Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

The Dark Knight Rises

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> The Dark Knight Rises Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Dark Knight Rises - 17/7/2012 12:27:47 AM   
Lazarus munkey

I'll be the first to review the reviews of the reviews of the review. 3/5

Getting myself warmed up for this by watching BB and TDK over the last few days and I'm glad the new one is holding at 90%+ on RT.
I'm not sure Nolan could drop a ball if he had his hands cut off.

< Message edited by Lazarus munkey -- 17/7/2012 12:28:33 AM >

"Because I got the answers"

Last 5 seen
Chronicle 4/5
The Amazing Spider-Man 3/5
Young Adult 4/5
21 Jump Street 4/5
The Apartment 5/5

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 91
RE: Empire Just Couldn't Help it... - 17/7/2012 7:11:16 AM   
Scruffybobby

quote:

ORIGINAL: ADarkKnight

Reading this review with caution, through a gap in-between my fingers with one eye closed, avoiding any spoiler comment that Empire are becoming infamous for. A satisfied Mr. Miyagi smile came across my face as I reached the Verdict pleasantly surprised not too much was revealed whilst having my impatience for Friday to come tripled... THEN...Then the last line this guy goes and uses the word 'epitaph'....why?! (if you don't know it's meaning, your ignorance will be your joy in watching the culmination of The Dark Knights journey an unforeseen extraordinary experience.) So Nev thanks for giving away the ending to the greatest superhero trilogy of all time yea, cheers mate (slow clapping)..... Seriously though "EPITAPH"?! Doesn't anyone else see what he's done??!

Can't see that he's really giving anything away. Just depends on your interpretation of one word in his review

Maybe he's using the world in a different sense than you think, It could be referring more to the film as a definite end to the story. Which it has been widely known to be form the start. It can also mean a final judgement - which doesn't necessarily require what you think it does.

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams
Post #: 92
RE: Empire Just Couldn't Help it... - 17/7/2012 8:04:12 AM   
Lazarus munkey

quote:

ORIGINAL: ADarkKnight

Reading this review with caution, through a gap in-between my fingers with one eye closed, avoiding any spoiler comment that Empire are becoming infamous for. A satisfied Mr. Miyagi smile came across my face as I reached the Verdict pleasantly surprised not too much was revealed whilst having my impatience for Friday to come tripled... THEN...Then the last line this guy goes and uses the word 'epitaph'....why?! (if you don't know it's meaning, your ignorance will be your joy in watching the culmination of The Dark Knights journey an unforeseen extraordinary experience.) So Nev thanks for giving away the ending to the greatest superhero trilogy of all time yea, cheers mate (slow clapping)..... Seriously though "EPITAPH"?! Doesn't anyone else see what he's done??!

If your theory is correct, thank you for highlighting it in case it was missed.

Last 5 seen
Chronicle 4/5
Young Adult 4/5
21 Jump Street 4/5
The Apartment 5/5
Post #: 93
RE: Not surprised - 17/7/2012 8:46:34 AM   
Alistair

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ethanial

But this time around, I'm not seeing it as a 5 star film. It was moderately entertaining, but too often the film fell flat on its broken back. JGL and Hathaway provided most of the better scenes, them and Michael Caine, but whenever Batman popped on screen, the energy deflated. The series seemed to have been swept up by its own hype. Too po-faced, too willing to have scenes where it thinks it is smart, between rehashing elements of Adam West's cinematic outing. And Nolan and Pfister's shooting style has returned to the dark days of Batman Begins.
The action looks awful again. The Dark Knight almost had decent action directing, but this time it's all gone a bit tits up.

A victim of its own hype and reviews, Nolan's franchise falls at the final hurdle. The long, arduous, dull final hurdle. 2/3 ain't bad I suppose. But for an event film, it's a non-entity, much like Bane. Less than 24 hours later and few scenes still register.

I cannot take this review seriously. And you know why? This: "whenever Batman popped on screen, the energy deflated."

Hilarious.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift...that's why they call it the present.
Post #: 94
RE: Not surprised - 17/7/2012 9:09:49 AM   
Lazarus munkey

quote:

But this time around, I'm not seeing it as a 5 star film. It was moderately entertaining, but too often the film fell flat on its broken back. JGL and Hathaway provided most of the better scenes, them and Michael Caine, but whenever Batman popped on screen, the energy deflated. The series seemed to have been swept up by its own hype. Too po-faced, too willing to have scenes where it thinks it is smart, between rehashing elements of Adam West's cinematic outing. And Nolan and Pfister's shooting style has returned to the dark days of Batman Begins.
The action looks awful again. The Dark Knight almost had decent action directing, but this time it's all gone a bit tits up.

A victim of its own hype and reviews, Nolan's franchise falls at the final hurdle. The long, arduous, dull final hurdle. 2/3 ain't bad I suppose. But for an event film, it's a non-entity, much like Bane. Less than 24 hours later and few scenes still register.

How is a film a victim of its own reviews? You understand that the reviews follow the film not vice-versa, right?

Last 5 seen
Chronicle 4/5
Young Adult 4/5
21 Jump Street 4/5
The Apartment 5/5
Post #: 95
RE: Not surprised - 17/7/2012 9:21:36 AM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

What screening did you attend if you don't mind me asking?

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

Post #: 96
RE: RE: - 17/7/2012 9:57:43 AM   
bennyboy1971

I'm not fussed about reviews, beyond the fact that they seem overwhelmingly positive.

Thats enough of a sign for me that me and the girlfriend are going to get a good solid couple of hours entertainment when we finally get to watch it.

What more do you need from a superhero film? It's not like this is highbrow literature - its comicbook fantasy stuff retooled so adults can get their kiddy kicks without any guilt. Yeah, it might be sombre and overlaid with zeitgeisty parallels to the perilous state of our own world, but its still a bloke in a mask doing action shit, with explosions and baddies and cool gadgets. Escapism par excellence, in other words, and there's no reason to believe Dark Knight Rises won't deliver all that, just like the first 2 films.

Hype has its place, but some people are taking this stuff way too seriously.

< Message edited by bennyboy1971 -- 17/7/2012 10:01:13 AM >

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 97
RE: RE: - 17/7/2012 10:23:57 AM   
garvielloken

This will be nowhere near as good as Batman And Robin.

Exactly six miles north of Skagg Mountain in the Valley of Pain, there lives an evil devilmonster. His name is Bingo Gas Station Motel Cheeseburger With A Side Of Aircraft Noise And You'll Be Gary Indiana.

Razzle them, dazzle them. Razzle dazzle them.

(in reply to bennyboy1971)
Post #: 98
RE: RE: - 17/7/2012 11:25:38 AM   
Dirtyfunkymonkey

Or the Guardians review... spoiler heavy!

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 99
RE: RE: - 17/7/2012 11:31:27 AM   
Dirtyfunkymonkey

It would be nice if Empire fixed the comments on the main pages.... they always look so messy and off putting to write a comment... Sometimes it just looks like someone has repeated over and over... (its actually someone replying to a message but you cant see that).
Do what Total Film and Den of Geek have done recently... Redo the comments page, make them more user friendly and certainly easier on the eye... build it and they will write

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 100
RE: That makes 5 stars - 17/7/2012 1:17:51 PM   
Olaf

quote:

ORIGINAL: criffle

for all 3 Batman films. Excellent.

I got my 'TDKR - *****' tattoo last week to go alongside my Batman Begins and TDK ones, so I'm glad Empire have done the right thing. I'm booked in to get the large tattoo of The Great Director's smiling face on my torso coloured just after the 5am screening on Friday, can't wait!

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE
Post #: 101
RE: That makes 5 stars - 17/7/2012 1:20:31 PM   
superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Olaf

quote:

I got my 'TDKR - *****' tattoo last week to go alongside my Batman Begins and TDK ones, so I'm glad Empire have done the right thing. I'm booked in to get the large tattoo of The Great Director's smiling face on my torso coloured just after the 5am screening on Friday, can't wait!

I'd never get Chris Nolan's face tattooed on me. He's taken over from Jim Rosenthal as the Devil's double.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 102
RE: That makes 5 stars - 17/7/2012 1:23:35 PM   
Olaf

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Olaf

quote:

I'd never get Chris Nolan's face tattooed on me. He's taken over from Jim Rosenthal as the Devil's double.

If you were a real Nolan fan, you would get his face tattooed somewhere where you can't see it if you don't want to look at it (for some reason). Like the small of your back, or the bottom of your foot.

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 103
RE: RE: - 17/7/2012 1:45:02 PM   
Alistair

quote:

ORIGINAL: bennyboy1971
I'm not fussed about reviews, beyond the fact that they seem overwhelmingly positive.

Thats enough of a sign for me that me and the girlfriend are going to get a good solid couple of hours entertainment when we finally get to watch it.

What more do you need from a superhero film? It's not like this is highbrow literature - its comicbook fantasy stuff retooled so adults can get their kiddy kicks without any guilt. Yeah, it might be sombre and overlaid with zeitgeisty parallels to the perilous state of our own world, but its still a bloke in a mask doing action shit, with explosions and baddies and cool gadgets. Escapism par excellence, in other words, and there's no reason to believe Dark Knight Rises won't deliver all that, just like the first 2 films.

Hype has its place, but some people are taking this stuff way too seriously.

Couldn't agree more.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift...that's why they call it the present.

Post #: 104
RE: RE: - 17/7/2012 2:05:11 PM   
Pigeon Army

quote:

I am sure Christopher Nolan approves of your opinion that the film he spent ages writing and directing, imbuing with meaning and complexity, is merely a way to get "kiddy kicks".

I mean, I get not wanting to analyse a film indepth on your first viewing, but handwaving away Nolan's attempts at creating a thoughtful, relevant superhero film because "it's a man in a mask" puts you on a par with the people who dismiss these films as 'stupid'. You just happen to like them, rather than dislike them. Take the escapism, but escaping your world doesn't mean you stop thinking about the one you've escaped to.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc
She's supposed to be 13! I'd want her to be very attractive though

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat
quote:

ORIGINAL: Pigeon Army
Stop being mean to Deviation

No.

Post #: 105
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 17/7/2012 2:22:10 PM   
spamandham

I don't dare read this 'review' for fear of spoilers from idiots. Don't read the guardian review, apparently they have massive spoilers in theirs.

:c

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 106
RE: RE: - 17/7/2012 2:46:20 PM   
Alistair

quote:

I am sure Christopher Nolan approves of your opinion that the film he spent ages writing and directing, imbuing with meaning and complexity, is merely a way to get "kiddy kicks".

I mean, I get not wanting to analyse a film indepth on your first viewing, but handwaving away Nolan's attempts at creating a thoughtful, relevant superhero film because "it's a man in a mask" puts you on a par with the people who dismiss these films as 'stupid'. You just happen to like them, rather than dislike them. Take the escapism, but escaping your world doesn't mean you stop thinking about the one you've escaped to.

I think you might have taken the quoted comment a bit too seriously. While I agree that "kiddy kicks" is a bit harsh and kinda irrelevant I think I know where bennyboy was coming from in his post, in a roundabout way. I think he was mostly saying that the bad reviews of the film are maybe taking the film itself a bit too seriously. And let's be honest, it is essentially a film about a man that dresses as a bat, and it comes from a comic book. That is not to dismiss it, but to give a bit of context as to what we're talking about here. A bit of perspective on the film is required for those that think this is somehow 'high art' (i.e, some reviewers are expecting too much).

< Message edited by Alistair -- 17/7/2012 2:51:16 PM >

(in reply to Pigeon Army)
Post #: 107
RE: RE: - 17/7/2012 3:17:58 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

quote:

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to Pigeon Army)
Post #: 108
RE: RE: - 17/7/2012 3:20:09 PM   
shool

Once again Spaldron, contributing nothing.

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 109
RE: RE: - 17/7/2012 3:24:37 PM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alistair

quote:

I think you might have taken the quoted comment a bit too seriously. While I agree that "kiddy kicks" is a bit harsh and kinda irrelevant I think I know where bennyboy was coming from in his post, in a roundabout way. I think he was mostly saying that the bad reviews of the film are maybe taking the film itself a bit too seriously. And let's be honest, it is essentially a film about a man that dresses as a bat, and it comes from a comic book. That is not to dismiss it, but to give a bit of context as to what we're talking about here. A bit of perspective on the film is required for those that think this is somehow 'high art' (i.e, some reviewers are expecting too much).

Why can't a film from a comic book be 'high art'? If it appears to pretend to that type of thing it's only fair to judge it on that, surely? Not all comic books are for kids and some of these characters were born out of real world issues. Different runs of different comics do different things.

To suggest it should have a get-out clause from serious criticism if the attempt is to make a serious film is pretty condescending towards the writers and filmmakers.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Alistair)
Post #: 110
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 17/7/2012 3:34:49 PM   
MonsterCat

I don't think of Nolan's last four films could be considered as high-art, but then again I never got the feeling that's what he was aiming for with his Batman flicks and Inception. Which are uncommonly smart summer blockbuster fare with a clear visual and story telling sense and a refusal to treat their audiences like they're fucking morons.

Now, Begins, Dark and Inception are not perfect films by any stretch of the imagination, but I would rather take an imperfect film by a director who actually respects his audience over some misogynist horror of a film like Transformers 2 any day of the fucking week.

Also, that RE: RE: in the subject line was fucking me right off.

< Message edited by MonsterCat -- 26/2/2013 12:47:27 AM >

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 111
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 17/7/2012 3:36:45 PM   
Rgirvan44

High Art/Low Art discussion - time for Calvin and Hobbes!

http://accidental-historian.typepad.com/.a/6a013487299913970c015391b50e32970b-800wi

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 112
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 17/7/2012 3:40:17 PM   
elab49

I think the 'high art' phrase is a bit of a red herring tbh - it's simply fair to review a film on the basis it's presented. It's the other end of the scale from Empire's comments on Transformers when you got all these absurd posts about it getting a bye because it was supposed to be a loud mindless action movie. Empire rightly made the point that that was one thing - but it was a shit loud mindless action movie, based on its own terms.

This is no different. Empire, and others, are presumably reviewing the film they've been presented with.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 113
More Right Wing Bat Politics - 17/7/2012 3:49:53 PM   
fiercehairdo

OK, I'm sure this post is gonna get the Nolan fanboy's foaming at the mouth but it has to be said...

Read this short article which sums up Nolan's Bat Franchise strong tendency to endorse very iffy Right-Wing politics: http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/filmblog/2012/jul/17/dark-knight-rises-capitalist-superhero

I completely agree with this piece.

The truth is, The Dark Knight endorsed torture, Extraordinary Rendition, phone-tapping and mass invasion of privacy by the film's 'hero'. It endorsed suspending peoples rights in the cause of fighting terrorism. In other words it endorsed the fascistic neo-con right wing politics of Bush, Cheney et al.

The Dark Knight Rises portrays the Billionaire as the good guy, imposing his will on the anarchic masses (read Occupy movement) who are in fact in thrall to criminal thugs like Bane. Anyone watching the news lately cannot have failed to have notice that in reality the billionaires (Murdoch, Diamond etc) of the world rarely are operating for the wider good and the protesting masses (Occupy movement) very often have justice and moral good on their side. TDKR inverts this view to billionaires good, protesting masses bad.

In other words it just continues and emphasises the deeply retrograde, conservative, right wing politics of the previous film.

Yes they are very slick, quite exciting and stylish films. BUT if we are going to take them seriously as great movies please lets not ignore the wider message of the films: that human rights and laws can be suspended by the wealthy if they believe what they do is right; that vigilante action is justifiable; that torturers are heroes when operating with the right intentions; that capitalist wealth domination is a force for good and movements like Occupy need to be suppressed. A pretty depressing agenda in my view.

I know many are going to reply "it's just a fantasy; it's just a film about a man dressed as a bat - don't take it too seriously". But frankly those same people are often the ones comparing these films to The Godfather and Citizen Kane - are we taking them seriously or not??? Indeed Nolan and his collaborators seem to be taking it VERY seriously hence the portentous tone of the franchise. If it is a masterpiece as people claim it should be seriously examined, and if it is ultimately pushing a very conservative agenda on audiences under the disguise of stunning action and various bat-gadgets well that needs exposing. Especially since the mass love-in of Nolan has now got completely out of hand.

Bring on the attacks...

< Message edited by fiercehairdo -- 17/7/2012 3:52:15 PM >

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 114
RE: The Dark Knight Rises - 17/7/2012 4:42:27 PM   
The Big Guy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lazarus munkey

I'm not sure Nolan could drop a ball if he had his hands cut off.

Nolan has not dropped a ball since puberty.

I have no review of the film yet, but I am really excited. Batman Begins was a superlative way to return Batman to his roots. The Dark Knight moved comic book movies on in the world's view as significantly as Batman did in 1989. The most disappointing thing about The Dark Knight Rises is quite possibly going to be the title. It is too similar to the second one. That being said, I am not sure what would have been better.

(in reply to Lazarus munkey)
Post #: 115
RE: More Right Wing Bat Politics - 17/7/2012 4:46:47 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: fiercehairdo

OK, I'm sure this post is gonna get the Nolan fanboy's foaming at the mouth but it has to be said...

Read this short article which sums up Nolan's Bat Franchise strong tendency to endorse very iffy Right-Wing politics: http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/filmblog/2012/jul/17/dark-knight-rises-capitalist-superhero

The truth is, The Dark Knight endorsed torture, Extraordinary Rendition, phone-tapping and mass invasion of privacy by the film's 'hero'. It endorsed suspending peoples rights in the cause of fighting terrorism. In other words it endorsed the fascistic neo-con right wing politics of Bush, Cheney et al.

The Dark Knight Rises portrays the Billionaire as the good guy, imposing his will on the anarchic masses (read Occupy movement) who are in fact in thrall to criminal thugs like Bane. Anyone watching the news lately cannot have failed to have notice that in reality the billionaires (Murdoch, Diamond etc) of the world rarely are operating for the wider good and the protesting masses (Occupy movement) very often have justice and moral good on their side. TDKR inverts this view to billionaires good, protesting masses bad.

In other words it just continues and emphasises the deeply retrograde, conservative, right wing politics of the previous film.

Yes they are very slick, quite exciting and stylish films. BUT if we are going to take them seriously as great movies please lets not ignore the wider message of the films: that human rights and laws can be suspended by the wealthy if they believe what they do is right; that vigilante action is justifiable; that torturers are heroes when operating with the right intentions; that capitalist wealth domination is a force for good and movements like Occupy need to be suppressed. A pretty depressing agenda in my view.

I know many are going to reply "it's just a fantasy; it's just a film about a man dressed as a bat - don't take it too seriously". But frankly those same people are often the ones comparing these films to The Godfather and Citizen Kane - are we taking them seriously or not??? Indeed Nolan and his collaborators seem to be taking it VERY seriously hence the portentous tone of the franchise. If it is a masterpiece as people claim it should be seriously examined, and if it is ultimately pushing a very conservative agenda on audiences under the disguise of stunning action and various bat-gadgets well that needs exposing. Especially since the mass love-in of Nolan has now got completely out of hand.

Bring on the attacks...

It doesn't endorse all of them.

Batman beats the Joker up and it amounts to nothing.
Batman uses the sonic technology but Fox stands up to him.

The movie isn't about endorsement  - it is about what are the limits people are willing to go to protect their society. Nolan tests the various ideas that underpinned the War on Terror. In some instances it works,  in most it doesn't. It is hardly an endorsement of the Bush culture but rather a mirror to it. Big difference.

(in reply to fiercehairdo)
Post #: 116
RE: More Right Wing Bat Politics - 17/7/2012 4:53:08 PM   
Woger

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: fiercehairdo

Bring on the attacks...

It doesn't endorse all of them.

Batman beats the Joker up and it amounts to nothing.
Batman uses the sonic technology but Fox stands up to him.

The movie isn't about endorsement  - it is about what are the limits people are willing to go to protect their society. Nolan tests the various ideas that underpinned the War on Terror. In some instances it works,  in most it doesn't. It is hardly an endorsement of the Bush culture but rather a mirror to it. Big difference.

Correct me if I'm wrong but in the 1989 Batman didn't he bomb an entire factory and do much similar stuff to these current films, only difference being the latest films tend to be set against more realistic contemporary backgrounds.
I wonder does fiercehairdo get worked up as much with Michael Moores films and their agenda?

Eddie: "Weve been burgaled"
Richie: You may have been, but I have never in my life. As a christian I am so tightly clenched, oh you mean burgaled
- - -
There were originally five horsemen of the apocalypse. Jack Bauer said he would travel by foot

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 117
RE: More Right Wing Bat Politics - 17/7/2012 4:54:15 PM   
elab49

As I said, I know nothing about the film - but is the Occupy stuff right? That would be rather more dubious I think.

Or is that a spoiler that should have been noted in the Guardian piece? (Not a fan of Shoard as a reviewer so I don't bother reading her stuff on the site).

quote:

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 118
RE: More Right Wing Bat Politics - 17/7/2012 4:58:05 PM   
bennyboy1971

Although there's hoods in both, its a Batman film, not The Seventh Seal.

The Nolan films are High Art - but only within the context of comic book adaptations / superhero films.

Yeah, these are quality blockbusters, make no mistake, but when you stack the chin-stroking stuff up against the stunts and the explosions, the scales weigh heavily in one direction.

I mean, its not like anyone seriously believes billionaires - or even millionaires - give a fuck about anyone, let alone have a burning sense of injustice and desire to protect the world's citizens from evil criminals. Dont be under any illusions - most of them wouldn't even piss on the likes of you scumbags if we were on fire in front of them,

It's called suspension of disbelief and Nolan does it better than most. Ultimately, he's a fantastic rollercoaster maker, don't get me wrong. But you dont leave the cinema pondering the metaphysics of existence.

< Message edited by bennyboy1971 -- 17/7/2012 5:01:12 PM >

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 119
RE: More Right Wing Bat Politics - 17/7/2012 5:00:42 PM   
elab49

Then why use the context he does for the films? Why try to give any kind of 'real' grounding? Why include issues of import to the real world, such as some of the examples shown above?

If you think that's just superfluous decoration to a few loud bangs, I think you're doing a disservice to the filmmakers.

quote:

Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> The Dark Knight Rises Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI