Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Following - New Purefoy and Bacon Thriller

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: The Following - New Purefoy and Bacon Thriller Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Following - New Purefoy and Bacon Thriller - 3/2/2013 10:25:14 AM   
Scruffybobby

quote:

ORIGINAL: discodave101

Well, don't know about you lot...but I found myself feeling Austin Powers nostalgia watching one character....

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLE!

MOLEE MOLEE MOLEE

I actually spent the whole episode (which I enjoyed - although it was all a bit daft) wondering where I'd seen that mole before. It was really quite distracting. I had to look it up on IMDB - it was in Alcatraz attached to the same lady as in this show apparently

I want to taste you like yogurt.

(in reply to discodave101)
Post #: 31
RE: The Following - New Purefoy and Bacon Thriller - 3/2/2013 2:32:07 PM   
losthighway

First episode was pants. Gave second episode a chance on the night it aired and I lasted 20mins. Then went back to it on SKY On-Demand last night (to pass time before going out tbh) and finished watching it... great soundtrack (Deftones ) but my god the show itself is just truly awful. It's like a bad soap opera with added gore. Oh and don't get me started on the ham and cheese acting

The secret to becoming a star is knowing how to behave like one.

(in reply to Scruffybobby)
Post #: 32
RE: The Following - New Purefoy and Bacon Thriller - 3/2/2013 4:46:15 PM   
buffster28

really liked episode too especially the ending - very unexpected.

loved the house with all the writing then they find the dead body. bit obvious though that the babysitter ( sorry don't remember her name ) would kill her mom.

" driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cakehole "

(in reply to losthighway)
Post #: 33
RE: The Following - New Purefoy and Bacon Thriller - 6/2/2013 2:44:03 AM   
Shifty Bench

I must say, I am enjoying this show. Episode three is the best one so far,in my opinion, the ending was just shudder-worthy. Although, I have to ask- what is with the Ron Jeremy masks?

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to buffster28)
Post #: 34
RE: The Following - New Purefoy and Bacon Thriller - 6/2/2013 3:44:47 PM   
Scruffybobby

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

I must say, I am enjoying this show. Episode three is the best one so far,in my opinion, the ending was just shudder-worthy. Although, I have to ask- what is with the Ron Jeremy masks?

Pretty sure they're meant to be Edgar Allen Poe. Coincidentally, just before watching this for the first time I watched The Raven with John Cusack playin Poe. Funny how things go sometimes.

I want to taste you like yogurt.

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 35
RE: The Following - New Purefoy and Bacon Thriller - 6/2/2013 11:15:17 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scruffybobby
Pretty sure they're meant to be Edgar Allen Poe.

Yes, I know they were, Bobby

Post #: 36
RE: The Following - New Purefoy and Bacon Thriller - 7/2/2013 8:05:02 AM   
jonson

An enjoyable episode 3, but to be hoenst, and this is more about my cynicism than the show, but was it not obvious that fire-man's wife was going to be a nutter as well?
Like I said, it's probably my cynicism as I'm not predicting everyone, including Kevin Bacon
Nice and gross when the dude tried to eat his bandage to choke himself on, and as for that short haired one (who has taken the kid hostage) now she is a fruitcake, proper mental. She's going to go on a right rampage I reckon.
Not nearly as mental though as the 2 straight guys who spend so long pretending to be gay, they actually turn gay.
Other than those silly bits, it's really quite entertaining, very creepy in places (the fire attack at the beginning was particularly nasty, I think it's the masks, I don't like people in freaky masks) and a good combo of jumps, knife attacks and gore (of which I don't mind either, it's funny watching my wife spenging an hour watching it through her finger tips )

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

Post #: 37
RE: The Following - New Purefoy and Bacon Thriller - 7/2/2013 8:35:25 AM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson
An enjoyable episode 3, but to be hoenst, and this is more about my cynicism than the show, but was it not obvious that fire-man's wife was going to be a nutter as well?

I guessed it as well and that guest star FBI-guy was a goner too [:D

It's difficult not to suspect everybody in a show like this. I think they're throwing us red herrings, though. I don't think the cult-enthusiast woman is part of the Following as that would be too obvious. I also don't think Iceman is one either as he is devoted to The Bacon. I think the title and the premise of the show is just as much about him worshipping The Bacon than it is the cultists following the banged up serial killer. It's a mirror image deal, so we can possibly see both the positive and the negative sides of hero worship. That's my take on it so far anyway.....

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 38
RE: The Following - New Purefoy and Bacon Thriller - 7/2/2013 9:27:28 AM   
Peter Griffin

quote:

Just choked on my egg & sausage on toast, thanks

"No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough."

"Me and Pete Griffin would make a beautiful Dead Space ass kicking baby."

Post #: 39
RE: The Following - New Purefoy and Bacon Thriller - 7/2/2013 2:47:07 PM   
Shifty Bench

Heh. Sorry

(in reply to Peter Griffin)
Post #: 40
RE: The Following - New Purefoy and Bacon Thriller - 7/2/2013 4:13:58 PM   
Chief

quote:

Like I said, it's probably my cynicism as I'm not predicting everyone, including Kevin Bacon
Nice and gross when the dude tried to eat his bandage to choke himself on, and as for that short haired one (who has taken the kid hostage) now she is a fruitcake, proper mental. She's going to go on a right rampage I reckon.
Not nearly as mental though as the 2 straight guys who spend so long pretending to be gay, they actually turn gay.
Other than those silly bits, it's really quite entertaining, very creepy in places (the fire attack at the beginning was particularly nasty, I think it's the masks, I don't like people in freaky masks) and a good combo of jumps, knife attacks and gore (of which I don't mind either, it's funny watching my wife spenging an hour watching it through her finger tips )

You seem to have as good a grasp on names of people in shows as me.

quote:

I think the title and the premise of the show is just as much about him worshipping The Bacon than it is the cultists following the banged up serial killer. It's a mirror image deal, so we can possibly see both the positive and the negative sides of hero worship. That's my take on it so far anyway.....

Ya, I agree with this and have thought so since ep1. The difference being that Head Murderer guy laps up the attention whereas Bacon doesn't really give a fuck, notably cutting Iceman off mid-sentence to go for a walk.

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 41
RE: The Following - New Purefoy and Bacon Thriller - 7/2/2013 4:24:38 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief
Ya, I agree with this and have thought so since ep1. The difference being that Head Murderer guy laps up the attention whereas Bacon doesn't really give a fuck, notably cutting Iceman off mid-sentence to go for a walk.

Indeed, good point. Maybe it'll backfire on both Joe and Hardy in different ways.

Oh, and I wasn't around to mention it when the first ep aired but I was shocked when Maggie Grace got offed, I thought she was actually one of the main cast (she was in the credits as such). I'm glad I wasn't spoiled at all, that one actually worked on me.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 42
RE: The Following - New Purefoy and Bacon Thriller - 10/2/2013 1:54:48 PM   
buffster28

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

Oh, and I wasn't around to mention it when the first ep aired but I was shocked when Maggie Grace got offed, I thought she was actually one of the main cast (she was in the credits as such). I'm glad I wasn't spoiled at all, that one actually worked on me.

quote:

Scruffybobby

yeah i agree but i suppose that was what they were hoping for, esp as shes quite a well known actress.

really liked the latest episode too - didn't guess the wife was a follower too - came as a surprise too me.

am guessing the 6 followers we know aren't the only ones - because thats not really much of a following is it really ? and they've already caught 1 and shot another. maybe we will be introduced to more later on in the season - or there will be a different group for season 2 maybe ?

liking where Emmas charcater is going - as mentioned yeah shes a right nutter. really creepy thet they are trying to teach Joes son too .

Post #: 43
RE: The Following - New Purefoy and Bacon Thriller - 10/2/2013 2:11:07 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: buffster28
yeah i agree but i suppose that was what they were hoping for, esp as shes quite a well known actress.

Oh, it absolutely was, yes. And it worked this time

(in reply to buffster28)
Post #: 44
RE: The Following - New Purefoy and Bacon Thriller - 11/2/2013 12:19:03 PM   
jonson

Yeah, that was the best shock so far. I really didn't think he'd kill her, which is what kept me watching it.
I'm also still curious as to why they haven't arrested everyone who ever visited him in jail, or at least stalk them.

Post #: 45
RE: The Following - New Purefoy and Bacon Thriller - 11/2/2013 1:45:07 PM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

and a good combo of jumps, knife attacks and gore (of which I don't mind either, it's funny watching my wife spenging an hour watching it through her finger tips )

In ep 2 when Bacon was in the bedroom with the row of masks behind him. I knew that something was going to happen but bloody hell that made me jump when the guy jumped out

I'm really liking this and no, I didn't get that the wife was in on it, I'll just have to start suspecting everyone now!

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 46
RE: The Following - New Purefoy and Bacon Thriller - 11/2/2013 2:35:15 PM   
musht

quote:

Yeah, that was the best shock so far. I really didn't think he'd kill her, which is what kept me watching it.
I'm also still curious as to why they haven't arrested everyone who ever visited him in jail, or at least stalk them.

It is a plot hole, but one of those things I suppose where if they did that then there wouldn't really be a show

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 47
RE: The Following - New Purefoy and Bacon Thriller - 14/2/2013 12:09:40 PM   
Peter Griffin

Watched episode 4 last night, bored of it already & the scene near the end in the shower was eye rollingly bad.
Thank god for Justified.

"No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough."

"Me and Pete Griffin would make a beautiful Dead Space ass kicking baby."

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 48
RE: The Following - New Purefoy and Bacon Thriller - 14/2/2013 12:28:25 PM   
Shifty Bench

I'm still enjoying the show but-

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peter Griffin
the scene near the end in the shower was eye rollingly bad.

Yup.

(in reply to Peter Griffin)
Post #: 49
RE: The Following - New Purefoy and Bacon Thriller - 14/2/2013 1:37:57 PM   
musht

quote:

quote:

Yup.

I can't work out if it's the actors or just the characters but those three are really dragging the show down for me

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

Post #: 50
RE: The Following - New Purefoy and Bacon Thriller - 14/2/2013 1:57:10 PM   
Chief

quote:

quote:

Yup.

Yup. She should have had her bra off.

Post #: 51
RE: The Following - New Purefoy and Bacon Thriller - 14/2/2013 4:27:16 PM   
Shifty Bench

Damn Network show!!!!!

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 52
RE: The Following - New Purefoy and Bacon Thriller - 15/2/2013 8:57:44 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

So what's the general opinion on this without spoilers? I have four episodes stacked in my planner, is it worth starting?

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

Post #: 53
RE: The Following - New Purefoy and Bacon Thriller - 15/2/2013 2:14:37 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

So what's the general opinion on this without spoilers? I have four episodes stacked in my planner, is it worth starting?

I would definitely recommend it. It takes a dip after the first episode and there's some boring soapy relationship stuff which can get very tedious but asidet from that I think it's very good

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 54
RE: The Following - New Purefoy and Bacon Thriller - 17/2/2013 4:30:58 PM   
buffster28

good episode with his sister being bought into it . Hope we get to see some more followers soon - or is it really just the 6 of them ? because surely it can't go on much as half of them have aready been caught or are dead now.

yeah the ending was was dodgy - who wears a bra in the shower

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 55
RE: The Following - New Purefoy and Bacon Thriller - 17/2/2013 4:42:07 PM   
Shifty Bench

I'm pretty sure there will be more than just the six, I assume they don't want to introduce loads at once. If the show gets a second season, I have a feeling that a few of the main cast won't be returning.

That's speculation, I don't do spoilers.

(in reply to buffster28)
Post #: 56
RE: The Following - New Purefoy and Bacon Thriller - 21/2/2013 2:31:19 PM   
Chief

Right, they found the house, radio'd for help/SWAT teams etc. and went in and still nobody turned up to help? Why didn't they use that helicopter they had earlier?

Post #: 57
RE: The Following - New Purefoy and Bacon Thriller - 22/2/2013 5:41:59 PM   
jonson

quote:

If the show gets a second season, I have a feeling that a few of the main cast won't be returning.

I'd heard that Bacon and Purefoy had signed up for 7 years, so 7 seasons I would imagine.

quote:

Fuck, sorry.

quote:

Right, they found the house, radio'd for help/SWAT teams etc. and went in and still nobody turned up to help? Why didn't they use that helicopter they had earlier?

That's what I thought. It took them ages to get anyone there (there are some real 24 facepalm moments)

Still enjoying it though.
I think Purefoy is excellently evil, I was wondering what he had on the lawyer for her to be so scared, but the fingers explained that one

Post #: 58
RE: The Following - New Purefoy and Bacon Thriller - 22/2/2013 6:05:57 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

quote:

If the show gets a second season, I have a feeling that a few of the main cast won't be returning.

I'd heard that Bacon and Purefoy had signed up for 7 years, so 7 seasons I would imagine.

quote:

Fuck, sorry.

I see what you did there. That's not really a spoiler, anyway, as contracts change all the time. Also, I very highly doubt the other regular cast members (such as the main three followers) are signed for seven seasons or if they are, they won't get that far. If the show gets to seven seasons, I imagine it'll be a different show to what it is now.

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 59
RE: The Following - New Purefoy and Bacon Thriller - 6/3/2013 9:51:36 AM   
blackduck

Anyone still watching this? I'm only watching now to see just how much bullshite I can tolerate.

I am but an egg.

Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: The Following - New Purefoy and Bacon Thriller Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI