Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Dark Knight Rises

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: The Dark Knight Rises Page: <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 30/7/2012 1:57:03 PM   
Vadersville

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ref

No problemo.

I first mis-read your post reading "both those kisses are similarly hot"

That too!

Confusion is a way of life, not a state of mind

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 331
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 31/7/2012 1:22:18 AM   
Larry of Arabia

I saw TDKR again today, gets better with a rewatch. I did notice one thing, though - when he's in The Bat trying to redirect the truck carrying the bomb, Batman fires at it and the driver carks it! I think he broke his one rule.

"Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt."

(in reply to Vadersville)
Post #: 332
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 31/7/2012 3:04:36 PM   
Sotto Voce

Well, I liked it.

Bane's voice did somewhat bring to mind Darth Vader doing a bad Sean Connery impression. One or two lines of Bane's I really couldn't understand a word.
I don't think Selina was really fleshed out sufficiently.

Also, I think I may have been the first on the forum to predict Batman faking his death.

All things digested have a similar hue.

(in reply to Larry of Arabia)
Post #: 333
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 1/8/2012 1:38:16 PM   
st3veebee

Definitely definitely gets better with a rewatch: I now am quite happy with this being the conclusion to the greatest comic book trilogy.

Latest Films:

Two days in New York: 4/5

Prometheus: 3.5/5

Abe Lincoln: VH 3/5

Twin Peaks: FWWM 3.5/5

(in reply to Sotto Voce)
Post #: 334
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 1/8/2012 2:35:35 PM   
grucl

I hated the military guy shouting "He's taking the bomb out of the city!" during the climax.

Why is that scene even there? Batman told us the same thing 2 minutes earlier plus WE CAN BLOODY SEE IT!

The same thing happened during Batman Begins. While the monorail races towards Wayne Tower we cut to a guy at the water station telling us "They are headed for Wayne Tower!" and "If they make it to the tower the water supply of the whole city is gonna blow!"
Again: we just heared that same information 2 minutes earlier form someone else!

< Message edited by grucl -- 1/8/2012 2:40:27 PM >

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 335
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 1/8/2012 5:39:06 PM   
Nexus Wookie

Just in the cinema right now about to watch DKR - enough with the shitty ads already!

My blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

(in reply to grucl)
Post #: 336
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 1/8/2012 7:30:21 PM   
Coyleone

I absolutely loved every second of it. I need to see it again to decide whether it's my favourite of the trilogy or not, bur right now I'm thinking it's on par with the second (which I love, obviously). Heard from a lot of people it gets better on a re-watch so I'm very excited to see it again.

(in reply to Nexus Wookie)
Post #: 337
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 1/8/2012 8:30:24 PM   
Nexus Wookie

Woah!!!! What a fucking movie!

Post #: 338
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 1/8/2012 9:43:23 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nexus Wookie

Woah!!!! What a fucking movie!

Im going to take a wild guess and say that Nexus like the movie.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

Post #: 339
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 1/8/2012 10:11:38 PM   
MonsterCat

The more I think about this movie the more I like it.

It might even be my favourite of the trilogy. The Dark Knight fizzled out a little bit at the end, but in Rises when Bane's plans for Gotham are put into motion, it's breathlessly exciting stuff and the pace never flags for a moment.

I'm planning on seeing it again in the near future.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Coyleone)
Post #: 340
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 1/8/2012 10:26:54 PM   
jon5000

Watched it again the other day, my opinions haven't really changed on the film but I became more and more frustrated by what I think is too obvious a redub of Hardy's lines.

I mean, it was obvious in the Prologue for those who'd seen it back in December.

Such a shame, they had it spot on first time.

Here's a comparison

http://crushable.com/entertainment/tom-hardy-bane-voice-before-and-after-the-dark-knight-rises-320/

< Message edited by jon5000 -- 1/8/2012 10:33:29 PM >

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 341
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 1/8/2012 10:38:40 PM   
Nexus Wookie

Ah man! I have to say that I had a lump in my throat by the end, what a send off! What an end to a magnificent trilogy!

Christian Bale was excellent in his role, this movie is more about him than anything. I loved that fact that since the last time we saw him, he had become a reclusive billionaire in the mould of Howard Hughes (we even get a reference to it) and the streaks of grey hairs showing that time and stress had taken it's toll. It's very reminiscent of Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns, and i'm sure Nolan had taken note from that comic, as from others.

I loved the entrance of Batman - the hairs on the back of my neck stood up when he made his entrance! And the Bat! My word! What a fucking beast! The entrance of it, from the dark into the street light - my jaw dropped the same as the guys on screen!

The whole Gotham under siege section of the film was brilliantly handled. It reminded me of the brilliant comic; Batman: The Cult when a religious nut job takes Gotham to ransom. It also reminded me of Escape from New York; with it's vision of a hellish New York with anarchy and lawlessness reigns supreme. I couldn't help but smile when I saw The Scarecrow (Cillian Murphy) dishing out his twisted version of justice! But this film was also a very brutal affair, with lot's of dead bodies in the streets. Gunfire, mayhem - Batman in Beirut if you will! Scenes of Gotham covered in snow looked stunning.

I thought Joseph Gordo-Levitt was brilliant as Blake. As was Tom Hardy as Bane. I know there'a a lot of talk about his Vader-esque voice but I lloved it! He even kills one of his goon's like Vader in A New Hope! The fight scene between him and Batman was absolutely gut wrenching and brutal as hell. And we also got to see the legendary back break! And I have to admit I had my reservation's when it was revealed Anne Hathaway would be playing Catwoman - but boy was I worried for nothing! She was sassy, sexy, sultry and all the other S's that come to mind! I loved the fact that at no time is she menioned by her name (Catwoman). Marion Cotillard however, for me was weak. I could spot her being the villainess Talia Al Ghul from a mile off!

The prison scenes were some of my favourite. Especially Bruce Wayne's interraction's with the two prisoner's. And that moment when he ask's them ''What are they saying'' and his fellow inmate say's ''Rise'' my god! I wanted to punch the fucking air!

But it wasn't all plain sailing. I did feel it dragged in places, but it's perfect viewing on DVD/ Blu-ray as you can pause it when you want and take your time with it. This film definitely merit's a second viewing.

As for the scenes at the end when Alfred see's Bruce and Selina together. Was it a day dream? Was Alfred merely thinking those thought's? His 'fantasy' as he called it. I think the film has more impact if Bruce/ Batman died. But maybe Bruce did survive? Maybe Alfred isn't dreaming? Because Bruce nod's at him, and Alfred smiles back at him - if it was a day dream you would think he'd get no aknowledgement? Whatever the case my feeling is he died (although the romantic in me wishes he were alive!). And trust me I was so very close to shedding a tear when we see Batman sacrifice himself for the city. He cannot escape Gotham, its part of him. There's so much hurt and sadness attached to it for him but he cannot leave it. In the end it was a doomed relationship. Because Gotham was the death of Batman or 'twas Gotham that killed the Bat.

I thought it was a very poignant end to a magnificent film.

For me The Dark Knight still remain's my favourite. But Dark Knight Rises is a fitting end to a fantastic set of film's. It feel's like a different beast to the other film's. It's a film which is without doubt, very close to a masterpiece. I thoroughly enjoyed it and I cannot wait to watch it again.

THE DARK KNIGHT RISES ***** 5/5

(in reply to jon5000)
Post #: 342
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 2/8/2012 12:07:36 PM   
st3veebee

Bane is easily my favourote Bad guy of the trilogy. I know people adore Heath's performance (it is great) and Hardy hasn't a chance of even being nonimated for this but within this world Nolan has created I find Bane to be not only an actual challenge for Batman but also a capivating creation. I really would have loved more screentime for the big bad guy.

Also has the best female charcter of the series, the best chant, the best fight and the most emotional moments.

I'm finding I like it more and more with time.

Latest Films:

Two days in New York: 4/5

Prometheus: 3.5/5

Abe Lincoln: VH 3/5

Twin Peaks: FWWM 3.5/5

Post #: 343
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 2/8/2012 12:30:34 PM   
KnightofZyryab

quote:

ORIGINAL: st3veebee

Bane is easily my favourote Bad guy of the trilogy. I know people adore Heath's performance (it is great) and Hardy hasn't a chance of even being nonimated for this but within this world Nolan has created I find Bane to be not only an actual challenge for Batman but also a capivating creation. I really would have loved more screentime for the big bad guy.

Also has the best female charcter of the series, the best chant, the best fight and the most emotional moments.

Think I still prefer the Joker but Hardy really does bring Bane to life and makes the interpretation his own, and not necessarily that of the graphic novel. I think the character feels more unique because not everyone knows who Bane is within the lore of the Batman universe, as compared with the Joker, who is pretty much synonymous with Batman.

< Message edited by KnightofZyryab -- 2/8/2012 12:31:18 PM >

Imminent viewings : The Place Beyond the Pines

Read my blog at: http://alcentrodelaberinto.blogspot.com/

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 344
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 2/8/2012 9:11:09 PM   
Cool Breeze

I still think Alfred is stuck in limbo at the end and is dreaming what he wants to see.

Oops! Sorry wrong Nolan film!

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to KnightofZyryab)
Post #: 345
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 2/8/2012 10:39:44 PM   
Darth Marenghi

quote:

As for the scenes at the end when Alfred see's Bruce and Selina together. Was it a day dream? Was Alfred merely thinking those thought's? His 'fantasy' as he called it. I think the film has more impact if Bruce/ Batman died. But maybe Bruce did survive? Maybe Alfred isn't dreaming? Because Bruce nod's at him, and Alfred smiles back at him - if it was a day dream you would think he'd get no aknowledgement? Whatever the case my feeling is he died (although the romantic in me wishes he were alive!). And trust me I was so very close to shedding a tear when we see Batman sacrifice himself for the city. He cannot escape Gotham, its part of him. There's so much hurt and sadness attached to it for him but he cannot leave it. In the end it was a doomed relationship. Because Gotham was the death of Batman or 'twas Gotham that killed the Bat.

A few people have covered this already but... at the end Gordon discovers the Bat-Signal has been fixed, Blake is given the co-ordinates to the Batcave and Fox finds out that Bruce fixed the autopilot on the Bat months ago. He's alive at the end, there's no ambiguity about it.

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

Post #: 346
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 2/8/2012 10:51:33 PM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

the best chant

I feel the forum needs a Top Five Chants in Films...

5. "Rock, rock, rock, rock." Galaxy Quest
4. "Deshi basara" The Dark Knight Rises
3. "O num shi bai, o num shi bai, o num shi bai..." Temple of Doom
2. "Maximus! Maximus! Maximus!" Gladiator
1. "Pie jesu Domine. Dona eis requiem. SLAP." Monty Python and the Holy Grail

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 347
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 2/8/2012 10:56:32 PM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

I agree, he is an absolute beast of a creation. You can see that he can cause Batman a whole world of hurt (and he does). I loved his look, his mask, he always had a menacing edge and his voice did not detract any sense of fear for me what so ever, infact it amplified it.

You know, being a Leftie in my political views, I was a little apprehensive going in to watch this film - especially with all the talk of it being right-wing propaganda. But I must say I did not feel any inkling's of hidden agenda's. The Occupy Movement similarities in the film did not feel that way to me, all I saw were Bane's hired goon's, and Arkham psycho's and other criminal's who were leading the attack, and holding Gotham to ransom. Life still carried on, people still tried live their lives even inside this chaos. What i'm trying to say is I didn't see any student types joining Bane's anarchic 'revolution' so to speak. If there was a message in there, maybe I missed it or a second viewing might clear it up, but from first impression's I did not see it. All I saw was a story about a crippled guy, trying to do what is right.

It was a beautiful film, full of heart pounding terror, thrill's, heart-ache, betrayal, loyalty and humanity. And having let it all sink in after a day or two from my first viewing, I must say it's starting to evoke a feeling within me which say's this is quite possibly the best film of the trilogy.

< Message edited by Nexus Wookie -- 2/8/2012 10:59:49 PM >

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 348
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 2/8/2012 11:03:04 PM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

inkling's agenda's goon's psycho's criminal's impression's thrill's say's

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

Post #: 349
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 2/8/2012 11:15:35 PM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

quote:

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 350
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 2/8/2012 11:41:42 PM   
KnightofZyryab

quote:

You know, being a Leftie in my political views, I was a little apprehensive going in to watch this film - especially with all the talk of it being right-wing propaganda. But I must say I did not feel any inkling's of hidden agenda's.

Frankly people who think that are fucking morons who leeched onto that faux subtext which was being spouted around when TDK came out in 2008. It simply holds no water and requires a great amount of straining to project this kind of reading on to the film. I'm not saying the films don't have some kind of commentary but Nolan has said in interviews that with each film he has shown the costs of what it means to be a man who is forced to go above and beyond the normal parameters of law and justice. In each film the villains push him beyond what is considered acceptable and Nolan I think is interrogating moreover where those lines blur and is not advocating either way.

Imminent viewings : The Place Beyond the Pines

Read my blog at: http://alcentrodelaberinto.blogspot.com/

Post #: 351
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 3/8/2012 12:45:09 AM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

ORIGINAL: KnightofZyryab

quote:

You know, being a Leftie in my political views, I was a little apprehensive going in to watch this film - especially with all the talk of it being right-wing propaganda. But I must say I did not feel any inkling's of hidden agenda's.

Frankly people who think that are fucking morons who leeched onto that faux subtext which was being spouted around when TDK came out in 2008. It simply holds no water and requires a great amount of straining to project this kind of reading on to the film. I'm not saying the films don't have some kind of commentary but Nolan has said in interviews that with each film he has shown the costs of what it means to be a man who is forced to go above and beyond the normal parameters of law and justice. In each film the villains push him beyond what is considered acceptable and Nolan I think is interrogating moreover where those lines blur and is not advocating either way.

I have to agree with that mate. Sometimes people do read into thing's a bit too much. Of course everyone's entitled to their own opinion's and I respect that wholly - but personally for me, I just did not feel that this film had any ''hidden agenda''.

(in reply to KnightofZyryab)
Post #: 352
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 3/8/2012 9:44:02 AM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

quote:

I just had a trawl around your link (24th frame) Homer, and really enjoyed some of the stuff posted on their! Excellent stuff

Post #: 353
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 3/8/2012 6:06:14 PM   
Vadersville

Just saw it again! Still amazing! And that stupid confusion over the supposed Miranda location continuity error definitley doesn't exist! Miranda does escape when Fox is first captured and the Special Forces men escape. Plus she escapes with Blake, and when she next appears, offering Gordon help she is with Blake. As for bruce asking Gordon where she is after having just seen her. He had to leave behind whilst he got tooled up with Fox and Bane took her. Bane even says when he sees the bat signal "Kepp her close, he will come for her." Gordon saw bane take her when he was sentenced and he tells Bats. End of.

Confusion is a way of life, not a state of mind

Post #: 354
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 3/8/2012 9:52:23 PM   
thedrin

I saw it for the third time today. It gets better with every viewing and is approaching Batman Begins in my estimation.

Batman asking Gordon where Miranda is still doesn't make sense because Wayne saw her since Gordon last did.

Edit: though everything else about that which previously confused me now makes sense.

< Message edited by thedrin -- 3/8/2012 9:59:16 PM >

(in reply to Vadersville)
Post #: 355
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 4/8/2012 1:12:33 AM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

quote:

quote:

I just had a trawl around your link (24th frame) Homer, and really enjoyed some of the stuff posted on their! Excellent stuff

Cheers! Did you see the (short, understated) bits on the Dark Knight Trilogy I did lately? About 5,000 words in all, so you'll want a cuppa made first...

Bristol Bad Film Club

Post #: 356
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 4/8/2012 11:31:35 AM   
Nexus Wookie

Yes, I did read it - an excellent review! There wasn't a single point I did not agree with, other then one.....

Aliens DO exist!

< Message edited by Nexus Wookie -- 4/8/2012 11:41:24 AM >

Post #: 357
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 4/8/2012 11:37:18 AM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

Yes, I did read iit - an excellent review! There wasn't a single point I did not agree with, other then one.....

Aliens DO exist!

Well, the probability is there, but I think I was saying we don't know for absolute certain, so it's still a faith thing!

Bristol Bad Film Club

Post #: 358
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 4/8/2012 10:36:24 PM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

quote:

Yes, I did read iit - an excellent review! There wasn't a single point I did not agree with, other then one.....

Aliens DO exist!

Well, the probability is there, but I think

I was saying we don't know for absolute certain, so it's still a faith thing!

Yeah I know - and I agree it is more of a faith thng - unless you've been abducted by the little green bugger's and poked and probed and god knows what else!

I'll be visiting the website more as i 've loved the articles thus far!

Post #: 359
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 6/8/2012 11:42:53 AM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

quote:

quote:

Aliens DO exist!

Well, the probability is there, but I think

I was saying we don't know for absolute certain, so it's still a faith thing!

Yeah I know - and I agree it is more of a faith thng - unless you've been abducted by the little green bugger's and poked and probed and god knows what else!

I'll be visiting the website more as i 've loved the articles thus far!

Thanks! Don't forget to "like" it on Facebook

/advertising

Bristol Bad Film Club

Post #: 360
Page:   <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: The Dark Knight Rises Page: <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI