Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Following - New Purefoy and Bacon Thriller

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: The Following - New Purefoy and Bacon Thriller Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Following - New Purefoy and Bacon Thriller - 6/3/2013 11:46:01 AM   
Shifty Bench

It is ridiculous but I think it is great. It reminds me very much of 24, which is why I am enjoying it.

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to blackduck)
Post #: 61
RE: The Following - New Purefoy and Bacon Thriller - 6/3/2013 12:03:23 PM   
MrsFinkelstein

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

It is ridiculous but I think it is great. It reminds me very much of 24, which is why I am enjoying it.

Pretty much my take on it, I did groan out loud when the SWAT team takeover of the farmhouse went so completely arse up and how many times can captured damsels in distress escape without being caught again by A. N. Other Bad guy, but am still enjoying it all!

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 62
RE: The Following - New Purefoy and Bacon Thriller - 6/3/2013 12:38:50 PM   
blackduck

Sure it's fun, and the Bacon is always worth a watch. but I'm getting a little fed up with the number of people who turn out to be cult members. It's turning into a lazy way to make plot twists.

I am but an egg.

(in reply to MrsFinkelstein)
Post #: 63
RE: The Following - New Purefoy and Bacon Thriller - 6/3/2013 1:02:37 PM   
Shifty Bench

I think that is part of the fun, though. The show is called 'The Following' and the billboards advertising it imply there are many of the buggers-

Joe has had nine years to plan all this so in ridiculous TV terms it is pretty feasible. I admit it is not perfect and sometimes it is eyeball-rolling stuff but so was 24 on many occasions

(in reply to blackduck)
Post #: 64
RE: The Following - New Purefoy and Bacon Thriller - 7/3/2013 9:35:22 AM   
Wild about Wilder

After a pretty strong start this show is starting to dissapear up it's own backside what with all the so called plot twists every episode at this rate it'll have run out of ideas by mid-season of series 2.
If it makes it that far?

Post #: 65
RE: The Following - New Purefoy and Bacon Thriller - 7/3/2013 8:05:18 PM   
fuzzy

quote:

ORIGINAL: blackduck

Sure it's fun, and the Bacon is always worth a watch. but I'm getting a little fed up with the number of people who turn out to be cult members. It's turning into a lazy way to make plot twists.

Pretty much my feelings on the show. My main bugbear is how frustratingly bad Bacon and his FBI friends are with catching the bad guys. I think it's led to the deaths of at least 2 people just because they had no one covering the rear exit of a building. Also Bacon rarely has cover when he runs into a room, so usually gets his arse kicked. And no one seems bothered with actually chasing the bad guy... he's just escaped through the back door (again), ah fuck it, he must be miles away by now, let's get back to standing over the dead body in the kitchen.

Apart from that, great show.

(in reply to blackduck)
Post #: 66
RE: The Following - New Purefoy and Bacon Thriller - 7/3/2013 8:59:58 PM   
Shifty Bench

Yeah, the FBI in the show are fucking useless

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 67
RE: The Following - New Purefoy and Bacon Thriller - 7/3/2013 9:31:22 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

Must say I'm enjoying it in a 24 kind of way after watching this over the last few days. It's entertaining enough but the plot holes are numerous. I can kind of forgive them though as its entertaining and the acting is very good.

After seeing the last episode I'd say there's certainly more than six!

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

Post #: 68
RE: The Following - New Purefoy and Bacon Thriller - 9/3/2013 2:00:36 PM   
musht

The amounts of times we've seen Hardy running and carrying out strenuous activity or in stressful situations and the only time is pacemaker gives him trouble is when he catches up with that girl and Joey as they reached the car.

Also, worst SWAT team ever, there must have been 5 of them and two of them were taken out and replaced by Followers.

I'm still enjoying it but they can't keep these twists going because I'm getting tired of the FBI not doing background checks on everyone who comes close to Carrol.

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 69
RE: The Following - New Purefoy and Bacon Thriller - 10/3/2013 1:30:01 PM   
buffster28

yeah some of it is pretty daft , but the last episode was certainly a game changer with Carroll escaping , and the final scene when we finally got to see all his followers.

" driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cakehole "

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 70
RE: The Following - New Purefoy and Bacon Thriller - 11/3/2013 1:08:02 PM   
Chief

I'm beginning to lose interest in this. It's just improbable dilemma of the week mediocrity now.

The prison escape was just daft. I'll stick with it, Bacon and Iceman are quite good.

Noticed that the short haired psycho bird was in Breaking Dawn Pt. 2 (hey, it wasn't that bad) last night too.

Post #: 71
RE: The Following - New Purefoy and Bacon Thriller - 11/3/2013 7:11:46 PM   
Rinc

I'm with most people here. It's so ridiculous it's annoying and I'm not sure if I'll both with the second season. I don't mind ridiculous stuff such as 24 but The Following takes that to extremes with the amount of failed escapes and the deus ex machina of anyone could be a follower.

The SWAT team were laughable, probably the most inept SWAT team there's ever been on TV or film. So they surrounded the house? Well except for two of them who stood near each other with no one else around and stood in the open rather than taking some sort of covering position. Where were all the rest?!

Luckily Ryan's pacemaker hasn't been used when it suits the writers eh?!

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 72
RE: The Following - New Purefoy and Bacon Thriller - 11/3/2013 10:25:19 PM   
James2183

Was really enjoying it up until Episode 6. Jumped the shark as soon as you found out who was in on it.

Bored of it now. Pity, it was turning into a good show.

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 73
RE: The Following - New Purefoy and Bacon Thriller - 12/3/2013 11:09:06 PM   
musht

Send the alcoholic with a pacemaker and the cult expert to a warehouse to rescue the other computer geek who was kidnapped by at least 7 followers. No need for back up, they've proven they can handle themselves.

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 74
RE: The Following - New Purefoy and Bacon Thriller - 12/3/2013 11:27:24 PM   
Shifty Bench

They got him back and killed five Followers, didn't they?

Well, Ryan did, the woman is useless and isn't making me change my mind that I think she's in on it.....

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 75
RE: The Following - New Purefoy and Bacon Thriller - 12/3/2013 11:57:00 PM   
musht

quote:

They got him back and killed five Followers, didn't they?

Well, Ryan did, the woman is useless and isn't making me change my mind that I think she's in on it.....

They were just lucky that the Followers are also ridiculously incompetent.

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

Post #: 76
RE: The Following - New Purefoy and Bacon Thriller - 13/3/2013 12:10:29 AM   
Sleepy

Yes this show is starting to annoy me. Turning too much into towards 24 territory, but were I kind let that show slide on its sometimes questionable leaps of logic and plot, I am finding myself less forgiving with this show. 24 had political intrigue and I was interested as to the terrorists end game and the twists on who the actual bad guy in the season was. With this, you already know who the bad guy is, and being a serial killer his end game isn't really interesting me - death, destruction, and playing happy family with his estranged wife and kid.

And it is starting grate that the writers can dig themselves out of hole by using: anybody can be a follower, so we can make them spring up at anytime to change the situation and outcome. Has anybody checked on the President to see if he/she has ever visited Joe for a wee murder chit-chat?

And with the level of incompetence being shown by the FBI, shouldn't they all not be fired by now.

Will probably keep watching and shouting at the tv screen for the time being though!

When it comes to the evil intentions of man, I'm always optimistic.

Post #: 77
RE: The Following - New Purefoy and Bacon Thriller - 13/3/2013 12:58:28 PM   
Beno

This show is a bit like a car crash wherein you should'nt look but still do. It will probably get cancelled anyway so i wont have to keep asking myself - WHY?

BTW ....... Anyone know why Mellissa Leo got dumped and replaced after the first Episode?
Myself i thought she just was'nt 'mature' enough for her character!..... was this the case?

< Message edited by Beno -- 13/3/2013 1:04:46 PM >

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

(in reply to Sleepy)
Post #: 78
RE: The Following - New Purefoy and Bacon Thriller - 13/3/2013 3:11:59 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: Beno

This show is a bit like a car crash wherein you should'nt look but still do. It will probably get cancelled anyway so i wont have to keep asking myself - WHY?

BTW ....... Anyone know why Mellissa Leo got dumped and replaced after the first Episode?
Myself i thought she just was'nt 'mature' enough for her character!..... was this the case?

Pretty sure it's been renewed

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 79
RE: The Following - New Purefoy and Bacon Thriller - 13/3/2013 4:08:47 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

It will probably get cancelled anyway

Nope, it is doing ok in the US and has been given a second season.

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 80
RE: The Following - New Purefoy and Bacon Thriller - 15/3/2013 3:54:22 PM   
jonson

quote:

quote:

When Purefoy was interviewed on Radio 5, he said that him and Kevin Bacon had already signed up for 7 seasons.

Anyway, it's getting annoying but still really good, but in a bad way. Not quite sure what to make of this week's episode. The ritual killing was pretty daft, especially with the romantic music playing as if it was some sort of "happy" moment. The early scene showing Jo killing the young girl whilst being watched by his first "follower" was quite nasty, the wife had to look away for at least 2 minutes, giving me time to get a wank in.
I am getting annoyed at the fact only Kevin Bacon and AN Other seem to find the hideouts, thus meaning they never actually capture anyone, I'm wondering if there is any other police assistance at all.
Still enjoyable stupid though.

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

Post #: 81
RE: The Following - New Purefoy and Bacon Thriller - 15/3/2013 4:34:14 PM   
Invader_Ace

Has become bobbins.  I am ready to quit, but Mrs. Ace is still hopeful.

It just seems to be FBI fuck-up of the week now.  I thought Dexter's Miami Metro PD were bad, but this is ridiculous!  Also, the music throughout the series has been so badly chosen and used.  Constantly cranking out MOR Rock for no good reason, and as jonson says the music during the killing scene was hilarious.

Also wondering if it was in Bacon's contract that he must make one dead-eye killing shot at least once an episode!

< Message edited by Invader_Ace -- 15/3/2013 4:35:00 PM >

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 82
RE: The Following - New Purefoy and Bacon Thriller - 15/3/2013 4:39:46 PM   
Invader_Ace

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson
quote:

quote:

When Purefoy was interviewed on Radio 5, he said that him and Kevin Bacon had already signed up for 7 seasons.

Yeah, but he has also said this:
When Kevin Williamson pitched the show to you, how much information did he divulge?

He knows what he's doing up until the end of the second season. After that, no idea. I'm sure as we progress, he'll start having ideas about a third season and how that would pan out. But the nature of it is me introducing the serial killer of the week and unleashing them on Kevin's character. Because I have vengeance with a big capital V printed on the inside of my head. I don't even wanna kill him. I want to insert a crochet needle into his stomach and gently tug on his entrails for the rest of his life.

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 83
RE: The Following - New Purefoy and Bacon Thriller - 15/3/2013 4:52:57 PM   
Woger

I don't know how they will get a second season to seem any kind of fresh let alone seven, will it be a different author each season being an inspiration for the killings?

Eddie: "Weve been burgaled"
Richie: You may have been, but I have never in my life. As a christian I am so tightly clenched, oh you mean burgaled
- - -
There were originally five horsemen of the apocalypse. Jack Bauer said he would travel by foot

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 84
RE: The Following - New Purefoy and Bacon Thriller - 15/3/2013 6:40:47 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: Invader_Ace

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yeah, but he has also said this:
When Kevin Williamson pitched the show to you, how much information did he divulge?

He knows what he's doing up until the end of the second season. After that, no idea. I'm sure as we progress, he'll start having ideas about a third season and how that would pan out. But the nature of it is me introducing the serial killer of the week and unleashing them on Kevin's character. Because I have vengeance with a big capital V printed on the inside of my head. I don't even wanna kill him. I want to insert a crochet needle into his stomach and gently tug on his entrails for the rest of his life.

Listening to David Morrissey about it his Walking Dead role on Radio 5 as well it appears that you have to sign a contract with the studio before they can offer you the role. Morrissey signed a 5 year deal but that doesn't mean he's guaranteed to be in the show for the next five years and not be killed off; it just means they have the option to keep him on. I'd imagine it's the same scenario when it comes to this. i really can't see them stretching the Following's formula out to more than 2 seasons; oh no it turns out the President of the USA is a Follower!!!

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

(in reply to Invader_Ace)
Post #: 85
RE: The Following - New Purefoy and Bacon Thriller - 15/3/2013 6:49:13 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

quote:

quote:

Was it seven? I thought it was five? Seven is the standard but either way, it doesn't really mean anything. Nobody expects it to get that far, it's just a contract thing.

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 86
RE: The Following - New Purefoy and Bacon Thriller - 15/3/2013 8:05:57 PM   
fuzzy

quote:

ORIGINAL: musht

Send the alcoholic with a pacemaker and the cult expert to a warehouse to rescue the other computer geek who was kidnapped by at least 7 followers. No need for back up, they've proven they can handle themselves.

That's the thing - there's never back up in this bloody show. It's really getting more like a frigin' comedy every week, albeit one with lots of stabby stuff and homicidal nutters. I don't get that the FBI have now acknowledged they're incompetence but still insist on sending 2 people (one of whom isn't even a cop anymore) to the scene of their best lead. That harbour should've been swarming with Feds and Iceman should've had protection when stupidly sent home, what the feck was the new boss guy thinking? I'll watch the series to the end, but fuck me if it isn't the most annoying show on the box at the moment.

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 87
RE: The Following - New Purefoy and Bacon Thriller - 15/3/2013 8:42:52 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: fuzzy

quote:

ORIGINAL: musht

That's the thing - there's never back up in this bloody show. It's really getting more like a frigin' comedy every week, albeit one with lots of stabby stuff and homicidal nutters. I don't get that the FBI have now acknowledged they're incompetence but still insist on sending 2 people (one of whom isn't even a cop anymore) to the scene of their best lead. That harbour should've been swarming with Feds and Iceman should've had protection when stupidly sent home, what the feck was the new boss guy thinking? I'll watch the series to the end, but fuck me if it isn't the most annoying show on the box at the moment.

THEY DIDN'T EVEN PUNCTURE THE TYRES ON THE BADDIES' VEHICLE!! Your one just stood waving her gun yelling 'Stop!'

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 88
RE: The Following - New Purefoy and Bacon Thriller - 15/3/2013 8:58:10 PM   
Shifty Bench

That is what makes me think she is on it. Although, it could just be pretty bloody inept writing

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 89
RE: The Following - New Purefoy and Bacon Thriller - 16/3/2013 12:59:52 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

Did we ever find out what her motives were for giving Joe the book when he was banged up?

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: The Following - New Purefoy and Bacon Thriller Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI