Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Jack Reacher Trailer Drives In

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Jack Reacher Trailer Drives In Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Jack Reacher Trailer Drives In - 3/7/2012 7:09:03 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
LOLLOLOLOLOLOL - 3/7/2012 7:09:03 PM   
Roger Roger

Okay I'll admit I know nothing of Jack Reacher except what I have just learnt after a quick read of his wikipedia page;
poor driver
6'5"
blonde hair

This Tom Cruise version just looks like the guy from War of the Worlds with some of the fighting skills of Ethan hunt. Definitely one to miss I think.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
RE: LOLLOLOLOLOLOL - 3/7/2012 7:11:37 PM   
James2183

Tom Cruise is the perfect fit for Jack Reacher since the character is "is a giant, standing at 6' 5" tall (1.96m) with a 50-inch chest, and weighing between 210 and 250 pounds (100115 kg)"

Someone like Chris Hemsworth would have been a better fit

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to Roger Roger)
Post #: 3
- 3/7/2012 7:12:07 PM   
hazy

He is not a hero... he's an insane scientologist dwarf (and naughty boy)

Post #: 4
Old snake - 3/7/2012 7:21:33 PM   
MaxRenn

Has a bit of an 80's feel to it...kept thinking of Stallone's Cobra when I was watching the trailer for some odd reason

Post #: 5
- 3/7/2012 7:26:18 PM   
hazy

He is not a hero... he's an insane scientologist dwarf (and naughty boy)

Post #: 6
HAHAHA - 3/7/2012 7:28:50 PM   
shalmo

Fuck off. Just fuck off. Seriously.

Post #: 7
Short changed - 3/7/2012 7:35:42 PM   
danielthompson99

looks a little short (and whiney) and WHO THE HELL CALLS HIM JACK???? Even his mum called him Reacher!!!

Post #: 8
seems okay - 3/7/2012 7:37:24 PM   
Maneroch

i have read every single Reacher novel - and initially hated the idea of Cruise playing him BUT the trailer seems okay - i think i would rather have Cruise playing Reacher if it means that we get to option of going to see the film rather than someone else 'playing" him and the film not getting made - in the end we don't have to go and see it if we really really really can't bear the idea that the central character has been physically changed. My personal choice would have been Liev Schreiber - but even he isn't big enough to be truly faithful to the books. how about we all just get over ourselves?

Post #: 9
Okay - 3/7/2012 8:44:59 PM   
Lassard

I see some people here criticising Cruise's choice based on height and weight, which is silly. Of course the character of Reacher in the book has those characteristics but a movie is a different thing. Cruise might not be the most adequate for the role, but then neither did Keanu Reeves for Constantine and the movie turned out pretty decent

Post #: 10
Okay - 3/7/2012 8:45:07 PM   
Lassard

I see some people here criticising Cruise's choice based on height and weight, which is silly. Of course the character of Reacher in the book has those characteristics but a movie is a different thing. Cruise might not be the most adequate for the role, but then neither did Keanu Reeves for Constantine and the movie turned out pretty decent

Post #: 11
Good on em - 3/7/2012 8:49:34 PM   
mclane1

The end fight scene is clearly a dig at all you anti cruise people, they couldn't show him being any shorter if they tried. Highly amusing and respect to the films promoters. Movie looks just fine to me, a bit old school, roadhouse, walking tall esque. Bring it on vrooooom!

Post #: 12
Potential of a Stallone / Hugh Jackman / Vin Deisel / E... - 3/7/2012 10:54:42 PM   
GALLYMOO

...Anyone but...It's like casting Cruise as Bond...just doesn't work...he's too 'mummy's Boy Mapother' for the role...if only Burt Reynolds was in his prime...this would of been perfect!

Post #: 13
Erm - 3/7/2012 10:55:39 PM   
bobsbitchtits

Realllyyy doesn't help that the music for the the railer is a complete rip off of the MI theme....

Post #: 14
RE: Erm - 3/7/2012 11:01:39 PM   
musht

Cruise is too short? Pleeeeease, he can act and do action. This is Craig is blond all over again

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to bobsbitchtits)
Post #: 15
Not knocking Cruise...but there are some roles that are... - 3/7/2012 11:11:50 PM   
GALLYMOO

It'll probably make a few bucks but it looks so bland...Cruise can act and do 'action' but he doesn't have an 'action face'...it's all too staged in his movements and he looks like he's squeezing a poo when he's punching....'really?'

Post #: 16
Reacher - 4/7/2012 12:00:47 AM   
durelius

I haven't read any of the books yet, but I've read all this constant bullshit about size etc. I think that fight scene shows perfectly what the character is about he's out there surrounded by guys clearly bigger than him and he's warning them "you asked for this" before what's obviously somewhat editing down version for the trailer beating them down, the guy is a bad ass he's knows he can take them, he knows he going to take them. think this is going to be great, Collateral was unexpected Cruise bad guy, what? that was pretty cool. He not a bad guy but he's not Ethan Hunt either think it'll be an interesting mix.

Post #: 17
SIZE DOES MATTER - 4/7/2012 1:23:11 AM   
miorandmior

All this talk about the critics being silly about the height /look issue ignores the fact that the critics are mostly, if not all, ardent readers and followers of the reacher books. All of whom by the way put Mr Child and the reacher books on the map. People tend to forget that and apparently so has mr.child. if you havent read the book or not an existing fan then the movie will be just fine with cruise in it. BUT if you are a fan then the movie will more than likely be a piece of dribble. Just another action movie with cruise as the hero - no different from any other cruise movie. so please indulge the people who 'made' Mr.Child anf forgive them their despair. if anyone otehr than the fans would btiehr to read the book, the whole thing about reacher is his size - its mentioned in every otehr page of the books. its the reason he talks the he does, acts the way he does and deal with things the way he does. lets face it if someone like cruise tries to act like Reacher itll be be just unbeleivalbe. A 5'7" guy does not kick ass the same way a 6'5" guy does - except may be in cruise movies.

Post #: 18
RE: SIZE DOES MATTER - 4/7/2012 5:32:14 AM   
jazzyjules63

Very valid points. I suspect the producers have halved their audience by disrespecting the fans. I haven't read the books and as you say, it'll be a reasonable film for me. But you can kiss any thoughts of a franchise goodbye.

(in reply to miorandmior)
Post #: 19
Way to ruin one of the best characters written - 4/7/2012 5:45:46 AM   
Run.toh.run

This was a movie I was hoping would have never been made if Tom Cruise was involved. It only shows what kind of Napoleon complex Tom the midget Cruise has, to think he can play a character 1 foot taller and 100 lbs heavier than him. Reacher's size is as important to the character as the way he thinks and analyzes a situation. He's a combination of brutal strength and analytical thinking. If this trailer shows not only how bad this movie is going to be but how much they got it all wrong. Reacher was never 'Jack Reacher' he was just Reacher. Even his mother called him Reacher. No one called him Jack Reacher. He never had any possessions. And obviously the author of the article never read the books because he would not have focused on the leather jacket because Reacher wore what was convenient. He didn't have a car and used his 6'5 frame to his full advantage. Tom Cruise's ego won't let him accept that he was wrong for the role. He this he is so much bigger than who he is he even chose a director to kiss his ass to keep justifying how much they have ruined this character. I hope this movie fails so that they do not make a sequel and continue to destroy this character. And I'm done with Lee Child. It's pathetic that he sold out to a egomaniac cult leader scientologist like Cruise. I hope that one day they reintroduce the character properly without Tom Cruise involved.

Post #: 20
RE: SIZE DOES MATTER - 4/7/2012 7:16:02 AM   
mclane1

Really, halved the audience?? you are clearly very young and stupid, people arent that bothered when it comes down to it.
quote:

ORIGINAL: jazzyjules63

I suspect the producers have halved their audience by disrespecting the fans. I haven't read the books and as you say, it'll be a reasonable film for me. But you can kiss any thoughts of a franchise goodbye.

If the cash is there, we do not care.

(in reply to jazzyjules63)
Post #: 21
RE: Way to ruin one of the best characters written - 4/7/2012 8:42:24 AM   
The Bantam Menace

All this size thing is ridiculous! Does this mean that ONLY people who resemble literary characters can play them? Bond is described as having curly hair in the books, but no-one who has played him does! If this film is a success, then all these narrow minded individuals kicking off about Cruise being cast, will look as stupid as the DanielCraigIsNotBond.com mob look now.

Should Peter Jackson have only cast a dwarf as Gimli? Should he have waited for a proper elf to walk through the door before casting Legolas? Should Steven Spielberg have trained a proper great white shark for Jaws, waited for an alien to drop on his lap before casting ET? I know I'm being silly with the above points but where does this thing stop?

(in reply to Run.toh.run)
Post #: 22
RE: Way to ruin one of the best characters written - 4/7/2012 8:42:48 AM   
The Bantam Menace

All this size thing is ridiculous! Does this mean that ONLY people who resemble literary characters can play them? Bond is described as having curly hair in the books, but no-one who has played him does! If this film is a success, then all these narrow minded individuals kicking off about Cruise being cast, will look as stupid as the DanielCraigIsNotBond.com mob look now.

Should Peter Jackson have only cast a dwarf as Gimli? Should he have waited for a proper elf to walk through the door before casting Legolas? Should Steven Spielberg have trained a proper great white shark for Jaws, waited for an alien to drop on his lap before casting ET? I know I'm being silly with the above points but where does this thing stop?

(in reply to Run.toh.run)
Post #: 23
Well... - 4/7/2012 8:53:47 AM   
Monkiimagic

..this looks rubbish and I usually like Tom Cruise movies (for the most part), think I will read the books though.

Post #: 24
Well... - 4/7/2012 8:55:03 AM   
Monkiimagic

..this looks rubbish and I usually like Tom Cruise movies (for the most part), think I will read the books though.

Post #: 25
I understand this is a teaser, but ... - 4/7/2012 9:22:16 AM   
Nicky C

... some more information on plot would be nice. I'm acutally more intrigued by McQuarrie directing. First directing gig since 'Way of the Gun' back in 2000, if I'm not mistaken?

Post #: 26
- 4/7/2012 10:14:50 AM   
JimmyThe Saint

Did u hear about the Jack Reacher movie where he allegedly stalked his ex wife for escaping a brainwashing cult? Seriously, studios must be furious at these big stars when these stories appear about their private lives just as a new movie is coming out. Because people do notice and they do care. Cruise was just getting over a backlash and now it could start all over again. But, like Gibson, if it’s true then his career should suffer. Why should movie stars keep making millions and getting away with unacceptable behaviour ordinary people would be nicked for?

Post #: 27
Fanboys whinge about everything... - 4/7/2012 10:21:20 AM   
ronniem

I suppose Peter Jackson should have only cast dwarves for the LOTR films...And Bond should have had curly hair. Get a grip fanboys...Cruise is one of the main reasons this is even coming to the big screen...and some of us will be first in line. "They just halved the audience..." Ha...do me a favour!

Post #: 28
- 4/7/2012 11:49:06 AM   
Tosh

I, like Maneroch, have read all the Reacher books and had an idea of him in my head ond obviously thinking that Cruise was a bad choice. However I liked the trailer and even before seeing it I was going to watch the film regardless of who was playing Reacher.

Not sure about driving of cars though, sitting in the passenger seat a lot maybe ;)

Post #: 29
- 4/7/2012 1:11:26 PM   
giantshannon

Read all the books, love the character of Reacher - REALLY had my doubts over the casting of Cruise but.... you know what.... I like the look of the trailer. Its like putting Reacher in an alternative universe; one where he is normal height, drives a car but is still a (major) badass. Stop calling him Jack though - his name is Reacher. His name.... is Reacher. I will be going to see this I think.
And I want to see and hear Werzog!!

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Jack Reacher Trailer Drives In Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI