Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Hemsworth for Reacher, Cruise for Parker

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Hemsworth for Reacher, Cruise for Parker Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Hemsworth for Reacher, Cruise for Parker - 28/11/2012 12:47:58 AM   
holdemax

It is Jack Reacher's calm, intelligent, confident, brutal approach to life or death situations that make him a great character.

NOT BEING 6 FOOT 5

Oh yeah, and he is a weapon's expert who never fails with the ladies

Who gives a shit if he looks like Herman Munster or not?

Not Lee Child obviously

deserve's got nothing to do with it

(in reply to film man aidy)
Post #: 31
RE: Hemsworth for Reacher, Cruise for Parker - 29/11/2012 4:05:07 PM   
Timon

Well, Empire gave it four stars! So... yay!

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to holdemax)
Post #: 32
Nice SPIN, Lee Child! - 23/12/2012 4:44:55 PM   
filmboomer

Lee Child has done a remarkable job of SPIN on his lack of courage to keep the persona of Jack Reacher in his physical appearance. Unbelievable! He actually claimed the camera lens wouldn't relate well to a large person! I have lost most of my respect for Mr. Child in his back-peddling as fast as possible in his VERY UNFORTUNATE decision to sell the rights to the ONE PERSON who appears laughable in the role of the massive Reacher.

Even in the driving scene, Cruise looks like a 16-year-old at the wheel of Daddy's classic Chevy. The fact that he has a scowl on his face does nothing to diminish the disparity in appearance between him and the hero who has a FOOT on him and 100 pounds!

I foresee this series of movies derived from the novels will die an agonizing death at box office. Only the world release and DVD sales will get enough return on the investment of tens of millions of dollars.

I just hope the Dwarf King loses his shirt on his part as "Producer" and the share of proceeds.

What an unintentional LAUGHER!

Oh...in case there is the indignant response "Well, who would YOU cast if not Tom Cruise?", my answer is categorically ONE ACTOR. He is Shakespearean-trained and it 6'5" and 225-250lbs.

His name is Ray Stevenson.

Check him out on IMDB.com at the following URL:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0829032/

< Message edited by filmboomer -- 23/12/2012 4:47:57 PM >

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 33
RE: Nice SPIN, Lee Child! - 15/1/2013 9:12:20 PM   
musht

Looks like a sequel unlikely

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to filmboomer)
Post #: 34
RE: Nice SPIN, Lee Child! - 4/2/2013 1:50:01 PM   
Timon

Pity, because height aside I thought Cruise did a good job. It was a nice, taunt thriller.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 35
RE: Nice SPIN, Lee Child! - 5/2/2013 11:47:45 PM   
directorscut

That article is bollocks. All these articles are coming from the same hollywoodreporter article based on an anon source which has not be verified or backed up.

< Message edited by directorscut -- 5/2/2013 11:48:55 PM >

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 36
RE: Nice SPIN, Lee Child! - 6/2/2013 1:56:47 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

The director is doing MI:5 next, so where that leaves Jack Reacher, who knows

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 37
RE: Nice SPIN, Lee Child! - 9/2/2013 6:15:40 PM   
Private Hudson

quote:

ORIGINAL: filmboomer

Lee Child has done a remarkable job of SPIN on his lack of courage to keep the persona of Jack Reacher in his physical appearance. Unbelievable! He actually claimed the camera lens wouldn't relate well to a large person! I have lost most of my respect for Mr. Child in his back-peddling as fast as possible in his VERY UNFORTUNATE decision to sell the rights to the ONE PERSON who appears laughable in the role of the massive Reacher.

Even in the driving scene, Cruise looks like a 16-year-old at the wheel of Daddy's classic Chevy. The fact that he has a scowl on his face does nothing to diminish the disparity in appearance between him and the hero who has a FOOT on him and 100 pounds!

I foresee this series of movies derived from the novels will die an agonizing death at box office. Only the world release and DVD sales will get enough return on the investment of tens of millions of dollars.

I just hope the Dwarf King loses his shirt on his part as "Producer" and the share of proceeds.

What an unintentional LAUGHER!

Oh...in case there is the indignant response "Well, who would YOU cast if not Tom Cruise?", my answer is categorically ONE ACTOR. He is Shakespearean-trained and it 6'5" and 225-250lbs.

His name is Ray Stevenson.

Check him out on IMDB.com at the following URL:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0829032/

The question is... are you Ray Stevenson?

Watch my spoof movie of FULL METAL JACKET here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCGRWVvM-Zo&feature=plcp&context=C31ca298UDOEgsToPDskJ4_UorjolrWTaxEGMj5GO0

(in reply to filmboomer)
Post #: 38
RE: Nice SPIN, Lee Child! - 10/2/2013 12:05:39 AM   
Darth Marenghi

I suspect Mr Stevenson would have better things to do with his time.

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to Private Hudson)
Post #: 39
RE: Nice SPIN, Lee Child! - 24/2/2013 4:06:19 PM   
musht

Looks like we might have a sequel after all

http://www.digitalspy.ie/movies/news/a461169/paramount-planning-for-tom-cruises-jack-reacher-sequel.html?rss

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to Darth Marenghi)
Post #: 40
RE: Nice SPIN, Lee Child! - 25/2/2013 3:03:10 PM   
Cool Breeze

I wouldnt mind a sequel.I enjoyed Jack Reacher a lot and thought Cruise was decent in the role despite his lack of height.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 41
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Hemsworth for Reacher, Cruise for Parker Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI