Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Jack Reacher: Trailer Breakdown

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> Jack Reacher: Trailer Breakdown Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Jack Reacher: Trailer Breakdown - 4/7/2012 2:02:35 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
.38 not .22 - 4/7/2012 2:02:35 PM   
Maneroch

it was a .38 that he was shot with in Tripwire not a measly .22.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Not assuaging any doubts - 4/7/2012 2:27:06 PM   
Madhava

Certainly doesn't assuage any doubts about Cruise as Reacher. Everything about this trailer is awful: the Mission Impossible style music, the fact that "Reacher" is looking UP at the bad guys, the overly wordy, cheesy dialogue.

Again, the way Reacher looks is a major, major part of his character. It's just not Reacher without the imposing size and muscle. Not only that, but Cruise just cannot put across Reacher's stoic, silent demeanor, despite his attempts at "acting." This is the worst casting in history, all because of Cruise's ego in casting himself in a part clearly completely wrong for him. And it is one of the worst missed opportunities for a great movie series ever.

Post #: 3
Alternatives - 4/7/2012 3:34:48 PM   
crimebusterofthesea

Never read a Reacher book, but from what I do know, aren't there a lot of people who are far more suitable for this part? Tom Hardy is obviously busy with Mad Max, but what about: Hugh Jackman, Josh Holloway, Chris Hemsworth, Eric Bana. Or if you want to go way left-field Kevin Durand, Joe Manganiello..? There are more. Cruise is an odd choice and it looks it from the trailers.

Post #: 4
top stuff - 4/7/2012 6:41:00 PM   
mclane1

like roadhouse, hard target, any which way but loose and they live all moulded together!

Post #: 5
Cliche Ridden Yawn Fest - 4/7/2012 11:16:08 PM   
BluesBoy

Nuf sed.

Post #: 6
- 5/7/2012 10:24:21 AM   
warren7355

Have to admit I've never read the books, but page 4 made me larf. Not exactly selling it to me....

Post #: 7
The Car - 5/7/2012 11:41:06 AM   
i_wascloned

I believe it's a chevrolet Nova super sport, please anyone feel free to correct me if i'm wrong!

Post #: 8
Looking good... - 5/7/2012 12:46:56 PM   
Sub Rosa

This is looking good... after playing Vincent in "Collateral" Cruise certainly can play "badass" and he'll bring this part to life! Can't wait the full thang!

Post #: 9
I don't know the books... - 5/7/2012 4:51:38 PM   
Porter

...but the name Jack Reacher is shite. It's like a bad Arnold Shwarzenegger character (thinking Last Action Hero). Is it supposed to be crap? Is it an in-joke between the author and the readers? Cos by the looks of the trailer, I'm guessing it's not. Any-hoo, I like the Cruiser as an actor, so I'll probably give it a go. He doesn't immediately strike me as a one-man-army though. Shame Liam Neeson did Taken. This would've been a good fit for him.

Post #: 10
I don't know the books... - 5/7/2012 5:15:23 PM   
Porter

...but the name Jack Reacher is shite. It's like a bad Arnold Shwarzenegger character (thinking Last Action Hero). Is it supposed to be crap? Is it an in-joke between the author and the readers? Cos by the looks of the trailer, I'm guessing it's not. Any-hoo, I like the Cruiser as an actor, so I'll probably give it a go. He doesn't immediately strike me as a one-man-army though. Shame Liam Neeson did Taken. This would've been a good fit for him.

Post #: 11
wrong car... - 10/12/2012 11:20:41 PM   
hemibell

It's quite obviously a Chevrolet Chevelle SS

Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> Jack Reacher: Trailer Breakdown Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI