Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Dark Knight Rises

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: The Dark Knight Rises Page: <<   < prev  25 26 [27] 28 29   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 25/1/2013 12:22:11 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phubbs

Troll me this ~ troll me that ~ who's afraid of the big MonsterCat?

1. Not trolling matey, merely making an observation which covers most forums, some folk will just not allow anything negative said about Nolan films period. All the huge amount of excuses and fumbling for answers is really pretty lame, as I've said before if it were any other film most everyone would harpoon it to death. 2. I think most folk do realise this but don't really wanna say. I'm not saying my opinion is final but its kinda obvious. If people don't wish to accept or discuss negative points about a film then they shouldn't enter a thread where varying comments will be made. Its a forum, this doesn't mean a 'TDKR' thread is purely for folk to all hold hands and praise the film in a big happy circle.

3. Telling me 'its tiresome' because someone is pointing out facts that let the film down is ridiculous. Its possibly tiresome for some people to have to read all the 'its awesome' comments made one after another. Again...its a thread for all views on all aspects. Believe it or not I come to the thread as I'm a Batman fan, not to 'troll'.

1. Except you are because you're ignoring the posts that are criticizing Rises and choosing to believe that we're Nolan sheep. It's clearly the actions of someone who isn't interested in debate and discussion and just wants to kick up the hornet's nest.

2. Don't presume to know what people are thinking. It's really irritating and you're making yourself look arrogant.

3. Ah, Ah, Ah - I didn't say that. I said you're trolling is tiresome. Just to be clear, you ignoring the posts that criticize Rises and then pretending everyone is a Nolan sheep is the thing I'm calling you and Danny out on. Not the fact that you hate the film, which is fine. Don't even fucking think about twisting my words, Sonny Jim.

quote:

You say we're 'pretending' that most of you are fanboys? yet barely anyone seems to have an opinion that isn't virtually the same in a sheep like manner to the rest of the masses. Then when someone does have a difference of opinion you all get bent out of shape and ring that old troll bell as usual. In all my life I've never known such behaviour with movies, its bizarre! its almost as if some people treat the situation like football and their taking sides to support.

In the context of THIS thread on THIS FORUM? Yeah, that's pretty much what you're doing here. There's a whole raft of posts in this thread which praises the film's strengths and criticizes it's weaknesses. Either you're pretending that these posts don't exist, or you're just not looking hard enough.

quote:

This is why I tend to stick to older films when reviewing, to avoid backlash from the younger folk who get all flustered.

Interesting. So what you're saying here is that you don't like people questioning your views? I don't think message boards are the place for you if this is case.

This is a message board for talking about films of any period. You're going to get people countering your reviews anyway. And I'm willing to bet that most would do so intelligently if you didn't act like such a condescending and egotistical fool.

The funny thing is that you and Dannybohy are the ones indulging in fanboy like behavior. All we're trying to do in here is debate and discuss the flick intelligently, and when you and DB saw that these posts don't 100% align with your negative views on Rises, you decided to kick up a fuss by trolling us. It's reverse fanboyism, essentially.

Y'know I did send a private message to you and Danny in which I asked you politely not to shit stir anymore, and you chose to treat me with condescension and arrogance.

I can see that you and Danny are not willing to meet me half-way with this trolling nonsense, so I'll leave you to it.

< Message edited by MonsterCat -- 25/1/2013 12:51:56 PM >

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Phubbs)
Post #: 781
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 25/1/2013 12:24:01 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

I can see that you and Danny are not willing to meet me half-way with this trolling nonsense, so I'll leave you to it.

I think point three in this article is worth reading

Trolls

It's pretty much why I avoid engaging with a good many posters on this forum these days, especially in this thread.

For the record I though TDKR was alright. It probably just scrapes 4 stars from me but it's easily the worst of the trilogy as far as I'm concerned.

< Message edited by Harry Tuttle -- 25/1/2013 12:25:40 PM >

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 782
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 25/1/2013 12:31:02 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Discodez

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

I know this is just me, but I got the sense that Nolan was just having fun with Rises. I doubt anyone expected TDK to be as big as it was, and that Nolan basically crammed everything he had left to say about Batman into that film. Then it exploded, and Nolan had to try and figure out a sequel.

I don't see the same level of engagement as I did in Inception and TDK. What I do see, is that he is kicking back and playing with the train set. Almost in the same way Wayne seems less hung up on the world, and more fun.

Coupled with that there seemed to be a desire to get away from the pitch blackness of TDK and the response it generated among fans. Bane is the total opposite of Joker, the plot could be taken from a comic book, and the grounded "realism" of the previous films takes a backseat.

It is the most fun film Nolan has made, but it also feels like there was a lack of attention applied. Perhaps not to the extent, that Scott didn't pay attention to the script of Prometheus, but along those lines.

Odd! I thought the characters appeared to be very much the same with the same plot to turn Gotham in on itself!... Begins was a nice idea, TDK was great but only because of Joker, which isn't great considering its a Batman movie. By the time I get into the first 10 min of TDKR i just want Batman to die, Alfred to die, Seline to die!!! its just so boring!! . Feels like he really couldn't be bothered and only made TDKR to fulfill some contract for a trilogy.

Why would a young boy (who was either not even born when Batman was last seen, or at most around 2 years old) be pining for the return of a local vigilante who was i widely known to be the murderer of the great White Knight DA !. Little Sicko

Why do I own Batman Begins and The Dark Knight on DVD! but have no intention of buying TDKR! yet take no responsibility for that fact!.. riddle me that!!

You're outdoing yourself in the pointless fuck-wittery stakes today Danny...

I won't bother explaining why you're wrong on both counts above as I actually believe you know already, you're just being intentionally obtuse.

You cant actually explain how my personal opinions are wrong. I guess that's why you haven't bothered.

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to Discodez)
Post #: 783
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 25/1/2013 12:33:08 PM   
jobloffski

quote:

quote:

I know this is just me, but I got the sense that Nolan was just having fun with Rises. I doubt anyone expected TDK to be as big as it was, and that Nolan basically crammed everything he had left to say about Batman into that film. Then it exploded, and Nolan had to try and figure out a sequel.

I don't see the same level of engagement as I did in Inception and TDK. What I do see, is that he is kicking back and playing with the train set. Almost in the same way Wayne seems less hung up on the world, and more fun.

Coupled with that there seemed to be a desire to get away from the pitch blackness of TDK and the response it generated among fans. Bane is the total opposite of Joker, the plot could be taken from a comic book, and the grounded "realism" of the previous films takes a backseat.

It is the most fun film Nolan has made, but it also feels like there was a lack of attention applied. Perhaps not to the extent, that Scott didn't pay attention to the script of Prometheus, but along those lines.

Odd! I thought the characters appeared to be very much the same with the same plot to turn Gotham in on itself!... Begins was a nice idea, TDK was great but only because of Joker, which isn't great considering its a Batman movie. By the time I get into the first 10 min of TDKR i just want Batman to die, Alfred to die, Seline to die!!! its just so boring!! . Feels like he really couldn't be bothered and only made TDKR to fulfill some contract for a trilogy.

[i]Why would a young boy (who was either not even born when Batman was last seen, or at most around 2 years old) be pining for the return of a local vigilante who was i widely known to be the murderer of the great White Knight DA !. Little Sicko

Why do I own Batman Begins and The Dark Knight on DVD! but have no intention of buying TDKR! yet take no responsibility for that fact!.. riddle me that!!

Because he had an older brother who would have been alive before Batman became 'the bad guy' and people, once they have a hero, want to believe in that hero. Older orphan brother tells little orphan brother about the Batman he looked up to, the one that saved the city.Older brother dies, Blake goes to tell little orphan about dead brother IS SURPRISED THAT LITTLE ORPHAN HAS HEARD OF BATMAN asks 'you've heard of him?' which means that yet another nit pick you throw out about the film as illogical is something the film, albeit subtly, actually has a character refer to.

I dislike some films. I don't waste time calling into question the brains or taste of people who do. What is the point? What is there to gain? What is your fucking problem?

Being rhetorical there. I've been a shit stirring prick about insulting people's taste in the past to get a rise too. Don't worry, you'll grow out of it.

Yes, dreamers dream and doers do. But if dreamers DON'T dream, doers don't have anything TO do. Everything that is only here because people exist, only exists because someone thought of it., or in other words, dreamed it.

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 784
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 25/1/2013 12:36:43 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: jobloffski

quote:

quote:

[i]Why would a young boy (who was either not even born when Batman was last seen, or at most around 2 years old) be pining for the return of a local vigilante who was i widely known to be the murderer of the great White Knight DA !. Little Sicko

Because he had an older brother who would have been alive before Batman became 'the bad guy' and people, once they have a hero, want to believe in that hero. Older orphan brother tells little orphan brother about the Batman he looked up to, the one that saved the city.Older brother dies, Blake goes to tell little orphan about dead brother IS SURPRISED THAT LITTLE ORPHAN HAS HEARD OF BATMAN asks 'you've heard of him?' which means that yet another nit pick you throw out about the film as illogical is something the film, albeit subtly, actually has a character refer to.

I dislike some films. I don't waste time calling into question the brains or taste of people who do. What is the point? What is there to gain? What is your fucking problem?

Being rhetorical there. I've been a shit stirring prick about insulting people's taste in the past to get a rise too. Don't worry, you'll grow out of it.

I think you are right! I will try and watch it on dvd with the extras commentary that will explain all that to me as it was obviously to subtle or I was already asleep by the end of the scene.

When I grow up I want to be just like you.

(in reply to jobloffski)
Post #: 785
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 25/1/2013 12:40:54 PM   
shool

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

I think point three in this article is worth reading

Trolls

Quoting this section for truth

quote:

the troll. A troll is equally as crazy but less interested in convincing you of fringe beliefs and more interested in attention. He will shout just to shout because he has seen firsthand that you will listen, and unlike the other crazy people who started this problem, the troll is only interested in acknowledgement. It's such a confused, strange approach to human connection that I'm not entirely convinced that even the trolls know why they're doing it. But they will be around as long as someone is willing to argue in a comment section, which means they are here for good, and it's the fault of every person who was foolish enough to think they could ever help another human being.

People need to learn to ignore provocative comments that add no substance and are there purely to generate a reaction. Like this one below.

quote:

Or of course the Nolan fans here just don't wanna accept there is anything wrong with his last Batman film.

This adds nothing to the discussion and is there purely to pick a fight. This is the epitome of a trolling comment so to simply claim that...
quote:

Not trolling matey

is rubbish.

quote:

merely making an observation which covers most forums, some folk will just not allow anything negative

Repeated negative observations have been made by I would say the majority of posters in this thread.

So please stop ignoring this fact and making simply provocative comments. Thanks.

< Message edited by shool -- 25/1/2013 12:41:52 PM >

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 786
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 25/1/2013 12:42:08 PM   
Discodez

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Why would a young boy (who was either not even born when Batman was last seen, or at most around 2 years old) be pining for the return of a local vigilante who was i widely known to be the murderer of the great White Knight DA !. Little Sicko

I won't bother explaining why you're wrong on both counts above as I actually believe you know already, you're just being intentionally obtuse.

You cant actually explain how my personal opinions are wrong. I guess that's why you haven't bothered.

Those aren't opinions though are they, it's you being a deliberately obtuse fuckwit where this film is concerned once again...

Bane's plan is not to make the citizens of Gotham turn on each other, his plan is to blow the city up with a neutron bomb, having the citizens turn on each other is an amusing sideshow for him.

As Jobloffski has already said, the little boy believing in the Batman is due to the stories his older brother told him, and (like Blake) him not believing that Batman murdered Harvey Dent for no reason, he still believes Batman is a hero, it's all explained in that very scene.

Now please just stop it for fucks sake.

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 787
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 25/1/2013 12:47:11 PM   
shool

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Those aren't opinions though are they, it's you being a deliberately obtuse fuckwit where this film is concerned once again...

Bane's plan is not to make the citizens of Gotham turn on each other, his plan is to blow the city up with a neutron bomb, having the citizens turn on each other is an amusing sideshow for him.

As Jobloffski has already said, the little boy believing in the Batman is due to the stories his older brother told him, and (like Blake) him not believing that Batman murdered Harvey Dent for no reason, he still believes Batman is a hero, it's all explained in that very scene.

Ok I dont see this argument going anywhere productive guys. Fancy calling it a day?

[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

(in reply to Discodez)
Post #: 788
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 25/1/2013 12:54:16 PM   
DancingClown

And I chose today to express my initial opinions on the film. Lost among the tom-foolery.

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 789
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 25/1/2013 12:55:36 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Your comment on Bane is a self defeating explanation.
I didn't see the part with the older brother explaining all this to his younger brother! my apologies, the lack of intermission may of seen me trot off for a wee.

(in reply to Discodez)
Post #: 790
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 25/1/2013 12:56:43 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: shool

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Ok I dont see this argument going anywhere productive guys. Fancy calling it a day?

Yes, lock it down,lock it down like Gotham...so make sure you leave enough room for a limping billionaire to get in

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 791
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 25/1/2013 12:58:45 PM   
AxlReznor

You didn't need to see it! It was all implied in the scene!

People complain about the movie being too long, but if the film included all of the scenes the people complaining about it seem to want in there, it'd be a mess full of flashbacks and irrelevant scenes that spoonfeed information that shouldn't need to be spoonfed, and would have to be split up into a trilogy itself!

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 792
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 25/1/2013 12:59:42 PM   
shool

quote:

Yes, lock it down,lock it down like Gotham...so make sure you leave enough room for a limping billionaire to get in

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 793
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 25/1/2013 1:31:11 PM   
garvielloken

I think we should all stop debating TDKR and concentrate on the qualities of the far superior Bat Pussy instead.

Exactly six miles north of Skagg Mountain in the Valley of Pain, there lives an evil devilmonster. His name is Bingo Gas Station Motel Cheeseburger With A Side Of Aircraft Noise And You'll Be Gary Indiana.

Razzle them, dazzle them. Razzle dazzle them.

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 794
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 25/1/2013 1:32:25 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: garvielloken

I think we should all stop debating TDKR and concentrate on the qualities of the far superior Bat Pussy instead.

(in reply to garvielloken)
Post #: 795
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 25/1/2013 1:41:14 PM   
garvielloken

I'm serious, Bat Pussy is a better film than TDKR.

Exactly six miles north of Skagg Mountain in the Valley of Pain, there lives an evil devilmonster. His name is Bingo Gas Station Motel Cheeseburger With A Side Of Aircraft Noise And You'll Be Gary Indiana.

Razzle them, dazzle them. Razzle dazzle them.

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 796
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 25/1/2013 1:56:12 PM   
Cool Breeze

Mods, can we please have Dannybohy and all the other trolls banned from this thread so those of us who like this FAVOURITE film can discuss it in a civilised manner?

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to garvielloken)
Post #: 797
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 25/1/2013 2:17:20 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

quote:

I liked the movie a lot more than you did, but I see where you're coming from on this.

I don't out and out hate the film. I think it is heavily flawed, and the subtext doesn't really work. But it is very watchable and would happily sit down with the Blu Ray.

It is much like a middling Bond film! It never hits the heights of the classics, but if it is on during a Sunday afternoon, you have can plenty of fun with it.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

Post #: 798
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 25/1/2013 2:55:39 PM   
Vadersville

quote:

quote:

quote:

I liked the movie a lot more than you did, but I see where you're coming from on this.

I don't out and out hate the film. I think it is heavily flawed, and the subtext doesn't really work. But it is very watchable and would happily sit down with the Blu Ray.

It is much like a middling Bond film! It never hits the heights of the classics, but if it is on during a Sunday afternoon, you have can plenty of fun with it.

I can agree with some of what you're saying; for what could have been potentially the bleakest in the trilogy with Bane breaking the Bat, it does have the most humour out of the three, but I think that's to its credit. Just an observation but it does seem that how much people enjoyed DKR depends on whether they preferred BB or TDK. I myself love both but have always thought BB was the truer Batman film with TDK straying away little too much into Nolan's style, rather than the close adapation of the first film (as Batman Returns did into Burton's style). You say that you think DKR is a better sequel to BB than TDK and I totally get that. It does seem here that Nolan has tried to bridge the two films together with the final chapter. Tthose who liked BB more are pleased by this whereas those who preferred TDK feel its a step backwards. Of course that's just an observational theory, it could just as easily be a load of baloney.

Also, I think the whole trilogy definitley has a Bond influence, as does Inception. (Slightly off topic: Funnily enough I was watching Sherlock Holmes a Game of Shadows yesterday for the first time since cinema and realised that it very simialr in structure to a Bond film and actually felt just like how you describe feeling about DKR.) A few mates have been saying that Nolan should have gotten the Star Wars gig rather than J.J. but to be honest, I don't think it would be a good fit, I'd much rather see his take on Bond. Its clear he's just dying to make one.

Confusion is a way of life, not a state of mind

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 799
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 30/1/2013 6:48:26 PM   
Willy Wood

I agree almost completely with honest movie trailers review of this film.

(in reply to Vadersville)
Post #: 800
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 31/1/2013 3:40:53 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: Willy Wood

I agree almost completely with honest movie trailers review of this film.

They can make honest trailers of ANY film though and make fun of them.

Such as this one for Avengers Assemble for example..http://youtu.be/QDajL441mZc

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to Willy Wood)
Post #: 801
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 31/1/2013 4:00:31 PM   
Willy Wood

True but in the case of TDKR I still agree with it.

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 802
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 1/2/2013 12:59:27 PM   
AxlReznor

http://whatculture.com/film/the-dark-knight-trilogy-10-villains-chris-nolan-would-have-nailed-perfectly.php#utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=the-dark-knight-trilogy-10-villains-chris-nolan-would-have-nailed-perfectly

Villains Chris Nolan Would Have Nailed Perfectly,,, almost makes me hope for a comic book continuation of the story.

(in reply to Willy Wood)
Post #: 803
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 1/2/2013 11:56:17 PM   
MonsterCat

Even as someone who really enjoyed the movie I think this is pretty funny...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6W_PoL-dXf0

It's taken from a Batman podcast Kevin Smith did with a co-host from another one of his podcasts.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 804
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 2/2/2013 7:09:14 PM   
rich

It's a long podcast, are his questions anything new?

Meanwhile...

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 805
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 3/2/2013 11:46:46 AM   
spark1

'a girl's gotta eat'

sums up what i love about DKR.
Post #: 806
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 3/2/2013 5:49:58 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: spark1

'a girl's gotta eat'

I.....

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 807
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 3/2/2013 8:50:26 PM   
Hood_Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: spark1

'a girl's gotta eat'

Lesbians, eh?

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 808
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 4/2/2013 10:17:01 AM   
spark1

no, that the heart of DKR belongs to john blake and selina kyle.
Post #: 809
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 5/2/2013 11:44:11 AM   
jobloffski

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich

It's a long podcast, are his questions anything new?

Same old same old really. Why didn't Talia get Batman out of the way so she could destroy Gotham any time she felt like. Why the elaborate scheme.No reference to the film informing viewers that the slow wait for revenge (the slow knife thing, itself referencing the reason the Joker used knives, to savour the little moments, other methods are too quick) and wanting bruce to be able to witness his failure and be too crippled to help out.

Essentially 'I didn't like the film so it makes no sense' rather than, as for people who like the film, just watching the specific, self contained story that is being told/paid off with a willingness to go with this is what it is, rather than 'it isn't this, it isn't that' wah!! WAH!!).

Such questions as why does talia think having sex with Bruce is part of her revenge. No reference to the oft repeated thing in thefilm about giving people hope in order to take i away to make the despair hit harder (specifically here to let Bruce believe he could have a chance of happiness after Rachel in order to take that hope away when she dies in the explosion making Bruce once again think someone he loves has died and he has failed again,because if the plan had worked he would never even have known that Miranda wasn't her real name).

Revenge is a dish best served cold and if the plan had worked and Talia and Bane both died in the explosion, Bruce would survive, as a cripple, having failed his father, his city, his friends, his new lover, everyone. And he could either live in that despair or end it (when Gotham is ashes you have my permission to die), because with the perpetrators dead, there is no chance of even uncovering justice or vengenance (and even that has echoes with the first film because he only ever became Batman because JoeChill was dead and he couldnt have vengeance, so Tali's plan was to leave Bruce as lost as he was before he met her father. Basically wanting to be ready to punk Bruce so hard he could only watch his life and dream destroyed before hisbvery eyes and doing it by getting ready to do it slowly so he didn't even see it coming (employing theatricality and deception) was OBVIOUSLY the reason for the plan being so elaborate and to criticise a superhero movie, or indeed any movie for such things as 'why doesn't he just shoot Bond in the head, why leave him with any chance to escape at all?' is a slight case of 'I'm getting older' or 'I'm getting too stupid to remember how watching a film works'.

Yet again, (slightly flattered by the fact the opinions re expressed by Kevin Smith et al), the joking about how shit TDKR is, is borne of not liking the film and looking for shit to throw at it for 'failing them' in some way, rather than looking at how this interpretation plays out and avoiding infantile 'but Batman wouldn't do this' shit. The fucker used to use a gun, latterly he has a no killing rule. Nolan's trilogy tells a self contained story that owes some things to Batman lore but also, like many other reinventions of the character, looks at things its own way. Like it or hate it, it works according to the themes Nolan and Goyer laid out.Questions of why Talia didn't buy a bomb and use that because it would have been quicker or cheaper than developing one (itself part of the revenge, helping Bruce create the means to destroy his own city of course) are spectacularly dumb, and certainly dumber than TDKR, an imperfect, but certainly not inadequately logical film.

< Message edited by jobloffski -- 5/2/2013 12:06:35 PM >

Yes, dreamers dream and doers do. But if dreamers DON'T dream, doers don't have anything TO do. Everything that is only here because people exist, only exists because someone thought of it., or in other words, dreamed it.

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 810
Page:   <<   < prev  25 26 [27] 28 29   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: The Dark Knight Rises Page: <<   < prev  25 26 [27] 28 29   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI