Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Dark Knight Rises

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: The Dark Knight Rises Page: <<   < prev  76 77 [78] 79 80   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 22/8/2012 11:29:31 PM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dirk Miggler

Stick it in one post FFS, fckin threads a bitch to read !

Posting style is individual, Dirk. Personally I can't stand large pyramids. Or people who quote massive reviews when they're only talking about one line. But no-one is doing anything wrong by not multi-quoting so that is a tad uncalled for.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Dirk Miggler)
Post #: 2311
RE: This town needs an enema - 22/8/2012 11:32:33 PM   
cerebusboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

With any luck this will be strike 3 and you're bounced out of here. Your unpleasant demeanor and endless stream of drivel won't be missed by many I feel.

< * testing* >

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 2312
RE: This town needs an enema - 22/8/2012 11:35:33 PM   
cerebusboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: chris kilby

quote:

ORIGINAL: cerebusboy

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: BatSpider

Saw it last night only on account of there being nothing else at the cinema. I dislike Nolan's entire output, but tried to keep an open mind. And still ended up thinking it sucks the big one. Nolan may be good at throwing layers of shit on top of shit to disguise how deeply ponderous his movies are, but he wouldn't know style if it bit him on the a$$. True passion needs a lighter touch, not the stale cheese Nolan's been shoving down our throats. Some of us can see through it. He and his gimp-voiced Batman can fuck off now, and stay fucked off.

Yup, you definitely approached it with an open mind.

Yo Chris where you been? I thought something terrible had happened, like you'd been in an accident or got a life or something

Sorry. I was busy inadvertently upsetting the unusual suspects with my belated (very belated) reviews of Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. I had no idea that posting film reviews on the review threads of a dedicated film website (the website of "The World's BIGGEST Film Magazine," no less) was so controversial. Go figure. There's nowt as queer as fandom...

PS: Something terrible did happen. But... I... I... Don't want to talk about it. * sniff *

(Some nasty boys tried to gang up on me. You really have no idea how traumatic I found the whole experience. I haven't slept for days... )

Yeah, I just went and reread the "Read Before Posting" page.

There seems to be a lot of "Rules" that aren't written down, Fight Club style I did always like Gnosticism...

(in reply to chris kilby)
Post #: 2313
RE: This town needs an enema - 22/8/2012 11:38:36 PM   
Rgirvan44

I

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to cerebusboy)
Post #: 2314
RE: This town needs an enema - 22/8/2012 11:38:44 PM   
cerebusboy

quote:

Sorry. I was busy inadvertently upsetting the unusual suspects with my belated (very belated) reviews of Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. I had no idea that posting film reviews on the review threads of a dedicated film website (the website of "The World's BIGGEST Film Magazine," no less) was so controversial. Go figure. There's nowt as queer as fandom...

PS: Something terrible did happen. But... I... I... Don't want to talk about it. * sniff *

(Some nasty boys tried to gang up on me. You really have no idea how traumatic I found the whole experience. I haven't slept for days... )

Lol! Batman Begins came out three years before Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull! The Private Members Club heavies will have eaten you alive! Of course, I'm sure none of them dished out any ad hom eh ?

Post #: 2315
RE: This town needs an enema - 22/8/2012 11:38:45 PM   
Rgirvan44

would

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to cerebusboy)
Post #: 2316
RE: This town needs an enema - 22/8/2012 11:38:55 PM   
Rgirvan44

say

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 2317
RE: This town needs an enema - 22/8/2012 11:39:04 PM   
Rgirvan44

it

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 2318
RE: This town needs an enema - 22/8/2012 11:39:14 PM   
Rgirvan44

is

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 2319
RE: This town needs an enema - 22/8/2012 11:39:26 PM   
Rgirvan44

just

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 2320
RE: This town needs an enema - 22/8/2012 11:39:32 PM   
Rgirvan44

polite.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 2321
RE: This town needs an enema - 22/8/2012 11:40:51 PM   
cerebusboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Saw it last night only on account of there being nothing else at the cinema. I dislike Nolan's entire output, but tried to keep an open mind. And still ended up thinking it sucks the big one. Nolan may be good at throwing layers of shit on top of shit to disguise how deeply ponderous his movies are, but he wouldn't know style if it bit him on the a$$. True passion needs a lighter touch, not the stale cheese Nolan's been shoving down our throats. Some of us can see through it. He and his gimp-voiced Batman can fuck off now, and stay fucked off.

Yo Chris where you been? I thought something terrible had happened, like you'd been in an accident or got a life or something

Just checked - hadn't realised that Batman Begins got five stars too! Say what you will, but surely that's a unique achievement for Nolan's trilogy? (I can vaguely recall Return of the Jedi only getting 4 stars in the 97 rerelease?)

Post #: 2322
RE: This town needs an enema - 22/8/2012 11:45:20 PM   
elab49

quote:

quote:

Lol! Batman Begins came out three years before Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull! The Private Members Club heavies will have eaten you alive! Of course, I'm sure none of them dished out any ad hom eh ?

Cerebusboy, would you mind giving it a rest? This isn't a private fun thread for you to throw out snide comments at other users and have a general chat. If you want to make personal comments about other users to anyone who cares use PM or e-mail. E.g.. Prophet was posting to Princessa last page. You then chose to quote those posts to make personal attacks on Prophet.

I'm glad you know what ad hominem means. It would be quite nice now if you stopped making every other post a practical example.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

(in reply to cerebusboy)
Post #: 2323
RE: This town needs an enema - 22/8/2012 11:47:25 PM   
cerebusboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

quote:

quote:

Cerebusboy, would you mind giving it a rest? This isn't a private fun thread for you to throw out snide comments at other users and have a general chat. If you want to make personal comments about other users to anyone who cares use PM or e-mail. E.g.. Prophet was posting to Princessa last page. You then chose to quote those posts to make personal attacks on Prophet.

I'm glad you know what ad hominem means. It would be quite nice now if you stopped making every other post a practical example.

My apologies. Hope this means one gets a Selina in Batman Returns style 9 lives!
Won't happen again.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 2324
RE: This town needs an enema - 22/8/2012 11:49:12 PM   
cerebusboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Just checking out The Dark Knight thread - some good shit on there! Although, I am wondering if The Renegade is a new poster or your new Batman style secret identity

Post #: 2325
RE: This town needs an enema - 22/8/2012 11:51:13 PM   
Hood_Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44
I
quote:

would
quote:

say
quote:

it
quote:

is
quote:

just
quote:

polite.

See what I did here? 7 posts in one! It's like Inception or something!

Speaking of which, I saw Following yesterday. I take it everyone else who's seen it in the last 2 years, also got the feeling that Nolan has been meaning to make Inception for a long time? Sure there's no Dreams Within Dreams stuff, but they really felt similar

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 2326
RE: This town needs an enema - 22/8/2012 11:51:49 PM   
cerebusboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Just checking out The Dark Knight thread - some good shit on there! Although, I am wondering if The Renegade is a new poster or your new Batman style secret identity

Bringing this On Topic, I'd like to thank those posters, such as Girvan, who pointed out that, on this forum, DKR and DK actually had very similar reactions on this thread. Haven't had time to read and reply to all the messages on the BB and DK threads yet, but it does indeed seem like there could be many people with similar problems with all 3 (originally I said DKR was being held to a different standard, which might be true of some of the fanboy response, but clearly isnt' true of Empire forums).

(in reply to cerebusboy)
Post #: 2327
RE: This town needs an enema - 22/8/2012 11:53:56 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

quote:

I
quote:

would
quote:

say
quote:

it
quote:

is
quote:

just
quote:

polite.

See what I did here? 7 posts in one! It's like Inception or something!

Speaking of which, I saw Following yesterday. I take it everyone else who's seen it in the last 2 years, also got the feeling that Nolan has been meaning to make Inception for a long time? Sure there's no Dreams Within Dreams stuff, but they really felt similar

DURRRRRR DURRRRRR

Actually I think Nolan mentioned that he had been thinking about Inception from that time period onwards and intitally thought of it as a small movie. Once the Bat Dollars came in he was able to upscale it.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 2328
RE: This town needs an enema - 22/8/2012 11:53:59 PM   
chris kilby

I believe Batman Begins "only" got four stars on its original release but rightfully gained an additional star by the time of Kim Newman's DVD review.

(When I grow up, I want to be just like him. Not only does he look like Doctor Who, he is Doctor Who - omniscient. I reckon I could hold my own against Kermode at a fantasy dinner party, but Newman would beat me into the ground like tent peg!*)

* Having said that, I've got to be one of the few mere mortals ever to have spotted an actual mistake in Nightmare Movies...

(in reply to cerebusboy)
Post #: 2329
RE: This town needs an enema - 22/8/2012 11:54:08 PM   
The Renegade

But where's the fun in that ? I'm Chris' BIG GAY FOLLOWING in case you were wondering.
What is the topic of this thread anyway? . I'm new here and a little lost. ..

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 2330
RE: This town needs an enema - 22/8/2012 11:54:10 PM   
elab49

I think we get such a diverse range of posters it would be pretty difficult to come up with a single view/attitude to almost any film. Films universally adored have detractors, those universally hated have determined advocates. It can make for fascinating discussions. 

quote:

(in reply to cerebusboy)
Post #: 2331
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 22/8/2012 11:54:48 PM   
cerebusboy

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dirk Miggler

Stick it in one post FFS, fckin threads a bitch to read !

Posting style is individual, Dirk. Personally I can't stand large pyramids. Or people who quote massive reviews when they're only talking about one line. But no-one is doing anything wrong by not multi-quoting so that is a tad uncalled for.

quote:

Following

Yeah, no offence, but all the fannying about quote and /quote seems not exactly intuitive to me. But I suppose you just pick it up naturally as you post more?

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 2332
RE: This town needs an enema - 22/8/2012 11:56:32 PM   
cerebusboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Renegade

But where's the fun in that ? I'm Chris' BIG GAY FOLLOWING in case you were wondering.

lol! Great name by the way, reminds one of that fabulous Jay-Z/Eminem song "Renegade", "see I'm a poet to some, a regular modern day Shakespeare/Jesus Christ, King of these Latter Day Saints here" and so on.

You a DKR fan? I'd say it's easily a five star movie. Most of the ''plot holes'' are no such thing.

(in reply to The Renegade)
Post #: 2333
RE: This town needs an enema - 22/8/2012 11:57:27 PM   
The Renegade

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Nope , i'm the 6ft foot tall Giant Rabbit only he can see.

< Message edited by The Renegade -- 23/8/2012 12:01:42 AM >

(in reply to cerebusboy)
Post #: 2334
RE: This town needs an enema - 22/8/2012 11:58:54 PM   
cerebusboy

quote:

I believe Batman Begins "only" got four stars on its original release but rightfully gained an additional star by the time of Kim Newman's DVD review.

(When I grow up, I want to be just like him. Not only does he look like Doctor Who, he is Doctor Who - omniscient. I reckon I could hold my own against Kermode at a fantasy dinner party, but Newman would beat me into the ground like tent peg!*)

* Having said that, I've got to be one of the few mere mortals ever to have spotted an actual mistake in Nightmare Movies...

Yeah, I seem to remember Kim Newman having reviews in my first issue of Empire (back in '91!), and even him making an appearance in some cheesy Channel 4 quiz with Craig Charles! Wasn't he pals with Neil Gaiman or something too? Now there's a dude who wrote a great Batman story!

Post #: 2335
RE: This town needs an enema - 23/8/2012 12:00:34 AM   
The Renegade

quote:

quote:

lol! Great name by the way, reminds one of that fabulous Jay-Z/Eminem song "Renegade", "see I'm a poet to some, a regular modern day Shakespeare/Jesus Christ, King of these Latter Day Saints here" and so on.

You a DKR fan? I'd say it's easily a five star movie. Most of the ''plot holes'' are no such thing.

To my shame , I haven't seen any of the trilogy yet . although thanks to Kilby's reviews i feel like i have .. ( Apparently the movies are shorter.. )

< Message edited by The Renegade -- 23/8/2012 12:06:11 AM >

(in reply to cerebusboy)
Post #: 2336
RE: This town needs an enema - 23/8/2012 12:00:49 AM   
cerebusboy

quote:

I think we get such a diverse range of posters it would be pretty difficult to come up with a single view/attitude to almost any film. Films universally adored have detractors, those universally hated have determined advocates. It can make for fascinating discussions. 

Well said! I remember Empire having that great Five Star/1 star review of the Fountain. They should do more stuff like that. For example, I remember the Empire 20 year best of revealing that not everyone in the office agreed with Chris Hewitt's Five Stars for Attack of the Clones - rather than just ''splitting the difference'' a positive and a negative review would have been cool.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 2337
RE: This town needs an enema - 23/8/2012 12:02:45 AM   
chris kilby

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yeah, I noticed that. I'm actually surprised no-one made that suggestion sooner. Wherever I go online, I seem to attract admirers and detractors in equal measure. But no. I would just like to say officially, unequivocally and on the record, I have no alter-egos or other identities, secret or otherwise. I think one Kilby is more than enough, don't you...?

(in reply to cerebusboy)
Post #: 2338
RE: This town needs an enema - 23/8/2012 12:05:16 AM   
The Renegade

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yeah, I noticed that. I'm actually surprised no-one made that suggestion sooner. Wherever I go online, I seem to attract admirers and detractors in equal measure. But no. I would just like to say officially, unequivocally and on the record, I have no alter-egos or other identities, secret or otherwise. I think one Kilby is more than enough, don't you...?

I'm his #1 fan .. ( Now there's a quote for you.. )

Post #: 2339
RE: This town needs an enema - 23/8/2012 12:05:20 AM   
cerebusboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

To my shame , I haven't see any of the trilogy yet . although thanks to Kilby's reviews i feel like i have .. ( Appatrently the movies are shorter.. )

You should get him to tell the story of all three, like C3PO in Return of the Jedi!

(in reply to The Renegade)
Post #: 2340
Page:   <<   < prev  76 77 [78] 79 80   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: The Dark Knight Rises Page: <<   < prev  76 77 [78] 79 80   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI