Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Shooting in Denver at Dark Knight Rises

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> RE: Shooting in Denver at Dark Knight Rises Page: <<   < prev  5 6 7 [8] 9   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Shooting in Denver at Dark Knight Rises - 25/7/2012 10:25:29 AM   
jon5000

That must be so incredibly offensive to the families of the deceased.

It's almost as bad as Westborough Baptist Church mentality. Just outright disregard for victims' families in the face of proving your skewed and warped views.

Is there not an American equivalent of Ofcom that could fine him at least? I don't think people would stand for it in this country.

< Message edited by jon5000 -- 25/7/2012 10:26:26 AM >

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 211
RE: Shooting in Denver at Dark Knight Rises - 25/7/2012 10:31:09 AM   
Chief

It just bugs me that they can trivialise something as bad as this with made up bullshit.

As far as I'm concerned conspiracy theorists and any idiot that gives them credence needs to pull their head out of their arse and start living in the real world.

(in reply to Dpp1978)
Post #: 212
RE: Shooting in Denver at Dark Knight Rises - 25/7/2012 10:34:18 AM   
sanchia

Worryingly there is a growing belief that copy cats may be springing up with one man stopped for speeding in Maine who was found to have various press clippings of the event, an AK47, four handguns and quite a lot of ammunition the boot of his car and it appears there have been at least two other similar incidents.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 213
RE: Shooting in Denver at Dark Knight Rises - 25/7/2012 10:38:16 AM   
elab49

This is what happens when they give him cool names and play exciting music over the news reports I guess. 

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 214
RE: Shooting in Denver at Dark Knight Rises - 25/7/2012 10:41:01 AM   
Dpp1978

quote:

ORIGINAL: jon5000

It's almost as bad as Westborough Baptist Church mentality. Just outright disregard for victims' families in the face of proving your skewed and warped views.

Is there not an American equivalent of Ofcom that could fine him at least? I don't think people would stand for it in this country.

That would likely breach his First Amendment right to free speech and give the nut-job more ammunition to use when spouting his drivel.

(in reply to jon5000)
Post #: 215
RE: Shooting in Denver at Dark Knight Rises - 25/7/2012 10:51:22 AM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978

quote:

That would likely breach his First Amendment right to free speech and give the nut-job more ammunition to use when spouting his drivel.

Exactly - better to show him for the fraud he really is.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Dpp1978)
Post #: 216
RE: Shooting in Denver at Dark Knight Rises - 25/7/2012 11:55:53 AM   
jon5000

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

Worryingly there is a growing belief that copy cats may be springing up with one man stopped for speeding in Maine who was found to have various press clippings of the event, an AK47, four handguns and quite a lot of ammunition the boot of his car and it appears there have been at least two other similar incidents.

I saw this on the BBC site this morning too http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-18980974

Anybody else feel that America is just going to destroy itself one day?

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 217
RE: Shooting in Denver at Dark Knight Rises - 25/7/2012 12:37:55 PM   
KnightofZyryab

quote:

quote:

I saw this on the BBC site this morning too http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-18980974

That seems to be the exact, dangerous mentality of having access to firearms in America - an incident like this occurs, copycats are spawned but also the blind fear motivating people to 'protect' themselves with guns.

I just hope there are no repeat shootings in the next few weeks, but I never fail to be astonished how much longer America can go on with relaxed gun control measures.

Imminent viewings : The Place Beyond the Pines

Read my blog at: http://alcentrodelaberinto.blogspot.com/

(in reply to jon5000)
Post #: 218
RE: Shooting in Denver at Dark Knight Rises - 25/7/2012 1:01:25 PM   
great_badir

Bit of an extreme thought here, but just to play devil's advocate...

Time was (and still is, I guess) when a lot of people would say (and have said - we've all read it somewhere, or heard someone say it on TV or radio, or know someone who has said it) "wipe the Middle East off the face of the planet and a lot of the world's problems will be solved over night".

I can't help but think if you replace "Middle East" with "United States", the same argument could convincingly be made...

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to KnightofZyryab)
Post #: 219
RE: Shooting in Denver at Dark Knight Rises - 25/7/2012 1:44:37 PM   
ChickMagnet

And then there's the other side of America:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a394968/batman-cinema-shooting-victim-to-sue-movie-theatre-warner-bros.html

Don't get me wrong, I have all the sympathies in the world for what this guy has gone through, but all 3 defendants really could be in a place where a judge should laugh the guy out of court.

Firstly the suspects doctors - the only way I can see this having any chance is if it is proven that the guys medication did help in a change of his psyche, where he wanted to do something like this.

Then the Cinema - Granted when people are walking in staff need to be vigilant for anyone who could cause a danger to the audience, but armed guards on the emergency exits? Before the shootings on what basis would any Cinema look to hire guards for them? There's previously been no incidents of this kind and its not something anyone could imagine in their wildest dreams.

Finally suing Warner Brothers? Particularly because Batman flicks incite violence? Hell if that's the case, theres many filmmakers out there I could sue, because I found their films awful and felt like being violent over the facts that I'd wasted my time watching them.

(in reply to great_badir)
Post #: 220
RE: Shooting in Denver at Dark Knight Rises - 25/7/2012 2:28:33 PM   
clownfoot

quote:

ORIGINAL: great_badir

Bit of an extreme thought here, but just to play devil's advocate...

Time was (and still is, I guess) when a lot of people would say (and have said - we've all read it somewhere, or heard someone say it on TV or radio, or know someone who has said it) "wipe the Middle East off the face of the planet and a lot of the world's problems will be solved over night".

I can't help but think if you replace "Middle East" with "United States", the same argument could convincingly be made...

Except checks and balances would confer the initial logic of the opening statement as a fallacy...

Evil Mod 2 - Hail he who has fallen from the sky to deliver us from the terror of the Deadites!

http://www.thepixelempire.net/index.html
http://clownfootsinversemidas.blogspot.com/

(in reply to great_badir)
Post #: 221
RE: Shooting in Denver at Dark Knight Rises - 25/7/2012 2:32:27 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: ChickMagnet

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a394968/batman-cinema-shooting-victim-to-sue-movie-theatre-warner-bros.htmlDon't get me wrong, I have all the sympathies in the world for what this guy has gone through, but all 3 defendants really could be in a place where a judge should laugh the guy out of court.

Firstly the suspects doctors - the only way I can see this having any chance is if it is proven that the guys medication did help in a change of his psyche, where he wanted to do something like this.

Then the Cinema - Granted when people are walking in staff need to be vigilant for anyone who could cause a danger to the audience, but armed guards on the emergency exits? Before the shootings on what basis would any Cinema look to hire guards for them? There's previously been no incidents of this kind and its not something anyone could imagine in their wildest dreams.

Finally suing Warner Brothers? Particularly because Batman flicks incite violence? Hell if that's the case, theres many filmmakers out there I could sue, because I found their films awful and felt like being violent over the facts that I'd wasted my time watching them.

Jesus. So even someone who was there and lost a friend is capable of showing zero respect for the victims? What a classless piece of shit.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to ChickMagnet)
Post #: 222
RE: Shooting in Denver at Dark Knight Rises - 25/7/2012 2:43:18 PM   
Chief

Another cracking quote:

"Somebody has to be responsible for the rampant violence that is shown today," Brown's lawyer Karpel said.

Umm, how about the guy PULLING THE FUCKING TRIGGER!

(in reply to jon5000)
Post #: 223
RE: Shooting in Denver at Dark Knight Rises - 25/7/2012 3:06:15 PM   
Dpp1978

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

Another cracking quote:

"Somebody has to be responsible for the rampant violence that is shown today," Brown's lawyer Karpel said.

His pockets obviously aren't deep enough.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 224
RE: Shooting in Denver at Dark Knight Rises - 25/7/2012 3:11:08 PM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

Another cracking quote:

His pockets obviously aren't deep enough.

Begs the question why this man, so worried about the morality and impact of films, paid to go see the thing in the middle of the night like any other fanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

(in reply to Dpp1978)
Post #: 225
RE: Shooting in Denver at Dark Knight Rises - 25/7/2012 5:07:47 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: ChickMagnet

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a394968/batman-cinema-shooting-victim-to-sue-movie-theatre-warner-bros.htmlDon't get me wrong, I have all the sympathies in the world for what this guy has gone through, but all 3 defendants really could be in a place where a judge should laugh the guy out of court.

Jesus. So even someone who was there and lost a friend is capable of showing zero respect for the victims? What a classless piece of shit.

Its America, you can make money from pretty much anything over there.

< Message edited by Spaldron -- 26/7/2012 1:34:27 AM >

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 226
RE: Shooting in Denver at Dark Knight Rises - 26/7/2012 11:05:18 AM   
Titanm21

quote:

quote:

It makes you wonder how many americans carry a hidden weapon on them "to protect" themselves if gun sales are up.

www.TrailerHouseMusings@Blogspot.com

Join us for all the latest trailers in the world of Gaming, TV and Movies [also Facebook and Twitter]

(in reply to jon5000)
Post #: 227
RE: Shooting in Denver at Dark Knight Rises - 26/7/2012 11:18:34 AM   
Rgirvan44

Allison Pearson was classing up the joint today - seems like she thinks enough time has passed to give the victims a right good kicking in the Telegraph.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Titanm21)
Post #: 228
RE: Shooting in Denver at Dark Knight Rises - 26/7/2012 11:22:18 AM   
matty_b

Why are about 90% of newspaper columnists utter cretins?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 229
RE: Shooting in Denver at Dark Knight Rises - 26/7/2012 11:25:32 AM   
elab49

What possible justification? Torygraph should surely be exercising some form of editorial control.

quote:

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 230
RE: Shooting in Denver at Dark Knight Rises - 26/7/2012 11:53:19 AM   
st3veebee

What are peoples opinions on Madonna refusing to take away her concert segment where she pulls out an ak-47 and starts shooting at the audience? Bit tasteless in m opinion, especially as film trailers are being recut to remove any similarites to the massacre (Gangster Squad).

I'll also add that I don't think the guy should be put to death.

Latest Films:

Two days in New York: 4/5

Prometheus: 3.5/5

Abe Lincoln: VH 3/5

Twin Peaks: FWWM 3.5/5

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 231
RE: Shooting in Denver at Dark Knight Rises - 26/7/2012 12:16:24 PM   
superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

Allison Pearson was classing up the joint today - seems like she thinks enough time has passed to give the victims a right good kicking in the Telegraph.

Loathsome article in and of itself, but then I made the mistake of reading the comments underneath

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 232
RE: Shooting in Denver at Dark Knight Rises - 26/7/2012 1:13:49 PM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: st3veebee

What are peoples opinions on Madonna refusing to take away her concert segment where she pulls out an ak-47 and starts shooting at the audience? Bit tasteless in m opinion, especially as film trailers are being recut to remove any similarites to the massacre (Gangster Squad).

A bit torn to be honest. Pull it out of respect maybe but really, what difference will it make? It's not really in bad taste, it was going to be part of her show/the trailers before the shooting. It's not like it's been added afterwards and I think the only way people would be offended is if they try to be.

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 233
RE: Shooting in Denver at Dark Knight Rises - 26/7/2012 1:15:34 PM   
elab49

She should pull it because it's a last pathetic desperate attempt to be 'oooooo, controversial' and it makes her look ridiculous. But if she doesn't get that, she probably thinks she's being even more relevant by continuing it. After all - people noticed she's on a poorly attended world tour again.

quote:

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 234
RE: Shooting in Denver at Dark Knight Rises - 26/7/2012 1:18:09 PM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

Loathsome article in and of itself, but then I made the mistake of reading the comments underneath

Link?

Edit: It's okay, found it.

< Message edited by Chief -- 26/7/2012 1:20:12 PM >

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 235
RE: Shooting in Denver at Dark Knight Rises - 26/7/2012 1:20:56 PM   
elab49

Ah, but then it would only go to prove that the Torygraph has learned the tacky Daily Fail tricks of making a website get hits.

quote:

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 236
RE: Shooting in Denver at Dark Knight Rises - 26/7/2012 1:28:46 PM   
Chief

Yar, I thought that.

Ever felt like the nations journalists are turning into massive trolls? Everytime you click a link to inflammatory nonsense it's like being rick-rolled.

(in reply to jon5000)
Post #: 237
RE: Shooting in Denver at Dark Knight Rises - 26/7/2012 1:44:05 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

She should pull it because it's a last pathetic desperate attempt to be 'oooooo, controversial' and it makes her look ridiculous. But if she doesn't get that, she probably thinks she's being even more relevant by continuing it. After all - people noticed she's on a poorly attended world tour again.

Personally I'm offended by the fact people are buying tickets to watch Madonna.

Seriously though, like Chief says, I'd only really have a problem with it if it was something she added in after the event. If it's something that was going to be in it anyway then I can't see there's much room for offence unless you look for it.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 238
RE: Shooting in Denver at Dark Knight Rises - 26/7/2012 1:44:55 PM   
clownfoot

Since when did Allison Pearson's judgement become the way that all parents should abide?

Evil Mod 2 - Hail he who has fallen from the sky to deliver us from the terror of the Deadites!

http://www.thepixelempire.net/index.html
http://clownfootsinversemidas.blogspot.com/

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 239
RE: Shooting in Denver at Dark Knight Rises - 26/7/2012 1:54:52 PM   
Brundlesflies

Interesting article in Guardian today

CLICKY

"The Daily Mail isn't technically a newspaper, more a serialised Necronomicon." C. Brooker
My DVD's

(in reply to clownfoot)
Post #: 240
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 7 [8] 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> RE: Shooting in Denver at Dark Knight Rises Page: <<   < prev  5 6 7 [8] 9   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI