Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Olympic Basketball 2012 FIBA London

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> Olympic Basketball 2012 FIBA London Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Olympic Basketball 2012 FIBA London - 17/7/2012 2:12:08 AM   
Lebron James

Hey I took a quick look , couldn't find a main thread for this.
I didn't realize this was a U.K based forum before signing up so i'm not sure about the basketball popularity.

I am currently watching the USA vs Brazil exhibition game. Great game Brazil are really giving them a run for their money.
Any fans out there? I see U.S.A , Spain and Argentina being in the running for the gold.

< Message edited by Lebron James -- 17/7/2012 2:16:18 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Olympic Basketball 2012 FIBA London - 17/7/2012 9:29:59 AM   
kata

Been a pretty big Basketball fan since the Early 90's. Still remember the Dream Team in the Barcelona Olympics.

Will probably watch whatever is on over here.

XBL: GeneralLee79
PSN: GeneralLee_UK
Steam: GeneralLee_uk

Lovely detective work.

"Don't buy wigs that come off at the wrong time"

(in reply to Lebron James)
Post #: 2
RE: Olympic Basketball 2012 FIBA London - 20/7/2012 2:27:00 AM   
Lebron James

There has been comparison's to the original dream team with this team... but I don't see it lol.

Maybe if everyone was healthy, no so many dropouts. But still, it's a push.

I def think this will be the best Olympics in a decade.

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 3
RE: Olympic Basketball 2012 FIBA London - 20/7/2012 11:02:25 AM   
Flatulent_Bob

You can't beat B'ball and hockey for a bit of Yankie/Ruskie face off nostalgia during the olympics. Its one of the highlights of the whole event.

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

Post #: 4
RE: Olympic Basketball 2012 FIBA London - 20/7/2012 2:18:26 PM   
boaby

The 'merkins gubbed Team GB in a warm up yesterday without breaking sweat. Used as a training excercise from around midway through the 2nd quarter.

"King" James made a right horlicks of a dunk, which amused me. Big wind up, going for showboating statement... RIM. Ooops.

The 'merkins are saying all the right things in the media. No pre-tourney triumphalism yet.

Team GB look in a bit of trouble. Sure, it was the 'merkins they were playing, but still. So, so, so reliant on Deng.

"Aberdonians, and with some degree of purpose and right on their side, have absolute contempt for Glasgow. There is a side of Aberdonians who, let's be absolutely honest about this, feel so superior to Glasgow that you can measure it by the yard."

Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> Olympic Basketball 2012 FIBA London Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI