Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Dark Knight Rises

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: The Dark Knight Rises Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 23/7/2012 4:47:48 PM   
Jaded_Parrot

quote:

ORIGINAL: filmfanatic123

I really enjoyed The Dark Knight Rises, but it could have been better in my eyes.

A lot of what I was going to say has already been said, but I felt that it could have done with another half hour to really add to its emotional tone.

The twist at the end felt a bit forced, and the fight scenes looked piss poor in my opinion. I got the feeling than Nolan was trying to channel some Bourne into the fights, but it came across as clunky and scripted to me.

Also, the ending is very, very clever. And it'll leave people wondering for years, especially if nobody touches the trilogy - which I really hope happens. This deserves to end with TDKR, it doesn't need a reboot or a sequel.

I also loved the dialogue, as I thought it was incredibly dense and really well acted. It's a good movie, but I don't think its a truly great one like The Dark Knight - 4/5.

Havnt they already said they're rebooting it becuase they want to do a justice league movie and that this Batman wont fit well into it.

I do think Nolan likes his supporting cast members as it could have been a dream within a dream at some points. Still didnt take away from the fact that it was awesome.
Im not understanding why people are wondering about the end either i thought it was all pretty crystal clear to me.

What are people confused about?

(in reply to filmfanatic123)
Post #: 151
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 23/7/2012 4:51:27 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

A small example - on my second viewing I couldn't get over how clean the streets of Gotham were. After three months without garbage being collected you could have expected bin bags everywhere - but what bins we saw were pretty much empty. Now for other people that would be nitpicking -

It really is nitpicking though. Maybe Gotham's old grannies got together to sweep their front steps. Maybe Bane's mob had a team of street cleaners on the go, or kept the current Gotham street cleaners on a "work or die" basis. They would've had to otherwise how would they have managed to get around with all the crap littering the streets? And notice how there was running electricity and (assuming) water supplies? I suspect they kept Gotham's basic services and infrastructure going somehow, they would have needed to to survive themselves, its just a plot point which isn't that important and doesn't need to be analysed to such a degree.

And tbh the streets looked no cleaner than 28 Days Later.

< Message edited by Spaldron -- 23/7/2012 4:52:04 PM >

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 152
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 23/7/2012 4:56:04 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

quote:

A small example - on my second viewing I couldn't get over how clean the streets of Gotham were. After three months without garbage being collected you could have expected bin bags everywhere - but what bins we saw were pretty much empty. Now for other people that would be nitpicking -

It really is nitpicking though. Maybe Gotham's old grannies got together to sweep their front steps. Maybe Bane's mob had a team of street cleaners on the go, or kept the current Gotham street cleaners on a "work or die" basis. They would've had to otherwise how would they have managed to get around with all the crap littering the streets? And notice how there was running electricity and (assuming) water supplies? I suspect they kept Gotham's basic services and infrastructure going somehow, they would have needed to to survive themselves, its just a plot point which isn't that important and doesn't need to be analysed to such a degree.

They really did look cleaner - spotless. Your brain registers stuff like this - it adds to the lack of a city in chaos. And it is just part of the wider point - we never, ever see the impact all of this had on the people of Gotham. No where do we see any sense of things breaking down, or people losing hope.

I paid particular attention to this point on my second viewing. Post stadium you see a quick shot of some civillians on the bridge and one when they come out their homes. Otherwise there is nothing. The city feels souless. The spotless streets (when you see it again, keep an eye out) help build up a sense that cutting off the people didn't amount to much at all.

Which compare with TDK - we see crowds, we see reactions. We see the impact Joker has on normal people. None of that here.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 153
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 23/7/2012 5:09:58 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

quote:

quote:

They really did look cleaner - spotless. Your brain registers stuff like this - it adds to the lack of a city in chaos. And it is just part of the wider point - we never, ever see the impact all of this had on the people of Gotham. No where do we see any sense of things breaking down, or people losing hope.

I paid particular attention to this point on my second viewing. Post stadium you see a quick shot of some civillians on the bridge and one when they come out their homes. Otherwise there is nothing. The city feels souless. The spotless streets (when you see it again, keep an eye out) help build up a sense that cutting off the people didn't amount to much at all.

Which compare with TDK - we see crowds, we see reactions. We see the impact Joker has on normal people. None of that here.

Maybe after three or four months of it the people were to scared to leave their homes or were holed up in shelters like Gordon's team. If Edinburgh was overrun by Bane's gang I wouldn't go out.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 154
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 23/7/2012 5:11:48 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Maybe after three or four months of it the people were to scared to leave their homes or were holed up in shelters like Gordon's team. If Edinburgh was overrun by Bane's gang I wouldn't go out.

Seemed fine for Gordon and everyone else to move about.

But the point is we simply don't know. The film never tells us, and thus most of the film seems like Batman is trying to protect property and infrastruture.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 155
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 23/7/2012 5:14:28 PM   
UTB

I assumed the cleanliness was controlled by Bane and the need for several decoy trucks to be able to move freely around at will. That and it seemed most people were probably terrified of leaving their house, let alone popping outside to do their recycling.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 156
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 23/7/2012 5:18:08 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: UTB

I assumed the cleanliness was controlled by Bane and the need for several decoy trucks to be able to move freely around at will. That and it seemed most people were probably terrified of leaving their house, let alone popping outside to do their recycling.

I dunno - Modine seemed to have a quite a nice house five months in.

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 157
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 23/7/2012 5:26:30 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Seemed fine for Gordon and everyone else to move about.

But the point is we simply don't know. The film never tells us, and thus most of the film seems like Batman is trying to protect property and infrastruture.

Yes but Gordon's team had guns and were (presumably) trained.

One issue I had was the logic behind sending 3000 cops underground. It just wouldn't make sense to send nearly every cop into a single location to get trapped, and surely Gotham had more than a 3000 strong police force?

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 158
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 23/7/2012 5:33:15 PM   
Rob

That's actually a good point. Given that the Metropolitan police has nearly 32,000 police officers no wonder Gotham is a haven for crime. That said the fan boy in me can easily rationalise this by saying Batman is worth 29,000 police officers* therefore you only need 3,000!

* meant as a joke and no offence meant to anyone who is, was, shall be, or knows a police officer

Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 159
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 23/7/2012 5:33:42 PM   
Rgirvan44

Gordon was hardly doing stealth like leaps everywhere - and people were allowed out - we saw queues for food parcels.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 160
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 23/7/2012 6:19:42 PM   
cheevers4ever

For me TDKR is a masterpiece and Nolan has finished off the greatest Trilogy ever. I'm really surprised at some of the negative reviews from some in the media cause I really taught this ticked all the boxes of how a Summer blockbuster should be. I loved Bale in this, his best performance as Batman shown a man getting older, wearing down from years of beatings and sucidial after losing his love of his life. No way would any other Superhero franchise would go that way. Micheal Caine, Gary oldman and Morgan Freeman gave their usual great performances. Caine's speech about not wanting to see Bruce die was the most touching and heartfelt scene in the three films. Tom Hardy was great, yes he's not Heath Ledger Joker great but still he commanded the scene and surely this will give him a deserving push up the Holllywood ranks. The biggest Flaw in the film was Bane's death really sucked and the character deserved a better send off.

Gordon Levitt was a great coup to the film but the star of this film is Ann Hathaway as Selena aka Catwoman, she's sassy, sexy and kickass anti hero. With this trilogy Nolan has set himself up for life as a Hollywood main player, opening weekend of 162 million with it been only a 2d film is amazing and the tragic shooting probably had an effect which is understandable.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 161
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 24/7/2012 12:12:50 AM   
Lang

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: great_badir

Selina Kyle is underdeveloped, Bane is nowhere near brutal enough (althought it is a 12A I guess...), the epic-scale siege mentality thing rarely works for me in any form of entertainment, the whole underground prison with Tom Conti seems a bit flabby and misplaced, I don't buy into this fascination with Marion Cotillard, Matthew Modine looks REALLY old...

But I enjoyed it and found myself (unusually for me) forgiving its shortcomings, and think it's a fitting close to Nolan's Gotham, leaving a trilogy which is, probably, the definitive word on the matter. And the best bit of Rises is, obviously, William Devane as the president.

Maggie Gyllenhaal aside, The Dark Knight is still the best and most complex part of the trilogy for me (althouth I do need to re-watch Begins, as I haven't seen that since the flicks).

That was bafflingly random, wasn't it. I think they were also slightly stumped because it would have looked a bit odd to pretend Lucius was the President's long lost twin brother.

I was hoping for Lex Luthor as the President

#6 member of The Wire fan club. PM Dantes Inferno to join.

PS Tag Riddle_Me_This

'Winter is Coming'

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 162
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 24/7/2012 12:22:15 AM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: cheevers4ever

only a 2d film

This seems to imply that 3D is better.

It isn't.

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to cheevers4ever)
Post #: 163
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 24/7/2012 1:27:46 AM   
Larry of Arabia

Saw it today and loved it, a fitting and surprisingly emotional end. I've not yet read the entire thread, I'm just on a thought-dump of favourite moments:

- Bane's fucking ridiculous voice was awesome. I really wasn't sure about it when he was talking on the plane, but in all his other scenes - particularly in his subterranean fight with Batman - it was wonderfully villainous and hammy. I really can't remember hearing another villain's voice that made me laugh, do a double take and a WTF at the same time. Fantastic. Someone put that on a sat-nav.

- Bale has got his Batman growl down pat completely for TDKR. It was great in Begins (the Flass interrogation being the highlight) but for some reason it wobbled in TDK. It's back to its best here - the best example being when he is whaling on Bane during their final scene together (WHERE'S THE TRIGGER???? AAAAAARGGHHH!!!!).

- Michael Caine and his scenes with Bale - his moments at Bruce's grave and their café meeting were tragic/wonderful.

- It had more humour that actually hit the spot than either Begins or TDK. I don't know what it is but the sight gags in the last two don't do it for me and feel forced (shaggers trying to get in the "panic room" in TDK comes to mind as an example) - here it felt more natural. When the Bat flew out of the alley, the dude's hat just spiralled off his head while he had this dopey grin on his face, hilarious.

- Great ensemble and general scope was really impressive. I felt it could have gone on longer because there was so much interesting stuff going on, and I liked how it incorporated all of the Batman stuff we've had in the two previous films down to Neeson and Murphy.

- I really loved Bane's ridiculous voice I have to say, again.

- I think the passage of time was done really well. Everyone from TDK seemed genuinely knackered, especially Bruce and his Howard Hughes dressing gown/beard combo. Everyone except Nestor Carbonell, that is, the handsome bastard.

- Cameos from actors you have seen somewhere before - Modine, that guy from Prison Break (in the prison, wink wink), Devane, probably more.

- As someone genuinely gullible and trusting when it comes to plot twists, Nolan is my kind of film-maker, in that he leaves small hints beforehand that foreshadow events subtly and take on extra significance only after the fact (like the autopilot thingy).

The only thing I would say against it was that I was expecting more of Catwoman. She was more like Batman's bitchy sidekick than a character in her own right sometimes but Hathaway did well. Oh and the streets were really clean! Get it together Nolan, ferchrissakes.

"Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt."

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 164
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 24/7/2012 1:44:11 AM   
Spaldron

TDKR grosses $249 Million Worldwide in three days and its still got another 42 territories to open in between now and mid-August.

Noticed that it only made £2m more than TDK did so I'm guessing the massacre put a lot of parents off seeing the film.

(in reply to Larry of Arabia)
Post #: 165
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 24/7/2012 9:26:58 AM   
UTB

quote:

TDKR grosses $249 Million Worldwide in three days and its still got another 42 territories to open in between now and mid-August.

Noticed that it only made £2m more than TDK did so I'm guessing the massacre put a lot of parents off seeing the film.

I don't think this will have had that big an impact, to be honest. If its doing about the same as TDK then its hitting the same audiences, no?

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 166
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 24/7/2012 9:38:14 AM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: UTB

quote:

I don't think this will have had that big an impact, to be honest. If its doing about the same as TDK then its hitting the same audiences, no?

Actually with the increase in ticket prices over the same time period it is likely LESS people went to see Rises this weekend than TDK.

But as I said in the BO I don't think you can draw anything from this weekend. Attendence was way down everywhere.

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 167
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 24/7/2012 11:08:53 AM   
Vadersville

Okay I take back one of my previous statements. I had originally stated that I wished we hadn't actually seen Bruce and Selina in the cafe and it had ended just on Alfred smiling. I take it back. The exisiting way is better. For two reason:
One, if we hadn't seen them then these silly "Bruce died and Alfred's just imagining the whole thing" fools would actually have some ammunition.
Two, because Nolan has done something the comics never can / will do. He's given Bruce Wayne, a character I love and care about, a happy ending. For that alone I love this film.
A flawed masterpiece but a masterpiece none the less.

Confusion is a way of life, not a state of mind

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 168
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 24/7/2012 11:36:57 AM   
Discodez

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vadersville

Okay I take back one of my previous statements. I had originally stated that I wished we hadn't actually seen Bruce and Selina in the cafe and it had ended just on Alfred smiling. I take it back. The exisiting way is better. For two reason:
One, if we hadn't seen them then these silly "Bruce died and Alfred's just imagining the whole thing" fools would actually have some ammunition.
Two, because Nolan has done something the comics never can / will do. He's given Bruce Wayne, a character I love and care about, a happy ending. For that alone I love this film. A flawed masterpiece but a masterpiece none the less.

Me too...

Although I have to point out that in one of the DC incarnations Bruce does retire and marry Selina Kyle, they have a daughter together called (quick check on wiki) Helena

< Message edited by Discodez -- 24/7/2012 11:39:38 AM >

(in reply to Vadersville)
Post #: 169
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 24/7/2012 11:41:35 AM   
Vadersville

quote:

ORIGINAL: Discodez

quote:

Two, because Nolan has done something the comics never can / will do. He's given Bruce Wayne, a character I love and care about, a happy ending. For that alone I love this film. A flawed masterpiece but a masterpiece none the less.

Me too...

Although I have to point out that in one of the DC incarnations Bruce does retire and marry Selina Kyle, they have a daughter together called (quick check on wiki) Helena

I'm aware of Helena, she becomes Huntress but as far as I remember it's hardly a happy ending... ( I won't post spoilers in case people on here haven't read it.)

(in reply to Discodez)
Post #: 170
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 24/7/2012 11:54:25 AM   
KnightofZyryab

I am still processing/ingesting the colossus that is The Dark Knight Rises (I saw it on Friday even) but here are my thoughts.

Fundamentally I thought it was a magnificent film with some truly audacious set pieces, several outstanding performances and an intelligent return to the grand themes which underpinned Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, and as the end of the Batman mythos under Nolan, I was satisfied with the way the elements developed in the first two films were tied up. With each film there has been a modulation in the threat against Gotham and Batman, and Bane was the perfect choice to complete the trilogy - whereas the Joker was bent on causing chaos and playing sick social experiments with Gotham, Bane is intent on staging a revolution with the aim of completely dominating Gotham, whilst bringing Batman to his knees. As the brute force that is Bane, Tom Hardy was superb casting. Although obviously a very different performance to Ledger's iconic Joker, he brings a palpable menace to Bane that makes you really fear Batman won't make it out of this one alive - as he almost doesn't. Much has been made of the voice, and admittedly there were some lines of dialogue I couldn't quite make out, but in reality it's a very minor issue compared to what is an incredible, imaginative vocal performance from Hardy. It's both a metallic, alien sound but with elements of a booming theatricality that reflects Bane's core of belief in unmitigated, colossal destruction. The calmness of his voice during his first confrontation with Batman was truly chilling to hear, especially as we watch Bats have his ass handed to him, and eventually his back broken, following the Knightfall storyline of the graphic novels. That scene in particular is one of the best in the film, with some superb lines uttered by Bane, such as the difference between Batman adopting the darkness, and Bane being born in it.

Along with Hardy TDKR possibly boasts the strongest accompanying ensemble out of the trilogy. Perhaps the standout among many great performances is Anne Hathaway as Catwoman, who captures the moral dualism and edge of misanthropy in Selina Kyle brilliantly whilst bringing a dry humour to the role which provides for some delightfully prickly scenes between her and Bale. In short, it is refreshing to finally have a strong female performance in the trilogy, and ultimately the most interesting one since she reflects Bruce Wayne's duality much closer than did the relatively bland Rachel Dawes. Along with Hathaway I was really quite impressed with Joseph Gordon Levitt as Blake, whose idealistic 'hot head' is a mirror of Bruce Wayne's tragedy, except born into drastically opposite circumstances. I thought his first scene with Bale was superbly written and acted, and the line about Blake knowing who Bruce Wayne really was because of the visage he wore when visiting the orphanage was memorable and hugely emotional. As with BB and TDK, Michael Caine as Alfred is the emotional backbone of the film and delivers some truly heartbreaking lines - his departure from Bruce midway through the film was simply beautiful acting between the two. Morgan Freeman and Gary Oldman provide reliably strong support although Gordon is given less to do this time around and is less central to the plot than TDK, but as events come full circle the plot strand built up in the second film about deserving and necessary heroes is concluded with pathos as the Commissioner unveils the eulogised statue of the Batman - a concretisation of the symbol intended to inspire the people of Gotham. Throughout all three films I loved the way Nolan interrogated the meaning of legend in the collective imagination and progressively layered this theme, and for anyone who has read the graphic novels it shows a respect for the kind of questions posed within the source material. Nolan should be applauded for spectacular, mould breaking cinema but also for having the audacity to push his audiences more cerebrally. Related to this Bane's motivations are interesting for the (intentionally or not) modern echoes of social upheaval, wealth divide and people's revolutions - it's a still a moot point for me how to take these references, but I'll say that it's lazy to slap on a fascistic interpretation of the films because the films are really not that simple. I'll have more to say on this once more people have seen the film (I need a rewatch!) but it's why I find Nolan's films fascinating - more often than not they are bursting with ideas.

As for weak points the Miranda Tate is Talia al Ghul twist was one I anticipated but disappointed by in the end; the character needs more than half a film for development and to pull out a volte-face at that particular point in the film was a misinformed decision. Marion Cotillard is a good choice but if the twist was envisioned earlier in the series it should have been developed earlier, maybe in Begins, and as it occurs it just feels like a late, cheap parlor trick (I realise a lot of people have tried to paraphrase this line into their review ). Another thing which was a slight departure from the Nolanverse I thought was when nuclear bombs got involved - that all seemed very Marvel (no offence, I loved Avengers Assemble) to me, especially with Batman going on a suicide mission to drop the bomb over the ocean. Elsewhere Bane's death was a throwaway and I felt that the threat was doused even if Talia was still hell bent on blowing Gotham to ashes - I would rather have seen Batman end the Bane threat by forcing Bane's submission rather than watching Talia die. Regarding the ending I thought it was apt if not a bit set up - I agree however that just having Alfred acknowledge someone in the distance would have been confirmation enough rather than actually showing Bruce and Selina. The other pieces were already there with the Bat signal and autopilot in the Bat fixed.

Having seen the film in IMAX it's inescapable that I should mention the sheer impact of seeing TDKR in the ultimate format - for the reason of medium alone it was possibly the most memorable cinematic experience I've ever had, and if the action was spectacular in its own execution, it was amplified both visually and sonically in IMAX. The opening chase on the Batpod was an exhilarating experience alone, Bane's voice sounded incredible and Zimmer's score pulsed like a cannon throughout - although is possibly overused at times.

I accept that there are flawed moments in the film, but similar to some others on here for me the strong points vastly overwhelm the minor imperfections for me and all in all I thought it was a tremendous film, right by the benchmark set by the previous two films.

Imminent viewings : The Place Beyond the Pines

Read my blog at: http://alcentrodelaberinto.blogspot.com/

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 171
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 24/7/2012 11:57:24 AM   
KnightofZyryab

quote:

ORIGINAL: Larry of Arabia

Saw it today and loved it, a fitting and surprisingly emotional end. I've not yet read the entire thread, I'm just on a thought-dump of favourite moments:

- Bane's fucking ridiculous voice was awesome. I really wasn't sure about it when he was talking on the plane, but in all his other scenes - particularly in his subterranean fight with Batman - it was wonderfully villainous and hammy. I really can't remember hearing another villain's voice that made me laugh, do a double take and a WTF at the same time. Fantastic. Someone put that on a sat-nav.

Ha ha I love that description - it really is an amazing voice Hardy's managed to produce.

Imminent viewings : The Place Beyond the Pines

Read my blog at: http://alcentrodelaberinto.blogspot.com/

(in reply to Larry of Arabia)
Post #: 172
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 24/7/2012 12:02:05 PM   
Rob

quote:

Two, because Nolan has done something the comics never can / will do. He's given Bruce Wayne, a character I love and care about, a happy ending. For that alone I love this film.
A flawed masterpiece but a masterpiece none the less.

...and three: The look on Bales's face.

Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

Post #: 173
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 24/7/2012 12:22:51 PM   
sharkboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rob

That's actually a good point. Given that the Metropolitan police has nearly 32,000 police officers no wonder Gotham is a haven for crime. That said the fan boy in me can easily rationalise this by saying Batman is worth 29,000 police officers* therefore you only need 3,000!

* meant as a joke and no offence meant to anyone who is, was, shall be, or knows a police officer

Ah, but we don't know that it's every cop in Gotham.  It could just have been those precincts on the island part of the city, with many thousand still on the mainland.  3000 is still a pretty big task force, and things went south far too quickly to send in reinforcements before the bridge got blown.  And remember, it was cops on the bridge barricades that blocked Blake's attempts to get the kids to safety, so there were clearly some left.

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to Rob)
Post #: 174
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 24/7/2012 12:28:40 PM   
Rgirvan44

Indeed - it isn't the whole city that gets cut off - it is just the main island.

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 175
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 24/7/2012 12:32:38 PM   
elab49

The press bit about the exercise - didn't it refer to it being the whole city's force being involved? As Commissioner of the whole city, and deputy of the whole city, they seemed to be talking about all their cops.

I'd thought it was low because they'd made clear that crime had plummetted because organised crime had been wiped out by the Dent Act - hence the joke about all they had left to investigate was missing persons (and did he say cats up trees)? No crime - no need to maintain an overlarge force.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 176
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 24/7/2012 12:43:05 PM   
Cool Breeze

Who thinks the series doesnt need to be rebooted at all and that future films can focus on the adventures of Blake as the bew Batman? It seems like a waste to set up Joseph Gordon Levitts character as being the one to carry on after Wayne retiring only not to follow through on it.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 177
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 24/7/2012 12:43:51 PM   
Discodez

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Discodez

quote:

Me too...

I'm aware of Helena, she becomes Huntress but as far as I remember it's hardly a happy ending... ( I won't post spoilers in case people on here haven't read it.)

True enough, but they are happy for quite a while....

Post #: 178
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 24/7/2012 12:44:48 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

Who thinks the series doesnt need to be rebooted at all and that future films can focus on the adventures of Blake as the bew Batman? It seems like a waste to set up Joseph Gordon Levitts character as being the one to carry on after Wayne retiring only not to follow through on it.

Doubt it will happen. The themes of the Nolan films have come to an end.

No point going back to that well esp without Nolan directing.

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 179
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 24/7/2012 1:02:14 PM   
Vadersville

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

We were talking about this in work this morning. It stemmed for me saying that I'm ignoring the Robin comment and pretending that his legal name was Richard Grayson (which I suspect was the original line but changed because the studio didn't think the average movie-going audience wouldn't get the reference).

We started talking about if they might do a fourth film with Nolan as a producer and a different director (ala Man of Steel). On the one hand I want it to end on a high as a superb trilogy. But then on the other Nolan did leave it with plenty of possibilities that could be followwed up on and I love the idea of JGl as Nightwing... Clicky

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 180
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: The Dark Knight Rises Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI