Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Roped into DJ-ing some hipster Indie night in about 5 hours time .......

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Audiophile >> Roped into DJ-ing some hipster Indie night in about 5 hours time ....... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Roped into DJ-ing some hipster Indie night in about 5 h... - 28/6/2012 4:48:14 PM   
Lucky Day

I'm fine up to about 2001 but we're dealing with young bucks here.

Any suggestions greatfully recieved. Bands & Songs.

Just so I only have to blag half the night
Post #: 1
RE: Roped into DJ-ing some hipster Indie night in about... - 28/6/2012 5:29:25 PM   
Woger

DJing is so mainstream.
When I think of hipster doofus' I'm reminded of that song from a good few years ago,can't remember the band but the song was Bohemian like you

Eddie: "Weve been burgaled"
Richie: You may have been, but I have never in my life. As a christian I am so tightly clenched, oh you mean burgaled
- - -
There were originally five horsemen of the apocalypse. Jack Bauer said he would travel by foot

(in reply to Lucky Day)
Post #: 2
RE: Roped into DJ-ing some hipster Indie night in about... - 28/6/2012 6:19:33 PM   
JessFranco

Depends very much on the hipsterness of the crowd but i'd guess these might be ok:

Dirty Projectors - Stillness Is The Move
Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros - Home
Peter, Bjorn & John - Young Folks
Le Tigre - TKO
Hot Chip - Ready For The Floor
Yeasayer - Ambling Alp
The Blow - Parentheses

idk, there's a reason i don't DJ indie nights, to be honest.

Even the French know better than to fuck with me

http://closer-to-perfection.tumblr.com/

(in reply to Lucky Day)
Post #: 3
RE: Roped into DJ-ing some hipster Indie night in about... - 28/6/2012 7:01:02 PM   
Lucky Day

quote:

ORIGINAL: JessFranco

Depends very much on the hipsterness of the crowd but i'd guess these might be ok:

Dirty Projectors - Stillness Is The Move
Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros - Home
Peter, Bjorn & John - Young Folks
Le Tigre - TKO
Hot Chip - Ready For The Floor
Yeasayer - Ambling Alp
The Blow - Parentheses

idk, there's a reason i don't DJ indie nights, to be honest.

That all sounds about right, but the tune off the Homebase advert ? Really?

Thanks very much, that will cover the hipsters for a while then I will do my own thing and they can like it or lump it

(in reply to JessFranco)
Post #: 4
RE: Roped into DJ-ing some hipster Indie night in about... - 28/6/2012 7:59:40 PM   
hubu_phonk

Hmmm. sounds like a pickle. I personally would get my iPod and sit with the head phones on listening to your own music whilst the wee fucks stare at you

Straight in, no kissing

http://www.last.fm/user/hubuphonk

(in reply to Lucky Day)
Post #: 5
RE: Roped into DJ-ing some hipster Indie night in about... - 28/6/2012 8:13:06 PM   
Lucky Day

quote:

ORIGINAL: hubu_phonk

Hmmm. sounds like a pickle. I personally would get my iPod and sit with the head phones on listening to your own music whilst the wee fucks stare at you

Whilst taking a dump and wiping my arse with a copy of the NME.

(in reply to hubu_phonk)
Post #: 6
RE: Roped into DJ-ing some hipster Indie night in about... - 28/6/2012 8:52:00 PM   
hubu_phonk

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lucky Day

quote:

Whilst taking a dump and wiping my arse with a copy of the NME.

yet the dead-eye stare would not waver, not one iota

Straight in, no kissing

(in reply to Lucky Day)
Post #: 7
RE: Roped into DJ-ing some hipster Indie night in about... - 28/6/2012 8:54:32 PM   
hubu_phonk

I never DJ'd straight. Back in my 'honey-moon' period with Bumble Bee's, i had a habit of smacking out halfway through a set and forgetting to play the next song, oblivious to the dead silence and still grooving to myself. good times

Straight in, no kissing

(in reply to hubu_phonk)
Post #: 8
RE: Roped into DJ-ing some hipster Indie night in about... - 28/6/2012 9:13:22 PM   
Lucky Day

quote:

I never DJ'd straight. Back in my 'honey-moon' period with Bumble Bee's, i had a habit of smacking out halfway through a set and forgetting to play the next song, oblivious to the dead silence and still grooving to myself. good times

15 years I've been DJ-ing. I think I'm whats classed as a commercial DJ, as in I also like to get paid for it.

Greatest achievement in that time was when I once (whilst working a wedding as posh as the Queen) had a group of 50 to 70 year olds form a circle, jump up and down, and chant "here we, here we, here we fucking go" to Cafe Del Mar. True story, they loved it and no one died

I would doubt these crazy indie cats I'm soon to entertain are going to be nearly as much fun.

(in reply to hubu_phonk)
Post #: 9
RE: Roped into DJ-ing some hipster Indie night in about... - 28/6/2012 9:27:04 PM   
hubu_phonk

^ aye, it's a decent bit of extra if you do stuff like weddings so fair play. I'm too much of an artist to compromise

It was good fun while i did it, and recently some folk have been asking me to do it again. But family and work have happened. all my decks are on loan!. was thinking of getng them back and recording using trakor ( it think, apparently my mixer is trakor ready )

Well i do hope you have some craic tonight. Just get full

< Message edited by hubu_phonk -- 28/6/2012 9:28:10 PM >

Straight in, no kissing

(in reply to Lucky Day)
Post #: 10
RE: Roped into DJ-ing some hipster Indie night in about... - 28/6/2012 11:39:54 PM   
Lucky Day

Well, it's happening now. Hipsters everywhere. I'm already feeling the urge to fuck with them. Some kind of xfactor indie cover required.........

(in reply to hubu_phonk)
Post #: 11
RE: Roped into DJ-ing some hipster Indie night in about... - 29/6/2012 12:52:41 AM   
Spaldron

Play this.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to Lucky Day)
Post #: 12
RE: Roped into DJ-ing some hipster Indie night in about... - 29/6/2012 1:12:24 AM   
hubu_phonk

quote:

Well, it's happening now. Hipsters everywhere. I'm already feeling the urge to fuck with them. Some kind of xfactor indie cover required.........

Dude, what kinds gig is this?

I'm now having thoughts that it's like the ending parts of Requiem for a Dream, you know, with the double edge dildo and all that

< Message edited by hubu_phonk -- 29/6/2012 1:14:59 AM >

Straight in, no kissing

(in reply to Lucky Day)
Post #: 13
RE: Roped into DJ-ing some hipster Indie night in about... - 29/6/2012 1:16:56 AM   
NinjaShortbread212

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

Play this.

Art

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 14
RE: Roped into DJ-ing some hipster Indie night in about... - 29/6/2012 1:22:11 AM   
Lucky Day

Some emo's have pitched up to join the party. I'm playing Get The Funk out by Extreme. They are not digging it, but a really tidy girl is.

(in reply to NinjaShortbread212)
Post #: 15
RE: Roped into DJ-ing some hipster Indie night in about... - 29/6/2012 1:26:21 AM   
hubu_phonk

quote:

Some emo's have pitched up to join the party. I'm playing Get The Funk out by Extreme. They are not digging it, but a really tidy girl is.

EXTREME! ............ fuck

Straight in, no kissing

(in reply to Lucky Day)
Post #: 16
RE: Roped into DJ-ing some hipster Indie night in about... - 29/6/2012 3:53:44 PM   
Arron_

Put some Slayer on. Actually, they'll find some irony to latch onto and enjoy. In fact, don't put Slayer on, you'll be fuelling their fire.

(in reply to hubu_phonk)
Post #: 17
RE: Roped into DJ-ing some hipster Indie night in about... - 29/6/2012 6:13:18 PM   
Lucky Day

Well, that was exactly as much fun as I knew it would be. Hipsters & Emo's & a couple of local nutters who pitched up in the wrong boozer. These cunts would all appear to go out specifically to not have a good time. That was maybe my fault mind you. I did take the piss a bit, still, got paid. And if I didn't do it no one would. They should be more fucking grateful.

(in reply to Arron_)
Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Audiophile >> Roped into DJ-ing some hipster Indie night in about 5 hours time ....... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI