Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Katie Holmes comes to her senses...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> RE: Katie Holmes comes to her senses... Page: <<   < prev  5 6 7 [8] 9   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Katie Holmes comes to her senses... - 6/7/2012 1:00:05 PM   
horribleives

Been watching a few scientology documentaries recently and after seeing clips of Travolta talking about the cult for the first time I have to say, while Cruise has the demeanour and arrogance of a good-looking car salesman, our John comes across as a clueless, duped idiot, his 'beliefs' nothing more than a bag of magic beans. In one of them he even claimed that if Elvis and Marilyn Monroe had only been scientologists they'd stil be alive. There's an obvious response to that comment which I won't make here but...hmm.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Lazarus munkey)
Post #: 211
RE: Katie Holmes comes to her senses... - 6/7/2012 1:05:38 PM   
blackduck

Has Katie Holmes actually come out and blamed Scientology for the break up? Anything I read so far seem to be the media filling in the gaps themselves.

I am but an egg.

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 212
RE: Katie Holmes comes to her senses... - 6/7/2012 1:24:12 PM   
The Big Guy

Whether Scientology is a reason for the dissolution of their marriage or not, it cannot have escaped her that it would play a huge part in any post-divorce scenario, given the manner in which Scientologists behave to those who leave the church. How the situation is going to be healthy for their young daughter, I do not know. As the child she is the innocent victim in this instance. Kat(i)e Holmes clearly had strong reasons to leave Tom Cruise, given what she knows of the Cult, and the possible separation of her child from one parent permanently must have weighed heavily on her mind.

(in reply to blackduck)
Post #: 213
RE: Katie Holmes comes to her senses... - 6/7/2012 1:30:15 PM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: blackduck

Has Katie Holmes actually come out and blamed Scientology for the break up? Anything I read so far seem to be the media filling in the gaps themselves.

The reports in the US read as if Holmes' reps have directly accused the Co$ of following them.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to blackduck)
Post #: 214
RE: Katie Holmes comes to her senses... - 6/7/2012 1:35:23 PM   
NinjaShortbread212

That doesn't surprise me one bit!

Art

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 215
RE: Katie Holmes comes to her senses... - 6/7/2012 1:41:14 PM   
horribleives

Check out the video on YouTube of Cruise giving a speech about 'study technology'. Not sure if it was filmed pre or post-Kate but how anyone could trust such a transparent bullshitter, let alone fall in love with and be impregnated by them, is beyond me.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to NinjaShortbread212)
Post #: 216
RE: Katie Holmes comes to her senses... - 6/7/2012 1:43:06 PM   
elab49

Is that the one they tried to get wiped off the internet? 

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Post #: 217
RE: Katie Holmes comes to her senses... - 6/7/2012 1:43:45 PM   
NinjaShortbread212

Jings, could the guy come across as any more transparent.

Art

Post #: 218
RE: Katie Holmes comes to her senses... - 6/7/2012 1:54:02 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

Is that the one they tried to get wiped off the internet? 

No, this one is him giving a speech at a church somewhere (it might even be in England). Judging by his hair and beard I'm guessing it was around the time of The Last Samurai which (I think) was before he met Katie.
Anyway, it's kind of frightenimng, annoying and plain offensive in equal measure but the main thing I took away from it is he's not even very good at it - sure, he raises his voice and gets passionate at the right time but he could be telling you hard scientific facts and you still wouldn't believe a word he says, so wafer-thin is his shifty politician/pervy driving instructor persona.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 219
RE: Katie Holmes comes to her senses... - 6/7/2012 2:00:09 PM   
Cool Breeze

I like Cruise a lot as an actor.He is a great screen presence in most of his films.His personal life and religious views are his own business.He really needs to keep a low profile about this stuff though.Its going to turn people off his films ( again ).

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

Post #: 220
RE: Katie Holmes comes to her senses... - 6/7/2012 2:13:29 PM   
horribleives

There's several things I thought he was great in - Born On The Fourth Of July, Rain Man, Magnolia, Collateral, Tropic Thunder - but he just plays it safe and does generic action tat these days.

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 221
RE: Katie Holmes comes to her senses... - 6/7/2012 2:58:16 PM   
Chief

Would it be fair to assume that, due to this cult, the daughter is either not going to see her mum or her dad once they're divorced?

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 222
RE: Katie Holmes comes to her senses... - 6/7/2012 3:36:54 PM   
Rebenectomy

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

Check out the video on YouTube of Cruise giving a speech about 'study technology'. Not sure if it was filmed pre or post-Kate but how anyone could trust such a transparent bullshitter, let alone fall in love with and be impregnated by them, is beyond me.

Think you need to take into account just how much of an impact Cruise had on Holmes. Apparently growing up she had posters of him on her walls - it's probably not too far fetched to believe that part of this childhood/adolescent fascination added to the attraction. I mean, if Jordan Knight were to proposition me now...

Body Hair Beautiful: An Armpits for August Special
http://www.lipstogetherandblow.com/2013/07/body-beautiful.html

Post #: 223
RE: Katie Holmes comes to her senses... - 6/7/2012 3:52:22 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rebenectomy

quote:

Think you need to take into account just how much of an impact Cruise had on Holmes. Apparently growing up she had posters of him on her walls - it's probably not too far fetched to believe that part of this childhood/adolescent fascination added to the attraction. I mean, if Jordan Knight were to proposition me now...

True, I suppose her parents should just be grateful she didn't take the David Gest route and get married to Cruise's daughter.

< Message edited by horribleives -- 6/7/2012 3:53:09 PM >

(in reply to Rebenectomy)
Post #: 224
RE: Katie Holmes comes to her senses... - 9/7/2012 7:31:58 PM   
Woger

jerry Seifeld nearly got roped in.
http://tv.yahoo.com/news/jerry-seinfeld-once-dabbled-in-scientology.html

Eddie: "Weve been burgaled"
Richie: You may have been, but I have never in my life. As a christian I am so tightly clenched, oh you mean burgaled
- - -
There were originally five horsemen of the apocalypse. Jack Bauer said he would travel by foot

Post #: 225
RE: Katie Holmes comes to her senses... - 10/7/2012 12:19:43 AM   
Spaldron

Apparently the divorce has been settled according to the beeb.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-18776462

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to Woger)
Post #: 226
RE: Katie Holmes comes to her senses... - 10/7/2012 12:46:47 PM   
great_badir

I'm actually pleased that an agreement has been reached with both so quickly - suggests that the basic custody issue has at least been tentatively agreed if not fully resolved.

It does, however, concern me that there is a specific reference (actually more than one reference) to their respective beliefs (which, let's face it, translates as the whole Scientology issue), as if to say that that will be a deciding factor in both the divorce itself and Suri's future. Which I think is ridiculous.

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 227
RE: Katie Holmes comes to her senses... - 14/7/2012 8:55:11 AM   
Titanm21

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/bb0067f61c/tom-cruise-divorce-drunk-cheeseburger?playlist=featured_videos

hehehe

www.TrailerHouseMusings@Blogspot.com

Join us for all the latest trailers in the world of Gaming, TV and Movies [also Facebook and Twitter]

(in reply to great_badir)
Post #: 228
RE: Katie Holmes comes to her senses... - 14/7/2012 12:55:52 PM   
Kilo_T_Mortal

quote:

ORIGINAL: Titanm21

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/bb0067f61c/tom-cruise-divorce-drunk-cheeseburger?playlist=featured_videos

hehehe

He looks just like Tom Cruise, if only they had added some humour.

he's ruining my buestiful threat!

"She must have known about all this before she let that grinning loon put his space-cock anywhere near her?"
horribleives

(in reply to Titanm21)
Post #: 229
RE: Katie Holmes comes to her senses... - 14/7/2012 11:03:50 PM   
ladybooger

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: adambatman82

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: adambatman82
Scientology is no different to Catholicism or Christianity as far as I'm concerned.

No its very different.

How so?

One is a religion and the other is a cult. I'm saying this as a non-believer if that gives perspective.

lol. when does a cult stop being a cult and start being a religion? christianity was a cult when it comprised solely of Saul/Paul of Tarsus spreading the word...it never existed prior to him.

Read my blog - The Exorcist - Magical Fantasy http://www.empireonline.com/myempire/blogs.asp?UID=289447

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 230
RE: Katie Holmes comes to her senses... - 14/7/2012 11:09:19 PM   
elab49

If you can point to your local parish priest regularly charging increasing amounts for basic services, instructing you to break off all contact with anyone not fully on board with what they're telling you (to isolate you and make you more vulnerable)  and then stalking you if you decide to leave then you'd have a better argument for comparing modern christian sects to the Co$

quote:

(in reply to ladybooger)
Post #: 231
RE: Katie Holmes comes to her senses... - 14/7/2012 11:59:46 PM   
ladybooger

quote:

If you can point to your local parish priest regularly charging increasing amounts for basic services, instructing you to break off all contact with anyone not fully on board with what they're telling you (to isolate you and make you more vulnerable)  and then stalking you if you decide to leave then you'd have a better argument for comparing modern christian sects to the Co$

well, lets be thankful they don't burn people at the stake...like the christians of yore used to do, we won't even mention the inquisition....

Read my blog - The Exorcist - Magical Fantasy http://www.empireonline.com/myempire/blogs.asp?UID=289447

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 232
RE: Katie Holmes comes to her senses... - 15/7/2012 12:07:46 AM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: ladybooger

quote:

well, lets be thankful they don't burn people at the stake...like the christians of yore used to do, we won't even mention the inquisition....

You mean this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbcyiFt5VEs

(in reply to ladybooger)
Post #: 233
RE: Katie Holmes comes to her senses... - 15/7/2012 12:12:15 AM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

quote:

Governments used to behead people too. Times change. Let's move on, eh?

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to ladybooger)
Post #: 234
RE: Katie Holmes comes to her senses... - 15/7/2012 12:48:50 AM   
clownfoot

quote:

quote:

quote:

You mean this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbcyiFt5VEs

Shirley you mean this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt0Y39eMvpI

Evil Mod 2 - Hail he who has fallen from the sky to deliver us from the terror of the Deadites!

http://www.thepixelempire.net/index.html
http://clownfootsinversemidas.blogspot.com/

Post #: 235
RE: Katie Holmes comes to her senses... - 15/7/2012 9:19:51 AM   
ladybooger

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

quote:

quote:

Governments used to behead people too. Times change. Let's move on, eh?

i think they still do somewhere. albeit under islamic rule not christianity.

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 236
RE: Katie Holmes comes to her senses... - 15/7/2012 1:01:32 PM   
Ref

It does make me laugh when a discussion about Scientology and a celebrity divorce somehow ends up being a 'let's have a go at Christianity' thread.

Viewers of a nervous disposition may be interested to know that your television is off and I am speaking to you from inside your head...

Hugh Dennis, Mock the Week

Icon created by the talented JaD

(in reply to ladybooger)
Post #: 237
RE: Katie Holmes comes to her senses... - 15/7/2012 1:33:34 PM   
superdan

quote:

lol. when does a cult stop being a cult and start being a religion? christianity was a cult when it comprised solely of Saul/Paul of Tarsus spreading the word...it never existed prior to him.

Time mostly, which scientology doesn't have. It's also not helped by the fact that we could talk to people who knew the guy who invented it and hear stories of it's creation from them. All of which can be put online for all to read, for as long as technology exists. Not a lot of verifiable first person testimony available on the creation of Christianity (unless you're going to include the Bible), which at least was a cult based on the Abrahamic tradition. As opposed to a pulp sci-fi hack claiming we are all aliens in order to make lots of money (which he did).

(in reply to ladybooger)
Post #: 238
RE: Katie Holmes comes to her senses... - 15/7/2012 1:47:47 PM   
princessa

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Big Guy

Whether Scientology is a reason for the dissolution of their marriage or not, it cannot have escaped her that it would play a huge part in any post-divorce scenario, given the manner in which Scientologists behave to those who leave the church. How the situation is going to be healthy for their young daughter, I do not know. As the child she is the innocent victim in this instance. Kat(i)e Holmes clearly had strong reasons to leave Tom Cruise, given what she knows of the Cult, and the possible separation of her child from one parent permanently must have weighed heavily on her mind.

Good post i completely agree with you. I have read that she has now gone back to Catholicism.

I must say that i was surprised at the divorce announcment. I never saw her leaving him tbh (not for a long time anyway). It seems to me that she got real swept up into his world. In the media she was always portrayed as a fembot that was controlled by Tom.

Just reading stuff it seems the media underestimated her and that she is stronger than anyone gave her credit for. To start divorce proceedings without TC knowing and taking him by surprise, must have taken some real good planning.

I hope that this doesn't effect Suri in the long term and that once the dust has settled the paps will leave her alone to live a relatively 'normal' life. I have always felt that she was way too overexposed even for a celebs kid.

Also i am glad that both TC and KH have reached an 'amicable' agreement. I did not see Katie getting sole custody when i first heard the news. I thought that TC would fight it. But its over now so lets hope everyone involved can move on.

(in reply to The Big Guy)
Post #: 239
RE: Katie Holmes comes to her senses... - 15/7/2012 2:07:14 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: princessa

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Big Guy

Good post i completely agree with you. I have read that she has now gone back to Catholicism.

I must say that i was surprised at the divorce announcment. I never saw her leaving him tbh (not for a long time anyway). It seems to me that she got real swept up into his world. In the media she was always portrayed as a fembot that was controlled by Tom.

Just reading stuff it seems the media underestimated her and that she is stronger than anyone gave her credit for. To start divorce proceedings without TC knowing and taking him by surprise, must have taken some real good planning.

I hope that this doesn't effect Suri in the long term and that once the dust has settled the paps will leave her alone to live a relatively 'normal' life. I have always felt that she was way too overexposed even for a celebs kid.

Also i am glad that both TC and KH have reached an 'amicable' agreement. I did not see Katie getting sole custody when i first heard the news. I thought that TC would fight it. But its over now so lets hope everyone involved can move on.

I get your points but I'm not sure what a smooth-talking cartoon feline's got to do with it.

< Message edited by horribleives -- 15/7/2012 2:09:49 PM >

(in reply to princessa)
Post #: 240
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 7 [8] 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> RE: Katie Holmes comes to her senses... Page: <<   < prev  5 6 7 [8] 9   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI