Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

The Vulture & Robo-Rhino?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> The Vulture & Robo-Rhino? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Vulture & Robo-Rhino? - 10/6/2013 3:13:57 PM   
Macavity

Total Film reports Colm Feore is possibly playing The Vulture.

Sony announces release dates for The Amazing Spider-Man 3 & 4.

Director Marc Webb tweets 'Garfield living on the edge' snap.

Shailene Woodley as Mary Jane Watson Cut From ‘The Amazing Spider-Man 2'; Role To Be Recast For Third Film.

Sarah Gadon joins 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2'

My money's on Toomes becoming Vulture alongside Cooper's Green Goblin in ASM3.

< Message edited by Macavity -- 24/6/2013 5:37:40 PM >

(in reply to Macavity)
Post #: 31
RE: The Vulture & Robo-Rhino? - 27/6/2013 2:42:42 PM   
Dannybohy

So as expected, we know know why Mary Jane was cut from the movie, and it wasn't because shes isn't as attractive as Emma Stone, they are still going to use the same actress.

see latinoreview for more. I warn you, possible BIG SPOILER

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 28/6/2013 11:41:57 AM >

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to Macavity)
Post #: 32
RE: The Vulture & Robo-Rhino? - 27/6/2013 3:21:28 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dannybohy

So as expected, we know know why Mary Jane was cut from the movie, and it wasn't because shes an ugg, they are still going to use the same actress.

You're an idiot.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 33
RE: The Vulture & Robo-Rhino? - 27/6/2013 4:39:02 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

quote:

So as expected, we know know why Mary Jane was cut from the movie, and it wasn't because shes an ugg, they are still going to use the same actress.

You're an idiot.

You think a guy judging an actress in a romantic role in a movie on her looks makes him an idiot?. ha..ok then
I thought having you blocked meant you couldn't see what I had written so I couldn't upset your sensitive soul. I am an idiot for unblocking you to find out what you had written when I could of taken a pretty good guess. What would every woman in the world do without you fighting for their rights!, lol. I am surprised you haven't PM me another rant!. Just block me for christ sake. . Come to think of it you promised you would be blocking me in your last insane PM, so hit the button! please.

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 27/6/2013 4:42:00 PM >

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 34
RE: The Vulture & Robo-Rhino? - 27/6/2013 4:48:30 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

quote:

quote:

You're an idiot.

You think a guy judging an actress in a romantic role in a movie on her looks makes him an idiot?. ha..ok then

Shallow.

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 35
RE: The Vulture & Robo-Rhino? - 27/6/2013 4:57:07 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

quote:

quote:

You're an idiot.

Shallow.

Honest

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 36
RE: The Vulture & Robo-Rhino? - 27/6/2013 7:28:52 PM   
MonsterCat

No, I think the insults and general misogyny makes you a fucking idiot.

< Message edited by MonsterCat -- 27/6/2013 7:31:56 PM >

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 37
RE: The Vulture & Robo-Rhino? - 28/6/2013 8:57:53 AM   
Dannybohy

quote:

Did I insult you? nope. Did you attempt to insult me?....errr yep. I am surprised your Irony meter doesn't blow up in your hand!

I am putting you back on block now you crazy crazy lady. (not an insult)

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 28/6/2013 9:53:16 AM >

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 38
RE: The Vulture & Robo-Rhino? - 28/6/2013 11:13:59 AM   
elab49

quote:

quote:

Did I insult you? nope. Did you attempt to insult me?....errr yep. I am surprised your Irony meter doesn't blow up in your hand!

If you block someone, block someone - going on about it on the Board is taken as trolling and dragging personal issues on to the board so please stop.

And do try to refrain from phrases like 'she's an ugg' - we don't have much tolerance for the sub-Nuts mysogynistic view of women around here, throwing around terms like that. If a woman has been removed from a role because of her looks, the reasonable response to that is - 'what shallow idiots, can't she act?' Or, in the case of Shailene Woodley, do the idiot feckers need glasses?

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 39
RE: The Vulture & Robo-Rhino? - 28/6/2013 11:40:19 AM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

quote:

quote:

If you block someone, block someone - going on about it on the Board is taken as trolling and dragging personal issues on to the board so please stop.

And do try to refrain from phrases like 'she's an ugg' - we don't have much tolerance for the sub-Nuts mysogynistic view of women around here, throwing around terms like that. If a woman has been removed from a role because of her looks, the reasonable response to that is - 'what shallow idiots, can't she act?' Or, in the case of Shailene Woodley, do the idiot feckers need glasses?

The original comment was in reference to the general discussion on many forums regarding her looks and suitability for the role given Stones great performance and yes, looks. I have adjusted my phrasing so not to upset further. How having an opinion on an actress looks (seen as misogynistic or otherwise) is considered trolling? I don't really understand, surely there is whole threads which should be shut down. Perhaps MC could just refrain from posting instead of banding about personal insults, something shes does continually and unchallenged on this forum.

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 28/6/2013 11:55:54 AM >

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 40
RE: The Vulture & Robo-Rhino? - 28/6/2013 12:24:18 PM   
Macavity

quote:

So as expected, we know know why Mary Jane was cut from the movie, and it wasn't because shes isn't as attractive as Emma Stone, they are still going to use the same actress.

I'm slightly concerned the way Webb seems to put these films together. Shooting seemingly everything and then finding the film in the edit is a pretty wasteful way to make a movie and doesn't exactly indicate a tight script. One of Amazing Spider-Man's key issues is the choppy plot.

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 41
RE: The Vulture & Robo-Rhino? - 28/6/2013 12:24:37 PM   
elab49

No, having an opinion does not. How you express that opinion depends.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 42
RE: The Vulture & Robo-Rhino? - 28/6/2013 12:54:19 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Macavity

quote:

I'm slightly concerned the way Webb seems to put these films together. Shooting seemingly everything and then finding the film in the edit is a pretty wasteful way to make a movie and doesn't exactly indicate a tight script. One of Amazing Spider-Man's key issues is the choppy plot.

Indeed. Given that he surely knew about Gwen's fate before he started filming, then why film those parts with Mary Jane in the first place. Anything could happen in-between parts 2 and the filming of part 3 and 4. Sorry, but given the mass of debate on the Mary Jane casting I still say this has more to do with that than it does the story line. Time will tell. I thought Emma Stone was a total breath of fresh air in the first movie!, she even made Garfield more likable.

I am a fan of TASM, but I am concerned about bad-guy overload in this sequel,as well as bewildered with the very extreme shift in costume design. I think it a shame they have gone back to 'traditional' design when i thought the first design had more edge and set it apart from all other SM incarnations. Some of the best designs I have seen have been in the Spider-man games.

I have read some interesting news that Spidey had not realised his full potential and powers yet?, that he will be much stronger and agile. He did feel a little under powered in part one.

I hope they reveal that Peter always had the Super spider DNA and the bite in the lab was just a catalyst, that feels like that's where they pointing?

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 28/6/2013 1:23:57 PM >

(in reply to Macavity)
Post #: 43
Tangled Webb - 28/6/2013 1:20:42 PM   
Macavity

quote:

quote:

quote:

Indeed. Given that he surely knew about Gwen's fate before he started filming, then why film those parts with Mary Jane in the first place. Anything could happen in-between parts 2 and the filming of part 3 and 4. Sorry, but given the mass of debate on the Mary Jane casting I still say this has more to do with that than it does the story line. Time will tell. I thought Emma Stone was a total breath of fresh air in the first movie!, she even made Garfield more likable.

I am a fan of TASM, but I am concerned about bad-guy overload in this sequel,as well as bewildered with the very extreme shift in costume design. I think it a shame they have gone back to 'traditional' design when i thought the first design had more edge and set it apart from all other SM incarnations. Some of the best designs I have seen have been in the Spider-man games.

I have read some interesting news that Spidey had not realised his full potential and powers yet?, that he will be much stronger and agile. He did feel a little under powered in part one.

I hope they reveal that he always had the Super spider DNA and it the bite in the lab was just a catalyst, that feels like that's where they pointing?

Stone is excellent in ASM and I believe her presence opened the film up to some who might have previously opted out of another Spider-Man flick. Woodley's been enjoying some praise for The Spectacular Now (consider my ticket booked on the strength of the trailer alone) and althought it'll be difficult post-Stone, I think she has the potential to pull off a great Parker love interest.

The previous suit was very cool in that it looked tough and durable but I'm really happy when (as with the Lizard) they keep close to the original material which, with the larger eyes, it seems they are doing.

For me, the appeal with Spider-Man is that he is the underdog. The 'under powered' approach can work well from a tension standpoint (as opposed to the invicible Superhman Superman hero)?

ComicCon's next month...they wrapped shooting this week...is a teaser trailer too much to ask?

< Message edited by Macavity -- 28/6/2013 3:04:34 PM >

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 44
RE: Tangled Webb - 1/7/2013 1:21:07 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I hope they reveal that he always had the Super spider DNA and it the bite in the lab was just a catalyst, that feels like that's where they pointing?

Stone is excellent in ASM and I believe her presence opened the film up to some who might have previously opted out of another Spider-Man flick. Woodley's been enjoying some praise for The Spectacular Now (consider my ticket booked on the strength of the trailer alone) and althought it'll be difficult post-Stone, I think she has the potential to pull off a great Parker love interest.

The previous suit was very cool in that it looked tough and durable but I'm really happy when (as with the Lizard) they keep close to the original material which, with the larger eyes, it seems they are doing.

For me, the appeal with Spider-Man is that he is the underdog. The 'under powered' approach can work well from a tension standpoint (as opposed to the invicible Superhman Superman hero)?

ComicCon's next month...they wrapped shooting this week...is a teaser trailer too much to ask?

Well my thoughts on Woodley have been covered ! but if its post Gwen Stacey fate then it might be more believable, but I still don't rate her.

They set up a believable situation where he could have made the suit, we actually see him doing so! which I thought was great, who doesn't like a good superhero montage. Will they explain his suit upgrade I wonder?. I like the larger eyes in the comics/cartoons , not a fan now ive seen it in live action but its not a big deal and I got over the non-organic web-shooters once I watched the actual movie so we will see.

I would prefer his leaping/jumping ability to be a bit stronger . felt a bit limited in TASM. have you seen the Ultimate Spider-man cartoon where he gets given upgraded tech from SHIELD ?. I kinda like the idea of different style webbing cartridges?. My son watches it on Netflix contantly, I noticed this weekend that he was given some electrified webbing!

p.s. Spell check wants me to change Woodley to woodlice...just saying try it

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 2/7/2013 11:56:46 AM >

(in reply to Macavity)
Post #: 45
RE: Tangled Webb - 2/7/2013 12:00:14 PM   
Dannybohy

don't know about anyone else but I am seriously stoked to see Dane DeHann as Harry/the Green Goblin! I predict he will be awesome!

LINk HAS SPOILERS
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/07/01/amazing-spider-man-2-villain-rumors

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 46
Teaser Trailer - 2/7/2013 2:50:33 PM   
Macavity

quote:

They set up a believable situation where he could have made the suit, we actually see him doing so! which I thought was great, who doesn't like a good superhero montage. Will they explain his suit upgrade I wonder?. I like the larger eyes in the comics/cartoons , not a fan now ive seen it in live action but its not a big deal and I got over the non-organic web-shooters once I watched the actual movie so we will see.

I would prefer his leaping/jumping ability to be a bit stronger . felt a bit limited in TASM. have you seen the Ultimate Spider-man cartoon where he gets given upgraded tech from SHIELD ?. I kinda like the idea of different style webbing cartridges?. My son watches it on Netflix contantly, I noticed this weekend that he was given some electrified webbing!

It's not much but a blurry snap from the trailer has 'leaked'. We can't be far away from seeing some actual footage now. I think this trailer may make or break ASM2 for a lot of people.

Anything's possible with the agility - he was just starting out in Amazing Spider-Man. I've never seen the cartoons but I read the comics as a kid and the webshooters were a missed opportunity in Raimi's (I'm saying that even as a Rami Trilogy fan).

As far as I'm concerned I'd like Sony to keep any S.H.I.E.L.D. antics as far away from Spider-Man as possible.

< Message edited by Macavity -- 2/7/2013 2:51:52 PM >

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 47
RE: Teaser Trailer - 2/7/2013 3:26:42 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

quote:

It's not much but a blurry snap from the trailer has 'leaked'. We can't be far away from seeing some actual footage now. I think this trailer may make or break ASM2 for a lot of people.

Anything's possible with the agility - he was just starting out in Amazing Spider-Man. I've never seen the cartoons but I read the comics as a kid and the webshooters were a missed opportunity in Raimi's (I'm saying that even as a Rami Trilogy fan).

As far as I'm concerned I'd like Sony to keep any S.H.I.E.L.D. antics as far away from Spider-Man as possible.

I dunno! I kinda liked the organic/Rami webshooting! I miss the jizz webs they always sounded kinda gross! TASM ones make an awesome sound!

Looking forward to a teaser!! although TASM teaser was crap!

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 2/7/2013 3:27:00 PM >

(in reply to Macavity)
Post #: 48
Teaser Trailer - 2/7/2013 4:54:09 PM   
Macavity

Is it coincidence that The Amazing Spider-Man opened exactly a year ago this coming weekend?
The US 4th July weekend is potentially a big platform for trailers - perhaps Sony will attach a teaser with Despicable Me 2 and/or The Lone Ranger?
The leaked pic indicates it can't be far off...

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 49
RE: Teaser Trailer - 2/7/2013 4:55:47 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

Is it coincidence that The Amazing Spider-Man opened exactly a year ago this coming weekend?
The US 4th July weekend is potentially a big platform for trailers - perhaps Sony will attach a teaser with Despicable Me 2 and/or The Lone Ranger?
The leaked pic indicates it can't be far off...

Is Despicable ME 2 out this weekend in the UK?..might go see if weather is shit! . Id rather eat my own eyeballs than see Lone Ranger mind!

(in reply to Macavity)
Post #: 50
Uncle Ben's Killer - 3/7/2013 10:18:58 AM   
Macavity

I can't see this plot point being resolved with all the new characters featuring but I would really really like them to bring a resolution to the Uncle Ben's killer storyline.

Amazing Spider-man saw Peter attempt to hunt down the killer but as soon as his Spider-man persona gained traction he quickly lost interest.

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 51
RE: Uncle Ben's Killer - 3/7/2013 10:37:29 AM   
Dannybohy

quote:

I can't see this plot point being resolved with all the new characters featuring but I would really really like them to bring a resolution to the Uncle Ben's killer storyline.

Amazing Spider-man saw Peter attempt to hunt down the killer but as soon as his Spider-man persona gained traction he quickly lost interest.

A quick look on IMDB and he isnt credited yet as being in the sequel so I guess they are dropping it or a new actor is being used?. The character was called Glasses! http://www.wired.com/geekmom/2012/07/spider-man-leif-gantvoort/

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 3/7/2013 10:47:05 AM >

(in reply to Macavity)
Post #: 52
Uncle Ben's Killer - 3/7/2013 11:59:15 AM   
Macavity

It'd be a shame to not come back to it. Especially after the ending of Amazing Spider-man when you have Uncle Ben's v/o speaking of unresolved issues with the 'Wanted' ad and Pete's parents clearly in shot.

Perhaps they'll play they long game and see it as a story capper to the series? It'd be great to have after the battles with the likes of Vulture, Electro, Rhino, Green Goblin,the Sinister Six & Venom while losing Gwen, being with MJ that we come back to this small story and have a quiet scene between Peter and his uncle's killer that offers some kind of justified resolution (without being definitive) to this run of films.
I'd reference the final moments in the second Bourne film when addressing this.

< Message edited by Macavity -- 3/7/2013 12:26:12 PM >

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 53
RE: Uncle Ben's Killer - 3/7/2013 1:44:41 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

It'd be a shame to not come back to it. Especially after the ending of Amazing Spider-man when you have Uncle Ben's v/o speaking of unresolved issues with the 'Wanted' ad and Pete's parents clearly in shot.

Perhaps they'll play they long game and see it as a story capper to the series? It'd be great to have after the battles with the likes of Vulture, Electro, Rhino, Green Goblin,the Sinister Six & Venom while losing Gwen, being with MJ that we come back to this small story and have a quiet scene between Peter and his uncle's killer that offers some kind of justified resolution (without being definitive) to this run of films.

I think they will just leave Bens killer out of it, it will be part of the lesson and not of revenge/motivation.

I am really hoping they expand on the hints of Peter being part of his fathers experiments. I don't know the wider comic universe but as I have mentioned before I hope that he was treated with Spider DNA as a child for some form of disability and the bite was a catalyst. They are hinting in the movie at something like this, I want to see some serious expanding on the back story on the parents.

oh and I just thought that I would throw this iout there, regarding MARY JANE. I think this young lady would make for a much better MJ http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3994408/?ref_=tt_cl_t1

(in reply to Macavity)
Post #: 54
RE: Uncle Ben's Killer - 3/7/2013 2:15:34 PM   
Macavity

quote:

oh and I just thought that I would throw this iout there, regarding MARY JANE. I think this young lady would make for a much better MJ http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3994408/?ref_=tt_cl_t1

Why?

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 55
RE: Uncle Ben's Killer - 3/7/2013 2:20:19 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

quote:

Why?

Well I could pretend its because I think shes a better actress, which I do,she was great in Evil Dead. But.... I mostly think shes seriously hot. Dont judge me!!

(in reply to Macavity)
Post #: 56
RE: Uncle Ben's Killer - 3/7/2013 2:25:59 PM   
Macavity

quote:

quote:

quote:

Why?

Well I could pretend its because I think shes a better actress, which I do,she was great in Evil Dead. But.... I mostly think shes seriously hot. Dont judge me!!

I've not seen her in anything but she looks a lot like Emma Stone. It'd be a little creepy considering what's supposed to happen.

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 57
RE: Uncle Ben's Killer - 3/7/2013 3:38:25 PM   
Macavity

quote:

quote:

I think they will just leave Bens killer out of it, it will be part of the lesson and not of revenge/motivation.

Part of what lesson?

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 58
RE: The Vulture & Robo-Rhino? - 6/7/2013 12:16:13 AM   
Private Hudson

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

quote:

quote:

Oh for goodness sake! What kind of PC nonsense have we become! Everyone lighten up FFS! It is a throwaway remark.

If people can't handle such a jibe then I fear how they get through the day.

Also you guys are dead right. Keep personal insults out of the forum. It is supposed to be fun and yes part of that fun is disagreeing with others - that is the internet.

I doubt many of these current punters would have survived on here back in the 90s with Lounge Lady and the unique (shall we say) Wolfgang! Those crazy days still make me laugh....

Watch my spoof movie of FULL METAL JACKET here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCGRWVvM-Zo&feature=plcp&context=C31ca298UDOEgsToPDskJ4_UorjolrWTaxEGMj5GO0

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 59
RE: The Vulture & Robo-Rhino? - 6/7/2013 12:25:01 AM   
MonsterCat

Fuck it, it's not worth it.

< Message edited by MonsterCat -- 6/7/2013 12:32:09 AM >

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Private Hudson)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> The Vulture & Robo-Rhino? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI