Assassin's Creed

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> Assassin's Creed Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Assassin's Creed - 9/7/2012 1:24:30 PM   
Timon

Looks like Fassbender is set to produce and star in an Assassin's Creed adaptation.

Michael Fassbender will star in and co-produce "Assassin's Creed," the bigscreen adaptation of Ubisoft's videogame franchise, through his DMC Film.

While Fassbender's profile has risen with roles in "X-Men: First Class," "Shame," "Haywire," "Prometheus," and will next be seen in "The Counselor" and "Twelve Years a Slave," thesp also has spent the past year developing films with Conor McCaughan. Together, they produced the short "Pitch Black Heist."

"Assassin's Creed" is the duo's most high-profile project, given that the game is Ubisoft's biggest franchise, selling over 30 million units since 2007. A third "Assassin's Creed" game bows Oct. 30 and is set during the American Revolution. First two take place during the Crusades and Renaissance.

Plot revolves around a man who learns his ancestors were trained assassins after he is kidnapped by a secret org with ties to the Knights Templar, and sent back in time to retrieve historical artifacts.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118056333

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh
Post #: 1
RE: Assassin's Creed - 9/7/2012 1:31:00 PM   
musht

Initial reaction; AWESOME!!!!

However we have not been blessed with great video game adaptations. Hopefully this will prove to those who matter that Fassbender is worthy to wear THAT tuxedo

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 2
RE: Assassin's Creed - 9/7/2012 1:32:56 PM   
Timon

quote:

ORIGINAL: musht

However we have not been blessed with great video game adaptations. Hopefully this will prove to those who matter that Fassbender is worthy to wear THAT tuxedo

ARGH but he's ginger!

And part-German!

Cue tabloid frenzy.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 3
RE: Assassin's Creed - 9/7/2012 1:37:54 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

quote:

ORIGINAL: musht

ARGH but he's ginger!

And part-German!

Cue tabloid frenzy.

Bollox, he probably has the wrong eye colour as well

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 4
RE: Assassin's Creed - 9/7/2012 1:39:57 PM   
Timon

But his surname is Fassbender... which makes him sound gay! I refuse to watch a gay man as Bond... even though he's not gay.

BendernotBond.com

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 5
RE: Assassin's Creed - 9/7/2012 10:07:27 PM   
Dannybohy

How is Fassbender going to pull off playing Desmond or Ezio from Assassin Creed?!

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 9/7/2012 10:08:17 PM >

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 6
RE: Assassin's Creed - 9/7/2012 10:58:55 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

But his surname is Fassbender... which makes him sound gay! I refuse to watch a gay man as Bond... even though he's not gay.

BendernotBond.com

I can't compete with or top that. Well played Sir, well played

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 7
RE: Assassin's Creed - 23/7/2012 4:01:41 PM   
filmfanatic123

Hope this never gets off the ground. I'm willing to be proven wrong, but I just don't think Assassins' Creed can be a good movie.

Fassbender being attached gets my hopes up a little, but most game-to-film adaptations have been shit...

Oh, I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 8
RE: Assassin's Creed - 8/10/2012 3:02:05 PM   
russelblair

I hope this adaptation won't end up like Max Payne did!
Post #: 9
RE: Assassin's Creed - 9/10/2012 12:01:32 PM   
AxlReznor

The best way to do this I think would to give the movie the budget needed to get the best screenwriters, directors and visual effects people in the business, and then making it a huge 3 hour epic that's structured like Cloud Atlas.

The worst way to do it would be to hand the film to Paul W.S. Anderson or Uwe Boll.

(in reply to russelblair)
Post #: 10
RE: Assassin's Creed - 9/10/2012 1:59:12 PM   
Dannybohy

best way would be to let the Ubisoft guys who created the games cinematic and cutscenes loose on a full length animated movie!. Anyone who has watched the movie that plays in Brotherhood if you leave the menu screen on for too long with know just how awesome a scene these guys can produce!. (Ezio contront bad guy in front of the Pantheon in Rome, and Ezios brotherhood show up)

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 11
RE: Assassin's Creed - 24/10/2012 12:20:50 PM   
sharkboy

Ubisoft have already produced a couple of decent animated AC shorts in Ascendance (linking AC2 and Brotherhood) and Embers (set at the twilight of Ezio's life when his past catches up with him, placing his wife and child at danger).

I've always thought the game had a very cinematic feel to it.  If done right, it could prove quite a profitable movie franchise. Using Desmond as the protagonist would allow them to revisit any period they wanted, though I've a feeling we'll be concentrating on Renaissance Florence - Ezio as the head of a society that operates in secret, taking out threats quietly or, when necessary, with extreme prejudice.  Leonardo as the eccentric genius who provides our man with all kinds of cool gadgets...wait a sec...

"The name's Auditore.  Ezio Auditore"

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 12
RE: Assassin's Creed - 25/10/2012 11:14:20 AM   
Dannybohy

Joe Manganiello should be the only serious choice to play Ezio. Fassbender!! WTF!!! FAnboy RAGGGGGEEEEEE!!!

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 13
RE: Assassin's Creed - 21/12/2012 10:08:55 AM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bensword

adaption was bad wtf????

eh??

Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> Assassin's Creed Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI