Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Dark Knight Rises

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: The Dark Knight Rises Page: <<   < prev  82 83 84 85 [86]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 6/2/2013 1:39:56 AM   
Mr Gittes

Well said. Indeed, some of the plot holes people are so happy to dig into do actually have logical or emotional explanations.

But, regardless, I've never really had a problem with plot holes as long as I care about the story and characters and the movie is well directed and acted. I think this new internet sensation formed by the likes of the Plinkett reviews have led some to believe that plot holes and minor flaws make movies bad when really it's because the reviewed movies were just badly made with stories and characters that were simply not engaging. Poor plot logic was the least of The Phantom Menace's problems.

These people need to realise that plot holes do not always mean bad storytelling. I mean, for crying out loud, if they're going to pick TDKR apart, they may as well dig into the other two Nolan Bat-films while they're at it, not to mention LOTR (well, if they're going to give Nolan shit about sending all the cops into the sewers, they can't ignore Sauron sending all his orcs to the Black Gate). And you could spend all day on the original Star Wars movies when it comes to plot holes. Even Metropolis has Swiss cheese for a plot and don't get me started on North By Northwest; practically every scene of that movie has ridiculous plot logic. The entire story of Citizen Kane stems from a plot hole (Who heard him say "Rosebud" in the first place?). This doesn't really count as a plot hole but at the end of The Shawshank Redemption (SPOILER ALERT!) does Andy just go on living in his own paradise with no problem that the man who killed the woman he loved is still roaming free?

However, do these plot holes stop any of the above from being classic movies? Not for me, anyway. So they sure don't stop me from loving The Dark Knight Rises. If some people don't like the stuff that truly matters, like the story or the characters, in the movie then fair enough. However if they don't like the movie because it has plot holes then, frankly, I think they need to wake up. But, hey, certain things bug certain people. I've always hated unnecessary voice-overs and overuse of steadicam, myself. Although it still doesn't stop me from liking movies that feature them (Kick-Ass for the former, any good Clint Eastwood-directed movie post-Unforgiven for the latter). Rant finished.

(in reply to jobloffski)
Post #: 2551
RE: TDKR - 6/2/2013 8:58:47 AM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phubbs

SPOILER WARNING!

The Dark Knight Rises

I will admit deep down I have always preferred the Burton Batman's I cannot lie. I think there are two camps for the Batman films and like marmite you either like or dislike them. Lets step into the Nolan universe one last time then shall we...supposedly.

So the film continues on from the previous two films and continuity wise its very well done. Everything and everyone is back in the places they should be ready to follow through on this epic portrayal of the Batman. Problems arise as we delve deeper into the story and the main villain 'Bane' begins to cause problems for our hero.

Of course being a comicbook adaptation you can't expect the film to be totally serious or sensible, there will always be elements of fantasy. The problem with this franchise is its made out to be a serious thriller type, the well used 'Heat with Batman' phrase springs to mind. Thusly the comicbook element has been somewhat drained away, yes it has, you can't really have it both ways folks and this third installment stalls trying to incorporate both sides. Make your mind up Nolan.

I'm gonna be harsh as such a ridiculously high level was expected with this film there seems no other way to bring it down to earth. Plot holes? yes, the plot isn't anything particularly original and its skips around like crazy. 'Bane' breaks Batman's back, OK, yet he then drags him to a prison somewhere in the middle of nowhere and leaves him to recover, what? why not just kill the guy and then you've won you silly villain. While I'm here, where was this prison exactly? a desert? the Middle East?? huh?.

Upon this we then have the rather daft notion that 'Wayne' then recovers from this horrendous injury merely by doing lots of push ups, sit ups and chin ups...oh after he was strung up with rope for god knows how long, eh?.

Once 'Wayne' is back to full fitness he manages to escape the inescapable prison naturally, but then hold on, one minute he's in the outback somewhere, next scene he's back in Gotham?. On top of that how did he get back into Gotham seeing as its locked down and cut off?.

Carrying on with 'Bane' his voice, I'm sorry but it just sounded hilariously stupid to me, like something from an old Peter Cushing Hammer Horror. I realise it wasn't suppose to be overly intimidating or forced like Bale's god awful Batman voice but come on! it was like some kind of chirpy English sort from 'My Fair Lady' haha. Add to that the curious design for his face mask which still kinda looks like a dog muzzle made in a school metalwork class.

As for the other anti hero character in 'Catwoman' I'm split. I still hold firm on the bad casting choice for this character as Hathaway looks far too weak and princess-like to be able to hold her own. The outfit was a hot potato and although in motion it didn't look too bad the entire idea that she is a top catburglar yet runs around basically showing off her whole head and face is so stupid. Surely this concept meant that 'Catwoman' required her much loved hood for cover? you'd think it would be a good move for identity secrecy. In dialog Hathaway performed well with her devious slinky ass but in action she simply didn't look right, as suspected.

To be quite frank the whole film was quite average really. The effects weren't anything to shout about like the ropey CGI football field explosion, the jerky rubbery Batbike thing and oddly shaped Batwing thing. Also the film did seem somewhat watered down this time also. I know death has not been shown in full glory in any of the films but even more so here, complete cut aways in some places, very childish for a hard edged approach.

We all knew from the outset that Batman was gonna get his arse kicked, what we didn't know was how it might all end. To be brutally honest the whole thing was very lackluster and seemed to even pinch a plot idea from the original 1966 caper with Adam West!. I am referring to the finale where Batman must make a decision to save Gotham City from the mighty bomb. Gee errr just fly away with it Batman?.

This film has shown how good the previous two films are for me, and I'm not the biggest fan of the second. It just seems as though this film ran out of steam, baddie character choices and eye popping set pieces. 'Banes' death was way way too weak for such a big presence, the 'Scarecrow' cameo felt unnecessary or crowbarred in for no reason, the 'Blake' character was always the obvious new 'Boy Wonder/Batman' type right from the get go and pretty much everything tied up very predictably right down to the fact that 'Wayne' appears to have survived after all, bless.

If you enjoyed the previous films then I'm sure you will carry on enjoying this final adventure, if not then you won't think much of this. It does come down to whether you prefer the fantasy aspect of Batman which is gloriously shown in the Burton films if somewhat over done at times, or you prefer the grounded, hard serious approach by the Nolan trilogy.

Visually dynamic (accept for the awful camo coloured tumblers), bold, flashy and with a great stellar cast but ultimately overrated and it still just doesn't feel like a Batman film. Cliched maybe but I just wish there was a little more dark goth involved in these films and less cop drama.

You had me at Burton

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 6/2/2013 8:59:26 AM >

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to Phubbs)
Post #: 2552
RE: TDKR - 6/2/2013 9:05:04 AM   
Dannybohy

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/197/319/batman-bomb.gif?1320800858

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 6/2/2013 9:07:13 AM >

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 2553
RE: TDKR - 6/2/2013 11:10:23 AM   
Don_a_van

quote:

Cliched maybe but I just wish there was a little more dark goth involved in these films and less cop drama.

Not going to get into the plot holes argument as every film has them but this IMO is the most important reason why Nolan's Batman doesn't work for me. If Christain Bale didn't have his mask, I could have been watching an episode of CSI New York (with a similiar effects\stunt budget too).

Not saying Burton's films are the best by a long chalk as they also have their fare share of issues but the one thing he did get spot on was capturing the atmosphere of "Batman"

I've yet to watch my perfect Batman movie I'm afraid.

(in reply to Phubbs)
Post #: 2554
RE: TDKR - 6/2/2013 11:16:39 AM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: Don_a_van

For me Adam West's Batman is almost there. lol hipster choice

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Don_a_van)
Post #: 2555
RE: TDKR - 6/2/2013 11:58:09 AM   
AxlReznor

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

quote:

Or the choice of someone who likes appallingly cheesy movies.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 2556
RE: TDKR - 6/2/2013 11:58:20 AM   
Dannybohy

quote:

quote:

Cliched maybe but I just wish there was a little more dark goth involved in these films and less cop drama.

Not going to get into the plot holes argument as every film has them but this IMO is the most important reason why Nolan's Batman doesn't work for me. If Christain Bale didn't have his mask, I could have been watching an episode of CSI New York (with a similiar effects\stunt budget too).

Not saying Burton's films are the best by a long chalk as they also have their fare share of issues but the one thing he did get spot on was capturing the atmosphere of "Batman"

I thought Nolan managed to create a great Gotham in Batman Begins, the slums, the monorail etc. Then I go to the cinema to watch TDK, first scene in bleached daylight on mundane cityscape, looking more like a scene from HEAT! and I'm like! what the hell!! I enjoyed TDK but it felt like a completely different version of Gotham from Begins. I watched Begins again at the weekend so I know what I say is the truth!.. love the calling in the Bats scene! ...

I've played the perfect Batman video game.. so that's something!! role on the next Batman reboot I guess :)

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 6/2/2013 11:59:57 AM >

(in reply to Don_a_van)
Post #: 2557
RE: TDKR - 6/2/2013 12:09:21 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: AxlReznor

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

quote:

Or the choice of someone who likes appallingly cheesy movies.

That too.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 2558
RE: TDKR - 6/2/2013 2:15:44 PM   
Don_a_van

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dannybohy

I thought Nolan managed to create a great Gotham in Batman Begins, the slums, the monorail etc. Then I go to the cinema to watch TDK, first scene in bleached daylight on mundane cityscape, looking more like a scene from HEAT! and I'm like! what the hell!! I enjoyed TDK but it felt like a completely different version of Gotham from Begins. I watched Begins again at the weekend so I know what I say is the truth!.. love the calling in the Bats scene! ...

I've played the perfect Batman video game.. so that's something!! role on the next Batman reboot I guess :)

Yep I can agree with that, BB got close (although still not perfect for me), the others were basically set in New York. The Batman video games have been the best representation of Batman so far for me, absolutely spot on in terms of atmosphere and the Batman character himself.

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 2559
RE: TDKR - 6/2/2013 2:42:19 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dannybohy

Yep I can agree with that, BB got close (although still not perfect for me), the others were basically set in New York. The Batman video games have been the best representation of Batman so far for me, absolutely spot on in terms of atmosphere and the Batman character himself.

Not even as interesting as New York! felt like Chicago or DC. I think the amount of Daytime shots in TDK and TDKR was a bad call.
Couldn't agree more! over all the Arkham Games nailed it! even the Batsuit and gadgets are great, wouldn't change a thing.

(in reply to Don_a_van)
Post #: 2560
RE: TDKR - 6/2/2013 6:49:39 PM   
rich

Besides the Narrows though... it was always basically Chicago.

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 2561
RE: TDKR - 6/2/2013 7:59:13 PM   
Cool Breeze

The second best trilogy closer next to The Bourne Ultimatum.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 2562
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 7/2/2013 12:41:54 PM   
Lisamoviegeek

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr Gittes

Well said. Indeed, some of the plot holes people are so happy to dig into do actually have logical or emotional explanations.

But, regardless, I've never really had a problem with plot holes as long as I care about the story and characters and the movie is well directed and acted. I think this new internet sensation formed by the likes of the Plinkett reviews have led some to believe that plot holes and minor flaws make movies bad when really it's because the reviewed movies were just badly made with stories and characters that were simply not engaging. Poor plot logic was the least of The Phantom Menace's problems.

These people need to realise that plot holes do not always mean bad storytelling. I mean, for crying out loud, if they're going to pick TDKR apart, they may as well dig into the other two Nolan Bat-films while they're at it, not to mention LOTR (well, if they're going to give Nolan shit about sending all the cops into the sewers, they can't ignore Sauron sending all his orcs to the Black Gate). And you could spend all day on the original Star Wars movies when it comes to plot holes. Even Metropolis has Swiss cheese for a plot and don't get me started on North By Northwest; practically every scene of that movie has ridiculous plot logic. The entire story of Citizen Kane stems from a plot hole (Who heard him say "Rosebud" in the first place?). This doesn't really count as a plot hole but at the end of The Shawshank Redemption (SPOILER ALERT!) does Andy just go on living in his own paradise with no problem that the man who killed the woman he loved is still roaming free?

However, do these plot holes stop any of the above from being classic movies? Not for me, anyway. So they sure don't stop me from loving The Dark Knight Rises. If some people don't like the stuff that truly matters, like the story or the characters, in the movie then fair enough. However if they don't like the movie because it has plot holes then, frankly, I think they need to wake up. But, hey, certain things bug certain people. I've always hated unnecessary voice-overs and overuse of steadicam, myself. Although it still doesn't stop me from liking movies that feature them (Kick-Ass for the former, any good Clint Eastwood-directed movie post-Unforgiven for the latter). Rant finished.

Well said! I agree.

(in reply to Mr Gittes)
Post #: 2563
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 8/2/2013 11:42:23 AM   
chris kilby

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr Gittes

I think you might appreciate this:

http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3477026

(in reply to Mr Gittes)
Post #: 2564
The Dark Knight Rses - 21/2/2013 3:06:01 PM   
LukeTheFilmFan

The Best Ending To One Of The Greatest Trilogies Of All Time

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2565
- 26/6/2013 1:19:09 PM   
Riggs

Good film though it would've been great if there weren't so many continuity errors.

Post #: 2566
The Dark Knight Rises (2012) - 31/7/2013 10:40:36 AM   
BJORNtheBLU

Ever has a film been so hyped up as The Dark Knight Rises. Probably not but it is understandable because in 2005, when Christopher Nolan rebooted and resuited Batman, the cinematic reputation of the Caped Crusader was at a pitiful low after the campy and brainless Film That Shall Not Be Named, oh I may as well say it ‘Batman and Robin.’ I now shiver in disgust. Directed by Joel Schumacher, who for a while we thought had ruined Batman forever. You see what I did there. But, a short seven years later, Nolan came into the picture and delivered his signature Batman recipe that would be known as Batman Begins. “Meh. It’s not as impressive as The Dark Knight.” In this final entry into Nolan's epic trilogy he has successfully raised the bar so high, no-one could be expected to clear it. Still, whether you believe this betters Begins or eclipses Knight, it is certainly a satisfying conclusion to what is now - we’re calling it - the best superhero series of all time. I know this is going to split lots of people in terms of which one is the best. Turns out The Dark Knight Rises is my favorite out of the three.

I don’t think that Nolan ever really wanted his Batman to be ‘super’, I think he just wanted it to be better than Batman and Robin. But instead, Nolan posed what proved to be a compelling question 'what if this were real?', Nolan bends more rules of physics than he breaks, with his heart focused on the heart of Bruce Wayne, a child traumatised by the murder of his parents and raised with a rage he cannot quench. Rises asks other probing questions: Can you redeem without sacrifice? Can revenge bring peace?. Rises and Begins have a huge and satisfying link together. The League of Shadows (No Spoilers), Ra's Al Ghul. There is lots, so I would recommend seeing Batman Begins before you see this one because both link very nicely together throughout the movie and if you haven't seen Begins you will be thinking to yourself 'wait what that all about'. In the trailers there were worries that Bane sounds like Sean Connery gargling marbles in a wind tunnel, but it turns out to be largely irrelevant and the verbal clarity of the masked, muscled monster is pretty clear. As the art though Tom Hardy certainly looks the part, I mean he could have even played the Hulk and this is convincing as the man who could break the Bat. For the first time, perhaps ever, you really worry for Batman, with his armoured suit unable to disguise a relative physical frailty, his body worn down by years of putting it in the literal line of fire for the citizens of Gotham. He definatly gets is body tested in this film.

Bane is not fueled simply by whatever pumps through his mask, either, as Alfred played wonderfully by Michael Caine again observes: “I see the power of belief.” Nor is Bane this huge Hulk guy that has venom pumped through his body like in the comics. Nolan has taken what he calls the more ‘realistic’ tone for his Bane. Michael Caine plays the Wayne family butler beautifully and the relationship between both Bruce and Alfred is very emotive in many scenes. He has acted as his master’s conscience throughout the films and he’s at it again here, challenging the bruised billionaire about what he could achieve if he sought social justice instead of rough. Indeed, there’s a sense that Wayne has regressed back to the boy of Begins, his journey out of the grief of his orphaning reset by the death of his childhood love. As Gotham prospers in the wake of the criminal crackdown brought about by the death of District Attorney Harvey Dent, Wayne feels he can stay hidden in his mansion, a truculent Beast resisting being transformed by Marion Cotillard’s Beauty. Where his parents were active, Wayne nurses only his own grief as he walks around the rebuilt Wayne Manor with a stick as symbolic of his psychological frailty as his physical degeneration. That was coursed by the ending of the Dark Knight. Here, the film could be said to be going over old ground, but Wayne’s mental fissure has been mined in the comics for 73 years and it’s testament to Christian Bale’s soulful performance that we once again feel for a man born to privilege but eternally trapped in a personal prison. Its all about feeling sorry for Wayne in this film, and as a viewer you really do.

This is aided by a farewell and and closing address to Harvey Dent in the first act with everything freighted with the knowledge of its finality and a sense that this will not end well. Caine is all heart in a beautiful recollection about his hopes for his surrogate son, while Joseph Gordon-Levitt who looks supremely dashing despite a somewhat glamour-free role as a young rookie police officer ‘hot head’ with a sorrow-fuelled speech, and I actually really dug his character.The action is this film is superb, it has very real and dark tone to it which really works with the tone of the movie. The action scene within the first act is exciting but what is really interesting is the first fight between Batman and Bane about half way into the movie. Well choreographed fight scenes, none of Hans Zimmer’s score in the background, just full on ‘whack’, ‘pow’ and shazam’. Full on punching, its surprisingly satisfying. Mentioning Hans Zimmer's score briefly would be failing this review. His score is phenomenal. It gave me goose bumps in many of the scenes because it works with Nolan's movies really well and Nolan regognises that Hans is a genius.

The Nolan Batman's are at it’s best in the more intimate moments, whether it’s a man finally realising a hero’s identity, or the jewelry stealing scene at the beginning of the film, which gives us the introduction of a new character. As slinky burglar Selina Kyle, Anne Hathaway is superb, physically dangerous, emotionally intriguing and sexy without milking it. It’s a very different take from the slutty Catwoman portrayed by Michelle Pfeiffer, but no less enjoyable.But it is a more mature take on the character, which was needed for this film. As ambiguous as Kyle is, her journey shares with Wayne’s a sense of struggling for a fresh start, for a clean slate, ultimately for redemption.

Many of the best characters in the Batman universe offer a mirror to the man himself, whether walking that razor-wire between justice and revenge, or being trapped by the traumas of the past. And as always with Nolan film the characters are really well fleshed out. They are all given the right amount of screen time for their parts and the script by the two Nolan’s and David S. Goyer is fantastic as always. I think that hardcore fans of the comic books are unlikely to feel surprised by many story twists here, but that’s no surprise in itself given the DC icon’s extensive history. What’s impressive is how Nolan, his fellow story wrangler David S. Goyer and co-screenwriter Jonathan Nolan have found a way to bring their Bat-cycle full circle without coasting — instead touching on our world within a comic-book context. Many of the best characters in the Batman universe offer a mirror to the man himself, whether walking that razor-wire between justice and revenge, or being trapped by the traumas of the past. And as always with Nolan film the characters are really well fleshed out. They are all given the right amount of screen time for their parts and the script by the two Nolan’s and David S. Goyer is fantastic as always.

In all honesty this is the best film in the series for me because you get an even more interesting storyline, Bane brings a bigger threat to Gotham, there is great characterisation going on in this film for each of the main protagonists. Brilliant script, great score, this is definatly the best film of 2012. The only real problem I have with this film is Matthew Modine’s performance but that is fairly easy to get past. There is no other rating to give this but an A+.

< Message edited by BJORNtheBLU -- 31/7/2013 10:45:07 AM >

Post #: 2567
The Dark Knight Rises (2012) - 31/7/2013 10:41:04 AM   
BJORNtheBLU

The Dark Knight Rises

< Message edited by BJORNtheBLU -- 31/7/2013 10:45:21 AM >

Post #: 2568
"The shadows betray you... because they belong to ... - 15/10/2013 7:07:22 AM   
movienut707

If there is one prevailing negative factor to The Dark Knight Rises, it is solely in comparing it to its predecessors. Apart from that, this is a first-rate summer blockbuster with some of the finest action set-pieces you're likely to see in a long time.

< Message edited by movienut707 -- 15/10/2013 7:13:21 AM >

Post #: 2569
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 6/6/2014 4:17:04 PM   
Hillsman

Rgirvan44 - Really enjoyed your review. Nicely summed up everything that is wrong with DKR. For me, it was the biggest disappointment since the Matrix sequels. Haven't bothered to watch it since.

(in reply to cerebusboy)
Post #: 2570
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 14/6/2014 10:02:01 AM   
chris kilby

quote:

ORIGINAL: Porrohman

I'd like to know how bruce got from wollaton hall in nottingham to gotham so quick! bloody stupid i tell thee.

There must be some sort of space-time anomaly or wormhole in Nottingham. That would also explain how the Costner incarnation of Robin Hood got from Dover to Sherwood Forest so fast! Hey, do you think Nottingham will feature prominently in Nolan's upcoming Interstellar?

(SPOILER ALERT! I believe Capaldi's new Doctor Who will be meeting Robin Hood some time soon. Maybe that explains it...)

< Message edited by chris kilby -- 14/6/2014 10:09:08 AM >

(in reply to Porrohman)
Post #: 2571
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 14/6/2014 10:05:26 AM   
chris kilby

Just a measly 86 pages? And I thought this sucker would break the ton, too.

Now, much as I loved TDKR (see: posts passim!), that ending was a bit of a cheat, wasn't it...?*

* And I'm one of the biggest "Nolan fanboys/apologists" on the web. Apparently.

< Message edited by chris kilby -- 14/6/2014 10:06:57 AM >

(in reply to chris kilby)
Post #: 2572
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 17/6/2014 12:59:13 AM   
max314

If The Dark Knight Rises were a parachute, you'd drop like a stone from all the holes in it. But it would be an exhilarating trip back to Earth.

★★★★

MAX

Laying the 314 on your candy ass.

(in reply to chris kilby)
Post #: 2573
RE: The Dark Knight Rises (2012) - 17/6/2014 9:29:36 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: BJORNtheBLU

The Dark Knight Rises

Very insightful review there.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to BJORNtheBLU)
Post #: 2574
RE: The Dark Knight Rises (2012) - 18/6/2014 1:13:08 AM   
ElephantBoy

The plot holes were not the problem for me, just the bland Villain and over long running time. For the first time over the three films I was actually getting bored. Making it more into a action film was a slight flaw this time. Still lots to enjoy, and some of what I didn't like about it may have been more down to how much I liked the other two.

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 2575
RE: The Dark Knight Rises (2012) - 18/6/2014 9:03:27 PM   
Cool Breeze

I think this is currently my favourite of the trilogy.Epic in every way with great performances, action, and humour.Was never a huge fan of Anne Hathaway but she really nails the role of Selina Kyle.Would love to see a spin off based on her character.

(in reply to ElephantBoy)
Post #: 2576
RE: The Dark Knight Rises (2012) - 20/6/2014 8:26:39 AM   
Dr Lenera

It's my favourite of the trilogy too....a decent amount of action for once for a start....but still nothing special. Doubt I'll ever buy the trilogy.

< Message edited by Dr Lenera -- 20/6/2014 8:27:01 AM >

check out more of my reviews on http://horrorcultfilms.co.uk/

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 2577
Page:   <<   < prev  82 83 84 85 [86]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: The Dark Knight Rises Page: <<   < prev  82 83 84 85 [86]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI