Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Katie Holmes comes to her senses...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> RE: Katie Holmes comes to her senses... Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Katie Holmes comes to her senses... - 1/7/2012 8:09:49 AM   
elab49

Given their care to toe the line in the UK, to preserve the bottom line, I'm surprised and seriously shocked someone not over the age of consent could get that far in legally. Where was it in Edinburgh then? This'd be the start of the noughties I guess? (Unless I've really messed up your age, sorry! )

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to NinjaShortbread212)
Post #: 61
RE: Katie Holmes comes to her senses... - 1/7/2012 10:16:12 AM   
sanchia

A few things coming out today. I did not realise they lived at an apartment actually in the Scientology celebrity centre in Los Angeles! Apparently the Scientology bunch got to veto who could visit. Also Cruise apparently got to choose which roles Katie was allowed to take and disliked her being called Katie and insisted people called her Kate.

I don't know the veracity of these claims but if true he is indeed a controlling dick.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 62
RE: Katie Holmes comes to her senses... - 1/7/2012 10:30:06 AM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

A few things coming out today. I did not realise they lived at an apartment actually in the Scientology celebrity centre in Los Angeles! Apparently the Scientology bunch got to veto who could visit. Also Cruise apparently got to choose which roles Katie was allowed to take and disliked her being called Katie and insisted people called her Kate.

I don't know the veracity of these claims but if true he is indeed a controlling dick.

lol.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 63
RE: Katie Holmes comes to her senses... - 1/7/2012 10:48:33 AM   
Dpp1978

quote:

ORIGINAL: NinjaShortbread212

I had the lucky chance to visit the place and it's massive! They have guards that patrol at night and everything. They want tio get beginners on a "Cleansing Course" to start of with and then get them on their way on "The Bridge", which you work your way along, paying your hard earned cash, to get enlightenment and find out the "secret" of Scientology. Looking back, I kinda wish I had done it... out of curiosity you understand! A certain episode of South Park comes to mind here.

Inspired to this topic I have been doing some more reading on the subject. Wikileaks has a vast collection of documents on their site, including the complete OT courses 1-8. OT3 is the one where the "secret" is revealed; in L Ron's own, barely decipherable, handwriting no less.

If you are brave enough to risk glancing at this dangerous information it is all there.

I had forgotten how batshit insane some of it is.

Post #: 64
RE: Katie Holmes comes to her senses... - 1/7/2012 12:50:27 PM   
matty_b

I got suckered into taking one of their personality tests, once.

I was 18, just started university and was dawdling along the high street when some random guy asked me if I wanted to take the test. Being a bit naive and bored at the time, I thought "why not?" and thought I'd give it a go.

I wish I could remember all the exact details, but there was about 100 or so questions which was the first thing that set off the warning signs, as did the fact that they went from fairly innocent "how do you feel first thing in the morning?" to more bizarre stuff like, "If a neighbouring country invaded, how would you react?".

I then had to wait around for 20 minutes while the results were analysed before a woman tried to convince me that I was a person in desperate need of help, only they could give me.

By this point, I'd already realised what it was about and was more amused than anything, but was also put off by the fact that the woman stank of B.O.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to Dpp1978)
Post #: 65
RE: Katie Holmes comes to her senses... - 1/7/2012 12:56:29 PM   
superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b
By this point, I'd already realised what it was about and was more amused than anything, but was also put off by the fact that the woman stank of B.O.

That would have been her inner Thetan. Those things fucking reek.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 66
RE: Katie Holmes comes to her senses... - 1/7/2012 1:00:48 PM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

They literally wash their hands of you.

Really?

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

Post #: 67
RE: Katie Holmes comes to her senses... - 1/7/2012 1:21:48 PM   
sanchia

They use a special handwash.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 68
RE: Katie Holmes comes to her senses... - 1/7/2012 1:25:23 PM   
horribleives

Is Tom Cruise just a bit little for a leading man or is he a full-on short-arse?

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 69
RE: Katie Holmes comes to her senses... - 1/7/2012 1:26:29 PM   
homersimpson_esq

They nearly cast him as Tyrion.

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 70
RE: Katie Holmes comes to her senses... - 1/7/2012 1:28:30 PM   
Hood_Man

Does Tom Cruise?

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 71
RE: Katie Holmes comes to her senses... - 1/7/2012 1:30:57 PM   
Rhubarb

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

I got suckered into taking one of their personality tests, once.

I was 18, just started university and was dawdling along the high street when some random guy asked me if I wanted to take the test. Being a bit naive and bored at the time, I thought "why not?" and thought I'd give it a go.

I wish I could remember all the exact details, but there was about 100 or so questions which was the first thing that set off the warning signs, as did the fact that they went from fairly innocent "how do you feel first thing in the morning?" to more bizarre stuff like, "If a neighbouring country invaded, how would you react?".

I then had to wait around for 20 minutes while the results were analysed before a woman tried to convince me that I was a person in desperate need of help, only they could give me.

I did this same thing when I was in the first year at University, because we lived on the same street as a Church of Scientology. Although I went in kinda intrigued about them and kinda just wanted to take the personality test for a giggle really, and to see what they were all about (I went through a phase of reading up on all the religions, and as a result have a frightening array of religious texts on my bookshelf).

The personality test is a weird one, because its multiple choice and the questions are worded in such a way that its quite tricksy to figure out which side of the fence your sitting on - all treble double negatives etc. But yeah I filled out the test and the results came back that I was depressed, not fitting in, antisocial, misanthropic etc etc etc, and I could fix this (obviously) if I bought a book for just 7.99. I assumed you could only fail the test and get these results, which sort of disappointed me, so I sent in a couple of friends, and one got similar to me, but the other was told he was a well adjusted member of society. Frankly I was happier with my result at that point.

I did actually sign up for their bottom tier free membership to get some taster books and leaflets, and basically its just cod-self help stuff at that stage, which is fine really, it isn't doing any harm - at least untill you start thinking "oh they helped me with blah blah blah, maybe all this other stuff is true". What was interesting was I did get into an argument about the Scientology lady about drug use as she wasn't all that educated beyond what she had been told by the Church, and also amazed her by being to define awkward words (like "the") which she assumed people couldn't do.

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

ORIGINAL: FritzlFan

You organisational skills sicken me, Rhubarb.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 72
RE: Katie Holmes comes to her senses... - 1/7/2012 1:31:41 PM   
Rhubarb

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

Does Tom Cruise?

Is Martin Short?

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

ORIGINAL: FritzlFan

You organisational skills sicken me, Rhubarb.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 73
RE: Katie Holmes comes to her senses... - 1/7/2012 1:34:19 PM   
superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rhubarb

quote:

Does Tom Cruise?

Is Martin Short?

Stop it now.

Is Abbie Cornish?

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 74
RE: Katie Holmes comes to her senses... - 1/7/2012 2:44:31 PM   
NinjaShortbread212

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

Given their care to toe the line in the UK, to preserve the bottom line, I'm surprised and seriously shocked someone not over the age of consent could get that far in legally. Where was it in Edinburgh then? This'd be the start of the noughties I guess? (Unless I've really messed up your age, sorry! )

I know! Looking back, I'm quite surprised myself. Perhaps it was (in their minds) a sort of "grooming" thing, you know, get 'em in young.

It was in Edinburgh, yes. There's an "Org" (Organisation) on North Bridge, which is where I was. They advertise outside for people to come in and take an IQ test, I did but the way I got in was more complicated than that. I was best friends with a girl who's family were all into it, so these people actually knew me. I remember having a conversation with her big sister once and she was saying things to me like "You know, if your family don't agree with this and wash their hands of you... you've got us"!.

Maaad.

EDT: You didn't mess up my age, you're spot on actually.

< Message edited by NinjaShortbread212 -- 1/7/2012 2:45:08 PM >

Art

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 75
RE: Katie Holmes comes to her senses... - 1/7/2012 2:48:10 PM   
NinjaShortbread212

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978

quote:

I had the lucky chance to visit the place and it's massive! They have guards that patrol at night and everything. They want tio get beginners on a "Cleansing Course" to start of with and then get them on their way on "The Bridge", which you work your way along, paying your hard earned cash, to get enlightenment and find out the "secret" of Scientology. Looking back, I kinda wish I had done it... out of curiosity you understand! A certain episode of South Park comes to mind here.

Inspired to this topic I have been doing some more reading on the subject. Wikileaks has a vast collection of documents on their site, including the complete OT courses 1-8. OT3 is the one where the "secret" is revealed; in L Ron's own, barely decipherable, handwriting no less.

If you are brave enough to risk glancing at this dangerous information it is all there.

I had forgotten how batshit insane some of it is.

Thanks for that, I may take a wee gander later. I kinda feel slightly robbed over not knowing now.

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

quote:

Really?

Pretty much. At least from my experience. It was about 12 years ago now though.

Art

(in reply to Dpp1978)
Post #: 76
RE: Katie Holmes comes to her senses... - 1/7/2012 6:17:34 PM   
great_badir

quote:

quote:

quote:

Really?

Nah nah - homer's got his grammar police helmet on.

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

Post #: 77
RE: Katie Holmes comes to her senses... - 1/7/2012 7:09:57 PM   
paul.mccluskey

Anyone believe the theories that the marriage was all a business arrangement? Been hearing stories that Cruise was actually auditioning wives, and Katie drew the short straw.

Also, Ruper Murdoch threw in his two cents with these cryptic tweets:

quote:

Watch Katie Holmes and Scientology story develop. Something creepy, maybe even evil, about these people.

quote:

Since Scientology tweet hundreds of attacks. Expect they will increase and get worse and maybe threatening. Still stick to my story.

Does he know something? More phone hacking scandals?

(in reply to great_badir)
Post #: 78
RE: Katie Holmes comes to her senses... - 1/7/2012 7:56:40 PM   
DancingClown

quote:

ORIGINAL: paul.mccluskey

Anyone believe the theories that the marriage was all a business arrangement? Been hearing stories that Cruise was actually auditioning wives, and Katie drew the short straw.

quote:

Watch Katie Holmes and Scientology story develop. Something creepy, maybe even evil, about these people.

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to paul.mccluskey)
Post #: 79
RE: Katie Holmes comes to her senses... - 1/7/2012 8:29:29 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

quote:

Does Tom Cruise?

Is Martin Short?

Does Kenny Rogers?

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 80
RE: Katie Holmes comes to her senses... - 1/7/2012 9:14:47 PM   
Rinc

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flatulent_Bob

quote:

quote:

Does Tom Cruise?

Is Martin Short?

Does Kenny Rogers?

Does John Hurt?

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 81
RE: Katie Holmes comes to her senses... - 1/7/2012 9:16:59 PM   
BigKovacs

Meet Steve Martin.

Gamertag: Cambo1979.

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 82
RE: Katie Holmes comes to her senses... - 1/7/2012 9:35:07 PM   
elab49

The contract rumours have been around for ages (i.e., on internet gossip sites) - normally pegged at around 10 years but if you realised you'd screwed up and wanted to get a little girl out, then before she got her full-on final brainwashing at school would be the time to do it. 

< Message edited by elab49 -- 1/7/2012 11:12:32 PM >

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to BigKovacs)
Post #: 83
RE: Katie Holmes comes to her senses... - 1/7/2012 11:03:40 PM   
Super Hans

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flatulent_Bob

quote:

quote:

Does Tom Cruise?

Is Martin Short?

Does Kenny Rogers?

Does John Hurt?

Was Marvin Gaye?

"Its staring at you in the face Mark, there's only one more sex to try..."

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 84
RE: Katie Holmes comes to her senses... - 2/7/2012 12:46:16 AM   
NinjaShortbread212

quote:

ORIGINAL: great_badir

quote:

quote:

quote:

Really?

Nah nah - homer's got his grammar police helmet on.

Oh, I see. It all makes perfect sense now.

Art

(in reply to great_badir)
Post #: 85
RE: Katie Holmes comes to her senses... - 2/7/2012 10:06:14 AM   
jediwarrior

I go away on holiday for a week and come back and find TomKat have split

Actually when we got back saturday night, I went down to pick up our mail and in the front reception of the flats we live someone has left some Scientology books out for people to take and read.

Must have someone in our flats (maybe Tom Cruise if he had to move out the family house ) who is into Scientology. Quite interested to read one but think my Girlfriend would do her nut if she saw me reading it.

GAMERTAG: hothtrooper

The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish.

Post #: 86
RE: Katie Holmes comes to her senses... - 2/7/2012 1:00:02 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

quote:

ORIGINAL: paul.mccluskey

quote:

Same could be said of News International

(in reply to paul.mccluskey)
Post #: 87
RE: Katie Holmes comes to her senses... - 2/7/2012 1:00:52 PM   
superdan

The fact that Murdoch has no time for scientology actually makes me hate him a little bit less.

(in reply to Fluke Skywalker)
Post #: 88
RE: Katie Holmes comes to her senses... - 2/7/2012 1:08:17 PM   
great_badir

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan
The fact that Murdoch has no time for scientology actually makes me hate him a little bit less.

I'm surprised he hasn't tried to buy it. He could probably afford to outright, and it IS a good moneyspinner.

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 89
RE: Katie Holmes comes to her senses... - 2/7/2012 1:14:01 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

He has his own cult - the cult of the corporate sociopath

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> RE: Katie Holmes comes to her senses... Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI