Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

The Rise And Rise Of Andrew Garfield

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> The Rise And Rise Of Andrew Garfield Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Rise And Rise Of Andrew Garfield - 6/7/2012 9:09:30 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 6/7/2012 9:09:30 AM   
megank13

I love Andrew Garfield, every piece of work he's done, films, TV, has been brilliant. his performance unbelievable, I'm seriously glad he's getting recognition. & if anybody is a fan of him & Jesse Eisenberg, they should check out all the tumblr's & YouTube videos of them together lol ;) I ship them....

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Red Riding - 6/7/2012 12:35:52 PM   
guysalisbury

I first saw Garfield in Red Riding and thought he was excellent. As films, I thought Lions for Lambs and Never Let me go were a bit average but were well watchable because of Garfield. Personally I cant watch any film that has Keira Knightly in but because of Garfield I gave it a go. Really excited about watching Boy A. Cant believe it has passed me by.

Post #: 3
Boy A - 6/7/2012 8:03:21 PM   
Count Karnstein

Garfield was amazing in Boy A. One of the most touching performances I've ever seen, reminded me of Bjork in Dancer in the Dark.

Post #: 4
Gifted - 9/7/2012 11:06:32 AM   
kisswithatear

Red Riding is one of the more difficult things I've attempted to watch; although the second was lesser and the third was probably better as it added the conclusive nature of the crimes, plus it was Robert Sheehan's best part in the final stretch of his journey, it's always the first one that sticks with me. Trephining and Peter Mullan aside it was Garfield's confidence that really sold it. Plus his scene with Sean Bean at the end, not only was it assured acting but it was just insanely tense, gorgeously shot and utterly memorable.

Boy A was all those things combined at well, I can still remember his tiny gestures, that desperate look of acceptance in his eyes. Most gorgeous of all was the sheer pleasure of accepting a gift from Peter Mullan, some gawdy trainers, which he picked up, gazed at with sheer amazement. Of course it was the gesture that caught him the most but the idea that someone gave him such a thing just astounded him and it was all there. That was his first scene and it just got better and better.

Yeah I love this guy. But Amazing Spiderman just wasn't very good...

Post #: 5
Hey you missed one! - 9/7/2012 1:20:26 PM   
ZachBobBob

He was in series 3 of Doctor Who, in the Dalek two parter episodes in 2007. This was the first time I ever saw him in anything

Post #: 6
Another one missed - 10/7/2012 6:27:12 PM   
emilyburning

The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus!!!

Post #: 7
Never Let Me Go - 11/7/2012 7:51:31 PM   
troyalg

I just watched this movie this past weekend and was moved as very few movies have moved me. It is an incredible movie and heartbreaking. I watched it twice it two days just because I wanted to watch it again. Andrew & Carey Mulligan are especially great here. If you haven't seen it, go watch it as soon as possible.

Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> The Rise And Rise Of Andrew Garfield Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI