Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

New (Old) Total Recall Trailer Lands

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> New (Old) Total Recall Trailer Lands Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New (Old) Total Recall Trailer Lands - 29/6/2012 3:32:37 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
dear empire - 29/6/2012 3:32:37 PM   
dsysa06

cut the huge bloody Tennants sponsor message

sincerely,

daniel

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
RE: dear empire - 29/6/2012 5:52:12 PM   
Gigolo Joe

Great movie - Shit trailer!

Why on earth do they need to "update" the style to make it more appealing to adolescent boys?

The crappy modern music, the crappy modern editing with the speeded up shots and rhythmic bangs with the gunshots and punches - it's so fucking cliche by now because all trailers follow the same formula.

Are they ashamed of the film? Jerry Goldsmith's score is one of his best and would have been way better at conveying the classic Sci-Fi atmosphere of the movie...

It reminds me of the trailer for the last Indiana Jones movie - the one they put through the Michael Bay/Hans Zimmer trailer template.

This trailer demonstrate everything that's obtuse and homogenous about 21st century Hollywood - producing films that have the feeling of being a 2 hour trailer.

Whereas Total Recall is very much the kind of Film nobody has the balls or the charm to make anymore.

We are drifting into the arena of the unwell

(in reply to dsysa06)
Post #: 3
Needed Jerry Goldsmith.... - 29/6/2012 7:07:15 PM   
GALLYMOO

Hollywood's music is so sub-standard and generic these days....where's the motifs, fanfares and good ol' hum-along themes....it's all the same these days....

Post #: 4
Total Recall - 29/6/2012 7:11:35 PM   
durelius

Love this film one of the first films I saw at cinema.
the new version is going to be a completely different animal but I do like the look of it, strange they are remaking all Verhoevens' minus the violence I expect.

Post #: 5
What's the spoiler policy on re-releases? - 29/6/2012 11:45:07 PM   
Concise_Statement

Is it really the best strategy for the trailer makers to go out of their way to expose whole plot turns and character demises? It doesn't matter that the film's over 20 years old - it makes no commercial sense to exclude a whole generation of filmgoers who haven't seen the damn thing yet. Isn't attracting them the whole point?

Post #: 6
RE: What's the spoiler policy on re-releases? - 30/6/2012 6:07:11 AM   
Whistler

quote:

ORIGINAL: Concise_Statement

Is it really the best strategy for the trailer makers to go out of their way to expose whole plot turns and character demises? It doesn't matter that the film's over 20 years old - it makes no commercial sense to exclude a whole generation of filmgoers who haven't seen the damn thing yet. Isn't attracting them the whole point?

They've done the same thing with the new trailer for the remake. It reveals the whole deal with his wife, so anyone who hasn't seen the original now has it spoiled for them.

(in reply to Concise_Statement)
Post #: 7
The Blueprint For Great Movie - 30/6/2012 10:33:40 AM   
burtbondy

Why was it back then blockbusters were rated 18 and studios didn't consider it to be financial death sentance. I was 12 when Recall came out and i remember everybody watching it in the cinema and renting it on video about a year later.

Post #: 8
Shocking - 30/6/2012 11:57:44 AM   
DeadCell79

I didn't like this trailer one bit. They are trying to hard to be modern in their editing style, music was abit out of place as well.

Shocking

Post #: 9
Shocking - 30/6/2012 12:03:30 PM   
DeadCell79

I didn't like this trailer one bit. They are trying to hard to be modern in their editing style, music was abit out of place as well.

Shocking

Post #: 10
Shocking - 30/6/2012 12:04:50 PM   
DeadCell79

Shocking

Post #: 11
- 30/6/2012 3:12:20 PM   
LSJShez

Uh- uh pal, you got yourself mixed up with somebody else.
AARGH, CRUNCH, CRACK, HUH! BLAM.

Post #: 12
RE: New (Old) Total Recall Trailer Lands - 2/7/2012 12:33:09 PM   
My name is Legion

Whoever cut that trailer was 100% taking the piss out of modern trailers.

Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> New (Old) Total Recall Trailer Lands Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI