Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

TDKR ends 3D!- all hail king Nolan remover of headaches

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> TDKR ends 3D!- all hail king Nolan remover of headaches Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
TDKR ends 3D!- all hail king Nolan remover of headaches - 17/7/2012 6:30:12 PM   
mclane1

ive been sooooo excited about TDKR that with all the hype it never occured to me it wouldnt be in 3D. Imagine my delight last week, booking tickets for imax (8.30am showing- BRING IT!, wife thrilled of course), to find it was in normal vision and i diddnt have to see it in what can only be described as the 'Plasma lounge' screen (where i had to see Avengers in 2D).

Full respect to mr Nolan for not going down the 3D route when these days its expected. The movie will be absolutely brilliant and a true show that its the quality of the movie that matters not the 3D gimmic.

Im not a betting man but i would go as far as to bet a tube of smarties that the success of TDKR will mark a decline in 3D and in a couple of years it will be relegated to toons and resident evil sequels. Studios will maybe start to see it doesnt have to be in 3D to make the big bucks. plus it gives me headache

who's with me!

If the cash is there, we do not care.
Post #: 1
RE: TDKR ends 3D!- all hail king Nolan remover of heada... - 17/7/2012 6:41:42 PM   
Cool Breeze

While unfortunately TDKR has not exactly killed 3D ( It will always be around as long as idiots pay for it ) im definetly with you in that i hope it makes studios realise that a great film doesnt need such a pointless gimmick.I actually of the opinion that 3D puts as many people OFF going to the cinema even if it does mean studios make a little more from people paying the extra price.

Ful congrats to Nolan who is not only a brilliant filmaker, but one of the few who has the common sense not to use it and the clout to say NO to the studios who ask him to use it ( You hear that Ridley Scott and Michael Bay? ).

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to mclane1)
Post #: 2
RE: TDKR ends 3D!- all hail king Nolan remover of heada... - 17/7/2012 6:44:47 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

While unfortunately TDKR has not exactly killed 3D ( It will always be around as long as idiots pay for it )

As cruel and unusual as it might seem to you, there are some people who do actually like 3D. This does not make them idiots, OK?

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 3
RE: TDKR ends 3D!- all hail king Nolan remover of heada... - 17/7/2012 6:46:44 PM   
directorscut

quote:

ORIGINAL: mclane1

Full respect to mr Nolan for not going down the 3D route when these days its expected. The movie will be absolutely brilliant and a true show that its the quality of the movie that matters not the 3D gimmic.

Im not a betting man but i would go as far as to bet a tube of smarties that the success of TDKR will mark a decline in 3D and in a couple of years it will be relegated to toons and resident evil sequels. Studios will maybe start to see it doesnt have to be in 3D to make the big bucks. plus it gives me headache

who's with me!

Why would The Dark Knight Rises signal a decline in 3D when The Avengers and The Hobbit, which will both make more money than it are both in 3D?

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to mclane1)
Post #: 4
RE: TDKR ends 3D!- all hail king Nolan remover of heada... - 17/7/2012 6:50:22 PM   
Harry Tuttle

Lol at MC.

Trying to bring reason into a crazy fight...

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 5
RE: TDKR ends 3D!- all hail king Nolan remover of heada... - 17/7/2012 6:53:37 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

quote:

who's with me!

Why would The Dark Knight Rises signal a decline in 3D when The Avengers and The Hobbit, which will both make more money than it are both in 3D?

Mind giving us next weeks Lotto numbers while your at it?

If TDKR goes on to the be the biggest grosser of the year it could actually convince studios that 3D is not necessary ( Fat chance i know but youd think the 1 billion plus gross of The Dark Knight would have taught them that )

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 6
RE: TDKR ends 3D!- all hail king Nolan remover of heada... - 17/7/2012 7:02:40 PM   
directorscut

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

quote:

who's with me!

Mind giving us next weeks Lotto numbers while your at it?

If TDKR goes on to the be the biggest grosser of the year it could actually convince studios that 3D is not necessary ( Fat chance i know but youd think the 1 billion plus gross of The Dark Knight would have taught them that )

Internationally The Hobbit will eat TDKR, chew it up, digest it, roll it around into a sludge ball and then spit it out. This is a certainty.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 7
RE: TDKR ends 3D!- all hail king Nolan remover of heada... - 17/7/2012 7:11:06 PM   
elab49

http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=2672360

The 3D discussion thread (for all 3D discussion - does it have a future, is it shit, this film was terrible in it etc etc) was only a couple of pages down

THe place for the Hobbit vs TDKR is, oh wait - there is no vs thread

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> TDKR ends 3D!- all hail king Nolan remover of headaches Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI