Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Dark Knight Rises

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: The Dark Knight Rises Page: <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 25/7/2012 5:33:05 PM   
demoncleaner

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vadersville

quote:

ORIGINAL: st3veebee

About the whole "is he or isn't he dead" arguement: Kermode said at the end of his review that you get out of it what you take into it, and is in favour of the ambiguity aspect.

Honestly I thought it was very subjective, until I learned of Bruce fixing the autopilot remarks, which I somehow completely missed. When we see him flying off we definitely don't see any small dot leaping out of the Bat, so either he got out at the very last minute and somehow survived a nuke at close range or he got out well before it left Gotham. I'm guessing the latter...but would nobody have seen Bats jumping out or getting back to the cave?

This isn't like Vickers obviously being human...THIS IS REAL PEOPLE.

It's real in the sense that yes, what Alfred sees is real and not him imagining it. Not only the Auto-pilot scene but if Bruce is dead who fixed the bat signal? It simply doesn't make sense that he would be dead. as I posted before, the whole character arc of Bruce is that at the start of the film he wants to die in a blaze of glory and by the end of it he wants to live: Alfred tells him he's scared he wants to fail. Bane tells him he welcomes death. The pain in the pit tells him he fails because he no longer fears death. He has to regain that fear, that will to live to succeed. To have him then die would be completley and utterly pointless and defeat the whole journey of his character through this film.

To be clear, my feet are firmly in the "he's alive camp", but this isn't strictly true.  The 'lesson' he learns is that a willingness to die is selfish if he still has people dependent upon him.  But then subsequently killing himself to directly save the masses isn't a contradiction from this newly learnt ethic. 

(in reply to Vadersville)
Post #: 241
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 25/7/2012 6:34:07 PM   
Vadersville

What? That makes no sense. You're saying that Bruce's arc is that its selfish to die if there are people dependent on you, but okay to die if you are saving those said people. What do you base that on? Alfred tells him that he wants him to have a life of his own which Bruce at first dismisses. Selina tells him that he has given everything which again he dismisses. Also how does Bruce regaining his fear of death, his will to live in the pit fit into this?

< Message edited by Vadersville -- 25/7/2012 7:47:03 PM >

Confusion is a way of life, not a state of mind

(in reply to demoncleaner)
Post #: 242
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 25/7/2012 7:51:46 PM   
Hood_Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: kumar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

Just thought I'd post again in this thread but... I fucking love Bain's voice

"Let the games begin!"

"Or maybe he's wondering why you would shoot a man before throwing him out of an airplane?"

"It doesn't matter who we are."

"It would be extremely painful. For you."

You forgot all of his dialogue in the first fight about the shadows. Was I the only one that saw ROTJ vibes there? Bane was class, really enjoyed everything, his hulk, power, voice beating the shit out of bats.

Well, I can't really quote every line I'd be here all day But yes, definite ROTJ vibes there, especially when he picks up Batman and says "You betrayed us!" That sounded exactly like Vader taunting a hiding Luke.

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 243
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 25/7/2012 7:54:44 PM   
demoncleaner

quote:

What? That makes no sense. You're saying that Bruce's arc is that its selfish to die if their are people dependent on you but okay to die if you are saving those said people. What do you base that on?

Oh I don't know, just a little beardy guy named Jesus? You might have heard of him?

quote:

Alfred tells him that he wants him to have a life of his own which Bruce at first dismisses. Selina tells him that he has given everything which again he dismisses. Also how does Bruce regaining his fear of death, his will to live in the pit fit into this?

This is not a proposition from Wittgenstein Manuel, it's very simple.

Bruce Wayne isn't afraid of death.
Bruce Wayne should be afraid of death.
Not for himself, but for those he can still save.
Beating Bane, escaping the pit : these are things he can achieve.
He doesn't achieve either at first because he hasn't realised yet the selfishness that dying would represent. (Dying let's him off the hook and on this note he's had a masochistic streak since the death of his parents, Harvey and Jake Gyllenhaal's sister).
Realising that he can achieve these two things he promptly does so.

Now...assuming there's no autopilot which is where this discussion started...

He can't save Gotham and stay alive. Considering the saving of Gotham is his primary goal his own survival is the lesser variable that can now be contradicted whenever he can't possibly do anything else.

As Asimov might have it. The laws of Batman are:

1) You will keep Gotham safe
2) You will survive to achieve the first law except when your survival leads to the breaking of the first law....

< Message edited by demoncleaner -- 25/7/2012 7:55:16 PM >

Post #: 244
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 25/7/2012 7:56:52 PM   
evil bill

Of all the films i was looking forward too,this was the one i feared would not be able to match it's awesome part two,TDK,but it did but only just,and having just watched it again last night well i'm still impressed.Bad ponit's i did'nt get to see this on an IMAX screen,and Bane is just no match for the Joker,also on the first showing on Friday afternoon,the picture was blurred a few times,but Tuesday was perfect even though i knew how it ended.

Batman Begins (2005)was wonderful and was what most Batman fans(like myself and many others) wanted so much,a dark avenger,out to rid the world of the bad guys,but ones you could belive in.We also hoped for a second helping,and along came the awesome The Dark Knight (2008) that blew the socks off from start to finish.The Joker of courrse stole the show,in this truly dark and at times disturbing film,that was more thriller/chiller than comic film.This was due to Christopher Nolan and his co writers insisting on a very serious real to life Batman mythology,based in part in what events are shaping the world round us in this and the last decade.Well here he ramps up all those fears in what is a stunning blow your socks off,ambitious,satisfying wrap-up? to the Batman Mythology.This further ensures that Nolan's legendary achievement of turning out an awesome trilogy that will rank up there with Lord Of The Rings as one of the greatest trilogy's ever.

Christian Bale once again gives us a deeply disturbed hero,who has had his heart and soul tore apart,first with the murder of his parents,and then his love of his life,and yet we know we all need him to heal to save us.We see a weakened and dare i say it a sad wreak of a hero who might just fail,and lose all he has left,and this is perfectly played by Bale,as we not only see the Batman fall into an abyss of loss and hate,but Wayne's own empire has been taken from him.Micheal Cane as Alfred tries to get Bruce to leave to make a life of his own,to have a family instead of taking on all the wrongs of the world.This set up gives us the best performance we have seen from these too in any of the previous two films,and gives this film it's heart.Yet for a Batman film we don't get to much of the bat,instead we get a powerful drama of loss,greed,corruption,where the people at the top have forgotten those below them,where terror rules the streets.Where many bury there heads in the sand hopping for better days,or hope that somebody somewhere will stand up for the ordinary folk who just want a decent life.Yeah this film is full on in the whats gone wrong with the world around us,and the actors all come up to the mark to help carry this heavy dark story.

Anne Hathaway on the other hand provides The Dark Knight Rises with most of its lighter moments,and looks hot/sexy as she slices through bad guys with some real high kicking.I like the way she carry's off her role as a professional cat burglar who has had enough of the city and wants out,yet below her bravura she knows what is right and wrong and when to step back.And for me i was glad she didn't descend into a more comic role as others have done,again this is due to a script that wants to be based in the real world,though still it is only a movie??.Then there's Tom Hardy as Bane the main villain,and he had a mountain to climb,he and Nolan knew they could not hope to match Ledger's Joker,and they don't try.Here we have a quite menacing,brooding killer,but he's no psycho he has a plan,and he will use brute force and lies to get what he wants,and he has his reasons as we find out later.The Joker on the other hand was chilling,a psycho who would kill for no reason,who just loved to see the world burn,and came close to doing just that.Hardy in his acting ability shows even with his voice muted and half a mask on,he is a powerhouse in the way he carries himself and the look of true believable menace in his eyes.

Gary Oldman and Morgan Freeman once again do what they do best,superb acting,another great performance from both on the screen.And there's so many more great actors it's unfair to just pick a few,But i must mention Joseph Gordon Levitt, who is consistently proving himself to be a decent actor,but here he takes this with both hands and delivers his best role to date.Here in this film in his role as officer Blake,i felt like there could've been more,but that's the same with Marion Cotillard.In her role of Miranda Tate she underplays it admirably,but for good reason as all will come clear though after watching this film.And there's so many more,with a rich and diverse collection of great co-stars with great acting,and a great full blooded script so full of dialog,and yet very few one liners.

Nolan has equaled The Dark Knight,and that is as much as you could expected,yet there are times i felt this could of been so much more.For this is a highly emotionally charged film,that has so many threads and levels,that it looks like it just might burst.From it's opening shot,you know Nolan is out to out do his master class in comic book hero films,with a truly breath taking opening.The tension and terror never take a back seat,even at nearly 3 hours long,as he perfectly blends real action and CGI with out a line in sight.In fact i wonder if he like in Dark Knight just blew the fuck out of real buildings,but on this scale we reach epic war levels.The action when it comes is just awesome,and it's due to Christopher Nolan's vision that it never overtakes the deep story line,yet he crafts a real piece of art with thousands of extras,like when blowing up a football field,or the battle between the cops and Bane's army.It also Has an amazing soundtrack composed by Hans Zimmer,who almost tops his last Dark Knight score,with an even darker sound,it realy feels as if this is a battle cry of a score.In fact it's time Nolan and Han's got the Oscar for best director,best score,but this film may be to close to the truth about the faceless ones who run this world,and care little for those at the bottom.Long Live The Dark Knight Rises for we need a film like to release those pent up emotions we thought that they had drown with there lies.

"You listen to me now,i will find you and i will kill you!"

Post #: 245
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 25/7/2012 9:22:19 PM   
Vadersville

quote:

ORIGINAL: demoncleaner

quote:

What? That makes no sense. You're saying that Bruce's arc is that its selfish to die if their are people dependent on you but okay to die if you are saving those said people. What do you base that on?

Oh I don't know, just a little beardy guy named Jesus? You might have heard of him?

I really want to respond to your reply but I'm worried now it will just descend into some stupid debate over the merits of religion. I will just say this: Jesus does NOT appear in The Dark Knight Rises. I was asking you to show me how evidence in the film that illustrates / validates your theory on what you believe Bruce's arc was, not to use a religious figure to justify the sentiments of your proposed arc. Seeing as this is a Dark Knight Rises film thread, can we please stick to talking just about Batman?

< Message edited by Vadersville -- 25/7/2012 10:32:10 PM >

Post #: 246
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 25/7/2012 9:35:44 PM   
great_badir

quote:

I really want to respond to your reply but I'm worried now it will just descend into some stupid date over the merits of religion.

Awwww, but you two would make a really sweet couple...

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

Post #: 247
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 25/7/2012 9:41:55 PM   
demoncleaner

quote:

quote:

quote:

I really want to respond to your reply but I'm worried now it will just descend into some stupid date over the merits of religion. I will just say this: Jesus does NOT appear in The Dark Knight Rises. I was asking you to show me how evidence in the film that illustrates / validates your theory on what you believe Bruce's arc was, not to use a religious figure to justify the sentiments of your proposed arc. Seeing as this is a Dark Knight Rises film thread, can we please stick to talking just about Batman?

Jesus is in every film...kinda like Harry Dean Stanton in the 70's.

Post #: 248
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 25/7/2012 9:55:05 PM   
Qwerty Norris

quote:

Jesus is in every film...kinda like Harry Dean Stanton in the 70's.

Qwerty's Top 10 of 2013 (so far)

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
9. The Place Beyond the Pines
10. Wreck-it Ralph

Post #: 249
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 25/7/2012 10:15:37 PM   
Cool Breeze

Anyone recognise the dude who plays T'ealc in Stargate SG-1 as one of Banes goons near the end? Oddly enough William Devane plays the president in this and played the president in Stargate as well.

Proof that Nolans Batverse and Stargate share the same continuity? Maybe that actually was T'ealc who had finally gotten sick of being a good guy for Sg-1 and went back to his villainous ways!

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to Qwerty Norris)
Post #: 250
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 25/7/2012 10:33:11 PM   
Vadersville

quote:

ORIGINAL: great_badir

quote:

I really want to respond to your reply but I'm worried now it will just descend into some stupid date over the merits of religion.

Awwww, but you two would make a really sweet couple...

I er... don't know what you're talking about... It doesn't say that... never did!

(in reply to great_badir)
Post #: 251
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 25/7/2012 11:16:02 PM   
Hood_Man

Cillian Murphy was less crazy looking in this film than he was in the previous two

Post #: 252
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 25/7/2012 11:24:15 PM   
Vadersville

quote:

Cillian Murphy was less crazy looking in this film than he was in the previous two

You think so? I mean sure, he wasn't wearing his scarecrow mask but I liked how his suit was coming apart at the seams...

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 253
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 25/7/2012 11:40:17 PM   
Lang

quote:

He was the judge dishing out the same sentence to everyone.

He seemed crazier than in the Dark Knight

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 254
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 25/7/2012 11:51:28 PM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

Jesus does NOT appear in The Dark Knight Rises.

WHAT.

Spoiler warnings, PLEASE.

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

Post #: 255
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 26/7/2012 1:28:40 AM   
themightyhutch

Finally saw it today and was completely blown away by it. It really was the perfect way to end the trilogy and close off Bruce Wayne's arc.

The Performances were fantastic, Michael Caine being a highlight but with Bale, Hathaway and Oldman (who was definitely channelling his role in Tinker Tailor in this). Hardy was also a brilliant villain, taking the pressure of following the Joker with a completely different, brutal and intense performance. Wasn't sold on the voice at first, but it got a lot better as the film went on. I'd have preferred it to be a bit wheezier like the first full trailer but I understand why it wasn't like that.

The final 30 minutes of course need to be mentioned because they fantastic. What Nolan manages so well is to draw you in and then think that nothing is beyond him. In this film the stakes genuinely feel high. I wasn't sure who was going to make it if anyone, and that kept me on the edge of my seat wondering how this was going to pan out. It's a testament to Nolan's abilities that despite knowing a fair bit about the storylines from the comics, I was so engrossed in the film that the Talia reveal still completely floored me. The final moments of the film didn't bother me at all, in fact I welcomed them. Nolan gave Bruce a proper ending. Bruce's legacy lives on but he is able to move on and start a new life where he can be truly happy and at peace. Giving the mantle (seemingly) to JGL also worked for me. It showed that Bruce may have gone but Batman hasn't and in keeping with the themes of the other two films, he can still act as a symbol of resistance against crime in Gotham. The Robin thing was somewhat on the nose, but I imagine audiences would have found it amusing if Blake had replied when asked his name, "Dick".

What happens next is of course a mystery. Whether WB will reboot the film with JGL or a new Bruce Wayne is still unknown to us. In a perfect world, Bruce Wayne's story is done, dusted and can be left now. Wayne and his story is so clearly Nolan and Bale's journey that it would seem pointless to revisit without them. But with Batman being such a moneyspinner it seems nigh on impossible that WB will leave it here. It would be important for them to remember that it is Nolan's Batman that is such a moneyspinner but nonetheless, this franchise will continue in some form. Hopefully with this ending Bruce Wayne can be left alone, and he's given Batman a solid foundation for something new. Blake is an entirely different character, with entirely different motivations. Maybe now we can see a more detective based story and the story can "reboot" from a different character's point of view.

Whatever ends up happening all I know is that I enjoyed the ending to the journey I have made with Nolan's world. The film has stayed in my mind and I imagine it won't move for quite some time. I have IMAX tickets booked for August, and I'm already itching to see it again.

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 256
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 26/7/2012 1:33:51 AM   
Hood_Man

quote:

You think so? I mean sure, he wasn't wearing his scarecrow mask but I liked how his suit was coming apart at the seams...

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lang
He was the judge dishing out the same sentence to everyone.

He seemed crazier than in the Dark Knight

I'm talking about his performance, here he was just yelling out sentences. He's a cartoon mouse short of a tea party because the film says he is, but he looked more deranged when he was interviewing Falcone in Begins, and was all glassy eyed in The Dark Knight.

[EDIT]

Not that it really matters, it's an amusing little observation, nothing more.

< Message edited by Hood_Man -- 26/7/2012 1:58:56 AM >

(in reply to Lang)
Post #: 257
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 26/7/2012 2:44:50 AM   
Hood_Man

Hathaway had really scary teeth too. Not ugly teeth, but when she bared them it was sinister, some of the best moments of the film were hers

Makes me wonder who would win in a fight between her and an out of shape Batman... Actually, no it doesn't, she'd win.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 258
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 26/7/2012 8:39:00 AM   
elab49

I got slightly befuddled answering a question last night then realised I didn't know the answer.

Does Gotham know Batman is Wayne now? I'd assume not as it wasn't in the voiceover at the end, will stuff etc. But if not - why not? Batman disappears, Wayne disappears - Batman returns, Wayne returns - Batman dead, Wayne dead.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 259
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 26/7/2012 10:13:16 AM   
st3veebee

Here's something: we don't actually know if Bane is dead. Sure, one of his anaestheic tubes was severed and he was shot at close range by whatever kind of super-shotgun blast the batmobike produces, BUT:  He does wear heavy armour on his chest.

Maybe Bane is stiil alive?Ver yvery unlikely but I like to think that there is a glimmer of hope. ##

Speaking of Cilian Murphy: I thought he was great considering he has about 5 lines!

Latest Films:

Two days in New York: 4/5

Prometheus: 3.5/5

Abe Lincoln: VH 3/5

Twin Peaks: FWWM 3.5/5

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 260
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 26/7/2012 10:35:33 AM   
demoncleaner

From the available evidence I think we’d have to say they don’t know as there’s no posthumous tribute to Bruce as there is for Batman. It’d be extremely naïve of them not to cop on, but no more so that than not recognising Clark Kent. Playing devil’s advocate for Gotham’s general naivety on this front I’d say there’s equal likelihood that Bruce was a victim of Bane’s purge of the wealthy.  Witnesses could report the last sighting of him was at his capture by the mercenaries then a masked woman coming in and saying “Bane wants these ones himself”.  He wasn’t seen since. I think the citizens of Gotham are a naturally non-curious people.   They’re like Australians.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 261
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 26/7/2012 10:45:51 AM   
elab49

quote:

Here's something: we don't actually know if Bane is dead. Sure, one of his anaestheic tubes was severed and he was shot at close range by whatever kind of super-shotgun blast the batmobike produces, BUT:  He does wear heavy armour on his chest.

Maybe Bane is stiil alive?Ver yvery unlikely but I like to think that there is a glimmer of hope. ##

Speaking of Cilian Murphy: I thought he was great considering he has about 5 lines!

I'd say not - the thing he was shot with blew out the blockage in the tunnel. I don't think heavy armour would be much use. Although it was an oddly lowkey ending.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 262
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 26/7/2012 11:01:23 AM   
superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

I'd say not - the thing he was shot with blew out the blockage in the tunnel. I don't think heavy armour would be much use. Although it was an oddly lowkey ending.

I thought that. Beats Batman half to death, terrorises a city and then just gets shot like some run-of-the-mill gangster. I assume that we're supposed to think, just for a second, that Bane has actually shot Batman, but it still seems a bit abrupt.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 263
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 26/7/2012 11:37:11 AM   
TheFuzz_1989

quote:

ORIGINAL:
Playing devil’s advocate for Gotham’s general naivety on this front I’d say there’s equal likelihood that Bruce was a victim of Bane’s purge of the wealthy.  Witnesses could report the last sighting of him was at his capture by the mercenaries then a masked woman coming in and saying “Bane wants these ones himself”.  He wasn’t seen since. I think the citizens of Gotham are a naturally non-curious people. They’re like Australians.

Oi, we aren't always like that, we just don't care about shit much, and shit, you know?

Speaking of which, any Aussies on the forum that got to see this in the Sydney IMAX are privileged to say the least. That screen is an absolute monster. All there is in Perth is some run down Hoyts Digital IMAX which fares no better than your average screen, yet charges nearly double

RE the Bane death cop out, to be honest it was either that or a face full of gauntlets ala Dark Knight. There weren't many ways to get out of that situation, not to mention Batman wouldn't have been able to fight him what with the stab wound. Would have been cool to see Catwoman maybe use those Stilleto/blade heels to permantly break Banes mask, though, making him finally succumb to his wounds.

< Message edited by TheFuzz_1989 -- 26/7/2012 11:38:30 AM >

Post #: 264
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 26/7/2012 11:59:12 AM   
Cool Breeze

I had no issue with Banes death.After all, he wasnt the real villain of the piece and was only a henchman for Talia.And Batman doesnt kill people so it was appropriate that someone with less idealistic values like Selina should finish him off.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to TheFuzz_1989)
Post #: 265
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 26/7/2012 12:01:29 PM   
demoncleaner

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheFuzz_1989

quote:

ORIGINAL:
Playing devil's advocate for Gotham's general naivety on this front I'd say there's equal likelihood that Bruce was a victim of Bane's purge of the wealthy.  Witnesses could report the last sighting of him was at his capture by the mercenaries then a masked woman coming in and saying "Bane wants these ones himself”.  He wasn't seen since. I think the citizens of Gotham are a naturally non-curious people. They're like Australians.

Oi, we aren't always like that, we just don't care about shit much, and shit, you know?

Re Bane's exit:  I didn't have a problem with it.  He goes out, not with a round from your average pea-shooter but with a blast from the mighty pod cannon, something we've only seen on armoured vehicles.  That's pretty flattering in a way.  Pretty... wait for it... flattening too.

Post #: 266
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 26/7/2012 2:55:43 PM   
st3veebee

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

I had no issue with Banes death.After all, he wasnt the real villain of the piece and was only a henchman for Talia.And Batman doesnt kill people so it was appropriate that someone with less idealistic values like Selina should finish him off.

I felt very leftdown by it, and even if Talia is the main "Bad Guy": her end was rubbish as well. Mostly due to her sudden poor acting but it was a poor sign off by anyones standards.

Then again perhaps a big Arnie one liner superdeath wouldn't really fit in with Nolan's films.

Latest Films:

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 267
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 26/7/2012 3:22:12 PM   
TheFuzz_1989

quote:

quote:

I felt very leftdown by it, and even if Talia is the main "Bad Guy": her end was rubbish as well. Mostly due to her sudden poor acting but it was a poor sign off by anyones standards.

Then again perhaps a big Arnie one liner superdeath wouldn't really fit in with Nolan's films.

Yeah Talias death was rubbish. I would have liked some sort of fight, at least see some physical payoff for what she did to Bruce. But nope, we just got a death that very much resembles Räs's. I guess the only factor might have been Batman's physical state, as with the Bane death.

Actually, if Talia died in the crash, how did Gordon survive tossing about in the back of the truck, with not much to hold on to apart from the bomb?

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 268
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 26/7/2012 3:44:50 PM   
st3veebee

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheFuzz_1989

quote:

quote:

Yeah Talias death was rubbish. I would have liked some sort of fight, at least see some physical payoff for what she did to Bruce. But nope, we just got a death that very much resembles Räs's. I guess the only factor might have been Batman's physical state, as with the Bane death.

Actually, if Talia died in the crash, how did Gordon survive tossing about in the back of the truck, with not much to hold on to apart from the bomb?

Talias legs and abdomen were crushed by the front of the truck folding inwards wasn' she? You're right about Gordon though, there was a titter that went around the audience when Gordon springs out of the back of the truck that just crashed.  I suppose a giant Neutron Bomb is basically like a pillow in a way.

Latest Films:

Post #: 269
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 26/7/2012 4:00:33 PM   
Deviation

I heard some laughter during that Gordon moment as well.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 270
Page:   <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: The Dark Knight Rises Page: <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI