Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Dark Knight Rises Rating Confirmed

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Dark Knight Rises Rating Confirmed Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Dark Knight Rises Rating Confirmed - 3/7/2012 1:48:49 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 3/7/2012 1:48:49 PM   
Whistler

I think we can all agree with hardly a doubt that the film is going to be great, so why wouldn't we want 2 and three quarter hours of it? I can't wait.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
YESSSSSSS!! - 3/7/2012 1:50:42 PM   
marlowe9

Awesome news! (Even if MTV confirmed the length over a month ago) Not too long ago there were rumours that TDKR would be the same length as Batman Begins...which would have been a shame given how many characters there are in the final film! I can't wait for 2.75 hours of Nolanverse Batman goodness - as long as the credits stay under 8 minutes, we're getting a truly amazing deal for the same price ticket as Ice Age 4 :P

Post #: 3
YESSSSSSS!! - 3/7/2012 1:50:52 PM   
marlowe9

Awesome news! (Even if MTV confirmed the length over a month ago) Not too long ago there were rumours that TDKR would be the same length as Batman Begins...which would have been a shame given how many characters there are in the final film! I can't wait for 2.75 hours of Nolanverse Batman goodness - as long as the credits stay under 8 minutes, we're getting a truly amazing deal for the same price ticket as Ice Age 4 :P

Post #: 4
YESSSSSSS!! - 3/7/2012 1:50:58 PM   
marlowe9

Post #: 5
- 3/7/2012 1:52:19 PM   
Liverpoolfc

The longer the better! I wish it was a whole day long. Getting far too exited about this film now. Cannot believe I have to wait another 3 weeks.

Post #: 6
- 3/7/2012 1:52:27 PM   
Liverpoolfc

The longer the better! I wish it was a whole day long. Getting far too exited about this film now. Cannot believe I have to wait another 3 weeks.

Post #: 7
- 3/7/2012 1:52:45 PM   
Liverpoolfc

Post #: 8
RE: - 3/7/2012 2:32:34 PM   
Woger

When does Empire plebs get to see it?

Eddie: "Weve been burgaled"
Richie: You may have been, but I have never in my life. As a christian I am so tightly clenched, oh you mean burgaled
- - -
There were originally five horsemen of the apocalypse. Jack Bauer said he would travel by foot

(in reply to Liverpoolfc)
Post #: 9
Remember The Woes of Spiderman 3. - 3/7/2012 4:20:07 PM   
balmerm

Spiderman 1 and Spiderman 2 - two brilliant, reasonable length films, helmed by a brilliant director - Sam Raimi - which reinvented a superhero. Spiderman 3 = long and boring. I do hope to god that Christopher Nolan doesn't go the same way. People are saying "Well it won't be bad - It's Christopher Nolan" and I really hope they are proved right, but in 2007 no one believed that Raimi could mess it up so badly.

Post #: 10
Aw F*CK YEAH! - 3/7/2012 4:37:36 PM   
Nicky C

The most exciting thing is the coming IMAX conversion of Batman Begins, meaning that soon the BFI IMAX will be able to to do a trilogy all-night and I can sit through some 7.5 of bat-flavoured goodness, getting fat and turning into a right old Jabba. Bring it!

Post #: 11
YOU MORONS - 3/7/2012 4:49:42 PM   
filmexpert

To any thick imbeciles who have no understanding of films, christopher nolan's films are always excellent especially if he co-wrote them SO the runtime won't do anything apart from make the experience last longer and probaly have more action and story in the film........ AND re BALMERM the reason spiderman 3 was a disaster wasn't because of the runtime but because sam raimi tried to squeeze too many villains in one films without fleshing them out.....

Post #: 12
YOU MORONS - 3/7/2012 4:51:11 PM   
filmexpert

To any thick imbeciles who have no understanding of films, christopher nolan's films are always excellent especially if he co-wrote them SO the runtime won't do anything apart from make the experience last longer and probaly have more action and story in the film........ AND re BALMERM the reason spiderman 3 was a disaster wasn't because of the runtime but because sam raimi tried to squeeze too many villains in one films without fleshing them out.....

Post #: 13
YOU MORONS - 3/7/2012 4:54:57 PM   
filmexpert

Post #: 14
YOU MORONS - 3/7/2012 5:00:53 PM   
filmexpert

Post #: 15
- 3/7/2012 5:03:22 PM   
theonering

The longer the better, most of the best films in history have been long epics. If it were 3 hours I'd be happy. Studios r not fans though as it means less showings per day. But having said that your still gonna go sew this film even if you don't get to see it in week one. I'm just waiting for Odeon to release dates for non IMAX showings

Post #: 16
- 3/7/2012 5:03:46 PM   
theonering

The longer the better, most of the best films in history have been long epics. If it were 3 hours I'd be happy. Studios r not fans though as it means less showings per day. But having said that your still gonna go sew this film even if you don't get to see it in week one. I'm just waiting for Odeon to release dates for non IMAX showings

Post #: 17
- 3/7/2012 5:04:46 PM   
JamieNC

Cautiously wetting my pants with excitement, although I do remember feeling just about as excited about Prometheus a few weeks before it came out...

Post #: 18
Dark Knight Of The Soul - 4/7/2012 12:02:56 AM   
BenTramer

A comic book movie doesn't have to be 3 hours long. Bane is a bit of a crap villain and Anne Hathaway isn't sexy enough to be Catwoman (Charlize Theron would've been perfect). The trailer is no great shakes either. Threequels are rarely any good (Jaws 3, Superman III, Alien 3, Godfather III). Plus, the bar has been raised since The Dark Knight 4 years ago by The Avengers and X-Men: First Class. Nolan has his work cut out for him.

Post #: 19
Third films - 4/7/2012 7:47:24 AM   
BikerScout

To say most third films in a trilogy are bad is something of a generalisation. Toy Story 3 anyone? Die Hard With a Vengeance... Army of Darkness... The Bourne Ultimatum... Return of the King... Indy & the Last Crusade... Missions: Impossible III... to name but a few.

The comparison to Spidey 3 is somewhat pointless since Raimi didn't have the same level of control over that movie that Nolan has on TDKR. And Nolan hasn't been forced to include a fan-favourite character to appeal to the fans at the insistance of the studio.

And for the record, I love Supes III.

(in reply to BenTramer)
Post #: 20
Is that all... - 4/7/2012 10:13:16 AM   
ronniem

I'd sit through 180 MINUTES...hey make that 4 hours of Nolan's Batman!

Post #: 21
RE: Dark Knight Of The Soul - 4/7/2012 1:28:42 PM   
stucoles

Let's all us in the movie biz down tools, because this Ben Tramer guy has it sussed. Ahem...
It really is a sad day indeed when it's presumed that films like The Avengers have raised the bar, when in fact they have merely re-painted it a dull fan-boy hue.

quote:

ORIGINAL: BenTramer

A comic book movie doesn't have to be 3 hours long. Bane is a bit of a crap villain and Anne Hathaway isn't sexy enough to be Catwoman (Charlize Theron would've been perfect). The trailer is no great shakes either. Threequels are rarely any good (Jaws 3, Superman III, Alien 3, Godfather III). Plus, the bar has been raised since The Dark Knight 4 years ago by The Avengers and X-Men: First Class. Nolan has his work cut out for him.

(in reply to BenTramer)
Post #: 22
RE: Dark Knight Of The Soul - 4/7/2012 3:38:32 PM   
Discodez

quote:

ORIGINAL: BenTramer

Bane a crap Villan? I assume your only knowledge of him as Character is from the awful Batman & Robin where he was cast as Mongo from Blazing Saddles in a Luchador mask. He's one of the greatest modern Villans in the Batman universe.

Ann Hathaway not sexy enough? Have you seen the pictures? are you blind? you will be proven very wrong I believe.

And First class and Avengers better than TDK? Are you being serious? As much fun as they both are they don't even compare to TDK.

I do actually agree he has his work cut out to better TDK though.

(in reply to BenTramer)
Post #: 23
RE: Dark Knight Rises Rating Confirmed - 5/7/2012 9:24:11 AM   
crazy321

Thanks for sharing. You are wonderful.

Buy Cheap WOW Gold
Cheapest WOW Gold

Post #: 24
- 5/7/2012 10:59:13 AM   
neil6189

so...2 hours and 40 minutes by the director that hands down rejuvenated the batman franchise?when the dark knight was shorter but still zoomed along anyway?.....ok,if we have to.i thought avengers was all kinds of joss whedon deliciousness by the way...

Post #: 25
- 6/7/2012 7:30:43 PM   
The Disciple

12A for a blockbuster? There's a surprise...

Post #: 26
Not TDKR's 12A certificate - 9/7/2012 5:12:38 PM   
Scorpion Jacket

Sorry, folks, I know this has nothing to do with TDKR's 12A cert, but it's driving me crazy. I saw the trailer again last night before watching The Hunter (superb) and I have to know whose voice they've used for Bane's dub-job. When he says, "Gotham's reckoning" I'm positive it's Hardy's voice, but later when he says, "Your punishment must be more severe" he sounds like a headmaster of a boys' grammar school. If anyone can tell me what's going on I'll love you forever.

Post #: 27
re skorpion jacket - 19/7/2012 10:52:31 PM   
filmexpert

They tweaked hardys voice to make it sound metallic as he is wearing a mask however I believe that the bit of 'your punishment must be more severe' os just hardy putting on an accent.
Enjoy

Post #: 28
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Dark Knight Rises Rating Confirmed Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI