13 - 14/9/2012 11:14:24 AM   
themightyhutch

quote:

quote:

Hmmm, yeah, I know what you mean. Think it works the other way though too...my first game I was 3-1 down to Arsenal with City with only 3mins left. I found it very easy to get back to 3-3. Not sure that's significant or not. But yeah, I like the feel of it and the differing touches, and the way the loose balls seem more realistic. Not sure it looks any better than previous games but that's not major issue at all.

To be honest, we played FIFA 12 on a crappy old telly at uni last year so playing it on my HDTV at home was the improvement I meant which I now realise probably has no difference to anyone else!

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 18
RE: FIFA 13 - 14/9/2012 6:23:25 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

I enjoyed the demo and will no doubt buy the game.

The skill games were a great touch, and the new pre match presentation is great, as is some of the in game stuff like 4th official holding up the board with shirt numbers or minutes displayed.

That said the menu looks horrible and the sci-fi sound effects the menu makes are out of place, they sound like they've been pulled straight from Dead Space. But this is a rather mundane and redundant complaint as it makes little difference to the game.

My biggest qualms are there's still no support for a dedicated 2v2 mode online (at least not with both players being on the one console), and more importantly I genuinely couldn't really see or feel any difference in gameplay to FIFA 12.

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

Post #: 19
RE: FIFA 13 - 17/9/2012 10:54:56 AM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Just had a play-around on the demo over the weekend but I'm yet to see any outstanding change from EA's latest football release.
You could argue they don't need to make many changes to a game which is widely acclaimed to be the best football series ever,something of which I totally disagree with 'cough' pes5 'cough' pes6

Ea wont be getting my money this time round,plus Pes2013 plays a much more varied game going by the demo.

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 20
RE: FIFA 13 - 17/9/2012 5:06:00 PM   
Sutty

I'm quite happy for EA to make minor tweaks here and there rather than overhauling what is a tried, tested, and very succesfull formula. I think over the past four or five years each one has improved on the last without really breaking the mould too much. There are things that I would change or add but then thatis the same for anyone really. Like the sound of seeing the fourth official holding up subs boards and injury time warnings etc. And I think it would be fun to see the managers pacing around their technical areas, perhaps responding to the game itself.
I always look forward to the next installment of the FIFA franchise and I just hope that this improves (if only slightly) on what has gone before.

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 21
RE: FIFA 13 - 29/9/2012 5:01:27 AM   
Sutty

Well, I have had a quick blast of this bad boy and I like it. The overall game play feels more organic and less simulated, and the AI is far better this time around with players making some excellent off the ball runs and defenders taking up good positions against you.

* Like the in game updates from other games (and the fact that you can decide which games you want updating on)

* like being able to choose whether or not you start off with european football or not.

* You can once again control weather functions.

* The commentary is okay. Though there is one glaring error... When playing as Blackburn Rovers (don't ask!) Clive Tyldsley mentions that they are only one of four sides to win the premier league. Well I make it five. Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Blackburn, and Man City. Doh!

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 22
RE: FIFA 13 - 1/10/2012 11:28:26 PM   
JessFranco

Seems faster. Less realistic in some ways. Refs appear to be more strict with cards, which is a good thing. Shooting from distance is easier, shooting with power from close range much harder. Balls rebound off keepers to pretty ludicrous distances. Good so far.

Even the French know better than to fuck with me

http://closer-to-perfection.tumblr.com/

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 23
RE: FIFA 13 - 9/10/2012 5:30:55 PM   
Scott_

Is it weird that I get some enjoyment from losing whilst playing online? I dominate games but I'm totally useless in front of goal and I always fuck up right at the death. It amazes me how I can blow a 4 goal lead in 2 minutes.

(in reply to JessFranco)
Post #: 24
RE: FIFA 13 - 21/10/2012 9:08:04 PM   
MBeard

I can't believe how low this thread has fallen!

A lot of people don't like Fifa 13. I for one however love it, particularly Ultimate Team.

I have a shed load of coins from trading and was tempted to do an Empire giveaway, but it all depends if enough people play it to warrant some sort of competition.

PM me for Xbox Live Details!

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 25
RE: FIFA 13 - 26/10/2012 12:44:43 PM   
MBeard

Does no-one on here play ultimate team? I'm really shocked.

PM me for Xbox Live Details!

(in reply to MBeard)
Post #: 26
RE: FIFA 13 - 8/12/2012 7:32:47 PM   
Sutty

anyone had issues with glitches on FIFA 13???

When I start a second season in career mode (off line) the ball is often invisible in some of the earlier games. Obviously ruining my play. Anyone else had this problem? Or know how to circumvent it? Is it worth me buying the game again incase FIFA have rectified the problem. I find it incredibly annoying.

Can anyone help???

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 27
RE: FIFA 13 - 9/12/2012 2:00:05 PM   
Skiba

quote:

When I start a second season in career mode (off line) the ball is often invisible in some of the earlier games. Obviously ruining my play. Anyone else had this problem? Or know how to circumvent it? Is it worth me buying the game again incase FIFA have rectified the problem. I find it incredibly annoying.

Can anyone help???

You need to change your match ball from default...just pick any other ball in settings somewhere. Sorry, can't remember exactly but it happened to me and that's what I did.

This is still the game I play more than any other, but I fucking hate it! I thought FIFA 12 was a step back, this is 4 or 5 steps back for me. It seems to have gone back to the FIFA's of old where there are set ways to score, and you're not in control of the outcome. The tagline of the game says it all "No two games are the same". Yes, because you fucking make sure they're not!

This is what Pro Evo did so well. It took away the randomness of games where eveything was in YOUR hands.

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 28
RE: FIFA 13 - 10/12/2012 12:57:29 AM   
Sutty

quote:

quote:

Can anyone help???

You need to change your match ball from default...just pick any other ball in settings somewhere. Sorry, can't remember exactly but it happened to me and that's what I did.

This is still the game I play more than any other, but I fucking hate it! I thought FIFA 12 was a step back, this is 4 or 5 steps back for me. It seems to have gone back to the FIFA's of old where there are set ways to score, and you're not in control of the outcome. The tagline of the game says it all "No two games are the same". Yes, because you fucking make sure they're not!

This is what Pro Evo did so well. It took away the randomness of games where eveything was in YOUR hands.

So is changing the ball from default the way around it then? Skiba, if this works I will be mightily impressed. Thanks!!!

There also appears to be an issue with menu freezes. But I have figured that if you don't rush through the menu system too quickly in career mode then it generally doesn't happen. I am kind of annoyed that such a high profile game could be released with so many glitches.

And I get what you're saying about FIFA mate, they never get it quite right.

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 29
RE: FIFA 13 - 10/12/2012 3:14:44 PM   
shool

I play this on IOS and there are glitches everywhere. Still love it though.

The worst appears to the Red Card glitch in Ultimate team where if a player gets a red card and temp match ban, it never gets served and you lose that player for good. Which is a real pain in the arse if its a good player.

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> FIFA 13 Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI