Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Jeans of the non-skinny variety.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Knowledge Base >> Jeans of the non-skinny variety. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Jeans of the non-skinny variety. - 11/7/2012 1:23:03 PM   
Filmfan 2

With the cult of skinny jeans seemingly never-ending, it seems like tough times out there for the discerning jeans buyer who doesn't like having their legs encased in tight material. I'm looking to buy new jeans just now as my current few pairs are needing replacing, but a lot of the high street stores that I've tried just haven't been cutting the mustard. A great deal of what they stock, even the 'loose' or 'easy' fits, just aren't. I long for the likes of Gap to re-introduce jeans that they used to stock like their 'worker' or 'carpenter' jeans; they were baggy and the material wasn't too starchy, making them very comfortable to move around in.

So, dear reader, the thrust of this thread is that I'm looking for suggestions of places where I can buy baggy jeans that aren't too starchy. I'm not looking for MC Hammer pants or anything, but something like the style of jeans that I mentioned above that Gap used to stock. I'm not fat, so it's not a case of me not buying the right pair, it just seems like everything is so figure hugging.

Can anyone recommend shops worth checking out?

< Message edited by Filmfan 2 -- 11/7/2012 1:33:28 PM >

I am not drinkin' any fuckin' Merlot!

"All I wanted me was a piece of cornbread, you motherfuckers!"

Defender of all things Batman Begins

Post #: 1
RE: Jeans of the non-skinny variety. - 11/7/2012 2:15:28 PM   
Chief Wiggum

If it isn't beneath you TK Maxx may have some stuff; the usual crowd will be hanging around the tracksuit section so you should have the jeans to yourself.

I'm surprised that you weren't able to get any from GAP though; I bought some last year that called themselves "low rise boot cut" that did the trick

The Empire Forum Photo Competition - join now for fun and profit. okay no profit, or fun. but do it anyway!

(in reply to Filmfan 2)
Post #: 2
RE: Jeans of the non-skinny variety. - 11/7/2012 4:57:31 PM   
UTB

My thighs are way too big for skinny jeans and I dislike 'baggy' jeans, and I'm tall, so I struggled for years to find decent fitting jeans that weren't too big or too thin.

If this sounds like what you're after, I highly recommend Wrangler's 'Texas Stretch' style of jeans, which are incredibly comfortable, fit to the body but without looking like they shrunk in the wash. They sell them at Debenhams if you need to try them.

(in reply to Chief Wiggum)
Post #: 3
RE: Jeans of the non-skinny variety. - 11/7/2012 7:43:06 PM   
Super Hans

I've always found that Burtons stock a reasonable variety - relaxed fit, bootcut, regular etc.

"Its staring at you in the face Mark, there's only one more sex to try..."

(in reply to Filmfan 2)
Post #: 4
RE: Jeans of the non-skinny variety. - 12/7/2012 9:21:11 AM   
paulyboy

Yep, can't stand skinny jeans either.

Personally I always find that Next's Boot Cut jeans suit me just fine, they're loose and comfortable but not so much that my arse is hanging out and I look like I skateboard in my spare time.

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever!"

(in reply to Super Hans)
Post #: 5
RE: Jeans of the non-skinny variety. - 12/7/2012 12:55:08 PM   
Filmfan 2

Thanks for the feedback. I'll look into a few of the suggestions and see what I come back with.

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 6
RE: Jeans of the non-skinny variety. - 14/7/2012 10:50:28 PM   
Filmfan 2

quote:

ORIGINAL: Super Hans

I've always found that Burtons stock a reasonable variety - relaxed fit, bootcut, regular etc.

Burton's did the job just nicely. Got exactly what I was after in there.

(in reply to Super Hans)
Post #: 7
RE: Jeans of the non-skinny variety. - 15/7/2012 1:39:32 PM   
Super Hans

quote:

ORIGINAL: Filmfan 2

quote:

ORIGINAL: Super Hans

Burton's did the job just nicely. Got exactly what I was after in there.

Nice one - glad you were successful! I can't stand skinny jeans myself, so it's annoying when so many places just adhere to the skinny/slim-fit styles of late. Not exactly accomodating to the less skinny/androgynous looking men out there!

"Its staring at you in the face Mark, there's only one more sex to try..."

(in reply to Filmfan 2)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Knowledge Base >> Jeans of the non-skinny variety. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI