Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: This town needs an enema

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: This town needs an enema Page: <<   < prev  77 78 [79] 80 81   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: This town needs an enema - 23/8/2012 12:07:11 AM   
cerebusboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Renegade

quote:

ORIGINAL: chris kilby

quote:

ORIGINAL: cerebusboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: BatSpider

Saw it last night only on account of there being nothing else at the cinema. I dislike Nolan's entire output, but tried to keep an open mind. And still ended up thinking it sucks the big one. Nolan may be good at throwing layers of shit on top of shit to disguise how deeply ponderous his movies are, but he wouldn't know style if it bit him on the a$$. True passion needs a lighter touch, not the stale cheese Nolan's been shoving down our throats. Some of us can see through it. He and his gimp-voiced Batman can fuck off now, and stay fucked off.

Yup, you definitely approached it with an open mind.

Yo Chris where you been? I thought something terrible had happened, like you'd been in an accident or got a life or something

Sorry. I was busy inadvertently upsetting the unusual suspects with my belated (very belated) reviews of Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. I had no idea that posting film reviews on the review threads of a dedicated film website (the website of "The World's BIGGEST Film Magazine," no less) was so controversial. Go figure. There's nowt as queer as fandom...

PS: Something terrible did happen. But... I... I... Don't want to talk about it. * sniff *

(Some nasty boys tried to gang up on me. You really have no idea how traumatic I found the whole experience. I haven't slept for days... )

Just checking out The Dark Knight thread - some good shit on there! Although, I am wondering if The Renegade is a new poster or your new Batman style secret identity

Yeah, I noticed that. I'm actually surprised no-one made that suggestion sooner. Wherever I go online, I seem to attract admirers and detractors in equal measure. But no. I would just like to say officially, unequivocally and on the record, I have no alter-egos or other identities, secret or otherwise. I think one Kilby is more than enough, don't you...?

I'm his #1 fan .. ( Now there's a quote for you.. )

http://rapgenius.com/Eminem-stan-lyrics

(in reply to The Renegade)
Post #: 2341
RE: This town needs an enema - 23/8/2012 12:07:12 AM   
The Renegade

quote:

You should get him to tell the story of all three, like C3PO in Return of the Jedi!

Do I look like a masochist ??

< Message edited by The Renegade -- 23/8/2012 12:09:32 AM >

(in reply to cerebusboy)
Post #: 2342
RE: This town needs an enema - 23/8/2012 12:08:20 AM   
The Renegade

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Saw it last night only on account of there being nothing else at the cinema. I dislike Nolan's entire output, but tried to keep an open mind. And still ended up thinking it sucks the big one. Nolan may be good at throwing layers of shit on top of shit to disguise how deeply ponderous his movies are, but he wouldn't know style if it bit him on the a$$. True passion needs a lighter touch, not the stale cheese Nolan's been shoving down our throats. Some of us can see through it. He and his gimp-voiced Batman can fuck off now, and stay fucked off.

Yo Chris where you been? I thought something terrible had happened, like you'd been in an accident or got a life or something

Sorry. I was busy inadvertently upsetting the unusual suspects with my belated (very belated) reviews of Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. I had no idea that posting film reviews on the review threads of a dedicated film website (the website of "The World's BIGGEST Film Magazine," no less) was so controversial. Go figure. There's nowt as queer as fandom...

PS: Something terrible did happen. But... I... I... Don't want to talk about it. * sniff *

(Some nasty boys tried to gang up on me. You really have no idea how traumatic I found the whole experience. I haven't slept for days... )

Just checking out The Dark Knight thread - some good shit on there! Although, I am wondering if The Renegade is a new poster or your new Batman style secret identity

Yeah, I noticed that. I'm actually surprised no-one made that suggestion sooner. Wherever I go online, I seem to attract admirers and detractors in equal measure. But no. I would just like to say officially, unequivocally and on the record, I have no alter-egos or other identities, secret or otherwise. I think one Kilby is more than enough, don't you...?

I'm his #1 fan .. ( Now there's a quote for you.. )

http://rapgenius.com/Eminem-stan-lyrics

I was thinking more Annie Wilkes actually , but good call .

(in reply to cerebusboy)
Post #: 2343
RE: This town needs an enema - 23/8/2012 12:09:09 AM   
cerebusboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Ah, so Renegade is more like one of the Batmen-in-hockey-pads from Dark Knight, inspired by your actions?

(in reply to chris kilby)
Post #: 2344
RE: This town needs an enema - 23/8/2012 12:10:51 AM   
cerebusboy

quote:

quote:

You should get him to tell the story of all three, like C3PO in Return of the Jedi!

This is the internet! You can look like Natalie Portman seductively eating a banana when you're really a 20 stone guy in a basement

Post #: 2345
RE: This town needs an enema - 23/8/2012 12:11:20 AM   
The Renegade

quote:

Ah, so Renegade is more like one of the Batmen-in-hockey-pads from Dark Knight, inspired by your actions?

i prefer to think of myself as Robin..

< Message edited by The Renegade -- 23/8/2012 12:12:39 AM >

(in reply to cerebusboy)
Post #: 2346
RE: This town needs an enema - 23/8/2012 12:12:07 AM   
The Renegade

quote:

quote:

quote:

This is the internet! You can look like Natalie Portman seductively eating a banana when you're really a 20 stone guy in a basement

No basement , but spot on for the other..

(in reply to cerebusboy)
Post #: 2347
RE: This town needs an enema - 23/8/2012 12:13:37 AM   
chris kilby

quote:

quote:

Lol! Batman Begins came out three years before Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull! The Private Members Club heavies will have eaten you alive! Of course, I'm sure none of them dished out any ad hom eh ?

Many have tried. None, as yet, have succeeded. You should see all the dead trolls I've got piled up out the back. I use 'em as sandbags when it rains.

(That wasn't a challenge, BTW. I love trolls really. Couldn't eat a whole one, mind. Well, maybe for breakfast... )

(in reply to cerebusboy)
Post #: 2348
RE: This town needs an enema - 23/8/2012 12:14:57 AM   
Rgirvan44

Hoes?

Come on dude - be better than that.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

Post #: 2349
RE: This town needs an enema - 23/8/2012 12:15:00 AM   
cerebusboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

Lol! Batman Begins came out three years before Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull! The Private Members Club heavies will have eaten you alive! Of course, I'm sure none of them dished out any ad hom eh ?

Many have tried. None, as yet, have succeeded. You should see all the dead trolls I've got piled up out the back. I use 'em as sandbags when it rains.

(That wasn't a challenge, BTW. I love trolls really. Couldn't eat a whole one, mind. Well, maybe for breakfast... )

Batman himself would be proud

Post #: 2350
RE: This town needs an enema - 23/8/2012 12:16:17 AM   
cerebusboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

Hoes?

what's wrong with hoes? Are we not allowed bitches either?!?! What if Tarantino wanted to post here and use the n-word?

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 2351
RE: This town needs an enema - 23/8/2012 12:17:02 AM   
cerebusboy

quote:

Hoes?

That said, my apologies to anyone offended by that, especially if there are any women still reading this thread.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 2352
RE: This town needs an enema - 23/8/2012 12:17:07 AM   
chris kilby

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

See what I did here? 7 posts in one! It's like Inception or something!

Speaking of which, I saw Following yesterday. I take it everyone else who's seen it in the last 2 years, also got the feeling that Nolan has been meaning to make Inception for a long time? Sure there's no Dreams Within Dreams stuff, but they really felt similar

Did you spot the Batman logo (circa 1989) on the door, though? Spooky, serendipity, or what? Maybe it was Fate...

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 2353
RE: This town needs an enema - 23/8/2012 12:17:42 AM   
cerebusboy

quote:

quote:

i prefer to think of myself as Robin..

There's a Robin reference in DKR! Lots of people on the thread said they'd have preferred "Dick" tho

Post #: 2354
RE: This town needs an enema - 23/8/2012 12:18:50 AM   
cerebusboy

quote:

quote:

Speaking of which, I saw Following yesterday. I take it everyone else who's seen it in the last 2 years, also got the feeling that Nolan has been meaning to make Inception for a long time? Sure there's no Dreams Within Dreams stuff, but they really felt similar

Did you spot the Batman logo (circa 1989) on the door, though? Spooky, serendipity, or what? Maybe it was Fate...

I can't remember when it was made, but remember the 89 Batman logo went through a period of being EVERYWHERE. People who'd never read a comic in their lives got it shaved into their heads!

Post #: 2355
RE: This town needs an enema - 23/8/2012 12:19:13 AM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

quote:

Hoes?

what's wrong with hoes? Are we not allowed bitches either?!?! What if Tarantino wanted to post here and use the n-word?

Given the forum has plenty of female posters as well just a tad uncouth is all.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to cerebusboy)
Post #: 2356
RE: This town needs an enema - 23/8/2012 12:19:33 AM   
The Renegade

quote:

quote:

quote:

I can be Natalie Portman if you so desire.. BTW . I have actually seen some films. . i'm not just here to stalk Chris ( Although that's always fun ) just not recent ones.

(in reply to cerebusboy)
Post #: 2357
RE: This town needs an enema - 23/8/2012 12:21:09 AM   
elab49

Site rules are in Empire Online sub-forum. Sexist and offensive language like that isn't welcomed, no.

And as I mentioned already - could you please take the love-in somewhere else. I'm sure I've seen someone repeatedly post complaining the thread wasn't on-topic discussion of TDKR

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to cerebusboy)
Post #: 2358
RE: This town needs an enema - 23/8/2012 12:21:35 AM   
cerebusboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I can be Natalie Portman if you so desire.. BTW . I have actually seen some films. . i'm not just here to stalk Chris ( Although that's always fun ) just not recent ones.

Fair dos, what sort of stuff do you like?

I know a girl who looks like Natalie Portman AND Cheryl Cole AND supports the Glorious Glasgow Rangers! If she liked comics she'd be like the perfect woman

Nolan said he has going for old school Hollywood spectacle with DKR - and personally I think he succeeded!

Post #: 2359
RE: This town needs an enema - 23/8/2012 12:23:08 AM   
The Renegade

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

Site rules are in Empire Online sub-forum. Sexist and offensive language like that isn't welcomed, no.

And as I mentioned already - could you please take the love-in somewhere else. I'm sure I've seen someone repeatedly post complaining the thread wasn't on-topic discussion of TDKR

Sorry . If you could point me in the direction of a thread for general chit chat . I'm new here ..

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 2360
RE: This town needs an enema - 23/8/2012 12:24:52 AM   
cerebusboy

quote:

No worries, although I would strongly disagree that "hoe" is sexist and offensive in and of itself. I wouldn't say someone calling a particular male human a "dick" or a "bastard" misandric! There's a lot of hoes in hip-hop, and sometimes it's romantic.

Will check out sub-forum rules and learn ASAP.

I've had on topic references in nearly every DKR post since the last one, but I'm just trying to be nice to Renegade - don't want to scare off the newbies!

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 2361
RE: This town needs an enema - 23/8/2012 12:26:10 AM   
Hood_Man

quote:

quote:

I did! How spooky, and to think it was only 4-5 years later that he started working on Batman Begins. Funny how things work out

Post #: 2362
RE: This town needs an enema - 23/8/2012 12:26:28 AM   
cerebusboy

quote:

quote:

Sorry . If you could point me in the direction of a thread for general chit chat . I'm new here ..

I don't use those threads myself - don't really have the time - but I heard there's posts on things like Scotland that have got up to 1,000 pages!

If you've got a favourite film or something it might be worth googling it in Empire and then checking out the review thread for it. Some of the regulars get grumpy when you comment on old threads, but Elab the mod himself confirmed that there's no rule against it.

Post #: 2363
RE: This town needs an enema - 23/8/2012 12:27:30 AM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

quote:

quote:

I don't use those threads myself - don't really have the time - but I heard there's posts on things like Scotland that have got up to 1,000 pages!

If you've got a favourite film or something it might be worth googling it in Empire and then checking out the review thread for it. Some of the regulars get grumpy when you comment on old threads, but Elab the mod himself confirmed that there's no rule against it.

Never fails, does it elab?

(in reply to cerebusboy)
Post #: 2364
RE: This town needs an enema - 23/8/2012 12:28:18 AM   
Rgirvan44

General chit-chat tends to go in here;

http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=1440381&mpage=792

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 2365
RE: This town needs an enema - 23/8/2012 12:29:35 AM   
cerebusboy

quote:

Thanks, I've found it. To be honest, I wish it had been promoted more - I had no idea about some of the rules - just look at the one about no clips or links for anything stronger than a 12A!

Howevver, I'll try and get it memorised ASAP>

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 2366
RE: This town needs an enema - 23/8/2012 12:32:07 AM   
cerebusboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'm sorry is Elab a woman - my apologies Elab, I genuinely didn't know, I thought Elab was a dude name similar to Eli Manning or Elijah Wood.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 2367
RE: This town needs an enema - 23/8/2012 12:32:32 AM   
elab49

quote:

quote:

Click Empire Online - forum.

You get a nice helpful front page.

Go down to Off-Topic.

Find a sub-forum called Mammoth Threads (unless you can think of a topic for the main part to start a thread on - I'll get back to that).

Mammoth threads has the threads that are normally used for more general chat - What Am I thinking, etc. (That said, given it's on off-board relationship I'd suggest PMs or e-mail or twitter or facebook or whereever you normally chat to each other. Unless this chat is a form of public performance? In which case - PMs or e-mail).

To PM on here you can use the handy link on the bottom left hand side of the post of the person you want to PM. The same for e-mail.

To post a thread - you'll find a handy post thread button at the top left hand side of each sub-forum.

If you need any other tips on how basic site-working then have a look round by clicking links and reading. I'm sure you'll do fine  - you found the Dr Who thread without help, after all.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Post #: 2368
RE: This town needs an enema - 23/8/2012 12:33:23 AM   
cerebusboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'm sorry is Elab a woman - my apologies Elab, I genuinely didn't know, I thought Elab was a dude name similar to Eli Manning or Elijah Wood.

I can see why you might have been especially offended by hoe too - again, my apologies, won't happen again.

(in reply to cerebusboy)
Post #: 2369
RE: This town needs an enema - 23/8/2012 12:36:14 AM   
elab49

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I can see why you might have been especially offended by hoe too - again, my apologies, won't happen again.

Thereby demonstrating the problem with the word. It isn't just offensive to women, but if you think there's a problem saying it in front of a woman? Then there's a problem with the word.

Bastard is uni-sex anyway - women can be as well.

quote:

(in reply to cerebusboy)
Post #: 2370
Page:   <<   < prev  77 78 [79] 80 81   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: This town needs an enema Page: <<   < prev  77 78 [79] 80 81   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI