Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Any Smart car owners on the forums?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Knowledge Base >> Any Smart car owners on the forums? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Any Smart car owners on the forums? - 5/7/2012 7:53:11 PM   
Valanya

In September I'm starting teacher training, which means that for the first time ever I'm going to have a non-walkable commute a lot of the time. It's going to make transport awkward, as my partner works in the late afternoons/evenings tutoring in various towns and villages, so having just the one car between is probably won't really work.

So I'm thinking about getting myself a second car to try and save myself hundreds of hours on buses. I'm considering getting a second hand Smart car, because they seem pretty cheap to insure/tax/run, I really don't need the extra seats or boot room, and we're in rented accommodation (and will be for at least a few more years) so saved parking room is a bonus.

I haven't ever driven one though, and I don't know anyone who has. So I was hoping someone here has, and can help me out! I've got a couple of slight qualms about it:

- How's the drive? I've read a couple of reviews where people have said it's really bouncy on the road, and others that say it handles badly and doesn't accelerate very quickly. The acceleration thing doesn't bother me too much (my last car was a 1998 fiesta, you didn't so much 'accelerate' as 'ask if it wouldn't mind getting a bit faster in a while') but if it's shockingly bad then it would annoy me.

- Is it actually as economical as the company would have me believe?

- I currently live in a city, but I'm looking to move out to the countryside in a year or two. I'm sure Smart cars are better as a city car, but would it be a massive pain to drive around the countryside?

What came first, the music or the misery?
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Knowledge Base >> Any Smart car owners on the forums? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI