Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Disney Launches First Oz Teaser Poster

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Disney Launches First Oz Teaser Poster Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Disney Launches First Oz Teaser Poster - 4/7/2012 7:01:52 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
one ring to rule them all... - 4/7/2012 7:01:52 PM   
jackcarter

that is all...

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
"from the visionary director of the SpiderMan tril... - 5/7/2012 1:57:50 AM   
BatSpider

good to see Raimi getting in on the marketing stuff too, but does he really want to remind us about SpiderMan 3?

Post #: 3
- 5/7/2012 7:01:06 AM   
theonering

If they can make a film that comes even close to the style and scope of the original I'll be happy.

Post #: 4
RE: "from the visionary director of the SpiderMan ... - 5/7/2012 9:36:48 AM   
FoximusPrime

What is it with marketing calling every bloody director "visionary"? Admittedly, that does kind of fit for Raimi, but I remember the trailer for Watchmen that referred to Zack Snyder as "The visionary director of 300...". That seemed to be a bit of hyperbole to be honest - I tend to think of Snyder as being at the same level as the visionary director of Die Hard 4.0.

Maybe one day we'll get a film from "The visionary director or...er...Visionaries"

< Message edited by FoximusPrime -- 5/7/2012 9:37:10 AM >

Spoiler colour: #F1F1F1

(in reply to BatSpider)
Post #: 5
RE: "from the visionary director of the SpiderMan ... - 5/7/2012 2:08:32 PM   
Dave Oz

quote:

ORIGINAL: FoximusPrime

What is it with marketing calling every bloody director "visionary"? Admittedly, that does kind of fit for Raimi, but I remember the trailer for Watchmen that referred to Zack Snyder as "The visionary director of 300...". That seemed to be a bit of hyperbole to be honest - I tend to think of Snyder as being at the same level as the visionary director of Die Hard 4.0.

Maybe one day we'll get a film from "The visionary director or...er...Visionaries"

Personally I would hesitate to bracket Zack Snyder in the same category as Len Wiseman. I think Zack Snyder has dropped in people's estimations since that movie with all the scantily-clad ladies in that asylum (the name escapes me), but I still think he has a lot more to offer than Mr. Wiseman.

Sam Raimi is a visionary though!

< Message edited by Dave Oz -- 5/7/2012 2:09:36 PM >

(in reply to FoximusPrime)
Post #: 6
RE: "from the visionary director of the SpiderMan ... - 5/7/2012 2:37:47 PM   
Moronifighter

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dave Oz

quote:

ORIGINAL: FoximusPrime

Personally I would hesitate to bracket Zack Snyder in the same category as Len Wiseman. I think Zack Snyder has dropped in people's estimations since that movie with all the scantily-clad ladies in that asylum (the name escapes me), but I still think he has a lot more to offer than Mr. Wiseman.

Sam Raimi is a visionary though!

Agreed. Snyders films definitely are visionary but the story an script is sometimes lacking...

(in reply to Dave Oz)
Post #: 7
RE: "from the visionary director of the SpiderMan ... - 5/7/2012 2:49:28 PM   
FoximusPrime

That was probably a bit harsh of me to be honest - whilst I still wouldn't call Snyder 'visionary' he does at least bring some flair to proceedings and you know you're watching a Snyder film - he did a decent job with Watchmen and I am genuinely looking forward to Man of Steel. I still have zero interest in Sucker Punch (the scantily-clad asylum inmates film) as it doesn't look remotely enjoyable, but at least it was an original idea (I think).

Wiseman just seems to be a journeyman hack-for-hire.

However, edging back towards the topic at hand: Raimi is the Oz to their flying monkeys.

I might purchase Darkman...

Spoiler colour: #F1F1F1

(in reply to Dave Oz)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Disney Launches First Oz Teaser Poster Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI